Me and My Family

Old Dec 15th 2016, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Me and My Family

Gazza,

This is true.....but I will give them credit for returning the bikes after use. At least they do not use fuel where they will ask for petrol money to borrow them. But, if my bike is not here when I want to use it....then I will be a bit peeved. And my lovely lady will be informed accordingly.

Just come back from the beach btw after a few swift halfs. Messaged my lovely lady to say I am off to the beach whilst she enjoys the basketball with waddly and sloth and she joined me 10 mins later. She said she wanted to watch the talent contest after the basketball. No problem for me. I said I would stay on the beach and watch the live band. She is now at home guarding me.......

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:27 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt your lovely lady wouldn't mind you spending 10k to take some females to Boracay either....
Damn, hadn't thought of that, that could be the cause of the mother of all Pinay Pouts. When I am feeling brave or drunk enough I might try that. Then I will be able to tell you all how divorce system works in the Philippines.
We have two bikes.
I think you maybe able to rephrase that soon by the sounds of things into 'We had two bikes'

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:07 am.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Her father paid me 1k for the e-juice the other day which surprised me actually. The cost was 1.4k actually and he said he would pay the balance next day. Think he meets next year. So, my cunning plan to save 300 peso for bottles of e-juice has gone astray. Will just add that to the bill for next time he wants some. As I have said before....money is not the issue. Its the principle.
, I would stock up on what ever goes in an e-cigarette, looks like it might be banned ( Government backs ban on e-cigarettes | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com ) due to health reasons.

Old Dec 20th 2016, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that info Stokkevn. I was aware of that because I also read the Philippine Star on line. However, it makes me wonder where the Governments priorities are... surely there are more pressing matters in the Philippines. Also, there is no evidence that e-cigs are dangerous to health....except maybe the flavoured variety. Just stuff and nonsense as far as I am concerned. It was e-cigs that got me off smoking tobacco.

Earlier I expressed my concerns about travelling a million miles by road and ferry to enjoy Xmas for 5 wondrous days with my lovely lady and family. Seems that no longer appears the case. She dropped it into a conversation on what she would cook for our Xmas dinner. Also, no mention of the days away. Seems I have been spared that ordeal. Guess she took notice of my grave reservations when the idea was mooted a couple of months ago. Bless her.

Jewelry not been sent for repair yet. Perhaps she is thinking I might forget about it. I wont.

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:27 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2016, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that info Stokkevn. I was aware of that because I also read the Philippine Star on line. However, it makes me wonder where the Governments priorities are... surely there are more pressing matters in the Philippines. Also, there is no evidence that e-cigs are dangerous to health....except maybe the flavoured variety. Just stuff and nonsense as far as I am concerned. It was e-cigs that got me off smoking tobacco.
Call me a cynic but next year there will be a P30 sin tax put on a packet of cigarettes, maybe this is just a money raising scheme by getting people to go back to them.

Old Dec 21st 2016, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

steve18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Stokkevn,

Pilson is actually quite good....but I prefer Red Horse. Guess I will have to admit to her that she is driving me to drink. Joking actually, but as I might have mentioned before, I drink a fair amount of water during the day and a couple of bottles of Red Horse is a great thirst quencher. That's my excuse....and I am sticking by it. No doubt your lovely lady wouldn't mind you spending 10k to take some females to Boracay either....

It is the start of Xmas festivities here and no doubt she will want to go to a few of them. I am not particularly interested so she will go with her sisters. Which leaves her in a quandary. She hates leaving me alone because she thinks I will get up to no good. Like having a couple of beers for instance on the beach. Now, she used to have duplicate keys for the gate and house but mysteriously "lost" them a few days ago
which means she takes the originals and I am effectively stuck here. But now I retain the keys after letting her out of the gate. She doesn't like that and has questioned that but she knows I can escape. Which I am now doing. Personally, I think its good that we are not in each others pockets all the time. She hates me going out alone. Sadly.

We have two bikes. She insisted they were locked up in our compound under lock and key which is no problem. They might get stolen she says. Even though our gate is always looked. But because waddly sister now wants to borrow hers and sloth sister wants to borrow mine at random times.....they are now left unlocked. Seems that security is no longer an issue. And the old maxim applies....if God gave you a gift, then you must share. But it gets up my nose when they borrow my bike....without even asking.

Right....off to the beach for a few swift halfs. She and her two sisters have gone to watch basketball.

Regards
TAKE THE SADDLE OFF. she might smile for once lol

Old Dec 23rd 2016, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Today the missus said she was not feeling well and asked me to look up on the internet her symptoms ( which were many ), I knew it was a bad idea but humoured her anyway, as soon as I open the web site she immediately saw at least 5 diseases that she was convinced she had so off to the village medical center we went with her mumbling about insulin and heart transplants. We went in and saw the doctor ( who I like as he is a plain speaking guy ) and he listened patiently to all her complaints, when she had finished he told her to stand up, looked her up and down and said "You are getting fat, go on a diet, take more exercise and all your symptoms will go away. Next!". So that's him off the Christmas card list. Very quiet on the walk home.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

robbo462003 is an unknown quantity at this point

HaHahahaha
Old Dec 27th 2016, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Hope you all had a great Xmas!

Last year I was asked to sponsor a street party for the local kids which I gladly did a few days before Xmas. On Xmas eve the family came to the house and prepared food and a feast was had. This included karaoke and much beer. On the stroke of midnight, gifts were given out to the mother, father and an Uncle. There was much mirth and merriment. Xmas Day, I did my Santa bit for the kids

This year, it was completely different. No Xmas decorations in the house and no pre-Xmas street party. Saw none of the family Xmas eve or Xmas day. They did not get any gifts from me or my lovely lady. Certainly I was never prompted to buy any. Instead, me and my lovely lady spent Xmas Day at a local resort which was great.

I think the difference is because the relationship dynamics between us has changed. The family were supposed to be going a million miles away for 5 days over Xmas. They never went and I have no idea why. I wonder if I have committed a faux paux by not getting them presents? As one American actor once said......"Frankly....I don't give a damn".

Wishing you all a happy and safe New Year!

Regards

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 24th 2017 at 2:46 am.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 2:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Wishing you all a happy and safe New Year!
...and to you and yours

Have a wonderful 2017.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:08 am.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
Surely if you are renting the house, repairs are down to the landlord? Glad you say you've got a grip on it.
Make sure the documents your GF is signing are signed in HER name , not YOURS, otherwise you may find you're on the hook for the payments when he stops paying them. Then it's johnny Foreigner against a filipino - and that's odds on in their favour!
A budget is a good idea - maybe give her an allowance and tell her that's it. No more money.
Maybe you'll find one of her relatives becomes very ill and has no money to pay doctor or medicines. Can you "loan" her X thousand please. In Tagalog , "loan" means "give'.
if you think it may be true then ask for the medical bills and pay them direct. No itemised bills , no money.
Boy, the learning curve is getting steeper!
Keep your eyes open and your wits around you.

Enjoy having fun.
Giving a set budget monthly to your wife is the best idea, and any request just direct to her; give her a bit extra in that budget so she can decide who she wants to help. Over time ( hopefully) family members will learn to stop asking you. Let her manage that budget once established, if she knows that generally she cant ask for more, she will probably manage the family situation better than you can.

Any amount you pay family members for anything will be padded to some extent, one way or another.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 15th 2018 at 2:49 am.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Hope you all had a great Xmas!

Last year I was asked to sponsor a street party for the local kids which I gladly did a few days before Xmas. On Xmas eve the family came to the house and prepared food and a feast was had. This included karaoke and much beer. On the stroke of midnight, gifts were given out to the mother, father and an Uncle. There was much mirth and merriment. Xmas Day, I did my Santa bit for the kids

This year, it was completely different. No Xmas decorations in the house and no pre-Xmas street party. Saw none of the family Xmas eve or Xmas day. They did not get any gifts from me or my lovely lady. Certainly I was never prompted to buy any. Instead, me and my lovely lady spent Xmas Day at a local resort which was great.
I always do something for the kids in the village, this year it was a breakfast/brunch deal due to the impending typhoon. My wife hates me getting involved because I always wind the kids/parents up ( as for some stupid reason they always believe what I say ). This year was no different, it was BBQ beef. Knowing most kids have never tasted beef before, I printed out a picture of a reindeer and when asked what it was I just produced the picture, some kids did not see the funny side as they went crying to their parents say that Father Xmas was not coming next year because I had cooked Rudolph. The parents got their revenge by eating all my Xmas cake which my wife had told them I had put a 1/3rd bottle of brandy into. The dogs did their usual double act, one bumps the kid and the other grabs what falls off their plates.

Xmas afternoon was spent with a bottle of plonk and the crumbs from the Xmas cake tin.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 24th 2017 at 2:46 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Xmas and New Year celebrations are over....back to normality. Thankfully.

New year celebrations were a lot quieter compared to last years booze inspired partying. But I expected that. Except for the impromptu firework display in my garden which I never knew was planned. The next morning I found 5 shell shocked rabbits huddled in a corner who normally have free reign of the grounds. Also a suspicious looking object floating in the pond. It looked like a "floater". A few tentative prods with a long stick did not help identification. The fish seem to like it anyway. I watched a few live concert dvds with the old boy (lovely lady's father) and knocked back a few swift half's to the beat of German Industrial music. Guess we must have toasted everyone and anything significant and otherwise. Memory is a haze on that. The others indulged in food and selfies outside, with worm boy trying for a world record on how much he can stuff inside himself. Kids mainly stayed outside...think its because Rammstein and Combichrist scares the hell out of them. Kept a discreet eye on them in case they wanted to insert sticks into the rabbits back sides and wave them about like trophies. No idea what time it finished....but I was dreading the next day. A family trip to the beach.

I hate the beach they like to visit. Nothing there except dog excrement and vicious red ants. Importantly....no watering hole. I was brave enough to begin to suggest that I stayed at home but as I saw the Pinay Stare getting bigger and bigger....common sense took over. Its only once a year after all. Flat back truck was obtained from somewhere and off we went. It was packed to the gunnels with everything you could imagine. Including many buckets of rice and fish heads. Alas...no beer. The beach was heaving with bodies and men in various stages of intoxication. After unpacking with worm boy sampling everything on offer and the usual selfies for Face-book....I wandered off to amuse myself. As you do. I noted that the run down WC which is usually ankle deep in urine was boarded up. But it had now become a home for a few unfortunates. They kept having visitors which I suspect were being supplied with illicit substances. I declined an invitation to go inside.

Walked around the beach a few times....mainly to stop being attacked by red ants. Had to keep an eye out for dog pooh and I can now Moon Walk better than Michael Jackson. There were a number of casualties from the broken glass strewn about. I carried out numerous surveys in my boredom. Barcelona appears to be the favourite football team judging from the shirts I saw and women appear to prefer feeding babies from the left breast. Waddly sister didn't even come in the top 20 of fat women I saw. I noted later that she had the gait of a sumo wrestler when she waddled down to the sea. How her thighs don't catch fire is an on going mystery. I asked my lovely lady where the WC was....and she lip pointed to the sea. I was rather disturbed to see her and waddly plus mother standing waist deep in the sea later on. Motionless....well almost I guess. Went for a swim with my lovely lady keeping my mouth closed which was all rather jolly.....until it began to drizzle with rain. Then we had to get out quick. Rain is dangerous if you remember. Don't worry about the 100's of people relieving themselves in the sea. My lovely lady went and bought some Red Horse for the men folk. Bless her. The highlight of the day.

She has a brother who has a limited command of English which seems to consist of..."You OK?" Guess he must have inquired about my well-being about 50 times during the day. Each time I went for a wander having thought of another survey to be done, she gave me a list of commandments of what not to do. This was mainly not to drink Emperador and don't speak to drunk men. I didn't. She can smell Emperador on my lips at 50 metres. Had a bit of food later and still cannot understand the liking of bucket fulls of cold rice. Worm boy excelled himself....guess he broke a few records that day.

Actually, in retrospect it turned out not too bad a day. That was after my lovely lady bought a few litres of Red Horse that is. Shame that the flat backed truck wouldn't start on the way home. And it hosed down with rain on the way back. I was in the cab with the old boy. Dry.

I think my lovely lady was pleased I came eventually. Me too. We had an early night.

Best wishes to all....have a happy and safe New Year!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:28 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

And a Happy New Year to you ! Please keep up the saga during 2017 as it gives a lot of pleasure to some of us silly old idiots. Our New year was a lot quieter! A couple of beers and watching the fireworks over Cebu City, then bed by 12.30am! AAAH, the joys of getting old!

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:08 am.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings again,

Things are not good here....She is complaining that she is being treated like a maid, but I suspect that is just an excuse.

Couple of days ago she had to do the clothes washing and for the rest of the day was "tired". Prompt FB postings. Because she was too tired to cook lunch, I took her out instead for something to eat. Later, we did our usual walk to the beach in early evening and when we got back....was too tired to cook dinner. This by the way normally consists of toast and jam. I was not happy and suggested she told me whilst at the beach and I could have got something there. She lay in the bedroom doing her dying swan routine and I had a banana and another beer and watched a dvd. Unknown to me at the time, she posted she had a fever and proved that by posting selfies of her laying on the bed looking ill. During the evening, she noticed me having a beer.....banana had been eaten....and went off on a sulk. Ok, I must admit we had a few with friends on the beach (she didn't appear tired or ill then....but was a bit quiet which she normally is when foreigners get chatting). Switched on fb before I went to bed and got a message to say that she was leaving me. She didn't like being treated like a maid and thought I should not have had another beer when she was not feeling very well.

Next morning, she left with a message to say that someone will pick up her clothes etc later. Long story short....she returned later that night. But it was punctuated with fb posts that she was free at last and she had a fever.

All appeared fine again until this morning. She was washing clothes and posted on fb that she was being treated as a maid again. I sat down and had a talk with her after a quiet walk this morning to the beach. She does not like to use the washing machine and seems she cannot afford to pay someone to do the washing. She gets 39k per month to pay the bills of which 8k is her personal allowance. She earns an undisclosed sum from her on-line jewelry shop. She states that her 8k allowance is gone after she has paid her 2.5k for her very expensive phone, 2k rent for her family and 3k for a very large tv she bought. (We didn't need that...because we already have a 42" tv). Her spending not mine. And I have told her that the TV should have been paid off last year. It was brought on a 12 month installment plan.

I gave her a solution. Her father has a prescription of 2k pm for medicines and I give 3k to cover that. I suggested also that we give the prescription to a Generics Pharmacy where it would be cheaper. This where I get my prescription medicines. That should be the problem solved. But it shouldn't be a problem anyway....39k per month should be more than enough for the two of us.

But I think there is something else and the washing clothes is just a symptom of a problem she has. No idea what it is. Or am I just using her as a maid? You tell me.

But, I am coming to the end of my tether with this nonsense. Maybe the New Year will be a new chapter in my life. We shall see...

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:29 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.