NCR llockdown

Old Mar 26th 2020, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCR llockdown

Have got my Barangay quarantine pass today while walking to the market, I asked the issuers what I was allowed to and not allowed to do. Blank looks all round. Neither the local Mayor, Municipal hall nor Barangay hall have issued any do's and do not regs/instructions. Wife has found on facebook requirements from a policeman's wife who works for the health center. Absolute chaos.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Have got my Barangay quarantine pass today while walking to the market, I asked the issuers what I was allowed to and not allowed to do. Blank looks all round. Neither the local Mayor, Municipal hall nor Barangay hall have issued any do's and do not regs/instructions. Wife has found on facebook requirements from a policeman's wife who works for the health center. Absolute chaos.
Just the Opposite here. Home Quarantine Pass comes with three page, 16 paragraph "advisory".

Pass can have an alternate name, but only one can use it on trips. Think that is making shopping unnecessarily difficult and will be counter productive in that it will result in more trips to handle the quantity and ensure the right products purchased. I would guess the great majority of household drivers are male, but it's the females who mainly choose what to buy.

Also it says that "capable" Senior Citizens can be named on the pass!
Old Mar 27th 2020, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to go into town the other morning and stopped by the police..."Quarantine Pass sir" Said I didnt have one. Ok....go to the Barangay Capt and get one. Off I trots to see the Brgy Capt. "May I have a quarantine pass please". Knows nothing about it. Told to try the medical centre. Off I go again....Gets to medical centre. "quarantine pass please" Look of puzzlement on their faces. Rings boss. She then asks how long I have been in Phils. 5 years I reply proudly. "No sir...you cannot have" She tells me that I can only get one if I have entered Phils since Covoid 19 started. I didnt see the logic in that and after a discussion I hand the phone back to the nurse. Another discussion. "Yes sir, we will give you a pass". Thank you I said....have a nice day.

I think my pass is for alternate days. I bypass that by going to the other side of the road to the police check. Never stopped. I also understand that senior citizens are not allowed in town....So far so good. I keep my face well covered with my mask and walk with a gait of a new born lamb...

Regards
Old Mar 28th 2020, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

A tale of three Paranaque supermarkets I visited this morning... First, at 9.30 am ,drove to an All Day. Lined up, outside and inside, for over an hour. Finally got my basket to find there was no bread at all, and some other big gaps. A bit like going to an attraction in places like London or LA. Even a mini lecture. Two temperature checks. Maybe because of the length of time between the first check on entering from outside and the second on getting into the supermarket COVID-19 symptoms could develop! On leaving after 2 hours and getting just a few items I was thinking that All Day was a rather apt name!

But it was nothing compared with the Paranaque Waltermart. It's on the third floor of a small mall and the line of people waiting at midday snaked around all three levels and continued out into the ground floor covered car park. Looked at least 500 people. Lining up time must be at least 4 hours from the end. Normally it's not very busy, even on a Saturday. Much worse than the SM Sucat Hypermarket, which I visited earlier in the week. I didn't join the line.

Can only guess that many smaller shops can't get supplies now.

Finally got a good load of shopping at a small Puregold. Would have had to wait outside there in a line of 20 people in the hot sun..though maybe for only about 30 mins, Thankfully was prioritized as a Senior and went straight in. To my relief they had bread, sardines and hotdogs..., though they had none of those items on the shelves last Wednesday.

Conclusions..get out early and just be aware that the availability of some basic food items on any particular day cannot be guaranteed.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly in Marikina Seniors are not permitted in most supermarkets. So my asawa who is a front line health professional has to undertake the shopping. Her practice is to start queuing 20 minutes before opening (08.00) and is usually back indoors by 08.30. No hot sun at that time in the morning. So as that old saying goes 'The early bird catches the worms'
Old Mar 29th 2020, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/03...ovid-19-crisis
Old Mar 29th 2020, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I have full confidence that the authorities take note and comply. I will check it out later this afternoon.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Just the Opposite here. Home Quarantine Pass comes with three page, 16 paragraph "advisory".

Pass can have an alternate name, but only one can use it on trips. Think that is making shopping unnecessarily difficult and will be counter productive in that it will result in more trips to handle the quantity and ensure the right products purchased. I would guess the great majority of household drivers are male, but it's the females who mainly choose what to buy.

I saw this article backing up your theory in the BBC.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-...where-52040256
Old Mar 31st 2020, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/03/31/...luzon-lockdown

So it seems that up to now PHLPost branches stopped serving the public because employees were not exempted. But if their vehicles are being used for the delivery of relief goods then pensioner Brits will probably need to use commercial couriers to send in their proof of life certificates over the next few weeks.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Well that is provided you have access to a courier office. If not suggest a phone call to Newcastle.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Well that is provided you have access to a courier office. If not suggest a phone call to Newcastle.
I have been advised by Robinsons Service Quality Manager that LBC offices are open in their malls.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

I have been advised by Robinsons Service Quality Manager that LBC offices are open in their malls.
LBC a good option. Saw a second (roadside) branch open today in Paranaque..
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

I have just completed a Skype call with DWP International, Newcastle. I spoke to a very helpful lady who completed my Proof of Life during a five minute conversation.
If you are interested I suggest you make a call precisely at 16.30 Phils time as the UK office opens then.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
I have just completed a Skype call with DWP International, Newcastle. I spoke to a very helpful lady who completed my Proof of Life during a five minute conversation.
If you are interested I suggest you make a call precisely at 16.30 Phils time as the UK office opens then.
Good work!.. I have to contact them to find out if one has been sent to my old address.

Regards ​​​​​​​
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Raffin

Hi Raffin would you mind posting a pic of your HQP that says that capable seniors can be named on the pass. Its a big confusion here in Davao.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.