Me and My Family

Old Feb 19th 2021, 11:42 pm
Ten
Forum Regular

Ten is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Me and My Family

P11 Appears your situation is becoming increasingly complicated, this woman is playing for all she can get as well attempting to make life miserable.

If your intentions are to stay semi permanently in Philippines personally I would put the BI above all. In the past they have always responded to a FB question to myself, perhaps its worth a go. Last thing one needs is to get off side with them.

If it was me in your situation, a FB message short and to the point, not a long drawn out question. Try get some info, costs nothing and could be invaluable.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elgin1983
Why would you want to do that? Sounds like she was angry you weren't there last time. Imagine how apoplectic she will be second time around! If I were you I'd try and get your lawyer or her assistant to record WW's meltdown, both for your own amusement and as potential further evidence of character.
She appeared apoplectic when i informed her that I was not going to appear for the second Mediation. She went on for most of the day probably made worse because I did not reply to her messages. So at least if that subject comes up in court, I have played fair. In other words...I have covered myself.

However, a question has been raised whether or not I should or should not appear at Mediation. I have raised that with my attorney.

Ten.....

Yes you are correct. It has become complicated. Apart from the case against me, I want to sort out the Sheriff, my Small Claims, File against bigamy and divorce .

Thanks for your reference to BI. I shall probably use that avenue to ask about extending beyond my permitted stay in the Philippines. I extended my visa for the last time a few days ago and BI here did not appear to know the answer. I think I know what the procedure is, but I will post the question.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Feb 21st 2021 at 10:44 am.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

EnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
I think to try to re-enter the Philippines under that idea, I require the original marriage certificate which I dont have. However I can get a duplicate if necessary. But its an alternative plan to consider. I could of course say that I am back to reconcile with my ex,Thanks
Might be worth applying for a duplicate, you would at least discover if the marriage has been registered.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 6:16 am
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

She appeared apoplectic when i informed her that I was not going to appear for the second Mediation. She went on for most of the day probably made worse because I did not reply to her messages. So at least if that subject comes up in court, I have played fair. In other words...I have covered myself.
She would have been even more apoplectic if you had informed her on the day of the mediation, after she had travelled for ten hours. Pity.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebie
many years ago you would have been correct about philippines ferries... but to be fair many older ferries have been taken out of service.
Some, unfortunately, by sinking...
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings,

The Mediation was held yesterday and as I reported earlier I nor my attorney attended. I sent WW a message to that effect and my attorney tells me she informed the Mediation Centre stating full reasons.

I then received the customary messages from WW angry that I failed to turn up threatening a warrant of arrest will be issued. Also she stated that the Centre was not aware of our non-attendance. I informed my attorney of her messages. Prior to the Mediation, I asked my attorney on at least two occasions to confirm that the Mediation Centre was aware of our non-attendance. I never received that assurance except to say that she will chase them up.

This morning I received another message from WW. She was with Fiscal who told her that I will be held contempt of court and a warrant of arrest issued. I passed this on to my attorney who thinks she is bluffing. I hope she is right. Nonetheless I have asked her to check with the court and I am awaiting her reply. She is prone to making threats and lies but I am now unnerved by this. The prospect of being arrested and jailed and in the process losing all my bail money is something I dont want to think about.

I am due to leave the Philippines on the 19th March on a visa run. I cannot because I have criminal case against me. Pre-trial Hearing is on 28th April. I wanted to ask BI what do I need to do to remain in the Philippines. The number I rang for the past few days does not answer. I sent e.mails to two different addresses at BI. One stated that I need to apply for a Motion of Reconsideration. My local BI knows nothing about this although according to Directory of Transactions they should process. The other stated that I need to go to Manila to process but not utilising Motion of Transaction. Yes....its a bit of a muddle.

Regards

Old Mar 3rd 2021, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

P11,
Yes a dogs dinner is now being served. Many have your best interests at heart but I do fear for your future.
Your faith in your attorney is a worry. Remember that old comparison "What is the difference between a lawyer and a rat? A rat has a heart"
I'm amazed that in these times of quarantines and with all of the localised restrictions made by the power mad LGU chiefs how could you be expected to attend any mediation? Being over 65 your are under house quarantine so any attendance is breaking the quarantine rules. So what does your Perry Mason advise ???????
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, refer them to IATF resolution 79 from October 2020. Over 65s must stay at home. Ha ha!

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2...ity-quarantine
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think , very sadly Mr Philosophical is in the Branston. ( as in Pickle ) . One group will be telling him to do something, BI something else, his lawyer yet another angle and the IATF obviously espouse another view given his age.
For many of us this is like watching a car crash in slow mo... I sincerely hope there's something "over the rainbow" for Philosophical because a Filipino prison, for a gent with no money, and being over 65 is not where you want to be... the prison system in Philippines relies on the fact you have money to get someone from outside the prison to buy food, to dispense cash, to bring medications etc because if you rely on the guards...well lets just say you cant rely on the guards.
I hope his lawyer knows what she is doing , but as with all things in this occasionally maddening country, its not the lawyers of either side who count, its the judge... who may have various opinions and decisions that arent coloured by the law of the land but sometimes by the money that can be made by providing one party or the other with the the decision they wish for.
As i say, hopefully theres a better toomorrow for the gent... but cant help thinking out loud " you were told what would happen if you didnt leave, didnt take the chance to leave and now maybe you wish you had." Anywhere far away from this vindictive vache would have been better than your current situation.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I then received the customary messages from WW angry that I failed to turn up threatening a warrant of arrest will be issued. Also she stated that the Centre was not aware of our non-attendance. I informed my attorney of her messages. Prior to the Mediation, I asked my attorney on at least two occasions to confirm that the Mediation Centre was aware of our non-attendance. I never received that assurance except to say that she will chase them up.
I have not used any legal services here ( except doc authentication etc ) but your story with your lawyer seems to fall directly in line with two friends experiences. Actions were overlooked and/or not followed up in a timely manner. One resolved it by telling his lawyer that any action they are instructed or expected to take must be forwarded to him immediately the action was taken, including the backup - tel no, date & time and contact person, emails and texts to be forwarded to him. He did say after a bit of resistance in the beginning that the working relationship and efficiency improved greatly and ensured deadlines and actions were not missed.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

What a potboiler this epic tale has turned out to be.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings...

Thanks for your comments so far....

My attorney was well recommended to me by a very good foreigner friend who I have known for a number of years. I may or may not have mentioned in these exalted columns that I am growing increasingly disappointed with her and now feeling vulnerable. She was very good initially and showing active interest in my case. She was confident that there would be no problem. But recently has become tardy and seems to show little interest. Maybe she is super confident and too busy to answer mundane questions . But for the first time in this saga, I am now feeling negative of the outcome. I hope I am wrong and she can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

I am not into conspiracy theories but i find it odd that we were permitted video conference on my arraignment. But was told it was not permitted for the Mediation Hearing. My Attorney was given a number to contact the Mediation Centre.....but no reply. I tried also. The Clerk of the Court is WW attorney.

Anyway, I will give my attorney a nudge tomorrow. I dont want another surprise visit by the Sheriffs men......

Regards
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I have not used any legal services here ( except doc authentication etc ) but your story with your lawyer seems to fall directly in line with two friends experiences. Actions were overlooked and/or not followed up in a timely manner. One resolved it by telling his lawyer that any action they are instructed or expected to take must be forwarded to him immediately the action was taken, including the backup - tel no, date & time and contact person, emails and texts to be forwarded to him. He did say after a bit of resistance in the beginning that the working relationship and efficiency improved greatly and ensured deadlines and actions were not missed.
Thanks Stokkevn.....Just seen your post after I had posted.

I am in a bit of a cleft stick position. I have paid this attorney and I cannot afford another if I give her the boot. Or indeed if she could say if I dont like what she is doing .....then find another attorney.

Regards
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Stokkevn.....Just seen your post after I had posted.

I am in a bit of a cleft stick position. I have paid this attorney and I cannot afford another if I give her the boot. Or indeed if she could say if I dont like what she is doing .....then find another attorney.

Regards
I am sure that "My grandson in the UK is doing a degree in law and I am going to help out with a diary of how it all operates here so that he can do a section of how well it operates in the Philippines, might get him some extra marks" or some other BS story as to why you want to keep a log of everything going on.

It is not so much about not liking what she is doing as that I am sure is thrashed out during your meetings/tel calls with her it is just keeping track of what you both agree to do within a time frame is done, on both sides.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't run out of fuel in mid-air,P11....Before going to war in the courts over there it's best to make sure you have enough money to cover all eventualities,expected and unexpected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.