Me and My Family

Old Nov 26th 2020, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Apart from some Daily Mail utter bollocks splash page, do you have anything else to back that up?
Similar "bollocks" are in many continental papers too. Not all are gutter press. A Swiss friend told me the same. However, you sign regardless of age or comorbidity. The best survival chance gets the bed.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 7:36 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
Similar "bollocks" are in many continental papers too. Not all are gutter press. A Swiss friend told me the same. However, you sign regardless of age or comorbidity. The best survival chance gets the bed.
The particular bollocks diversion from the thread subject has since been sorted.

Should any further discussion vis-a-vis tabloids dissing the Swiss arise, please feel free to start another thread.

Last edited by BuckinghamshireBoy; Nov 26th 2020 at 7:38 pm. Reason: Forgot "arise"...
Old Nov 27th 2020, 11:41 am
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Rather looking forward to this trial, if and when it happens. I have a funny feeling that P11 will lose and end up fleeced, if not incarcerated. This will be the worst outcome for him but the best for anyone reading and considering retirement with a woman/women half their age (if that) in SE Asia. Enjoy yourself by all means, but set firm rules, don't make serious investments, and always have an escape plan.

I don't get why P11 didn't just hop over to Thailand before all this covid nonsense happened. He could have had the same lifestyle there: similar climate, beaches, fellow retired expats and plenty of young ladies to choose from. Oh well, as he has made abundantly clear, it's his life, to live however he wishes.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elgin1983
Rather looking forward to this trial, if and when it happens. I have a funny feeling that P11 will lose and end up fleeced, if not incarcerated. This will be the worst outcome for him but the best for anyone reading and considering retirement with a woman/women half their age (if that) in SE Asia. Enjoy yourself by all means, but set firm rules, don't make serious investments, and always have an escape plan.

I don't get why P11 didn't just hop over to Thailand before all this covid nonsense happened. He could have had the same lifestyle there: similar climate, beaches, fellow retired expats and plenty of young ladies to choose from. Oh well, as he has made abundantly clear, it's his life, to live however he wishes.
Unfortunately I sort of agree with you regarding the outcome of P11 court case(s). Here the cards are normally well stacked against the white man. I know of two foreigners who have been through the local court system, one lost and just managed to escape before the boarders were closed, the other won but within a week he was dead, the one thought to have killed him is now living in his house.

For me, I would have given up a long time ago and headed off to another Asian country to live out my life, a lot wiser.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

As in the Kipling tale.."The Man Who Would Be King"..a proud Englishman will stand his ground against the natives and fight until the bitter end.Dignity,Integrity and Fortitude are the passwords.Only cowards run away from situations like this.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 3:22 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaygee68
As in the Kipling tale.."The Man Who Would Be King"..a proud Englishman will stand his ground against the natives and fight until the bitter end.Dignity,Integrity and Fortitude are the passwords.Only cowards run away from situations like this.
The difference is that when Kipling was writing, Englishmen ran these places and so the natives couldn't stitch a white man up in a corrupt court.

Mind you, nowadays a white man is just as likely to get stitched up in a court in England, so go figure.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 10:57 pm
Ten
Forum Regular

Ten is an unknown quantity at this point

Not so, in this case P11 is very well aware thanks to so many advising,plus his own not inconsiderable research, the cards are stacked against him. If he wishes for what ever reason to stay and fight it we should wish him the best of British.

Although not impossible for him to succeed he would need to strike a judge whom is close to impartial which is tough, I believe the evidence is secondary. Further based on personal experience my believe is there is no integrity among attorneys here at all.
Old Nov 28th 2020, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

If you had researched Thailand you would have found that it has become very visitor unfriendly due to the Governments harsh implementation of the new visa rules. Ex pats are fleeing from there in their droves.

As I have explained before, and I will do so again for your benefit. I have spoken to two independent attorneys in addition to the two I am using now and they say I have a very good case and should have no problem. The independent attorneys have no axe to grind. Now if any of them gave a sharp intake of breath, I would have left the Philippines a long time ago.
Old Nov 28th 2020, 4:00 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

He didn't meet the financial requirements, although there are ways round that, and there was something about e-cigs being illegal that was an issue as well I seem to recall.
Old Nov 28th 2020, 4:05 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
If you had researched Thailand you would have found that it has become very visitor unfriendly due to the Governments harsh implementation of the new visa rules. Ex pats are fleeing from there in their droves.

As I have explained before, and I will do so again for your benefit. I have spoken to two independent attorneys in addition to the two I am using now and they say I have a very good case and should have no problem. The independent attorneys have no axe to grind. Now if any of them gave a sharp intake of breath, I would have left the Philippines a long time ago.
Not so much new visa rules as more people unable to meet already existing rules. Embassies of some countries decided they would no longer issue income verification letters in support of visa applications.

This affected people unable to meet the financial requirements.

I'd say that some people have been leaving, but the strong baht was more of a factor.
Old Dec 5th 2020, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaygee68
Mind you, in the movie version anyway (never read the book), Sean Connery and his mate get flung into a deep abyss after the natives chop away the supports for the footbridge our proud English(?) heroes are standing on at the end. A glorious final outing perhaps, but not necessarily the one Philosophical 11 is looking for...?
Old Dec 5th 2020, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Andrew_AJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Just Connery, the gurkha gets chopped up and Michael Caine is the old guy telling kipling the tale so he can't be dead!
Old Dec 5th 2020, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew_AJP
Just Connery, the gurkha gets chopped up and Michael Caine is the old guy telling kipling the tale so he can't be dead!
Oops, it's been 45 years since I saw the movie, and my memory is fading fast...

Perhaps Philosophical 11 can be Michael Caine, instead of Sean Connery.

Last edited by abner; Dec 5th 2020 at 6:00 am.
Old Dec 15th 2020, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw an episode (Season 2: Episode 7) of ABC Australia's "The Embassy" which had a segment on a fellow named "Sailor Rob"...a retiree who hooked up with a 36 year old with, he discovers, 3 kids and a grandchild. He spends all of his saving fixing up her place but when the money starts drying up she starts charging him for sex. He has paid out A$200,000 over 4 years. She threw his passport in a stream, which he later fishes out. There are four men that regular come to the door and chat with her and look and gesture threateningly at him. Turns out one of them is her husband who stays down the road and also has been making repairs on his place! He decides to flee in the dark at the night but only has his swag and a few thousand bhat. Of course, he goes to the Embassy for help and asks for a replacement passport. But he can't pay for it. Then he tells them that he's overstayed "a little"...two years.The Embassy says they won't pay him but will allow him to use their phone to call family back in Oz. But he's burnt bridges.Eventually a couple of his siblings offer help to pay the fine for overstay and a one way airline ticket back. Then he disappears on the Embassy staff. Turns out he's hanging out at a Buddhist monastery but a friend in Hong Kong has asked him to go there to help with reviving a plastics factory...Embassy tell him that he needs to go back to Australia as he will have a non-refundable ticket to West Australia. Lovely Ladies are everywhere!
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Festive Greetings....

Small update.

I have now moved out of my old place am now currently on a different island staying with a special friend and hoping to find a place to rent until the outcome of this case against me is finalised. Lockdown and quarantine excepted, it gives me easier access to my attorney and the trial court if that becomes necessary. I have been here 5 days now.

This has been a crap year for all of us.....doubly more for me. The worst year of my life in fact. So I will take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Xmas under these troubled times and hope next year will be a lot better. It had better be.

Keep safe.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.