national I D card

Old Jul 19th 2022, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: national I D card

None that I can find. I think nothing would happen to you in your local area where you can easily pop home and show some ID, whether ACR card or Passport. Or to a hotel etc if away. Although I do remember when it was brought in seeing a BI leaflet saying it was a local substitute for your passport and would be more convenient than carrying a passport around. Implying that they would prefer you to carry ID around. It is and easier to replace than a passport if lost or you were robbed.
Old Jul 20th 2022, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
None that I can find. I think nothing would happen to you in your local area where you can easily pop home and show some ID, whether ACR card or Passport. Or to a hotel etc if away. Although I do remember when it was brought in seeing a BI leaflet saying it was a local substitute for your passport and would be more convenient than carrying a passport around. Implying that they would prefer you to carry ID around. It is and easier to replace than a passport if lost or you were robbed.
Foreigners are required to carry ID at all times, your choice of ACR card or passport or DL. This was drummed into me when I first arrived and applied on the SRRV. The NBI processor made it very clear....but that was 20 years ago
Old Jul 20th 2022, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
Foreigners are required to carry ID at all times, your choice of ACR card or passport or DL. This was drummed into me when I first arrived and applied on the SRRV. The NBI processor made it very clear....but that was 20 years ago
It's not unusual for foreigners to be required to carry id, even passport in most countries.
Old Jul 25th 2022, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
It's not unusual for foreigners to be required to carry id, even passport in most countries.
Ok an update

Went into SM mall las pinas basement near the starbucks end. The processing team advised that they had not yet been instructed to enrol foreigners. The application form clearly states that ACR cards can be produced to complete the forms and foreigners are to have copies of their passports.

just a question of when, not If, unless there is a complete re think. Deadline is still early 2023. The enrolment area used to be very busy with this process. Now it seems like barely a trickle. At least we will avoid the long line ups
Old Aug 10th 2022, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

This morning Asawa and I went to SM Marikina for this ID processing thing. As for mikemike the team have yet to be instructed to enrol foreigners they will send a text to inform when all is clear. Asawa was the only customern and they have eight staff. Definitely a job creation scheme. No wonder the declared unemployment rate is so low!
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

EnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond repute

Applied for my national ID in May last year, same time as my wife, was about 10.00 am. As there was a problem with my finger prints, got a phone call about two hours later to ask me to go back to reprocess. Taken to the front of the queue, processed in about ten minutes.

Mine was issued in May this year, wife's was issued in July this year. No expiry date on either of them.