NCR llockdown

Old Apr 6th 2020, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCR llockdown

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/04/06/...ity-quarantine

At last, a Mayor with a sensible policy on local transport. Let's see if she provides cover for others who may have been scared of repercussions to follow.

Old Apr 7th 2020, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Well she has the advantage of being in the Duterte family!
Old Apr 7th 2020, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

A good thing to do. And at the next Presidential Election it will help to distance her from her father and his bloc in case the COVID-19 fight doesn't go well here.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Will need to go to the main town 25km away some time in the next ten days or so to top up the beer tokens and buy a few essentials. So off to the barangay hall to find out what I need to do to get there & back. No problem, they will fix everything ( for no fee ), travel pass, quarantine pass, medical cert etc. all I need to do is go in and sign the papers. All well and good for me but how many infected people have managed to get the same paperwork the same way and are now traveling back and forth.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Here we got our first food relief aid last Tuesday, it was 5kg rice .....
I know this virus is a different beast but to put things in perspective, last year the Philippines had over 400,000 people infected with Dengue Fever and over 1,500 died and not much effort was put into preventing that, most likely because it is a problem of the poor and not the rich.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...063104068.html

Over 70 TB deaths a day here according to WHO Philippines....one of the worst rates in the world. And this COVID-19 outbreak will badly affect treatment.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Will need to go to the main town 25km away some time in the next ten days or so to top up the beer tokens and buy a few essentials. So off to the barangay hall to find out what I need to do to get there & back. No problem, they will fix everything ( for no fee ), travel pass, quarantine pass, medical cert etc. all I need to do is go in and sign the papers. All well and good for me but how many infected people have managed to get the same paperwork the same way and are now traveling back and forth.
They don't do the word "pre-empt",hence they will not care or think much about it until it is at their door..Then when it is through their door,in their homes and ravaging them,they will keep telling themselves every day that tomorrow it will be gone.....and then,when it is finally gone,after it has killed tens of thousands of people,they will say that "God is Good" and Covid-19 happened for a reason.

They will always "Find A Way" to get through it all.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jaygee68
They don't do the word "pre-empt",hence they will not care or think much about it until it is at their door..Then when it is through their door,in their homes and ravaging them,they will keep telling themselves every day that tomorrow it will be gone.....and then,when it is finally gone,after it has killed tens of thousands of people,they will say that "God is Good" and Covid-19 happened for a reason.

They will always "Find A Way" to get through it all.
The lockdown is a very blunt instrument and it's restricted or stranded even many people who want to travel for good reasons not falling under employment, business travel. We are a case in point with a property we really need to visit outside Manila. However, I can understand the advantage of not having too many exceptions to make life easier for those manning the busy checkpoints and not to encourage unnecessary social travel by others. But I think in many provincial locations, where knowledge of local people is greater, Barangay offices less busy, trips could be allowed at no risk to further virus spread after careful assessment of the circumstances.

I think it's especially important to allow some flexibility so as to maintain public support if, as seems likely, these lockdowns, in whatever form, are going to continue for many more weeks.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Longest line I have seen so far at Palawan this morning. A 2-3 hour wait if you're not a Senior. About a week ago it was reported that only about 10% of government cash aid to poor families had been given out..
Old Apr 13th 2020, 9:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it matter if your a senior citizen,i think its a disgrace infact its discrimination,what idiot made this rule up,ime not happy about it infact ime furious.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

"Does it matter if your a senior citizen,i think its a disgrace infact its discrimination,what idiot made this rule up,ime not happy about it infact ime furious."
Boo Hoo.
You must be very young as your spelling is
atrocious
Old Apr 13th 2020, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Frank2
On an earlier post you thanked me for my help.
Take care and be careful.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 10:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry i apologise,thanks for your help in the past.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Frank2
Does it matter if your a senior citizen,i think its a disgrace infact its discrimination,what idiot made this rule up,ime not happy about it infact ime furious.
In society here there's more respect for Seniors than in the UK and it starts at 60. So there are moire privileges and discounts. Helped by the fact that Seniors make up a much smaller percentage of the population. I often don't avail of these, but won't turn down avoiding the long waits one has to face here now.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 11:28 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frank2
Older people are far more likely to die if they get this virus, limiting the amount of time they need to spend in queues makes perfect sense. It's also not too much to ask that younger people show some courtesy and compassion to seniors who are less able to stand for hours.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/04/14/...-19-case-surge

Interesting modelling of the provincial outlook, the majority of them in North and Central Luzon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.