Moving to Philippines

Old Sep 21st 2004, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Philippines

Begging in that part of thew world is everywhere specially downtown.

You must be having a hard time then if you couldnt gò out on your own.

You seen as a threat by your in-laws is typical of their culture specially when you are living with them. Asians are trained to do household chores at very young ages that`s why they expect you to be like one.

I miss palabok and kare kare very much.

OK, I`ll just wait for your new thread and I will chat a bit more.

Originally Posted by Astrantia
Ok I'll just reply to this and then I'll make a new thread.

Well, I don't go out very often. I work, stay at home or stay in one of the malls (would you believe I've even had begger kids approach me in Megamall while eating?) in Manila... that's the sad truth. I did venture out on my own before, but it was really scary, the attention and begging I got was aggressive. I rarely go anywhere without my fiance anymore.

Prince of Wales pub in Makati is still there! I haven't been in there yet, would you believe? I have passed it a few times.

My fiance's family, they're ok with me most of the time. His Mum sometimes has weird outbursts. My fiance supports them financially you see, and sometimes she sees me as a threat, and well, yeah. She believes I shouldn't over-rule him, should cook, clean and, well very old fashioned values. I think she tries to understand me, I'm not sure. His Dad is more understanding of me.

Wow scary getting lost. Hope you drove in the daytime only. I don't have a car unfortuately.

As for me speaking Tagalog, I change my accent so I can pronounce things properly. Just like speaking in a Spanish accent actually. I wouldn't speak Tagalog while eating a dead person covered in blood though hehe. Duguan means something like a bloody person, I think what you mean is Dnuguan which is blood stew hehe... and I wouldn't touch that stuff even if you paid me 1 million pound! Haha
Old Sep 21st 2004, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Thinkoutofthebox is an unknown quantity at this point

HI there! I'm Dennis. I'm a property consultant practising in Manila Philippines. I suggest you visit this beautifull country, the Philippines first before making any investments. With regards to your question of buying properties in the philippines, the only property Foreign Nationals, like yourself, can acquire properties without marrying a Filipino is if you invest in condominiums.

May I introduce to you my projects here in Manila specifically in Makati and The Fort Bonifacio, Global City. My projects are called West of Ayala and South of Market. High Rise Luxury condominium.

If you have questions about my project, you can email me at [email protected]

You can also contact me at my mobile +63 917 350 7295 (if you are already here in the Philippines its 09173507295)

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

God Bless

Originally Posted by jones1
I have a Filippino boyfriend and are currently living in South East Asia. We are considering moving to his home island of Bohol. We are hoping to buy land and build a property. Does anyone know if this is possible without marrying? I have not yet visited the Island. How safe would it be for a British woman. Are there any other European women out there, married to a Filippino? Any other information would be be great.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

ejay1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Astrantia
Ok I'll just reply to this and then I'll make a new thread.

Well, I don't go out very often. I work, stay at home or stay in one of the malls (would you believe I've even had begger kids approach me in Megamall while eating?) in Manila... that's the sad truth. I did venture out on my own before, but it was really scary, the attention and begging I got was aggressive. I rarely go anywhere without my fiance anymore.

Prince of Wales pub in Makati is still there! I haven't been in there yet, would you believe? I have passed it a few times.

My fiance's family, they're ok with me most of the time. His Mum sometimes has weird outbursts. My fiance supports them financially you see, and sometimes she sees me as a threat, and well, yeah. She believes I shouldn't over-rule him, should cook, clean and, well very old fashioned values. I think she tries to understand me, I'm not sure. His Dad is more understanding of me.

Wow scary getting lost. Hope you drove in the daytime only. I don't have a car unfortuately.

As for me speaking Tagalog, I change my accent so I can pronounce things properly. Just like speaking in a Spanish accent actually. I wouldn't speak Tagalog while eating a dead person covered in blood though hehe. Duguan means something like a bloody person, I think what you mean is Dnuguan which is blood stew hehe... and I wouldn't touch that stuff even if you paid me 1 million pound! Haha

Its spelled dinuguan and no it's not an dead person covered in blood . What do you think we are cannibals . Its an blood stew with pieces of pork, which is also my favorite filipino dish. And I think you need to be an citizen of the Philippines to own land there.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

This reminds me when I was having a dinner with a few friends. A couple of muslims and a filipino guy. One oif the muslim asked what is the famous delicacy of Philippine cuisine. And the filipino guy said of course PIG, then the muslim said `PIG`??? And the filipino guy said of course PIG`s BLOOD called the dinuguan. The muslim said `WHAT??? PIGS BLOOD?? They lost their appetite.

Originally Posted by ejay1
Its spelled dinuguan and no it's not an dead person covered in blood . What do you think we are cannibals . Its an blood stew with pieces of pork, which is also my favorite filipino dish. And I think you need to be an citizen of the Philippines to own land there.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Redwings
This reminds me when I was having a dinner with a few friends. A couple of muslims and a filipino guy. One oif the muslim asked what is the famous delicacy of Philippine cuisine. And the filipino guy said of course PIG, then the muslim said `PIG`??? And the filipino guy said of course PIG`s BLOOD called the dinuguan. The muslim said `WHAT??? PIGS BLOOD?? They lost their appetite.

There is also Lechon( Suckling Pig). Whenever there is an big celebration like an birthday, we would have Lechon.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

I love that lechon. Can`t have that much because of my hypertension.

My favorite dishes are the pinapaitan, karekare, palabok and boneless milkfish.

There is also Lechon( Suckling Pig). Whenever there is an big celebration like an birthday, we would have Lechon.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

I also like Mungo, my Lola makes the best mungo.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

My wife always cooks pinakbet every week, I love it.

I also like Mungo, my Lola makes the best mungo.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

My wife always cooks pinakbet every week, I love it.
I remember when I visited there they used to go door to door and sell pinakbet. I also remember the street vendor selling Balut or Tahoe. By the way Redwings are you filipino ?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

French, I am married to a half filipino half chinese. I got many filipino friends every where I go and used to visit the philippines quite often. I also know how to speak a little bit of ilocano. Are you from the south or the north??

Balut can be bought here in Canada as well as longanisa and tusino.

I remember when I visited there they used to go door to door and sell pinakbet. I also remember the street vendor selling Balut or Tahoe. By the way Redwings are you filipino ?
Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

French, I am married to a half filipino half chinese. I got many filipino friends every where I go and used to visit the philippines quite often. I also know how to speak a little bit of ilocano. Are you from the south or the north??

Balut can be bought here in Canada as well as longanisa and tusino.
I was born in Manila, but my parents are originally from the Visayas(My mom from Sibalom, Antique and my dad from the Negroes). So I like to think of myself as Visayan. I don't speak tagalog anymore, only an little bit. But I can understand it when spoken to. Oh and I can also understand an little kinaray-a because thats my mom's native dialect. They serve balut in Canada, interesting. I haven't had balut in an long time. I remember you make an small hole on the egg first and you drink the fluids before you eat it.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

I remen few months ago while watching Fear Factor and one of the game was to eat Balut. How easy woudl that be.
My wife was born and grew up in Gattaran, Cagayan Valley and speaks Ilocano. I speak 5 languages, French, english, cantonese, arabic, tagalog and ilocano. We`re living in Surrey, a suburb of Vancouver in British Columbia.

I still know a friend who are from Visayas and speaks Kinaray-a. Their surname is Anibigno. I also have been to Iloilo where I tasted the best oysters and mussels at Tatoys.

I was born in Manila, but my parents are originally from the Visayas(My mom from Sibalom, Antique and my dad from the Negroes). So I like to think of myself as Visayan. I don't speak tagalog anymore, only an little bit. But I can understand it when spoken to. Oh and I can also understand an little kinaray-a because thats my mom's native dialect. They serve balut in Canada, interesting. I haven't had balut in an long time. I remember you make an small hole on the egg first and you drink the fluids before you eat it.
Old Oct 9th 2004, 5:52 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

that lechon looks yummy as a sucking pig can look
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Pictures of the Philippines.

Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Last edited by ejay1; Nov 16th 2004 at 5:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.