Me and My Family

Old May 1st 2018, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings!

Thought I would update and announce a revelation that has come to light....which can be game changer.

The 30k has now been repaid.....but not to my satisfaction.

15k was used as previously mentioned to buy her a gold necklace for her birthday. This cost 13k and I have not been offered the 2k change. The necklace appears to be gold plated and most probably not worth what I paid. I think I found a pawn receipt for 2k which fits the description of the necklace. I confronted her with the magnet test and she got her supplier to dispute that test as valid. She stated that alloys within the gold can be magnetic. This is false. Even 10 carat gold contains no magnetic material. Now she knows this because I have seen her run a magnet over bought items. I showed her aYoutube video proving my point which I suggested she sent to her supplier. I warned her that her supplier is cheating her and to be careful. I pointed no finger at her. She remained silent and offered no comment.

The other 15k was for dental treatment. She presented me with an authentic but non-itemized receipt for just over 11k. A further receipt for 3.2k could not be produced for the remainder. The reasons were too complicated to even try to understand.

Her pawning continues and now the total is about 250k. I don't believe she has that amount to pawn but is repawning to redeem her jewelry. Interest rate is 2.8% pm. 5 month redeem period. The reason is a mystery. If the money was for a business venture, I am sure she would tell me. If it was for her family, then the opposite is true. But the revelation which I found out today may provide the answer.

A close expat friend disclosed to me today that rumour has it that my lovely lady is the mother of 2 children. He has known for about a month and its common knowledge amongst my close expat friends and their wives/gf's. The father is a tricycle driver in the next village and I have unknowingly met her children. The two boys call her Auntie. I don't recall such meeting, but.....her parents as I have mentioned before, are looking after 4 boys for distant relatives who cannot afford to care for them. Perhaps I have met them unknowingly on numerous occasions...

I am going to try and discreetly find out more about this rumour which I find hard to believe....but nothing surprises me in the Phils. At the right time, I will drop the rumour into a conversation with her.

Thanks for your comments and interest. Thanks to those FB friends who continue to remain discreet.

Regards
Why not just ask her directly?

Reminds me of something I was once told, an honest Filipina will tell you that they have a child, a really trustworthy one will tell you how many.
Old May 1st 2018, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

**Why not just ask her directly**

Simple. She will demand to know where I got my info from. If the rumours are false there will be recriminations and breakup of friendships. I don't want to risk the fallout just yet until I have more positive proof one way or the other. I have discreet inquiries in motion. I don't want to risk anything by a rumour which could be malicious.

Regards
Old May 1st 2018, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Why not just ask her directly?

Reminds me of something I was once told, an honest Filipina will tell you that they have a child, a really trustworthy one will tell you how many.
I know two in the UK that the first they knew about their step kids was shortly after their respective weddings, one of them when being asked to sign their visa forms. Funny how they failed to mention them in the previous 2/3 years.
Old May 1st 2018, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

**Why not just ask her directly**

Simple. She will demand to know where I got my info from. If the rumours are false there will be recriminations and breakup of friendships. I don't want to risk the fallout just yet until I have more positive proof one way or the other. I have discreet inquiries in motion. I don't want to risk anything by a rumour which could be malicious.

Regards

I’m not sure you have to disclose where you heard it. There is enough she hasn’t fully disclosed to you over the years. It seems that the pair of you play by different rules and as a result you seem to give away a lot of game position.
Old May 1st 2018, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Anything can happen

A gent from the USA had met the love of his life in Ozamis city. Spent a lot of time down there and met the family, introduced to the cousins etc.

getting married and all was sweet and joy...until

One of the family decided he had a conscience and advised that the other cousin was actually her husband, they had 4 kids. He was in effect pimping his wife out.

The gent from the USA woke up to the harsh and sad reality that he was not in kansas anymore and his love was not dorothy. So he slipped out that night by bus to Cagayan de oro and got the first flight out.

This country can be a very hard harsh place at times and trying to measure things with knowledge and standards from where we come from is fraught with complications and in some cases real danger.
Old May 1st 2018, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
Anything can happen

A gent from the USA had met the love of his life in Ozamis city. Spent a lot of time down there and met the family, introduced to the cousins etc.

getting married and all was sweet and joy...until

One of the family decided he had a conscience and advised that the other cousin was actually her husband, they had 4 kids. He was in effect pimping his wife out.

The gent from the USA woke up to the harsh and sad reality that he was not in kansas anymore and his love was not dorothy. So he slipped out that night by bus to Cagayan de oro and got the first flight out.

This country can be a very hard harsh place at times and trying to measure things with knowledge and standards from where we come from is fraught with complications and in some cases real danger.
Pimping out family members seems quite common here. Just down the road our cleaner/helper lives she is 24 with 10 year old twins. She was sold to her fathers drinking partner at the age of 14 for one bottle of Tanduay.
Old May 1st 2018, 11:46 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Thought I would update and announce a revelation that has come to light....which can be game changer.

15k was used as previously mentioned to buy her a gold necklace for her birthday. This cost 13k and I have not been offered the 2k change. The necklace appears to be gold plated and most probably not worth what I paid. I think I found a pawn receipt for 2k which fits the description of the necklace. I confronted her with the magnet test and she got her supplier to dispute that test as valid. She stated that alloys within the gold can be magnetic. This is false. Even 10 carat gold contains no magnetic material. Now she knows this because I have seen her run a magnet over bought items. I showed her aYoutube video proving my point which I suggested she sent to her supplier. I warned her that her supplier is cheating her and to be careful. I pointed no finger at her. She remained silent and offered no comment.

The other 15k was for dental treatment. She presented me with an authentic but non-itemized receipt for just over 11k. A further receipt for 3.2k could not be produced for the remainder. The reasons were too complicated to even try to understand.

Her pawning continues and now the total is about 250k. I don't believe she has that amount to pawn but is repawning to redeem her jewelry. Interest rate is 2.8% pm. 5 month redeem period. The reason is a mystery. If the money was for a business venture, I am sure she would tell me. If it was for her family, then the opposite is true. But the revelation which I found out today may provide the answer.

A close expat friend disclosed to me today that rumour has it that my lovely lady is the mother of 2 children. He has known for about a month and its common knowledge amongst my close expat friends and their wives/gf's. The father is a tricycle driver in the next village and I have unknowingly met her children. The two boys call her Auntie. I don't recall such meeting, but.....her parents as I have mentioned before, are looking after 4 boys for distant relatives who cannot afford to care for them. Perhaps I have met them unknowingly on numerous occasions...

I am going to try and discreetly find out more about this rumour which I find hard to believe....but nothing surprises me in the Phils. At the right time, I will drop the rumour into a conversation with her.

Thanks for your comments and interest. Thanks to those FB friends who continue to remain discreet.

Regards
F***ing H***, that's a bit of a shocker, all the way through reading this thread, I never saw that one coming.

All the money stuff going on can kind of be expected to a certain degree, and you can either go along with it or not, as you have over time.

But for me, this would be the last straw, (if it's true). She should have told you this right from the start no two ways about it. She's been going behind your back for all this time, albeit for good reasons, providing support for her children.

But in my mind this raises two serious red flags that are a dealbreaker for me.
1) The level of dishonesty is HUGE, whatever the reasons.
2) Even more importantly for me, what kind of person doesn't want their children to live with them?? By this I mean that I wouldn't accept my children being a secret for the sake of a potential lover. My children would have to come first. It seems that hers don't.

Sorry to say this because I know you've been through a lot together, more good times than bad, but (if true) I would call it a day here 100%

I'd hope that deep down you feel the same.
Old May 1st 2018, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
F***ing H***, that's a bit of a shocker, all the way through reading this thread, I never saw that one coming.

All the money stuff going on can kind of be expected to a certain degree, and you can either go along with it or not, as you have over time.

But for me, this would be the last straw, (if it's true). She should have told you this right from the start no two ways about it. She's been going behind your back for all this time, albeit for good reasons, providing support for her children.

But in my mind this raises two serious red flags that are a dealbreaker for me.
1) The level of dishonesty is HUGE, whatever the reasons.
2) Even more importantly for me, what kind of person doesn't want their children to live with them?? By this I mean that I wouldn't accept my children being a secret for the sake of a potential lover. My children would have to come first. It seems that hers don't.

Sorry to say this because I know you've been through a lot together, more good times than bad, but (if true) I would call it a day here 100%

I'd hope that deep down you feel the same.
I think the deal breaker for me would be that she does not trust me with the truth and she thinks so badly of me she would expect me to run away if I found out she had kids. Not a nice feeling if they expect you to spend the rest of your life with them

I hate to say it, if it is true, RUN anywhere.
Old May 1st 2018, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I think the deal breaker for me would be that she does not trust me with the truth and she thinks so badly of me she would expect me to run away if I found out she had kids. Not a nice feeling if they expect you to spend the rest of your life with them

I hate to say it, if it is true, RUN anywhere.
Ironically, if it is true though he will probably also do a runner. She's kind of trapped. If only more honest in the beginning.

That said... I've always been able to tell when someone I'm sleeping with has had children and I always ask how they are
Old May 1st 2018, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

That said... I've always been able to tell when someone I'm sleeping with has had children
I have that talent as well, they are normally the little people standing at the end of the bed saying "Mum what do we call uncle?"
Old May 1st 2018, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I have that talent as well, they are normally the little people standing at the end of the bed saying "Mum what do we call uncle?"
call uncle dad, and dad uncle.
Old May 1st 2018, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

The deal breaker for me was back on page 2.
Old May 1st 2018, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Regards
No offense but have you thought of selling your story as a soap opera ? I don't think it could be a reality show as no one would believe it, but for a soap opera- seriously- I think would be quiet interesting.
Old May 1st 2018, 3:51 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Ironically, if it is true though he will probably also do a runner. She's kind of trapped. If only more honest in the beginning.

That said... I've always been able to tell when someone I'm sleeping with has had children and I always ask how they are
scars and skin are always good indications.
Old May 1st 2018, 3:55 pm

although if the woman has the baby naturally very young, they can get away with it sometimes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.