NCR llockdown

Old Sep 17th 2022, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCR llockdown

Yesterday up to 2,619 new cases. Latest test number for 15th down a little to about 20.8k.
Active 26,363, up 1,520.
New recoveries 1.1k, lowest last 2 weeks

Location detail

NCR 1,251 and 48% of all cases. Of those 789 in the top 6 of its cities.. QC 268 its highest so far this month. Manila 198. the same, Taguig 111, the same Caloocan 81, the same, Pasig 71, Paranaque 60.

So not surprising the latest OCTA NCR report says:

Weekly Positivity up from 12. 7 to 14.5%.
R value up from 1.03 to 1.14
ICU use up from 24 to 33%

The DOH now reclassify the NCR as "Medium Risk".

CL up to 267...Bulacan 135.
highest this month. Bataan 15, Pampanga 81.
4A up to 388...Rizal leading with 139. Cavite 125, Laguna 81, Batangas 30.

These 3 regions up to 73% of all cases.

Elsewhere

CAR 46...Baguio City 21
Ilocos 66
Cagayan 44
Bicol up to 50

The Visayas regions up to 198.
WV 87, CV 58
Cebu City 21
Other main cities with low two digit numbers.

In Mindanao 299 cases.
Davao region 96, SOCCSK up to 86.
Davao City 23. Its other main cities with at most low two digit numbers.

​​​​​​

Old Sep 17th 2022, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday saw a few hundred fewer cases at 2,275 Latest testing down a little to about 19.5k.

​​Active 26,271, down 92 cases.

Location detail

NCR down a little to 1.199. A much higher 53% of all cases. Its 6 biggest cities with 35 fewer cases
at 754.... .QC again at 289, Manila lower by 21 to 177, Pasig 89, Caloocan 73, Taguig 67, Paranaque 59.

CL down by about 90 to 178...Bulacan 101
4A down 27 to 361...Cavite up slightly to 130, Rizal still high at 114. Laguna 51, Batangas 45.

Elsewhere

CAR 33
Ilocos 53
Cagaysn 36
Bicol 27

In the Visayas regions cases down 75 to 123.
WV 60, CV 43.
Main cities all with very low numbers.

Mindanao cases were also down. But by less. 46, to 253.
The Davao region notable with a rise of 16 to 112.
Davao City with its highest report this week.... 46.
All its other main cities in low double or even single figures.

The latest Dr John video looks at firm US data on Long Covid. A lot worse than UK data showing.
Seems to me likely due to its high number of people not getting or able to get proper treatment there for covid and, most importantly, for its comorbidities. Here getting proper medical attention also a problem for many so I am sure there are also many Long Covid cases here. But seemingly no data collection on it.

Weekly report later.
Old Sep 18th 2022, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yesterday nearly 100 more cases to 2,367. Latest testing down a little. Can only get samples figure for now. At 17. 5k.
Active 26,401, up 130

Location detail

NCR down 140 to 1,080. Its biggest cities with 646 cases, a lower than usual 60%. QC 221, Manila 135, Taguig 122, Pasig 93.

CL down to 169...Bulacan 78, Pampanga 35.
4A also down... to 382...Cavite 146, Rizal 114, Laguna 60.

These 3 regions up to 69% of all cases.

CAR 32
Ilocos 56
Cagayan 41
Bicol up a lot to 70

Visayas cases down to 218.
Mindanao cases down to 308

All main cities in VisMin with at most low 2 digit totals.

Weekly report

National cases down by 6% (-3%)
NCR cases up 18% (+4%)

Due to a continuing WiFi "maintenance" I lost data for one day last week for locations other than the NCR as a whole.
The day lost had the lowest total for the week.

Anyway, making allowance:

CL with a 19% fall over 6 days (-18)
4A a 23% fall over 6 days (+6)

The Visayas region with a 39% 6 day fall (-9)
Mindanao a 9% fall (-30)
Both on 6 days data.

So we can say that the NCR is certainly seeing a sustained rise in cases.
Making allowance for missing data it seems that CL is continuing to have fewer cases but at a lower rate. 4A slightly different in moving to falling cases.
The Visayas region has an increasing rate of case fall but in Mindanao the rate of case fall has lessened.

Old Sep 19th 2022, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting on for 800 more cases announced yesterday at 3,119. Unusual for a Monday. And the latest test number is over 4k down to 13.2k samples.
Active 27,686, up 1,285

Location detail

NCR up nearly 300 to 1,374. and 44% of all cases. Its 6 biggest cities with a higher 64% of them. QC up 93 to 314, Manila to 170, Pasig 124, Taguig down a litlle to 114, Paranaque up to 88, Caloocan 72.

CL nearly doubled to 320..Bulacan 121 cases.
4A added nearly 200 to 567...Cavite up to 203, Rizal nearly 50 to 161, Laguna 95, Batangas 87.

These 3 regions with a higher 73% of all cases.

Elsewhere

CAR 35
Ilocos 57
Cagayan 28
Bicol 76

In the Visayas total cases down 10 to 208.
WV 96, CV 89
Main cities at most low 2 digits.

For Mindanao regions a rise of 82 to 390 cases.
Davao region up to 146., SOCCSK up by 49 to 115.
Main cities at most low 2 digits also.

Looks like the second Omicron case rise is continuing in the NCR. Latest Positivity there up to 15.6%.
Some sign of it around the adjacent provinces, but not yet further away in Luzon. Visayan areas seem to be still seeing first wave cases falling rapidly while in Mindanao these are also falling, but less lately.
So at present the NCR and its adjacent provinces somewhat disconnected from the rest of the country in terms of covid infection spread.

Dr John taking another look at Excess Deaths around Europe in his latest video. Also a worldwide feature. All age groups generally. Due to being warned by You tube he has to dance around what role, if any, vaccination has iin explaining these. But a lack of relevant and reliable data means analysts must rely on correlation techniques to look at this possible cause. Statistical analysis of this type can make a strong case for causation but general acceptance of its results will be difficult to gain. But I am expecting many Freedom of Information requests, where this is available around the world. So slowly a clearer picture will emerge of vaccination's role in these unexpected deaths.
Old Sep 20th 2022, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin View Post
Getting on for 800 more cases announced yesterday at 3,119. Unusual for a Monday. And the latest test number is over 4k down to 13.2k samples.
Active 27,686, up 1,285

Location detail

NCR up nearly 300 to 1,374. and 44% of all cases. Its 6 biggest cities with a higher 64% of them. QC up 93 to 314, Manila to 170, Pasig 124, Taguig down a litlle to 114, Paranaque up to 88, Caloocan 72.

CL nearly doubled to 320..Bulacan 121 cases.
4A added nearly 200 to 567...Cavite up to 203, Rizal nearly 50 to 161, Laguna 95, Batangas 87.

These 3 regions with a higher 73% of all cases.

Elsewhere

CAR 35
Ilocos 57
Cagayan 28
Bicol 76

In the Visayas total cases down 10 to 208.
WV 96, CV 89
Main cities at most low 2 digits.

For Mindanao regions a rise of 82 to 390 cases.
Davao region up to 146., SOCCSK up by 49 to 115.
Main cities at most low 2 digits also.

Looks like the second Omicron case rise is continuing in the NCR. Latest Positivity there up to 15.6%.
Some sign of it around the adjacent provinces, but not yet further away in Luzon. Visayan areas seem to be still seeing first wave cases falling rapidly while in Mindanao these are also falling, but less lately.
So at present the NCR and its adjacent provinces somewhat disconnected from the rest of the country in terms of covid infection spread.

Dr John taking another look at Excess Deaths around Europe in his latest video. Also a worldwide feature. All age groups generally. Due to being warned by You tube he has to dance around what role, if any, vaccination has iin explaining these. But a lack of relevant and reliable data means analysts must rely on correlation techniques to look at this possible cause. Statistical analysis of this type can make a strong case for causation but general acceptance of its results will be difficult to gain. But I am expecting many Freedom of Information requests, where this is available around the world. So slowly a clearer picture will emerge of vaccination's role in these unexpected deaths.
I guess as long as vaccine deaths are on!y a fraction of the covid deaths the vaccine still wins, Only time will tell.
Old Sep 20th 2022, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d View Post
I guess as long as vaccine deaths are on!y a fraction of the covid deaths the vaccine still wins, Only time will tell.
Yes G that will be their argument even if the vaccinations are eventually shown to have caused much more death and illness than is admitted to now. Gives them a big problem though when the next pandemic comes along if they have to again rush the development of new vaccines. People will be much more wary of safety claims and could be much more hesitant.
Old Sep 20th 2022, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Raffin,

As the acknowledged font of knowledge on all things COVID on this group, do you think we are seeing the drying embers of the pandemic or could it combust again in full fury with another variant?

I would have thought that with vaccinations now the norm and herd immunity I would hope that the end is near. But I have been hoping that in past prior to new variants causing new spikes.

May I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for the sterling work you have put in over the past two years or so, to bring us accurate and informative daily information. Maybe you thought as I did, it will be all over in a few months or so which makes your efforts even more herculean. Thank you.
Old Sep 20th 2022, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

It's all about immune escape, there's no such thing as herd immunity in such cases. Covid does seem to be waning in severity so perhaps it with become like the common cold, no more than an annoyance.
Old Sep 20th 2022, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 View Post
Raffin,

As the acknowledged font of knowledge on all things COVID on this group, do you think we are seeing the drying embers of the pandemic or could it combust again in full fury with another variant?

I would have thought that with vaccinations now the norm and herd immunity I would hope that the end is near. But I have been hoping that in past prior to new variants causing new spikes.

May I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for the sterling work you have put in over the past two years or so, to bring us accurate and informative daily information. Maybe you thought as I did, it will be all over in a few months or so which makes your efforts even more herculean. Thank you.
You're right P11, if you look at my first post I said something to the effect that the most it could last was 2 or 3 months!

Thank you for those kind words. It's become a daily habit to collect and comment on the data and I will miss it when we do actually get to an influenza like virus.

Campbell's latest video is about the end or 'endemicity" of the virus. Some experts are agreeing and also top politicians like Biden, advised by their experts, are also calling it. Reasoning from the fact that no new variant has shown up for nearly a year. Then there is the evidence in Campbell's latest video that the later Omicron sub variants are no worse in terms of illness than the earlier ones. So looks like there would need to be some radically different variant with even higher transmissibility coupled with much greater immune escape to recharge the virus. Seems unlikely though not impossible to most of the experts.
I think we should accept the majority is right there.

Anyway, taking a parochial view I think we can say that the Philippines has had quite an easy time of it. Young population, good adherence to protocols. Unfortunately not a good record on de
aths. both covid and non covid

And those in charge very slow to change and adopted an over militaristic approach. The public suffering from in my view, an unnecessarily harsh initial lockdown, plastic face shields, over masking until recently in public and in schools.. which are one of the last in the world to restart face to face
education properly. So I think more damage from measures than directly from the virus.

So technically here it is still a pandemic but a very mild one. In Europe the Pandemic not so mild and ONS UK data is showing much worse illness than influenza. Plans are being made to treat covid as Influenza and tweaking vaccines yearly. but cautiously as its next evolution may negate their work.

Some other countries are having it later and on a much larger scale. So a mixed picture, which is why most experts are leaving a slight possibility open to a new variant able to be generated in those areas in the world.

Last edited by Raffin; Sep 20th 2022 at 1:11 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2022, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nearly half Monday's total.....at 1,600 cases. Latest testi figures for Monday up 6k to 19.3k, though these are samples, individual numbers are not reported on the phone site version I have to use at present. They would probably be 500 to 1k less.
Active 27,257, down 424

Location detail

NCR down by over 600 to 743 and up to 46% of all cases. The largest cities with 467 of them.. QC 172, Manila 109, Caloocan 68, Pasig 50.

Regions CL and 4A both with about half the previous day's cases at 162 and 281.
Bulacan 82, Pampanga 35, Bataan 28.
Rizal 99, Cavite 97, Laguna 52.

These 3 regions with a slightly higher 74% of all cases.

Visayas cases down by 66 to 142.
Bacolod City 27, Cebu City 12

Mindanao cases down by nearly 250 to 147.
The Davao region total down by 100 and SOCCSK's by 85 to 46 and 30. These regions have in the past shown large day to day variations. like this.
Davao City 15.

Restricted to using a phone for now so I cannot put up many other things of interest.

But concerning Omicron sub variants Dr John in his latest video does a thorough review of their prevalence in the UK.. and in the US where both BA 4.6 and BA 2.75 have been making inroads against the dominant BA5. Though the former is at a lower 3% in the UK. But it may not matter as NHS research has shown that illness severity with both BA4 and 5 is roughly the same as with the earlier dominant subvariant BA2.
Another You tube video worth watching is the latest Medcram one on Bivalent boosters. New vaccines targeting equally the original Wuhan strain and later Omicron subvariants.
Though whether these new and expensive vaccines will be useful here seems doubtful as the presenter expert says the original Wuhan strain based vaccine is still giving good protection generally against serious illness and death. Though protection against catching and transmitting is well down. The talk about waning protection is mostly based on fewer antibodies, but he makes the point that our immune system does not only rely on antibodies for protection. Other parts of the system eg B cells and T cells give long term protection. Though in older age groups these do wane as well, so boosters and these more specialised Bivalent boosters are more useful for people in those age groups.
Given the cost and that we here have a relatively low share of people in the upper age groups I don't think we will see these rolled out. Especially also as 3rd boosters have been difficult to get people to have. They certainly don't help you much to not catch the virus and that is wrongly stated by the DOH in their reasons for taking a booster. Also by the time that program is finished with here these new Bivalent boosters may well be out of date anyway

​​​​​​

Last edited by Raffin; Sep 21st 2022 at 1:00 am.
Old Sep 21st 2022, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yesterday 286 more cases at 1,886. Latest testing at 19.1k...now able to report individuals again.
Active 27,284, up 27

Location detail

NCR up at 931 and to 49% of all cases.Its 6 biggest cities with 571 cases...QC 231, Manila 129, Caloocan quite consistent lately at 72, Pasig 62.

CL up 19 to 181.....Bulacan 58, Bataan 16, Pampanga 23.
4A up 72 to 353......Cavite 123, Rizal with continuing high reports at 111, Laguna 77, Batangas 34

These 3 regions up to 78% of all cases.

Elsewhere:

CAR 27
Ilocos 29
Cagayan 12
Bicol 38

Visayas numbers up only slightly to 146.
Cebu City 10. All its other main cities with very low numbers.

Mindanao up by 16 to 163.
Davao City 25.....all other main cities with single digit reports.

Now back to a desktop so here are the latest DOH charts.
Cases by date of onset:

Covid infections are probably an unknown number of times greater than reports. No ZOE App here. Or regular ONS sampling. As in the UK, Low testing. However we can be confident that this BA.4/5 wave is a lot smaller than the initial Omicron wave earlier this year. However signs of an uptick in Manila open the possibility of another wave if that is repeated in other areas of the country.

We can have even less confidence in DOH death data than in their case data. Notice the backlog of deaths earlier this year shown by the bars above the trend line.
A big difference between the peaks and a surprising one given that they are both in Omicron times. Unless the peak earlier this year was mainly deaths due to Delta.

Asian countries covid totals and their latest new case numbers, in descending order.

Taiwan is in the worst position with cases and deaths are both rising.

In South Korea, Japan, Singapore, and Thailand both cases and deaths are falling.

In Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia cases are falling and deaths are at a low constant level.

In HK cases are falling but deaths are rising.

Old Sep 22nd 2022, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yesterday over 800 more cases to report 2,702. Latest individual test numbers for the 21st up a little to 19.3k. The 21st was a day of heavy Monsoon rains over the NCR and around so probably test volume could have been be higher. Results reported by 336 out of 362 labs.
Active 28,030, up 746

Location detail

NCR up to 1,315 and maintaining 49% of all cases. In its 6 biggest cities 827 (63%) of the total.....QC 289, Manila 164, Pasig 129, Caloocan 93, Taguig 81, Paranaque 71

CL up 30 to 211...Bulacan 114, Pampanga 37
4A up 122 to 475....Cavite 149, Rizal 147, Laguna 86, Batangas 72
Rizal continues to report high numbers.

Elsewhere:

CAR 29
Ilocos 51
Cagayan 37
Bicol 41

Visayas total up 50 to 196.
Its main cities all in low double figures.

Mindanao doubled its total mainly due to the Davao region reporting 136.
But Davao City had only 38 and its other main cities had lower double figures at most.

Philippine 2022 vital statistics:

Data collection is so slow here so that over 50k more deaths were added to the January to May total by the PSA in the 2.5 months since their latest update. Now at about 208k. In comparison the 2021 total was about 504k.
Their Cause of Death report perhaps significantly shows deaths form Heart Disease, Vascular causes and Hypertension all with a higher share so far compared to 2021. The same for deaths due to cancer. Deaths so far this year due to covid 19 have fallen from 5th to 7th position. Covid suspected deaths fell from 9th to 17th position.
Data presented by SS in a newsletter delivered on Sep 16:

https://supersally.substack.com/

October Booster target of 23M with no chance of being met. Being now at only 2.7M. So the DOH have lowered it by a whopping 70%:

Report from Daily Tribune

The Government is trying to encourage schoolkids to get boostered but at the same time saying that it is not mandatory.
However if you look through this Dep Ed Memo the pressure is on:

https://www.deped.gov.ph/wp-content/...m_medium=email

Data on the effect of boosters is clear on the benefits to those in older age groups, with comorbidities etc in protecting against serious illness and deaths from covid.

But not so clear generally:

US CDC data presented in a recent Dr John video.

Old Sep 23rd 2022, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fewer cases yesterday, over 300, at 2,378. Yet about 2k less tests on the 22nd at 17.4k. As I said yesterday Monsoon rains over the NCR and surrounding areas may have had something to do with that fall.
Active 30,056, up 2,026

Location detail

NCR 1,026 cases and a lower 43% of all cases. Those in its 6 biggest cities down to 626, but maintaining 63% of its cases. QC 238, Manila 118, Pasig 82, Paranaque, Caloocan and Taguig all in the 60s.

CL up 96 to 307.....Bulacan 98, Pampanga 39. Bataan 12.
I need to get some other CL locations!

4A down 33 to 442....Rizal up to 159, Cavite down to 122, Laguna 100.

These 3 regions up slightly to 75% of all cases.

Visayas regions down 23 to 173.
Low two digit numbers at most in all its main cities.

Mindanao down 87 to 234.
Again, low two digit numbers at most in its main cities.

We can see a new covid wave starting in the NCR here and Dr J Campbell has posted his latest video on the evidence of one in the UK:

ZOE app latest data showing a recent upturn in covid UK infections. 1.8M estimated England infections. With an estimated R at 1.1 it is likely to continue. Supporting NHS data showing a 17% hospital admissions increase over the week for covid.

Latest BA.5 symptoms from ZOE. Likely to apply as BA.5 also dominant here.

Top 5. Cough with phlegm lower at 47%. Fever well down at only 12%

Note on comparing the UK with Philippines covid:

Daily UK case numbers are no longer published by the government. But ZOE estimates them at about 150k a day.
Official daily numbers here, in the low thousands currently, are certainly greatly under reported. But anywhere near the order of x50? I don't think so.
Campbell also showed a ZOE chart showing comparing covid with cold viruses. The latter now about 2 or 3 times covid.....not the parity being shown a few months ago.
So if you get cold symptoms here it's definitely nowhere near a 50:50 chance of it being covid.

Davao City leader caves in on public masks:

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/22/...masks-outdoors

Old Sep 24th 2022, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

New cases yesterday up by over 300 to 2,691. Latest testing up a little to 18k individuals on the 23rd.
Active: 32,323, up 2,267

NCR also up by over 300 to 1,354 and a much higher 50% of all cases. Its 6 biggest cities had 850 of them..........QC 340, Manila 160, Taguig 100, Caloocan 89, Pasig 87, Paranaque 74.

CL down by over 60 to 244...Bulacan 144, Pampanga 44
4A up by 101 to 543.......Cavite 194, Rizal 165, Laguna 108, Batangas 58.

These 3 regions with an unusually high 80% of all cases.

Elsewhere:

CAR 37
Ilocos 47
Cagayan 13
Bicol 57

Visayas up slightly to 189.
All main cities with small two digit reports...Bacolod 4, Cebu 27, IloIlo 14, Tacloban 2.

Mindanao with a few more cases at 244.
Davao region 106.
Davao City 48, highest this week.
Other main cities: CDO 6, GenSan 7, Iligan 0, Zamboanga 12.

Weekly report later.

Old Sep 25th 2022, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Weekly report

Case increases, which started in the NCR, spreading to all other areas of the country.

Nationally 16,743 (14,586) cases and a 15% weekly increase (-6%).

NCR 7,823 (6,638) an 18% increase (+18%)

For other locations one day's case number could not be recorded in the previous week:

The CL region had an increase of 38% .so even allowing for the missing data a change to a fairly large increase from a weekly decrease previously
4A region a 49% increase, again, allowing for the missing data, a large weekly increase from a weekly decrease previously.

For the Visayas a 26% increase. So a likely moderately large reversal from the previous week, when allowing for the missing data.
Likewise in Mindanao an increase, but a lower one , at 16%, so likely a small reversal from the previous week, when allowing for the missing data.

We await hospital data next week to see if there are any signs of these case increases leading to increased admissions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.