British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Philippines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/)
-   -   moving to the philippines "2" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/moving-philippines-2-a-768195/)

brussels_sprout Aug 24th 2012 10:26 am

Re: moving to the philippines "2"

As always, I would be very careful with Asian women, they are seductive and use their sexuality, they can be very very devious and ALL of them only want you for your money. As long as the money flows their way, they will be good wives, but don't fool yourself that they "love" you, they don't, only their kids, extended family, their barkada then YOU.
If you accept this and have enough money, then you will be very happy, ( that's my experience), be very very careful!

They may ask for money for a business, a house, a car, personally I would strongly avoid buying anything like that because it will not be legally in your name. Rent houses, avoid businesses, buy cheap car

desert-rat Aug 24th 2012 11:52 am

Oh sprout Asian women using their sexuality and being seductive? Havent women been doing this since Cleopatra got hold of Mark Anthonys snake?

blackbear1137 Aug 24th 2012 8:56 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmm ok perhaps im being nieve,youve given me a lot too think about ,BUT anna has not asked me for a cent,ive offerd her help, she rufuses it ,shes had help in emergencies like when she was flooded out and all the food was taken by the water,i trust her !! a lot ,weve known each other for 7 years.and yes shes my dream girl .i love her a lot!!ive given her the opertunity to do the dirty on me many times ....she hasnt dont it .should i say yet!! i was married for 28 years .and it wasnt a happy marrige .im not hoping, for happiness now ,ive got it .i just would like a life ive missed out on for 28 years with someone i love and some one to give me a bit back!!!!!

googly Aug 25th 2012 6:39 am

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout (Post 10244118)
As always, I would be very careful with Asian women, they are seductive and use their sexuality, they can be very very devious and ALL of them only want you for your money. As long as the money flows their way, they will be good wives, but don't fool yourself that they "love" you, they don't, only their kids, extended family, their barkada then YOU.
If you accept this and have enough money, then you will be very happy, ( that's my experience), be very very careful!

They may ask for money for a business, a house, a car, personally I would strongly avoid buying anything like that because it will not be legally in your name. Rent houses, avoid businesses, buy cheap car

Brussels Sprout you are full of wind. You seem to be an expert on the Philippines (Asia) after living here for a very short time. Saying that ALL Philippine women are after your money is complete rubbish.

bri landy guy Aug 25th 2012 8:36 am

my god sounds like someone has had a bad run at life.

you can't tar everyone with the same brush.

people have there own minds and can do what they want.

i find it very hard to believe if this is happening to you, and you giving money for love get out of the mess your in and move on.

i love my wife and new born and a further child on the way and i wouldn't have it any other way.

i have to fight to give her 500aed.
i gave her 48,000 aed when i went back to England and i sent her back to phials when i had an emergency back home, i told her to treat her family to a night out meal drinks etc. when she returned 2 months later she had spent money all was documented down to the last penny bills everything she had only spent 5,000aed, and most of that was hospital treatment checking the baby was ok scans and stuff.
i told her why o why would you get bills and document when you got taxi and stuff, she reply because its your money.my reply, sorry its not my money its are money.

i think some people need to keep there sad opinions to there sad selves.:thumbsup:

PeteinHongKong Aug 25th 2012 3:16 pm

Expats in the Philippines (and indeed in Thailand) seem to fall into two main groups. The first are the treat 'em mean, trust no one, etc etc group. The second group are more trusting and actually believe that love can exist beyond an ATM card and various other material possessions. Asian women do not 'use' their sexuality - it is men who see something there that perhaps they did not see in women elsewhere. Fortunately, I am in the second group, happily married to a Filipina and certainly not denying myself some of life's pleasures which after almost 40 years of hard work I feel I am entitled to enjoy. I consider myself sensible but certainly not paranoid!

bri landy guy Aug 25th 2012 5:03 pm

nice pete

piero Aug 26th 2012 2:52 pm

Sprout you could be talking about women from any part of the world. That is what women/mums do. But yes i lost my rose tinted specs a long time ago. For me i,m ok for now my wife my boy and me that's all i pay for

brussels_sprout Aug 27th 2012 3:38 am

Naive much PeteInHongKong? You will learn, try telling your filipina sweetheart that your cash has run out, then you will see the real her

googly Aug 27th 2012 3:49 am

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout (Post 10248082)
Naive much PeteInHongKong? You will learn, try telling your filipina sweetheart that your cash has run out, then you will see the real her

Brussels spout just because you have had some bad luck with filipina women don't put them all in the same category. Ive been with my sweetheart nearly 20yrs and she lent me money when we first met. Even though she was earning less than me. Fact not Fiction.

brussels_sprout Aug 27th 2012 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by googly (Post 10248087)
Brussels spout just because you have had some bad luck with filipina women don't put them all in the same category. Ive been with my sweetheart nearly 20yrs and she lent me money when we first met. Even though she was earning less than me. Fact not Fiction.

I have had NO bad luck with filipina females, and I have never been with bargirl, I try not to say personal things in posts, although, as I said, I regard many of you as very naive when it comes to filipinas. I am tall dark handsome, educated well travelled male, if you must know.

I agree with Piero really, it is just female behaviour everywhere, but the filipinas are more desperate to meet a foreigner to leach from. Female entitlement princess behaviour is worldwide. This is mainly due to male chivalrous and putting women first behaviour too, of course. Before feminism, males and females each had a role and responsibilities, but since the 70s females have gained many "rights" without any responsibilities, but men have all the traditional responsibilities remaining. These laws exist in Philippines too, pro female laws.

I just want to highlight that there are many bad filipinas out there, and from my personal experience, they ONLY want your money. All of them. Yes they will charm you, sleep with you, maybe lend you some money for show, but THEY ONLY WANT YOUR FOREIGNER CASH.
If this cash stops, she will look for another, this is the female mind, always looking for easy shortcut, for a man to pay her pawn shop bill, pay her kids' education bills, to sacrifice himself for her.

googly Aug 28th 2012 1:43 am

Brussels Sprout (Tall Dark Handsome Guy) im not looking for a date so no need to post your details here!
You cant put ALL Filipina women in the same category.

JaHo Aug 28th 2012 2:29 pm

I've lived here since 2005 and can offer the following advice:

* The cost of living is not cheap. True, it is cheaper than the UK, but not by a lot.
* If you have health problems, be aware that you will need a lot of money.
* Find something to do. Have a purpose in life. All-day drinking is not a purpose in life.
* Stay away from groups of whinging expats. Their negative attitudes are corrosive. Unfortunately, they're all over the place. Most are just losers.
* Be very hesitant about giving / lending money to anyone, however close. Once you have given way, word will get around, and many locals like nothing better than having an easy life on the back of someone else.
* Drive like a local, not like an Englishman.
* Do not annoy locals if it can be avoided. Some people here are quietly violent, and settle arguments with machetes.
* Be patient. Be very, very patient. Any government institution is a trial of endurance.
* Most officials are corrupt.
* It is a noisy place. If you treasure peace and quiet, do not come.
* Preferably, like disco music with ridiculously amplified bass. Or like karaoke.
* Dogs here are enlarged rats.
* Power cuts, water supply, internet connections etc are unreliable.
* If you watch local TV for any length of time you will turn into a cabbage.

Having said all that, I have been happy here, although I am thinking of leaving. If you keep a low-profile, behave in a reasonable manner and show respect (the genuine sort) you will have no problem. And the large majority of Filipinos are friendly and hospitable.

brussels_sprout Aug 28th 2012 4:27 pm

Interesting advice JaHo, I have to ask, why are you leaving then? Are you beginning to grow green leaves through watching The Princess and I on TV3 too much?
Philippines not cheap? Are you serious ? TDo you live in Boracay, or something ? Where else is a bread roll 1 peso and a beer 20 pesos and a maid 2000 pesos a month?
Thanks for the advice about the violent men, I sort of feel that, I always describe them as carabou, they seem to be placid but when angry will kill

JaHo Aug 29th 2012 3:36 am

Because of the pitiful wages here, anything labour-related is cheap. Local bread is unpalatable at any price. And yes, beer is still cheap.
When I came here I got 95 pesos to the pound, now it's 65.
Everything has gone up in price, particularly fuel and food. Cheap-living is possible, but you won't have much of a lifestye. Depends on what you want.

No, I'm not turning into a cabbage. I miss cold weather, peace and quiet, and Western culture.