Me and My Family

Old Sep 27th 2021, 5:06 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

I expect the family to stop enquiring after P11 in about a year...😆😆😆

Old Sep 28th 2021, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EnglishRed
It would probably be cheaper to do a visa run, 70k is £1000 per year and with the problems you have had you don't want to fall foul of the law. I guess it depends on the situation regarding covid protocols and quarantine measures. At the moment you probably wouldn't be allowed back in to the Philippines.

Might be worth looking into SSRV, not sure of the absolute minimum deposit required. as it can vary, but worth checking out at least.
Its either 10,000 USD if you can show a pension of US$ 1,000 per month or usd 20,000 to be deposited , with money shown to have come from outside Philippines. Applications are currently proceeding. I have the SRRV and it was excellent pre covid, now, less valuable, but still means easy to live here with no issues of Immigration concerns at all.
Without nowing the situation, but having read of his limited finiances its possible these sums are outside of Philosophicals budget.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings....

Thanks for your continued interest and comments.

There have been a number of posts concerning SRRV. Thanks English Red, B and Freebie.

Yes, the cost would be 10k USD for someone like me which is well out of my price range at the moment.. But certainly worth considering in the future. I am told that ex US Military can obtain a substantial discount under a scheme involving military association from any nation with the Philippines. I dont know if the UK has any military links however tenuous but worth looking into in due course. I suspect our 2 year foray into the Philippines a few hundred years wont count!

Just to clarify. If I left the Philippines today and returned to the UK, I would be faced with a bill approaching £2000 for quarantine costs etc. So 72k php seems good value for a 9g visa for one year. After one year I would see how it hangs and decide accordingly.

Moving on....

Court Hearing was today and I had to wait 4 hours poised like a coil spring awaiting to be called forward. It appears to me that a filipinos day goes something like this.....8 hours sleep, 8 hours work, and 8 hours waiting...waiting....and waiting. My attorney and Prosecutor manifested to the judge of a settlement agreement between me and WW and he promptly cancelled the Hearing and rescheduled 2 more dates in November. I cannot remember the dates and my attorney will advise me later. I am assuming that the dates are to allow the formulation of an agreement to put before the court. But I am guessing. I have asked my attorney to clarify which I am sure she will do in her own good time, WW was not at the Hearing and contacted me cordially whilst I was waiting to see what was going on.

Regards
Old Sep 28th 2021, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings....

Thanks for your continued interest and comments.

There have been a number of posts concerning SRRV. Thanks English Red, B and Freebie.

Yes, the cost would be 10k USD for someone like me which is well out of my price range at the moment.. But certainly worth considering in the future. I am told that ex US Military can obtain a substantial discount under a scheme involving military association from any nation with the Philippines. I dont know if the UK has any military links however tenuous but worth looking into in due course. I suspect our 2 year foray into the Philippines a few hundred years wont count!

Just to clarify. If I left the Philippines today and returned to the UK, I would be faced with a bill approaching £2000 for quarantine costs etc. So 72k php seems good value for a 9g visa for one year. After one year I would see how it hangs and decide accordingly.

Moving on....

Court Hearing was today and I had to wait 4 hours poised like a coil spring awaiting to be called forward. It appears to me that a filipinos day goes something like this.....8 hours sleep, 8 hours work, and 8 hours waiting...waiting....and waiting. My attorney and Prosecutor manifested to the judge of a settlement agreement between me and WW and he promptly cancelled the Hearing and rescheduled 2 more dates in November. I cannot remember the dates and my attorney will advise me later. I am assuming that the dates are to allow the formulation of an agreement to put before the court. But I am guessing. I have asked my attorney to clarify which I am sure she will do in her own good time, WW was not at the Hearing and contacted me cordially whilst I was waiting to see what was going on.

Regards
Lots of other countries you could go to without the quarantine requirements of the UK.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Millhouse agreed but he would not be allowed to return under the current entry rules.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

3 most used words in Philippines...."wait lang po ".....when in doubt as to what to do, everyone will tell you to wait....

no " im sorry let me check if that product is here."
no." that medicine isnt available but I dont want to tell you no so let me pretend to look"
Yes " I dont want to do what you are asking me to do now so cant you just WWWWWait lang po " and maybe I might think about doing this another time
Yes " Hello can I speak to Mr XYZ.. OMG hes talking English and I dont know what to do.. ah when in doubt give him the old " wait lang po" he might just hang up and go away.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Millhouse agreed but he would not be allowed to return under the current entry rules.
Ah, makes sense.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebie
no." that medicine isnt available but I dont want to tell you no so let me pretend to look"
I know this one to be correct, I went into Watsons and asked if they had a cream, pharmacist went on the computer and then asked how may I wanted, I replied "One", pharmacist "Sorry Sir we don't have any"
Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Might be worth investigating as the Philippines and the UK have quite a few agreements on tax, pension, trade etc
Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Might be worth investigating as the Philippines and the UK have quite a few agreements on tax, pension, trade etc
In conversations read in passing I get the impression that the UK does count. Deposit is about $1500 and fees about $1400. Look up a youtube channel Philippines info channel, he seems heavily involved in SRRVs.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
In conversations read in passing I get the impression that the UK does count. Deposit is about $1500 and fees about $1400. Look up a youtube channel Philippines info channel, he seems heavily involved in SRRVs.
Now THAT is excellent information! The power of BE.... When I am called forward to BI to renew my Visa after my Motion of Reconsideration is approved I will ask about that. Seems all my Xmas's and birthdays have all come at once in the last week or so.

Thanks 👍

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Sep 28th 2021 at 10:30 am.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Now THAT is excellent information! The power of BE.... When I am called forward to BI to renew my Visa after my Motion of Reconsideration is approved I will ask about that. Seems all my Xmas's and birthdays have all come at once
Thanks 👍
You need to talk to the PRA, BI are not involved and unlikely to be helpful.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

You need to talk to the PRA, BI are not involved and unlikely to be helpful.
However do remember where you are.... you can talk to them but its not guaranteed that you will get the " correct " information.
Pre Covid it was agents who knew much more than the PRA staff especially as to how the the visa in an expedited function.

Do not accept the first answer as The Answer to your question and do look for information on all the various expat boards. Research will be your friend and guide

And have fun getting the Police clearance from UK which has to be apostilled before Philippines Embassy in UK will accept it....Been there and done that.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by freebie
However do remember where you are.... you can talk to them but its not guaranteed that you will get the " correct " information.
Pre Covid it was agents who knew much more than the PRA staff especially as to how the the visa in an expedited function.

Do not accept the first answer as The Answer to your question and do look for information on all the various expat boards. Research will be your friend and guide

And have fun getting the Police clearance from UK which has to be apostilled before Philippines Embassy in UK will accept it....Been there and done that.
I thought once you had been in the Philippines for more than 6 months you needed a local police report, not your home country.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought once you had been in the Philippines for more than 6 months you needed a local police report, not your home country.
When I did mine I had been in the country for a year and they asked for both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.