new in danoa city cebu

Old Feb 1st 2018, 2:33 am
Just Joined

drippy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new in danoa city cebu

hi everyone
im a uk citizen married to a fillipino lady,
she /we have a house in sabang near danoa city which currently her sister lives in and looks after.
I plan to retire in about 4-6 years,
were going to use the house as a business and not live in it (its near main rd to noisy)
I have been to comotas island quite a few times
i really like it there and would prefer to live there
my wifes only concern is medical facilities on the island
and im not sure if any expats live there either and if they do which part of the island they consider best.
Ive just returned to the uk but were going back towards the end of this year
with a view maybe to buy on comotas
so any help/views/considerations would be most appreciated
thanks
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new in danoa city cebu

Sabang is not far up the road from us. It is where Mitsumi have their electronics factory. So renting out your house, should present, no problems. We pass there a few times a month. Let's say, you soon get used to the noise. Wherever you choose to live. Many times I have visited relatives houses, in Maslog and Sabang, and I didn't find it, to be unduly noisy.
The ferry crossing from the new Danao jetty, to Camotes is frequent. Any delays, and there is a twenty-four hour Jollibee beside it now.
As fate has it, we are expecting a visitor from Camotes today. A friend of our twins, who lives there. We will ask her about the hospital facilities there. Obviously they are not going to be as good as those on Cebu Island. I favour Chong Hua, and have had excellent treatment there, on many occasions.
We will be visiting Camotes, for the first time, during the school holidays.
I guess that you will be going for the 13a Visa. Bureau of Immigration, is currently situated in the "J Center" in Mandaue.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

You may find the guys at

https://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/

They have a huge archive of info and are often very helpful with loal knowledge as many like Tropicofcancer live locally
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 12:46 am
Just Joined

drippy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for the reply,
Were not far from mitsumi I have walked down there for some fruit before now to stretch my legs.
Not sure about renting the house out my wife idea is running a business from the house, only ideas as of the moment.
She used to have a store in carmen years ago when she lived in the phillipines,
so no worry's on the front it would probably work out but I would rather we just relaxed on camotes island.
When you visit the island we found santiago bay nice and free and you must also visit lake danoa and get a pedalo out really lovely.
I know where the hospital is in Danoa not sure if thats the one you mean, near jollibee.
As for the visa I initially think I will use the balikbayan privilege for maybe the first year or so.
thanks again