Phil Health

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phil Health

Greetings,

From what I understand the new rates commence on 1 July and any previous membership will be cancelled on that date. Example would be that I am paid up to 31 Dec this year but this would be terminated on 1 Jul on the old rates.

Now, I have just heard from a friend that this is not the case and he has enrolled for 3 years at the old rate of 200 php pm. This is contrary to the current regulations that subscriptions can be renewed quarterly, 6 monthly and annually.

Anyone heard of this?

Regards

Pete

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Jun 22nd 2017 at 12:18 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by springsteen11
Greetings,

From what I understand the new rates commence on 1 July and any previous membership will be cancelled on that date. Example would be that I am paid up to 31 Dec this year but this would be terminated on 1 Jul on the old rates.

Now, I have just heard from a friend that this is not the case and he has enrolled for 3 years at the old rate of 200 php pm. This is contrary to the current regulations that subscriptions can be renewed quarterly, 6 monthly and annually.

Anyone heard of this?

Regards

Pete
Sounds a bit like the Senior Citizens card, we are not supposed to have it but shops are unaware. Having said that I would go for the official line, finding out that after 10 days or so in hospital that your card is not accepted will not assist in recuperation.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

JohnSurrey is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings,

Anyone heard of this?

Regards

Pete
Yes I have heard of it - if you go to your Philhealth office they may take you off your wife's policy before 1 July and transfer you to your own and then you may be able to avail of a 3 years in advance deal at the rate of 200 pm....

However I have also heard that the above may work ok until you make a claim at which point PhilHealth will then get you for the unpaid amount at the rate of 17,000 pa...

Think I'll try and pay a year in advance for myself at 2400 and cross my fingers
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnSurrey
Yes I have heard of it - if you go to your Philhealth office they may take you off your wife's policy before 1 July and transfer you to your own and then you may be able to avail of a 3 years in advance deal at the rate of 200 pm....

However I have also heard that the above may work ok until you make a claim at which point PhilHealth will then get you for the unpaid amount at the rate of 17,000 pa...

Think I'll try and pay a year in advance for myself at 2400 and cross my fingers
Yes, some expats are saying on FB etc that various PhilHealth offices are saying that the "regular' rates apply until expiry AND you can pay up to 3 years in advance. Other offices say NO , new rate applies from July 1. The circular implementing this https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circul...c2017-0003.pdf does say that PhilHealth officials will check eligibility for benefits before issuing the claim form. I infer from this that they will refuse benefits if you have not paid the new rate. you never know, some may slip through the net but this circular was sent to all PhilHealth offices and to Philhealth reps in the hospitals. I have no intentions of being denied the PhilHealth contribution to any hospital charges!
If, as Tropic of Cancer said in his post it will now cover some outpatient costs then that would be very helpful, but so far I've not found these benefits. It does cover certain outpatient costs where they are part of an hospital admission - such as follow up tests etc.
My wife needs regular blood tests and urinalysis so any help towards these costs would be welcome!
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I'd heard that you will need to top up anything you have after 1st July. So you can pay in advance at the old rate but the balance will become due after 1st July
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I'd heard that you will need to top up anything you have after 1st July. So you can pay in advance at the old rate but the balance will become due after 1st July
That makes sense. I'll check when I go to Philhealth next week.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

hi quiltman...

is there any chance i could talk to you in private please?

I think i have already sent you a message a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you
Old Jun 29th 2017, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings,

Copied and pasted this from another site....

Last sentence to me is salient.

Just got this from an expat in Luzon:..................."Some mostly from the South are given the 2400p deal and have been allowed to pay 3 years out. Others such as myself told NO the 17k rate is effective for every foreigner. A call to Manila by my local Phil health office in northern Luzon confirmed 17k is correct and the only option. Went through two levels of Management in Manila and that was the answer. I took advantage of only paying 6 months at the 17k rate till this shakes out. I think a new memo will be issued shortly and there are going to be some really pissed off expats one side or the other. Ridiculous that this could happen". ..........................Some have said they are paying 7200 for 3 years which is based on the old rate and are trying to beat the July 1st deadline for foreigners. It is at this point possible that allowing foreigners to pay at the old rate to beat the deadline is a misinterpretation and could mean that their payment of 7200 would only be enough for a quarter under the new rate"

Regards

Pete
Old Jun 29th 2017, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings,

Copied and pasted this from another site....

Last sentence to me is salient.

Just got this from an expat in Luzon:..................."Some mostly from the South are given the 2400p deal and have been allowed to pay 3 years out. Others such as myself told NO the 17k rate is effective for every foreigner. A call to Manila by my local Phil health office in northern Luzon confirmed 17k is correct and the only option. Went through two levels of Management in Manila and that was the answer. I took advantage of only paying 6 months at the 17k rate till this shakes out. I think a new memo will be issued shortly and there are going to be some really pissed off expats one side or the other. Ridiculous that this could happen". ..........................Some have said they are paying 7200 for 3 years which is based on the old rate and are trying to beat the July 1st deadline for foreigners. It is at this point possible that allowing foreigners to pay at the old rate to beat the deadline is a misinterpretation and could mean that their payment of 7200 would only be enough for a quarter under the new rate"

Regards

Pete
So really usual confusion rules. You could pay less but it may or may not be accepted in some placers when you come to use it.

A quick health note, beware of large spiders. I poked my finger at one in my bathroom to make it run away, it didn't, it went for my finger.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn

I think what will happen is that they will check your contributions and if you are short....you will need to "top up".

I hope your finger gets well soon.... :-)

Pete
Old Jun 29th 2017, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it's not just the LTO that struggles to get all of their ducks in a row.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn

I think what will happen is that they will check your contributions and if you are short....you will need to "top up".

I hope your finger gets well soon.... :-)

Pete
Thanks for the concern but I just managed to get my finger out of the way in time, these things have fangs about 1cm long but not poisonous, so I have been told. I think this is the one that has been leaving the empty gecko skins around the bathroom.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Greetings,

I went to the Philhealth Office in Kabankalan yesterday and obtained 3 yrs for 7200php commencing 1 Jan 18 (When my current subs expires). A friend had already been there previously a few days before and they knew nothing about the scheme. They obviously had done some checking prior to my arrival. My receipt and I assume all others who had paid shows a prepayment of 7200. It does not state that I have paid in full. It is a receipt for monies received only. I have still not received a cogent response to my e.mail via their web site. This questioned the validity of the deal. I have seen nothing in print on this scheme and I doubt if any one has. Tomorrow is 1 Jul.....I wonder if I am correct in smelling a rat. Perhaps I have been here too long.

Regards

Pete
Old Jul 1st 2017, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings,

I went to the Philhealth Office in Kabankalan yesterday and obtained 3 yrs for 7200php commencing 1 Jan 18 (When my current subs expires). A friend had already been there previously a few days before and they knew nothing about the scheme. They obviously had done some checking prior to my arrival. My receipt and I assume all others who had paid shows a prepayment of 7200. It does not state that I have paid in full. It is a receipt for monies received only. I have still not received a cogent response to my e.mail via their web site. This questioned the validity of the deal. I have seen nothing in print on this scheme and I doubt if any one has. Tomorrow is 1 Jul.....I wonder if I am correct in smelling a rat. Perhaps I have been here too long.

Regards

Pete
Interesting Pete! When I have renewed previously (usually at LBC for convenience) my receipt states the new validity - Jan 1 17 to Dec 17 for example . I noticed in the circular that the PRA will be giving PhilHealth details of SRRV holders for them to build up database in order to determine eligibility and contact re enrollement. I wonder if the BI will be doing the same for ACR holders?
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings!

The You Tube clip which I have attached shows I believe what a lot of us thought about the 3yr scheme @ 200 php and what it actually means.

As far as I can see, the 7200 php for 3 yrs is only a contribution and not a full payment. The full payment is 17,000 or 15,000 pa dependent on what type of visa you have.

Now whilst I agree, the new price is cheap comparable to what can be obtained privately, but nonetheless it appears to me to be a deliberate misleading of facts. You cannot get 3yrs full payment for 7,200 peso as we have been lead to believe.

I believe this was a ruse to get us into paying 3 yrs at the new inflated rate. Now, some of us with limited means would probably pay contributions quarterly or whatever to fit our individual budgets. This is what I would have done. Now, we could have a situation such as this as an example: After two years, you require to be admitted to hospital whereupon you will be asked to pay the top-up contributions amounting to 29,200 php. Supposing you don't have that kind of money laying about? Or after the 3 yrs membership and you wish to renew for a further year, will you be required to stump up the balance of 43,800?

If what I believe is correct, I guess the prudent thing to do is to top up every 3 months. I have still seen nothing in writing nor received a coherent response from Phil Health on this subject.

Regards

Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.