NCR llockdown

Old Jul 4th 2020, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCR llockdown

Originally Posted by Raffin
According to this article only about 12% of Traditional Jeepneys have now returned to ply sometimes shortened routes in Metro Manila, at greatly reduced capacity. Subject to lots of requirements, some sensible but others probably not, including record keeping of passengers, and record keeping by passengers. Wouldn't be surprised that unless some of the more onerous requirements aren't dropped many won't want to come back. Especially as they will struggle to make a living long term.

The two Jeeps we can see from our house are still laid up. And very few to be seen on the main throughfares in our part of Paranaque.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/26543...ey-july-3-2020
The jeepneys were out and about in force in Olongapo today, and not a lot of social distancing going on.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...075915105.html

Hopefully a one off as an important part of the plan for Metro Manila is to concentrate looking for the virus in parts of some of the 300 plus most densely populated barangays.

Otherwise cases are more widely spread and not so easy to mass test and contact trace. If that is the case there seems to be no government appetite for reimposing a general lockdown so they are resigned to cases continuing to increase over the next few weeks, and are probably planning now to provide more COVID hospital beds. Then hope more testing/tracing can finally get the curve to plateau.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

If you need an alternative to watching rolling news, films and old sitcoms you can rely on Meralco to keep you occupied. Got a new bill yesterday which offers a new installment plan for March to May, different from the one they sent a few weeks ago. That was based on four installments whereas the new one is six. Up to November. Fine...but the unpaid amount now includes just one past unpaid bill and not two. Good that the one unpaid bill is now corrected to reflect a past payment, but I wonder what happened to the other unpaid amount? The bill for that date was originally for 0.00 but came up in the first instalment plan at over 5k. I assumed it was an estimate. So maybe they have now scrapped that? Plus, maybe they allowed for my payment of the first instalment of the first plan? But that was less. All that Meralco say on the new plan bill is that there may be some centavos rounding errors!

I generally pride myself as being able to understand this sort of thing, but as what they are asking seems reasonable I won't bother and will just go with Plan B...rather than risk spending hours in one of their business centres. No wonder people are confused.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Does common sense prevail? I think not. From what you have written Meralco seems to be creating more confusion. I'm not sure if I'm the exception as I paid the two estimated bills for April and May and had a pleasant surprise in June when the actual consumption bill came to half of what I anticipated. I undertake all of my financial transactions online it saves unnecessary aggravation. A Swiss neighbour had quite a shock when his June bill arrived as he failed to pay the two estimated bills. My next bill arrives in two days so watch this space.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Does common sense prevail? I think not. From what you have written Meralco seems to be creating more confusion. I'm not sure if I'm the exception as I paid the two estimated bills for April and May and had a pleasant surprise in June when the actual consumption bill came to half of what I anticipated. I undertake all of my financial transactions online it saves unnecessary aggravation. A Swiss neighbour had quite a shock when his June bill arrived as he failed to pay the two estimated bills. My next bill arrives in two days so watch this space.
I thought our power supplier was a disaster zone with just of the few basic problems - power supply and billing. We normally get the bill on about the 12/13th of the month to be paid by the 16th. A while ago bill arrived as normal followed by a letter on the 14th to say that they were cutting me off due to unpaid bill, as did quite a few others in our road. So down to their office and after telling the manager to "Sit up straight and listen" quite loudly all was sorted out. He first tried to say it was computer error until I showed him the hand written letter. I always keep about 6 months worth of receipts just incase.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

We are up to date with our bills, they kept taking the monthly readings but didn't deliver the bills, I assume they stood a greater chance of catching covid by jamming the bill in the gate than reading the meter on the gate post. Anyway what they neglected to tell everyone was that the bills were at the office and you could go along and pay. Of course all the neighbours preferred the free months.🤔
Old Jul 8th 2020, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

It's good some of you have local, offices. There are many ways and places to pay your Meralco bill, but if you have a problem you need to go to a Business Centre. Paranaque's is not centrally situated. In a low rent area, on a busy, narrow main road, difficult to park.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Record high national case totals reported again yesterday by the DOH. They also put out a report on changes over the last month, which gives a better picture of the trend:

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...ses-doh/story/

Although some of the larger percentage increases are on small numbers exponential ,growth can quickly bring much large numbers, if not checked.
Re the NCR the areas and cities where there has been a big increase are all places where many people live closely packed...residential areas most Expats and better off locals usually just see the entrance gate of as they drive by on the main road. But you get an idea when you see a sign board with many subdivisions listed with names like "Morning Breeze".
From what I have seen of such places around the NCR appropriate social distancing can often be very difficult.

Notable that the Health Secretary is always accusing people in those places of not wearing masks....but without giving evidence.

In the downward trend list the inclusion of cities like Manila and Makati is probably due to the quality of local leadership and their resources. Navotas was under special measures. Las Pinas interesting as it also has many densely populated areas, like neighbouring Paranaque, the city with the largest rise.

Getting to a moderated quarantine here many weeks away.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

WiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really nice

I just wanted to say thanks to all you guys for posting on life in the RP during the Covid-19 crisis. Although it's been a couple years since I've live there, it still doesn't take much imagination to picture myself still living back in the Philippines during this virus time frame. I think I would have developed some serious health concern from all the "head shaking and eye rolling" I'd be doing while following "This is how we do things in the Philippines".
During my 4 plus years in the RP, I was "semi-Single" and had very little time/money invested in the country. I always had a emergency Bug-out Bag, and kept my moto topped up just in case I had to make a run for the airport during some type of natural or man made emergency. Hind sight is 20-20...but I think would have been on a plane back to the motherland prior to the the virus crossing the RP borders. I realize that my life is most likely different than yours...but if you had a chance to re-do it again...would you still decide to ride it out in the Philippines ???
FYI...I stayed here in Penang (MY) based on my belief that I would be better off here, than jumping on a plane and then facing an all new virus out break on the other side of the world staying in a hotel, or with friends or family (didn't want to be a burden). .
Best of luck gents... keep your heads down, and stay healthy.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WiredTight
I just wanted to say thanks to all you guys for posting on life in the RP during the Covid-19 crisis....I think I would have developed some serious health concern from all the "head shaking and eye rolling" I'd be doing while following "This is how we do things in the Philippines".
.... Hind sight is 20-20...but I think would have been on a plane back to the motherland prior to the the virus crossing the RP borders. I realize that my life is most likely different than yours...but if you had a chance to re-do it again...would you still decide to ride it out in the Philippines ???.........
Thanks WiredTight. The militaristic nature of the lockdown has been a bit irritating and has led to the health side of the anti virus campaign being overseen by generals. The Philippines was always a 3rd world country but I think it was a surprise to nearly every Expat that it elected a right wing Populist government, and that they are still getting high approval ratings after 4 years in power. Although the performance against the virus compares well with the US and Brazil. But this is concerning:

https://www.rappler.com/nation/26607...irus-july-2020

That is the major private hospital in Cavite. Before the virus it was very busy. Now only 6 patients a day per clinic...for a while at least. Travel to Manila is difficult, so more will want to go there. Anyway some weeks ago a medium sized hospital in Paranaque with about 50 doctors on the reception board had just one attending on the two days I attended.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

https://www.rappler.com/nation/26608...virus-pandemic

This reminds me of the BBC's Dragons Den, when sometimes the contestant is told their product solves a non-existent problem.
I suggest a small improvement......copy of marriage cert to be always displayed on the plastic shield!
Of course couples should always take care they don't spread the virus to each other......so how about recommending that all double beds have to be fitted with a plastic shield down the middle?

Seriously though this country has one of the worst virus outbreaks in SE Asia. Low deaths can be bragged about, but it's a young population and some survivors will suffer lasting effects from complications.,Hospitals filling up to dangerous levels with COVID patients, high unemployment, families existing on insufficient dole outs. And this has been the subject of hours of meetings.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say what pathetic, impractical and totally useless solution. I wonder what official has an interest in the manufacturing, distribution and sale of inappropiate anti COVID-19 devices.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I showed this motorbike barrier system to her-in-doors who initially could not see a problem until I explained that she would be hanging onto a plastic sheet ( as I would be using both hands to steer ) and not onto me so when a gust of wind or truck went past and she was blown off the bike could she please scream loudly so I knew which side of the road she had landed on. Then the penny dropped.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

The IloIlo design has a handlebar..

https://www.rappler.com/nation/26306...st-coronavirus

Regarding the stability of the back passenger wouldn't it be better to have a detachable frame with plastic divider which straps on to the driver's back allowing the back passenger to hold onto the driver as usual?
But I am afraid even this contact between people who are already touching each other indoors and outside would not be acceptable to the rigid thinkers in charge of the rules.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

How can anyone make a series comment about this example of rank stupidity. At least it won't be criticised on ABS-CBN News !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.