Me and My Family

Old Jul 7th 2017, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Me and My Family

Greetings Again..

Stokkevn: Detrimental to my health... Not sure about that but it may well be to my lovely ladies health! She may well be thinking that I am not coming back which I guess puts more strain on me. I can just imagine the msgs every hour I will be getting if I have to go back.

Interestingly I have to leave the Phils before March 26th next year in keeping with the exit rule but I had no plans to return to the UK because of the expense etc.

Still find it odd that the court has a signed document from myself and the ex wife agreeing to a financial settlement. What point is a signed document if its not believed?

I did suggest to her solicitor that I pay the monies now and she gets on with the house transfer to obviate any necessary appearance at the court. Doesn't work that way apparently.

Still....we shall see how this unfolds.

Regards

e
Not sure who you would write to but I am sure that if you tot up all the costs of a Ph-UK-Ph trip would be for just a 10 min appearance it would come to approx £12,000 an hour. Even an unreasonable judge would think this was excessive. Maybe a note to the judge that if it is going to cost you that much to be made to appear in person you could make it in about 20 years time and let your wife's solicitor fight to get the judge to see sense.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:23 am.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 12:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by springsteen11
Greetings Again..

Stokkevn: Detrimental to my health... Not sure about that but it may well be to my lovely ladies health! She may well be thinking that I am not coming back which I guess puts more strain on me. I can just imagine the msgs every hour I will be getting if I have to go back.

Interestingly I have to leave the Phils before March 26th next year in keeping with the exit rule but I had no plans to return to the UK because of the expense etc.

Still find it odd that the court has a signed document from myself and the ex wife agreeing to a financial settlement. What point is a signed document if its not believed?

I did suggest to her solicitor that I pay the monies now and she gets on with the house transfer to obviate any necessary appearance at the court. Doesn't work that way apparently.

Still....we shall see how this unfolds.

Regards

e
that was the case with the divorce in Aus that I mentioned. The divorce itself was simple, all paperwork done and correct, not a single issue. But the judge refused to believe that my friend (the husband) was really happy walking away from a considerable amount of money. He was quite clear all along, he went into the marriage with nothing and wanted to leave the same way, as he didn't feel it was fair to take a share of his wife's estate, but the judge wanted papers signed in court and stuff like that to prove the guy was of sound mind and not confused by the legal process! Papers signed and sent to the court weren't good enough, even though both parties were clearly agreed about what they wanted, and had both made statements to that effect.
Absolutely crazy, but apparently the judge can insist on an appearance - one would hope you can soirt a video-link somehow.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:54 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:46 pm
LPR
Forum Regular

LPR is on a distinguished road

I really feel for you I hope you can sort out the video link as the expense of a trip to the UK for a 5 minute hearing is ludicrous.
Les

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:55 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

A short up-date.

The hearing for my financial settlement is now going to be held by telephone conference next week. Common sense has prevailed. Thankfully.

Still nothing very much to comment on here. It seems life has settled down here at last. But, there are other chapters to come with engagement, house purchase and marriage once my divorce is finalized.

My lovely lady is now contributing to SSS pension and paying the minimum amount of just over 300 peso pm. The payout looks reasonable assuming I have read the table correctly. Pension starts at age 60 after 10 years contributions. If the 10 years is not completed, then she gets her money back plus a small interest. I am already paying into a pension fund for her with Philam but she has got it into her head that if I kick the bucket (after marriage) she will get an early pension from SSS irrespective of the 10 year rule. I cannot find any reference to that but it must be true.....a friend told her.

Waddley appears to have a live-in bf. Not sure what to think about that bearing in mind they pay nothing toward rent etc. He seems ok and I don't think we have been formally introduced. He used to stop over on the odd occasion and works in Manila. Sadly, he lost a relative and compensation was paid. Now he has a shiny new motorcycle and appears to be living here permanently. Maybe its just an extended stay. But we will see. Except for wandering around in his underwear during the day when she is working and on an odd occasion being worse for wear for drink.....he seems ok.

I noticed this morning that the rent does not appear to have been paid for July. She normally gives the receipt to me for filing. I am hoping she will find the receipt later. I cannot find a receipt for June either. I will just leave that info here .....for now.

Her father no longer badgers me for e.juice or spares for his e.cig. In fact on the rare occasions he comes here he no longer seems to be using it. He made a couple of appearances after we came back from "the big city" a few days ago. It is there I sometimes get my supplies. His face beamed with the look that said...."I want e.juice". My face beamed back with the look that said "you haven't paid for the last lot yet". I think that little issue has now come to an end.

All for now

Regards

Old Aug 1st 2017, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Waddley appears to have a live-in bf. Not sure what to think about that bearing in mind they pay nothing toward rent etc.
Living arrangements here are some of the strangest I have ever come across. A few years ago I set my wife up ( at her request ) a small chicken farm, so got the land, built a bamboo house for whoever was going to look after it. Finally chicks arrive, the family to look after them moved in ( free house plus P1,000 a month as it was only part time work ). One day when I passed with the dog I noticed someone else there but did not take much notice until the same guy turned up at our house asking for his P1,000. It turned out that the original family had sold the house and position to one of his family members. Needless to say he was given his marching orders and someone else was employed. He even had the cheek to ask me for repayment of the money he had paid for the house and position.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:25 am.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Stokkevn,

The mind does boggle at the cheek of it all!

One thing I neglected to mention and it may not be related. We have Globe here which uses an antennae outside connected to our our modem or whatever its called. Normally there are just the two of us here or three when Waddley gets in from work. Now we have 4 with the bf. My lovely lady has complained that the internet is slower than usual since this guy has moved in. I believe he watches films on the internet during the day. Now, I don't know if 4 people are using the same modem will make the internet slower.....but she wanted me to change the password the other day. Make of that what you will. I didn't of course. But then again, I have no idea how to.

I noticed this morning that they appear to be using our washing machine now. Nice to be asked! Just like when Waddley uses my bike without my permission. She doesn't seem to use it much now.....perhaps because she has nearly destroyed the saddle. And the brakes appear to be binding....for some unknown reason... :-)

Regards

Old Aug 1st 2017, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Stokkevn,

The mind does boggle at the cheek of it all!

One thing I neglected to mention and it may not be related. We have Globe here which uses an antennae outside connected to our our modem or whatever its called. Normally there are just the two of us here or three when Waddley gets in from work. Now we have 4 with the bf. My lovely lady has complained that the internet is slower than usual since this guy has moved in. I believe he watches films on the internet during the day. Now, I don't know if 4 people are using the same modem will make the internet slower.....but she wanted me to change the password the other day. Make of that what you will. I didn't of course. But then again, I have no idea how to.

I noticed this morning that they appear to be using our washing machine now. Nice to be asked! Just like when Waddley uses my bike without my permission. She doesn't seem to use it much now.....perhaps because she has nearly destroyed the saddle. And the brakes appear to be binding....for some unknown reason... :-)

Regards
4 people using the globe 'home broadband' WiFi will reduce the speed to each user by 75%. I changed the password while the techs were here a few months ago so if it went wrong they could help.
Connect WiFi unit to PC with cable
Go to www.192.168.254.254
Press 'Log-in'
User name is user
Password is @l03e1t3 - that is a lower case l after the @
Then click on WiFi and type in your new password.

Hope that helps, if not I will deny ever telling you.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:25 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings,

Thought I would up-date.

The court hearing via telephone went well and lasted all of 10 mins. Our mutual agreement was accepted by the judge after a few questions and I am now divorced....and broke. However, as I told my lovely lady money cannot buy what I have here and my 3 pensions allow me to live reasonably comfortably. The cost for the arrangement of the telephone conference is £68 according to her solicitor which I am happy to pay. Far better than the costs of flying back and forth to the UK methinks.

So, with all that out of the way, the opening chapter is closed and we start a new one. This means buying this house and marriage. She doesn't know I am divorced yet so I will surprise her with a marriage proposal later this week probably. She is excited at the prospect and keeps asking if my divorce has come through. She seems to accepted that the only way we can buy this house is via a loan. She also shares my doubts if that will be possible. But I guess I have to go through the motions.

There seems to be a breakdown in her family. She and her brother are paying the rent for her family's house about 20 mins away. 5k pm I believe. They both agreed to pay the rent under certain conditions and one of the conditions has been broken. A relative has now moved into the house which they both have forbidden. This relative had been wanting to move in for some time and has done so in secret. They both didn't want her to move in because previously in other houses, she contributed nothing toward the rent etc despite promises. She and her brother has told their father they will no longer pay the rent. This created much chagrin. So I await developments from that. Her father who I believe retires next year has a job with the local council. That will add to the pressure.

Stokkevn. *4 people using the globe 'home broadband' WiFi will reduce the speed to each user by 75%*. Just to confirm....is that by 75% or to 75%?

Will have to take her family out for an engagement party here on the beach. I suspect this will reduce the thaw in my relationship with them. I shall be counting numbers and wonder how quick I will be asked for e-juice etc. We shall see.

Regards all

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

That's good news . Shackles cast off at last! Hope everything works out for you and your lovely lady.I'm a bit out of touch with UK divorce law - was this the decree nisi or the actual decree absolute? I know when my youngest son got divorced there was a period of time between the two. Be careful her family don't try and move into your house if their rent isn't paid..................

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn. *4 people using the globe 'home broadband' WiFi will reduce the speed to each user by 75%*. Just to confirm....is that by 75% or to 75%?
Assuming all users are doing the same thing each user will get approx 25% of what is coming into the WiFi.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:26 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quiltman
That's good news Shackles cast off at last! Hope everything works out for you and your lovely lady.I'm a bit out of touch with UK divorce law - was this the decree nisi or the actual decree absolute? I know when my youngest son got divorced there was a period of time between the two. Be careful her family don't try and move into your house if their rent isn't paid..................
There must a time lag of at least 6 weeks and 1 day after the issue of the Decree Nisi before you can apply for the Decree Absolute. Not too sure how long it takes to get a Decree Absolute though. But this may help.

https://www.gov.uk/divorce/apply-for-a-decree-absolute

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all,

It is the decree absolute. The Nisi was issued some time ago and I guess the Absolute had to wait until the financial arrangements have been met.

Re the rent. My lovely lady said that if necessary she will move Waddly and her bf out of the small place next to us and her parents in. Not sure of the logic of that and it appears I have no say in the decision. Her parents are looking after 4 or 5 kids from other relatives so I am not sure how that will work out. The place is only big enough for 2 people really. This reminds me of a near escape I unwittingly had. When we first moved here and looking for a place to rent, her father showed me a nice place which also had an outhouse. A large one....big enough to accommodate the whole tribe. I suspect that if I had taken it, I would be living there....with her whole family. Paying the rent and utilities etc. :-o *Breathes sigh of relief*

Forgot to mention....Not seen Waddly at work since her bf moved in. Just wonder if she has given that up and they are both living off his compensation. Rent and amenities free of course.....

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:56 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all,

It is the decree absolute. The Nisi was issued some time ago and I guess the Absolute had to wait until the financial arrangements have been met.

Re the rent. My lovely lady said that if necessary she will move Waddly and her bf out of the small place next to us and her parents in. Not sure of the logic of that and it appears I have no say in the decision. Her parents are looking after 4 or 5 kids from other relatives so I am not sure how that will work out. The place is only big enough for 2 people really.
The crystal ball is working overtime here. Waddly leaves, parents and tribe move in, place is a bit cramped so the kids will be staying in the house with you, you complain about the noise so it is suggested as the bunk house is just big enough for 2 you and gf move in there where it will be quieter and parents take your room. Everyone's a winner.

I am not a pessimist, just an optimist with experience.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:26 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn,

Hahaha....Funny. But I am in quandary actually. The landlady has not pressured me to buy this house. Yet. However, we have a verbal agreement (no contract etc) that I am renting to buy. No deposits were ever made and she is a friend of the family. However, there is a large house next door which is available for rent at 12k pm (currently paying 10k). If I cannot buy this house then moving next door is an option and it has no outhouse for anyone to move in. If it is ever mooted that her family lives in with us.....I will be gone ....like a hairy bear. Which brings me to another point. I heard of an ex-pat who recently married and noticed on something he signed on marriage that apart from taking care of his wife, he must also take care of her family. Don't know the validity of that. Or even if it is a legal obligation. But as I have no great amount of funds and just an adequate pension, there is nothing more I can do to help out her family bar the current 3k pm for her fathers medicine. The cost of which incidentally is just over 2k pm which can be reduced if he used his Pensioners Card and used generics instead. The monthly bill actually comes to about 4 - 5k pm and my lovely lady pays the difference. I suspect he is supplying medicines to his mates at my my lovely lady's expense. Could be wrong of course.

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:56 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by springsteen11
I heard of an ex-pat who recently married and noticed on something he signed on marriage that apart from taking care of his wife, he must also take care of her family.
If that was a wind-up, good one. But just on the safe side I have just been through every piece of paper I could find with anything to do with my marriage - found nothing remotely resembling that requirement. But it does remind us to always read the small print.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.