Me and My Family

Old Jul 20th 2021, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by mikek1
You would think that all the information would be available at the press of a keyboard…..fully computerized.
I am sure it is... but only if they want to. Bi is starved of revenue right now with the ban on tourists. They have to make it up somehow methinks.

It is a nonsense anyway. Just showing your last receipt should show that you are fully paid up. Also it is them that have run out stickers for your passport as a cost saving exercise. The stickers are proof of payment.

Regards
Old Jul 20th 2021, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
You would think that all the information would be available at the press of a keyboard…..fully computerized.
Unfortunately a press of a keyboard does not access the filing cabinet with thousands of bits of paper, all signed in triplicate. Fully computerised is just a pipe dream here, our local police rely on paper finger prints as digital ( no pun intended ) are not available. So finger prints from a crime committed 10km away will not be available here.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
I am sure it is... but only if they want to. Bi is starved of revenue right now with the ban on tourists. They have to make it up somehow methinks.

It is a nonsense anyway. Just showing your last receipt should show that you are fully paid up. Also it is them that have run out stickers for your passport as a cost saving exercise. The stickers are proof of payment.

Regards
They ran out of car "tax disk" stickers here years ago here, but they still charge full price for not providing them.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of thousands of bits of paper I wonder if any poor clerk has been given the job of recording the information for a particular date and time from those contact tracing paper slips or ledgers we have to fill out in retail establishments? And has anyone been given the thankless task of ringing people up? You would think there would have been a few incidents by now, yet no reports of any action.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Today found out that if you're registered with Comelec in one LGU and move to another you have to do all the form filling and biometrics anew.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Raffin
Today found out that if you're registered with Comelec in one LGU and move to another you have to do all the form filling and biometrics anew.
You did not expect it to be automatic did you. Here paper is king, everything copied 5 times and everything signed in triplicate. If it was done online or automatic how would they get the extra tip from the express lane fee.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Interesting. I also found out recently that when WW was jailed over night for the theft of jewelry in the big city... that was where the record stayed in the big city. I thought that such info would be notified to NBI which could affect any clearance she required. Similar to the theft of rent money in the little big city.. So it appears that the province has a serial thief ...and little is known about it. Which begs the question .... what is the purpose of NBI?

When I was arrested and placed into custody I also had digital fingerprints taken. A different province where I am now. I thought at the time that my finger prints would be on a national data system... but from what I read on an earlier post that does not appear to be the case.

The Philippines is an archipelago. Their data collection system appears to be as fragmented as the country itself.

Regards

Old Jul 21st 2021, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone surprised?
Old Jul 21st 2021, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Interesting. I also found out recently that when WW was jailed over night for the theft of jewelry in the big city... that was where the record stayed in the big city. I thought that such info would be notified to NBI which could affect any clearance she required. Similar to the theft of rent money in the little big city.. So it appears that the province has a serial thief ...and little is known about it. Which begs the question .... what is the purpose of NBI?

When I was arrested and placed into custody I also had digital fingerprints taken. A different province where I am now. I thought at the time that my finger prints would be on a national data system... but from what I read on an earlier post that does not appear to be the case.

The Philippines is an archipelago. Their data collection system appears to be as fragmented as the country itself.

Regards
After Yolanda all the millions of aid and money distribution here was kept on one laptop and in two draws of a filing cabinet. The guy responsible for this died the next year and two days later his office was broken into and all that was stolen was a filing cabinet and a laptop, police thought just a normal robbery. Absolute chaos as people were still trying to get aid, nobody knew who had got money/aid or not. The only data collection here is that box of papers in the corner.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

Kinda reassuring such inefficiency, though annoying at times. In the UK they have massive databases based on National Insurance no. and another one based on driving licence/passport and the NI can be searched more or less by any dodgy finance company, which basically means anyone who is willing to pay a few quid via the internet. Will be even worse now we have lost the EU data protection rights. In Thailand hotels have to input guest data to the immigration computer via the internet so it is easy for Thais to follow people around. I wonder how many guys have managed to fast exit the country via the airport by putting a few thousand peso folded in their passport?
Old Aug 6th 2021, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be some type of radio silence ongoing.I do hope P11 is OK...I was sat here chuckling to myself the other day thinking that getting involved with a Pinay and her family is just like playing a board game for real.The problem with the "It's More Fun in The Philippines" game is that,if you are a foreigner,there are just too many bad squares,and not enough good squares, to land on.While the "Lose 2.5million in a corrupt property deal" square is the worst one of all, (apart from "Go to Morgue,do not pass go" ) i would find the "Caribou hit by lightning,please send family 35,000 PHP" square one of the more annoying features of the game,especially when it happens three times in a short period of time....Sorry if i sound disillusioned,but can anyone out there come up with any "good" squares that we could include in the game,because i am scratching my head here trying to come up with any...I have landed on so many "bad squares" in the past,i guess i have lost my ability to think clearly..
Old Aug 6th 2021, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jaygee68
There seems to be some type of radio silence ongoing.I do hope P11 is OK...I was sat here chuckling to myself the other day thinking that getting involved with a Pinay and her family is just like playing a board game for real.The problem with the "It's More Fun in The Philippines" game is that,if you are a foreigner,there are just too many bad squares,and not enough good squares, to land on.While the "Lose 2.5million in a corrupt property deal" square is the worst one of all, (apart from "Go to Morgue,do not pass go" ) i would find the "Caribou hit by lightning,please send family 35,000 PHP" square one of the more annoying features of the game,especially when it happens three times in a short period of time....Sorry if i sound disillusioned,but can anyone out there come up with any "good" squares that we could include in the game,because i am scratching my head here trying to come up with any...I have landed on so many "bad squares" in the past,i guess i have lost my ability to think clearly..
The good squares come from putting down ground rules from day one and sticking to them, get a proper garden fence and a dog that will eat anyone who puts their hand through the gate to open it. I am lucky ( I think ) that my missus has lived longer in the UK than I have and was dragged here screaming and kicking by me. Her family understand that if they have a desperate problem they can always come to me, maybe I will/can not solve it but I will point them to someone who can. Wife also understands that any family loans will be guaranteed using her monthly pocket money as collateral, will admit that one did take a while to sink in but now the requests have reduced by about 90% since I retired here.

To get it in prospective watch Open All Hours, when Granville wanted to live in Asia and come home in the evening from work and wave to his wife on the veranda, Arkwright replies, along with 87 of her nearest relatives, all of them on the borrow.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 8:45 pm
EG1
Banned

EG1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
The good squares come from putting down ground rules from day one and sticking to them, get a proper garden fence and a dog that will eat anyone who puts their hand through the gate to open it. I am lucky ( I think ) that my missus has lived longer in the UK than I have and was dragged here screaming and kicking by me. Her family understand that if they have a desperate problem they can always come to me, maybe I will/can not solve it but I will point them to someone who can. Wife also understands that any family loans will be guaranteed using her monthly pocket money as collateral, will admit that one did take a while to sink in but now the requests have reduced by about 90% since I retired here.

To get it in prospective watch Open All Hours, when Granville wanted to live in Asia and come home in the evening from work and wave to his wife on the veranda, Arkwright replies, along with 87 of her nearest relatives, all of them on the borrow.
Excellent post. Even better is settling far enough away from the in-laws that they can't show up whenever. No need to be hundreds of miles away, but find a sweet spot that means they have to go to enough effort and expense to visit you that they only do so on special occasions. Other good squares are warm weather and the affection of an attractive woman (or even women!) 30 years your junior, the kind who wouldn't give you a second look back home unless your net worth was many times what it is.

About the dog, good idea but keep it indoors when you go out: thieves have been known to throw poisoned meat over the fence into the garden. Let them have a nice surprise when they break the door/window.

Best of luck to P11 in upcoming hearing.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jaygee68
At least one sibling has a well paid job and is still single. The first resort.
Old Aug 7th 2021, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Id add staying happily and permanently single, owning what you own ( condo and title in your name and your name only ) and only sharing what you wish to, and finding a nice pleasant lady who might be a tad younger than oneself and enjoying a happy shared time visiting pleasant islands , beaches and other places within the country from time to time. Those would be my " good squares".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.