Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

moving to the philippines "2"

moving to the philippines "2"

Old Feb 4th 2013, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to the philippines "2"

always wear mine ,the drivers here are nuts!!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunnydays
The traffic police come form Lipa and do a splurge on licencing and/ or seat belts on passing traffic in San Pablo. Its amusing if you are in an unlicensed tricycle and he drops you just before the check point to hand you to a licensed one...
I've been caught without seat belt twice by the roadside police and the second time was a bit cheeky so received a ticket to pay in Lipa.
"You are not wearing a seat belt sir"......he says and I reply, neither do any of these passing vehicles either!
Picking on small violations when in the next road or when they've gone home out come the families on motorbikes without helmets.....only kids hanging onto dads shirt
I wear my belt on long trips but around town where the traffic seldom gets out of 2nd gear I don't bother. My next car will have full tinted windows
Do you live in San Pablo? I know a couple of brits in the surrounding area but obviously i haven't met you I live near Nagcarlan.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

Then you know Mike and Precy ?

Last edited by sunnydays; Feb 5th 2013 at 1:31 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 5th 2013, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Then you know Mike and Precy ?
Sorry i don't know them. Are they in Nagacarlan?
Old Feb 9th 2013, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by googly
Sorry i don't know them. Are they in Nagacarlan?
They live in Abo which is close to Nagacarlan,
We passed your way the other day going to a restaurant in Liliw

I have no response from a personal email sent to you.......
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:48 am
Just Joined

PHbrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I haven't read all 8 previous pages in the thread but, any folks residing in Manila (South) right now?
Old Feb 11th 2013, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

They live in Abo which is close to Nagacarlan,
We passed your way the other day going to a restaurant in Liliw

I have no response from a personal email sent to you.......
Sorry for the late reply.

Have replied to your email.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PHbrit
Sorry I haven't read all 8 previous pages in the thread but, any folks residing in Manila (South) right now?
Which part of Manila? There are plenty of Brits living in south Manila. There is even a British pub in Festival Mall
Old Feb 11th 2013, 6:31 am
Just Joined

PHbrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Alabang
Old Feb 24th 2013, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

ALL Filipinas and Thai ladies that you meet are looking for a free ride and YOU are the ATM, anyone who thinks otherwise is utterly naive for me. Yours may seem different, but they are NOT.

But if you have plenty of money, the Asian ladies will treat you well and look after you, AS LONG AS THE CASH FLOWS. For they know what the alternative is, working in the palengke for 3 dollars a day, cutting heads off chickens for 12hours a day, 6 days a week.

Some will pretend to give YOU cash and manipulate you, they are just clever ones, but don't be fooled, these women just want a short cut to an easy life and you are the ATM to pay for their kids, other family, barkada, debts from before you met her at the pawn shop, buy them their second house IN THEIR NAME. YOU are at the very bottom of her pecking order only there to feed the more important ones to her, but SHE is number 1 on yours.

But if you can afford them and their parasitic ways, they will seem to be better wives than western ones, but c'mon these women are just scroungers.

It makes me shake my head with disbelief that some men REALLY TRULY think these women like them, THEY DO NOT, they like your money, nothing else. They are like beautiful scented orchids that attach themselves to you, but really orchids are parasites sucking you dry.

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Feb 24th 2013 at 1:09 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:26 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
ALL Filipinas and Thai ladies that you meet are looking for a free ride and YOU are the ATM, anyone who thinks otherwise is utterly naive for me. Yours may seem different, but they are NOT.

But if you have plenty of money, the Asian ladies will treat you well and look after you, AS LONG AS THE CASH FLOWS. For they know what the alternative is, working in the palengke for 3 dollars a day, cutting heads off chickens for 12hours a day, 6 days a week.

Some will pretend to give YOU cash and manipulate you, they are just clever ones, but don't be fooled, these women just want a short cut to an easy life and you are the ATM to pay for their kids, other family, barkada, debts from before you met her at the pawn shop, buy them their second house IN THEIR NAME. YOU are at the very bottom of her pecking order only there to feed the more important ones to her, but SHE is number 1 on yours.

But if you can afford them and their parasitic ways, they will seem to be better wives than western ones, but c'mon these women are just scroungers.

It makes me shake my head with disbelief that some men REALLY TRULY think these women like them, THEY DO NOT, they like your money, nothing else. They are like beautiful scented orchids that attach themselves to you, but really orchids are parasites sucking you dry.
What utter crap, How can you possibly tarnish two entire populations, countries even, with one characteristic??

For a start, Thai's are, by and large, financially far better off than Filipinos, they don't need middle aged western men to feed off, they more often than not hold good jobs and want their own independence.

You have been coloured by the type of women you have found, most likely from seedy dating sites, which is exactly the same kind you will find in the USA UK or any other country.

Try actually looking around you, choose your friends wisely and maybe you too can find that not every person in Phils or Thailand are "OUT TO GET YOU"

Last edited by kevray; Feb 24th 2013 at 2:34 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Take no notice brussels is a well known troll.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

i have been consistent with my views, that is my personal experiences. It is my personal policy also not to make or respond to, personal attacks/shaming language .

I want to dissuade men who have rose tinted glasses when it comes to South East Asian women. Women in third world countries try things women would not in the west. Many british men come here thinking Asian women are manna from heaven, when they are just ultra freeloaders.

Thailand and Philippines are very similar countries, working agricultural people are very poor in both. Philippines is more stable and socially advanced but poorer. The Thai baht has strengthened more in recent years.

Many aspects of what i described are general female traits. In the west have you ever met a woman who TRULY contributes 50% to the family budget ? They THINK they do, of course.

What makes life here different from the west is no social security, single mothers are quite desperate, they are an extreme example of what i mean, she will try wheedle ALL your money for HER kids. Her relation with YOU is a JOB, she does it purely for the money, if you think of her as an employee, you will be better off

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Feb 24th 2013 at 3:35 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

How about those working overseas or who have successfully migrated to many countries? No good either?
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

You generalize sprout. Have you had a bad experience with a woman from South East Asia? If you have it doesn't make the whole race bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.