Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

motorbike or small engine repair

motorbike or small engine repair

Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

mike10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default motorbike or small engine repair

Would this be a good business to get into in the PI. Looking for opinins. thanks Mike
Old Mar 21st 2013, 8:04 am
Just Joined

BorderReiver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: motorbike or small engine repair

From what I have seen, most Tricycle owners seem to repair there own bikes, but unsure about regular motorbike/scooter owners, others might have more info for you.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike10
Would this be a good business to get into in the PI. Looking for opinins. thanks Mike
I can't imagine it would be a good business to get into. You would have to work very very long hours and just possibly scratch a living. Most if not all trike and motorcycle owners would only have the bare minimum of work done and then only it they couldn't bodge around it themselves. Maintainance is not normally a consideration for most trike and motorcycle owners. So unless you can have a large expat clientel I would doubt there much money in it.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

mike10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mike10
You guys are right, if it was a major repair they may not be able to afford it.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:15 pm
diy
Just Joined

diy is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldnt start any business here, its more trouble than its worth
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diy
i wouldnt start any business here, its more trouble than its worth
Mike that's about the best answer you will get
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:17 am
Just Joined

CondoMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless you're prepared to work for the same rate as locals (very little), you're not going to get any business from most foreigners who will all have their 'trusted' local mechanic undertake repairs for them.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

PeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud of

Absolutely right, and potentially dangerous too!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

PeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud of

My reply was to diy's comment.