Passport Expired

Old Apr 28th 2022, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Expired

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Already done, the UK doesn't require 6 month on your passport.
You can arrive in the UK on the last day of your UK passport with no problems but it was the airline that was giving him the grief.
Old Apr 28th 2022, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
You can arrive in the UK on the last day of your UK passport with no problems but it was the airline that was giving him the grief.
Yes but I spoke to Emirates about 5 weeks ago. I couldn't fill in our information on the app because it required 90 days, They said they had fixed it and app now says "on record". So I'm hoping everything will be good.
Old May 10th 2022, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone confirm that the courier they use here to eventually deliver ones renewed British passport is LBC?
Think it must be but its been so long coming we're moving house very soon and so it would be helpful to know for sure.
Do they send an email once it gets to the Philippines?
Or just when it leaves Liverpool?
Old May 11th 2022, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Can anyone confirm that the courier they use here to eventually deliver ones renewed British passport is LBC?
Think it must be but its been so long coming we're moving house very soon and so it would be helpful to know for sure.
Do they send an email once it gets to the Philippines?
Or just when it leaves Liverpool?
Mine was delivered by DHL. After arriving in the Philippines it took 11 days to travel the last 250km. I signed up for notification when it was out for delivery, don't bother though, first one the notification was sent 4 hours after it had been delivered and the second time 6 days before it was delivered so they obviously they have no idea what 'Notification' means. If you go into the tracking site I think you can arrange delivery at a different address. Also for security reasons they are supposed to deliver the old and new passports separately, Mine were stapled together.

Passport office send you an email with the tracking number in it when it leaves Loverpool..
Old May 11th 2022, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

My new passport was also sent via DHL. Time from despatching old passport to when it was returned together with the new one was 21 days.Now this was in 2017 well before the world and particularly UK Gov went pear shaped
Old May 11th 2022, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

The replies are good. DHL are the delivery agents both ends. I sent LBC, but a handover is made to DHL along the way. Typhoon Odette occurred, and the courier, like some of the couriers from online shopping firms. Did not deliver it! Reason: Recipient no longer living at the address!!!!! I immediately contacted DHL, who pulled out all the stops, and I had my passport, plus the old in two separate packages. Delivered together, a few days later. DHL were first class, and kept me informed. Treating the matter with urgency, all the way.

There were delivery problems after Odette, because of no landlines, no mobile signal, no electricity. Many couriers could not be bothered to go to the Barangay Hall, for directions. I have lived here for more than two decades, at this address, which I continue to live at.
Old May 11th 2022, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all those replies. Very helpful. Good to hear it will probably be DHL not LBC and you get a tracking number when they leave Liverpool. I sent my old passport by LBC and the tracking number didn't work. But DHL takes over! Maybe that was why. My application now about 6 weeks after old passport reached Liverpool so a few more weeks to wait I think.
Old May 12th 2022, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Raffin
Thanks for all those replies. Very helpful. Good to hear it will probably be DHL not LBC and you get a tracking number when they leave Liverpool. I sent my old passport by LBC and the tracking number didn't work. But DHL takes over! Maybe that was why. My application now about 6 weeks after old passport reached Liverpool so a few more weeks to wait I think.
LBC is a total disaster and don't think twice about lying to you, I sent a package to the UK, after a week they came back and said there was no such address so thanks to google street view I sent them a picture of it, then they said that the reception did not accept courier packages a quick email to reception proved this was a lie, I then told them to deliver it to my brothers address, they did not. About a week later it was delivered by DHL. I checked LBC in Company house and found that they had declared themselves to be a water transport company which gets zero percent VAT so I passed their website and company info onto the Customs & Excise who seemed very pleased with the info.
Old May 13th 2022, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
LBC is a total disaster and don't think twice about lying to you, I sent a package to the UK, after a week they came back and said there was no such address so thanks to google street view I sent them a picture of it, then they said that the reception did not accept courier packages a quick email to reception proved this was a lie, I then told them to deliver it to my brothers address, they did not. About a week later it was delivered by DHL. I checked LBC in Company house and found that they had declared themselves to be a water transport company which gets zero percent VAT so I passed their website and company info onto the Customs & Excise who seemed very pleased with the info.
I tried to send a package to my daughter in London.
Package was clearly marked with address etc and postcode.
LBC couldnt find London ??? They said they had a London in Canada. Then the children behind the counter started singing London Bridge is falling down etc.
When they then asked me what country London is in I knew would be smarter to pay the higher fee with DHL or Fedex who processed the package without inane questions.
Old May 13th 2022, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by freebie
I tried to send a package to my daughter in London.
Package was clearly marked with address etc and postcode.
LBC couldnt find London ??? They said they had a London in Canada. Then the children behind the counter started singing London Bridge is falling down etc.
When they then asked me what country London is in I knew would be smarter to pay the higher fee with DHL or Fedex who processed the package without inane questions.
Here the DHL and LBC price is just about the same, the only advantage LBC has is that they are located in the shopping malls where as DHL in a road in the middle of town.
Old May 27th 2022, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

To my relief got my renewed passport today just over 6 weeks from when Liverpool received my documents.
Informative emails from the passport office and then DHL came over the last few days, although the DHL tracking didn't work. We'd unexpectedly moved since the application and when I informed DHL about that I got a reply which seemed to say they would deliver to the new address, though the wording was not totally clear. But a line further down the email said something about a new address having to be first submitted to the passport office. Which was concerning. Then I missed a phone call about a delivery and didn't get any response from that cell number for a couple of days.
Earlier today I contemplated having to go to one of their offices to find out about collection. But in the event DHL called from the number I had had no success with for two days and I got both new and old passports.
So DHL pretty good though their email wording not as clear as it could be.

​​​​​​

​​​​​

​​​

​​​​

Old May 27th 2022, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Raffin,
So you have a nice dark blue passport congrats
Old May 27th 2022, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Well we both applied online on the 12th May and posted the old passports the next day for next day delivery, it took a week to acknowledge receipt of mine and two weeks for the wife. TNT are delivering my new passport today so that's a 2 week turnaround.
Old May 27th 2022, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Raffin,
So you have a nice dark blue passport congrats
Mine looks black, even under close inspection, does that mean I'm special.
Old May 27th 2022, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Mine looks black, even under close inspection, does that mean I'm special.
I am now comparing it side by side with a black plastic lamp base and it is certainly a dark blue and not black.
The main special thing for me is that it doesnt say European Union.
Mine took 6 weeks yours only 2. Why?
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.