Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Moving to Cebu with 2 kids

Moving to Cebu with 2 kids

Old Apr 18th 2022, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Mira 1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Cebu with 2 kids

Hi everyone
I really appreciate any help as I’m worried about the element of social life for my kids(2 and 8 years old)

Basically, we are a family of 4 moving next week to Cebu for few months(business contract).
we are planning on homeschooling our 8 years old. She plays Piano and Guitar and a good Tennis player for her age.

any tips of where to meet other families with similar age kids? And how to find club/activities/tutors?

Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2022, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Cebu with 2 kids

Originally Posted by Mira 1983 View Post
Hi everyone
I really appreciate any help as I’m worried about the element of social life for my kids(2 and 8 years old)

Basically, we are a family of 4 moving next week to Cebu for few months(business contract).
we are planning on homeschooling our 8 years old. She plays Piano and Guitar and a good Tennis player for her age.

any tips of where to meet other families with similar age kids? And how to find club/activities/tutors?

Thanks
I don't know the answer to your main question but I think you might get better responses by joining the various Cebu Foreigners FB groups... assuming that you use social media that is.

At the moment schools are still closed and pupils are being taught with "modules".

Welcome to the Philippines!
Old Apr 20th 2022, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 View Post
I don't know the answer to your main question but I think you might get better responses by joining the various Cebu Foreigners FB groups... assuming that you use social media that is.

At the moment schools are still closed and pupils are being taught with "modules".

Welcome to the Philippines!
Thanks for your reply which is really very helpful(especially the bit about schools still closed)!
I’m wondering if you can list any FB page I can use as most of the ones I’ve signed up to are outdated.

Thanks again,
Old Apr 20th 2022, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

On the schools there is a plan for limited face to face reopening in Cebu City next month.

https://www.philstar.com/the-freeman...ce-classes-may

Old Apr 21st 2022, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mira 1983 View Post
Thanks for your reply which is really very helpful(especially the bit about schools still closed)!
I’m wondering if you can list any FB page I can use as most of the ones I’ve signed up to are outdated.

Thanks again,
Had a quick look and three appear to be quite active with good membership:

Expats of Cebu. 1.8k members
Cebu city Expats. 1.2k members
Cebu Foreigners Club. 1.1k members
Best of luck

Old May 28th 2022, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Becky C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we're Brits living in Cebu, with kids, you can contact us

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 28th 2022 at 6:50 am. Reason: Email address removed - can contact you via the forum if they wish.
Old May 28th 2022, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Sent! Thanks.
Originally Posted by Becky C View Post
Hi, we're Brits living in Cebu, with kids, you can contact us