A New Marcos Era?

Old Jun 20th 2022, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New Marcos Era?

Originally Posted by Raffin
So far we know little of BBMs ideas on policy.
But his VP has some, according to an ally:

Patriotism can be learned or taught.
The key to raising reading proficiency and math skills is nutrition,

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/06/20/...a-duterte-ally
I saw this on TV this morning and thought I must have misheard, also in the interview it was mentioned about the patriotism and National Service was mentioned.

Raising educational levels has more to do with what they are being taught, I did a science module of a friend's son, the answers given in the back by the DepEd had 19 out of 37 answers wrong. The teacher opposite me actually thinks water runs up hill. So I think the old proverb of S*** in, S*** out is very true here.
Old Jun 20th 2022, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I saw this on TV this morning and thought I must have misheard, also in the interview it was mentioned about the patriotism and National Service was mentioned.

Raising educational levels has more to do with what they are being taught, I did a science module of a friend's son, the answers given in the back by the DepEd had 19 out of 37 answers wrong. The teacher opposite me actually thinks water runs up hill. So I think the old proverb of S*** in, S*** out is very true here.
I forgot to mention that by the statement The key to raising reading proficiency and math skills is nutrition, they have very quickly deflected the blame for bad education from the government to the parents who are not feeding the kids properly.
Old Jun 20th 2022, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I saw some year 11 Maths modular material earlier this year and was not impressed. All questions had answers in a section a few pages away from he questions, but oh so clever, the page was upside down! Topics were generally over explained, which tends to be the way here in most areas of life. Regarding eating breakfast I think parents have their work cut out with this phone obsessed generation as they take in mouthfulls of food while fiddling with their devices.

Is it patriotism or nationalism on the agenda here? If you search it lots of results come up claiming you can teach patriotism here, in the US and India. All countries with sizeable populations or governments now supporting nationalist policies. I think it will be counter productive and add to an already bloated school curriculum.
Old Jun 25th 2022, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

I had to laugh when I saw these two articles:

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2...lys-estate-tax

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/...-admin.html?fb

Old Jun 26th 2022, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Saw the first one on ANC News, my wife asked me what I was laughing at, The second one was on CNN showing a guy rushing around with bits of paper and scanning them. The national archives here are still only on paper and have never been digitized .
Old Jul 6th 2022, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

I saw on the TV this morning that Marcos wants to rename the NAIA airport after his father The Ferdinand E Marcos International Airport or TFEMIA for short. He must have hated his father so much to rename the worst airport in the world after him.
Old Jul 6th 2022, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

I saw on the TV this morning that Marcos wants to rename the NAIA airport after his father The Ferdinand E Marcos International Airport or TFEMIA for short. He must have hated his father so much to rename the worst airport in the world after him.
Without the The could be a sanitary pad.
Old Jul 6th 2022, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Without the The could be a sanitary pad.
Have just seen in one of the papers, it is without the "The"
Old Jul 6th 2022, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see the new administration is getting their priorities right.
Old Jul 14th 2022, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

I saw yesterday that Duterte jr is proposing that the age to buy alcohol should be raised to 21, maybe not a bad idea, but they followed that up by the worst idea on not selling alcohol to people with physical or mental disabilities but they did not say how they were going to police this - issue everyone with a card saying they are not disabled - provide a doctor at each shop that sells alcohol to give a medical before purchase can go ahead - get shop keepers to pass a medical degree so they can check their customers - get the police to follow customers home to check they did not buy it for someone with a disability. That boy must be a good handful of sandwiches short of a picnic.
Old Jul 18th 2022, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

r u sure there is no ref numbers on the ID cards for disabilities, etc
Old Jul 29th 2022, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Returning to the new President I think we can see something from one of his first tests.
The Abra quake, in the area of the country where the Marcos's have most support.
He visited yesterday:

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/07/28/...-areas-quickly

"That (water) is something that has to be restored immediately"..
How can that be when thousands of pipes and connections will be broken underground and in houses?
Ah...but did he mean start restoring..? But if he did was it necessary to say that?.
According to him not so important are communications and power. I would think communications are only slightly less important to people. And then if you have power you can boil water to purify it..
His sister announcing the expensive solar powered water purifiers but what about enabling people to chlorinate it themselves?
Then more of the obvious....the military has got to maximise its air assets as roads are damaged...

Former President Duterte would also have had to do a visit but wouldn't have given out so many pointless orders to people who well know what they are doing, just made sure he got the right media coverage,

Old Aug 3rd 2022, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

I think some of the dept heads have been the wrong choice. Today on TV the head of DepEd was talking about using tents as classrooms in disaster areas which is a good idea but then he let himself down badly by finishing up with "And we have found out that the tents can be stored away after use and used again later"
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Well Marcos has been in charge for about 3 months now including being the top man in the agricultural department and here things are not going well, sugar shortage with a price increase to P102 a kilo ( Asda sells it for 67p or P44 a kilo ), cheap rice is said to be getting harder to find, white onions are non existent, salt has nearly doubled in price, garlic and carrots are hard to find, someone must be making a fortune out of these false shortages.

Then yesterday he claimed to have had meetings with multiple world leaders Biden and Blair, how he considers Blair as a world leader I have no idea, there have been 5 PMs since he skulked off.
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add to BBM's creditability. Why his his newly elected Congressman son accompanying him on his tour. Surely he should be representing the wishes of his constituents?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.