Me and My Family

Old Oct 9th 2016, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Me and My Family

No....fortunately not. I intercepted a message before she could see that I have a thread here on this site.

I think she is checking my messages etc to make sure I do not have a secret gf or that I am planning to go back to the UK. Even after 18 months here, she still thinks I will be legging it back to the UK to get back with the ex.

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:15 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

robbo462003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Peter when are you planning to marry your lovely lady and get your 13a Visa?
Old Oct 12th 2016, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Salutations and seasons greetings to all,

Robbo. No idea at the moment about marrying. Currently at the decree nisi stage and once I get the decree absolute then she will be wanting me to marry her. I would prefer to live in sin as it were, but if that's what she wants...... She wants to hire one of the resorts here to have the wedding on the beach. Also to hire all the chalets etc for wedding guests. I will try and persuade her to have it done at the city hall. Bit cheaper and quicker. She wants to go to the Maldives for honeymoon. I will try and persuade her to settle for a few days in one of the resorts here. Yes...best of luck with that I hear you say.

No idea if my lovely lady is borderline neurotic or perhaps all pinays are made this way. Everything has to be done now....instantly. If we are going somewhere by bus....we have to be an hour early. If she is notified money is being sent to Palawan from a customer, she has to go that moment. She sometimes gets there before the money arrives. This can happen 2 or 3 times a day. Why doesn't she just wait until near closing time and pick up the lot in one go? Tracking a package was a bane. Normally she has numerous items being delivered and I have to check each one about 10 times a day. She does that herself now thankfully on one of three phones she uses. If I send an e.mail on her behalf, she asks about 10 times a day if there is a response. Any complaint she has, I have to send an "angry" e.mail or visit a store with an "angry" face. I don't of course which doesn't go down too well with her. We sometimes invite a few people over in the evening for dinner about 5.00. This means the table is set at 12.00 midday. We don't have lunch because she is too busy with the dinner preparations. This in effect means every hour she resets the table...or moves the table....or changes the chairs around. She plonks ice in a container about an hour before the guests are due. This is all melted within a quick time. I get the dire warning of not to drink too much (as if!) and I have to wear specially selected clothes. And so it all goes on.....

I was rather miffed the other night. Her family seems only to visit when they want something. Normally, she just hands over a small amount of cash. Or her uncle comes over wanting some e.juice, or has a problem with the e.cig. He does this for her father who rarely comes over because he owes me money I reckon. Anyway, uncle comes round and I thought it was something to do with e.cigs. It wasn't. He said he wanted two bottles of Red Horse. I was surprised at the cheek of it all. There was no "please may we have" etc.. Ok, a small amount of cash or food is ok....but my beer! Maybe I am being harsh or tight. Anyway, I gave him two bottles out of shock I guess but stated that would be the last time. Sadly, the word parasites are coming to mind. And that is definitely not right. The straw breaking the camels back....and all that.

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:17 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I get the dire warning of not to drink too much (as if!) and I have to wear specially selected clothes.
My missus used to do this until we were invited to the mayors party a few years ago. We had been there about half an hour when she came rushing over to me and whispered through gritted teeth "You haven't got any underpants on", I replied "I know, you did not put any out for me to wear". Since then I have been allowed to dress myself.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:01 am.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

robbo462003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good afternoon
I assume then your there on a tourist visa and subject to visa run periodically. From what you describe about your lovely ladies neurosis I think it is all part of pinay culture.

I returned to UK September 30th after a month visiting my g/f and all her 28 immediate family members for the first time. She is a beautiful young lady 23 years old and our relationship is her first. I can hear your thinking WTF is a 23 year old doing with a 69 year old man and is the old guy Doolally? Well I must be Doolally as I love her to bits. I know only too well having been married to a pinay for 10 years before that her & her families acceptance of me is due mainly to them viewing me as the Rich Foreigner. But I have my eyes -wide -open and honestly I don`t care what others think.

Old Oct 12th 2016, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Salutations and seasons greetings to all,

Robbo. No idea at the moment about marrying. Currently at the decree nisi stage and once I get the decree absolute then she will be wanting me to marry her. I would prefer to live in sin as it were, but if that's what she wants...... She wants to hire one of the resorts here to have the wedding on the beach. Also to hire all the chalets etc for wedding guests. I will try and persuade her to have it done at the city hall. Bit cheaper and quicker. She wants to go to the Maldives for honeymoon. I will try and persuade her to settle for a few days in one of the resorts here. Yes...best of luck with that I hear you say.

How the other half live !!

Old Oct 13th 2016, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbo462003
Good afternoon
I assume then your there on a tourist visa and subject to visa run periodically. From what you describe about your lovely ladies neurosis I think it is all part of pinay culture.

I returned to UK September 30th after a month visiting my g/f and all her 28 immediate family members for the first time. She is a beautiful young lady 23 years old and our relationship is her first. I can hear your thinking WTF is a 23 year old doing with a 69 year old man and is the old guy Doolally? Well I must be Doolally as I love her to bits. I know only too well having been married to a pinay for 10 years before that her & her families acceptance of me is due mainly to them viewing me as the Rich Foreigner. But I have my eyes -wide -open and honestly I don`t care what others think.
You just have to remember about relationships where there is an age gap. Men are as old as they feel, women are as old as they look before breakfast.

I will now crawl back into my shell while the women members of this site take pot shots at me.

Old Oct 13th 2016, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
You just have to remember about relationships where there is an age gap. Men are as old as they feel, women are as old as they look before breakfast.
Not heard the second line before.

For those celebrating 40 year age gaps, well done you guys. I envy you.

My post retirement girlfriend isn't even born yet - that's how long I have got to wait to retire.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Not heard the second line before.

For those celebrating 40 year age gaps, well done you guys. I envy you.

My post retirement girlfriend isn't even born yet - that's how long I have got to wait to retire.
For a 40 year age gap I'm not even born yet....
Old Oct 28th 2016, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings.

I have been constantly told that age is just a number. But it does feel strange being older than my lovely ladies parents!

Nothing much to report here except the odd moan about scrounging...

I provide her father an allowance for his maintenance drugs at 3k pm. His prescriptive drugs comes to 2.3k pm and he collects them from the Pharmacy as and when required. My lovely lady settles up at the pharmacy once a month. I mentioned a little while ago that the bill keeps getting bigger and bigger. Last month it was 3.4k. This month it came to 4.3k. She was livid and I don't blame her. I think he and the family are taking the p**s out of us. So she was 1.3k out of pocket. I wouldn't be surprised if we are providing drugs not just for him but for all and sundry. Maybe he is collecting money for the drugs also. But that's my conspiracy theory mind working overtime. Anyway, she is going to refuse to pay their rent this month (1k)....well done her.

Her father wanted to borrow 1k from her the other day. It was to support her sister who is away from home at the moment and living it up at a 14 day festival. She is the one we both supported her 4 yr college course and now has a degree. She has not worked since her graduation in March. My lovely lady was livid with him and refused. Well done her again. I think he dare not ask me. He still owes me money. The sister has now come back home again and whiling her time with her I-phone.

Her father came around the other day which means he wants something. He keeps asking for e-cig supplies such as batteries, juice etc. Anyway, I had run out of parts so he acquired a cheap e-cig. But he "forgot" to buy juice. Yeah right. Luckily, I had some old e-juice which was given to me a few years ago. Coffee flavoured and nil nicotine. it is ghastly stuff. I hope he enjoys it.

Like most of you I'm sure....I am willing and pleased to help anyone. But when they try to take advantage then they no longer get sympathy from me.

My lovely lady did a strange thing a couple of weeks ago. Without any warning or consultation, she started to wall paper the lounge and bedroom. I preferred the white interior....makes it light and airy. Most Philippine houses are dark inside which I dislike. Anyway, we now have a blue interior. And her handiwork is interesting to say the least. Ok, she paid for it herself and wanted no help from me.....but I do wish she consults me sometimes. Again. Living like a pet mushroom. Kept in the dark and fed on you know what.

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:18 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

My lovely lady did a strange thing a couple of weeks ago. Without any warning or consultation, she started to wall paper the lounge and bedroom. I preferred the white interior....makes it light and airy. Most Philippine houses are dark inside which I dislike. Anyway, we now have a blue interior. And her handiwork is interesting to say the least. Ok, she paid for it herself and wanted no help from me.....but I do wish she consults me sometimes. Again. Living like a pet mushroom. Kept in the dark and fed on you know what.
I hope your gf has used a high grade wall paper paste, a friend papered his living room and the photos of it looked very good, that was until we had had several days of high humidity and he found a few piles of paper on the floor, by the end of the day nearly all of it had peeled off.

On a different subject my missus uses the microwave as a sort of food cabinet, I am always having to take something out before I can warm anything up. The other day I took some fish thing out of there and popped in my food and a couple of minutes later - full blast for 3 minutes. When I took it out there was small popcorn everywhere. Further investigation confirmed that it was ants that had found their way in there, initially, I assume after the wife's fish thing. On the plus side, they don't taste bad.

Old Oct 31st 2016, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings,

Stokkevn, No paste required. Its the type that you peel the backing off and affix to the wall. In the Philippines it appears that it does not matter if the pattern does not line up or you do not need to wallpaper behind furniture. If and when we have to move out of here c/w furniture interesting decisions will have to be made about the gaps left behind. And no, there are no spare rolls left to cover up spaces.

Worm boy has moved out...for the moment that is. His mother waddly sister has acquired a new bf and her son has disowned her. I think its all to do with his father who mistreated his waddly mother. He works in Manila and visits when he has time off. Not been formally introduced yet but he seems ok. If he moves in permanently, I shall start charging rent etc.

Waddly sister has got herself into a bit of bother. She takes care of the money at the school she works at and I found out that she loans it out with interest presumably. Misuse of public money we call it in the UK. Anyway, she lent out 10k and the lender cannot repay. It needs to be repaid pretty soon and she is in panic mode. I call it Karma. But oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Sometimes lovely lady sees things on fb she wants to buy but a credit card or paypal is required. So I buy it for her and she repays when she can. This time I was horrified to see she wanted a karaoke machine which plugs into the tv. I then vividly imagined half of her family visiting to have a go at karaoke and disturbing the peace and quiet that we have here. Had to think quick on my feet with that one. But I could not purchase it because for some unknown reason which will remain a mystery to her, Paypal did not recognize my password. I was crestfallen.

She has not paid the rent this month but holding onto it until we get a visit from the landlady. Nothing has been planned. Not sure how to view that bearing in mind the past history. Her husband works in M East somewhere and apparently their wages have been frozen for some time. I did read about this. This is the reason why the landlady wanted the rent urgently in the past. But if she does not collect before the next month is due, I am minded to pay her myself......when she visits.

All for now and still smiling about pop corn ants!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:18 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

No paste required. Its the type that you peel the backing off and affix to the wall.
I have seen that Blue Peter paper ( sticky back plastic ) but did not realise it was wall paper
In the Philippines it appears that it does not matter if the pattern does not line up or you do not need to wallpaper behind furniture.
Having lived in the Middle East and had my living room painted, only to find out afterwards that the quote did not cover painting behind the curtains, it does not surprise me.
This time I was horrified to see she wanted a karaoke machine which plugs into the tv. I then vividly imagined half of her family visiting to have a go at karaoke and disturbing the peace and quiet that we have here. Had to think quick on my feet with that one. But I could not purchase it because for some unknown reason which will remain a mystery to her, Paypal did not recognize my password. I was crestfallen.
Avoid karaoke at all costs, unfortunately I bought one for the missus before I realised what was to ensue, great gatherings of family and friends who between them could not hit a note with a 12 bore. I even had a police friend, who brought a few of his buddies as well, come round to the house and arrest them all for "Murdering" a song, missus not best please as she thought I was taking the p*** out of their singing ( who me?? ), although some of her friends thought it was hilarious. As did the police who just to confirm their joviality joined in the karaoke and polished off a case of beer in the process and then went back to work to catch proper criminals.
All for now and still smiling about pop corn ants!
With enough of them you do not need any vinegar, but still not as good as Heinz malt.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:02 am.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

For those living in rural areas now is the time to watch out, the snakes are about. With the rains we have had lately many of their happy hunting grounds are flooded and they are looking for dryer places to sleep and hunt, namely my house and garden. In the last week I have had a 2m long python in the 1st floor guttering, last night the missus found a Brown Snake over a meter long in the bathroom, instead of chucking a towel on it and getting me, she legged it shutting the door behind and left it till this morning to tell me about it, don't think she saw the one inch gap under the door, so we now have a large brown snake somewhere in the house, this is obviously a disadvantage as there are plenty of places it could hide. On the positive side she has moved in with her cousin until I catch it, so today was spent relaxing on the sofa with a beer, I will start tomorrow - maybe.

Last edited by Stokkevn; Nov 5th 2016 at 12:40 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

To continue the snake in the bathroom saga, my missus moved back in on Monday after I told her that the beast had been caught and released in a local rice field. In truth despite a relatively thorougher search I never found it. If she sees it again she will hardly recognise it and blame me for not getting rid of it, it will just be another one that looks a bit like the one in the bathroom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.