Me and My Family

Old Aug 11th 2020, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

"My attorney firmly believes that she hopes I will succumb to pressure from her and offer a financial settlement. He advises against that."
Good advice. The old saying 'Once bitten twice shy' springs to mind

Keep safe.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
"My attorney firmly believes that she hopes I will succumb to pressure from her and offer a financial settlement. He advises against that."
Good advice. The old saying 'Once bitten twice shy' springs to mind

Keep safe.
I still think of the foreigner in, I think, Cebu who was in court for similar problems, that were not going well. He pulled out a gun and shot 3 people. The first one being his own solicitor.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings

To answer a few points:

Nonthaburi. You raised a point about the worst outcome. The worst outcome would be a period in jail and then deported. The Philippines constitution states that 70's and over cannot be placed in jail. But I know someone who has a friend in his 80's who has spent some time in jail. Maybe it does not apply to foreigners. The President who is committing the crime of concubinage has stated openly that because he is over 70 he cannot be jailed for this offence which carries a 1 year jail term.

Rete....Thank you! In future I will not respond to posts of the ya boo...I told you so nature. It serves no purpose and only leads to conflicts when I defend my position.

Raffin...Point made well. Thank you... Yes I remember this high profile case well. You have reminded me that there is an appeals process if I am served with a deportation order from BI

Moving on....

I have had several meetings with my attorney here and I now have my affidavit to send tomorrow. I have presented new evidence to BI which includes messages from my sister in law to say that her father asked me to cease payments to my ex. A message to say that she is truly sorry for what she has done to me. And of course the picture showing her having a 24k face makeover after I finished sending her allowances in February. Also proof that our marriage is void and that I have been sending her allowances until February this year which she denies.

This is to show to the relevant authorities she is a scam artist and a liar.

I intend to send this to the court where I was first charged with Financial and Physiological Violence towards Women.

My attorney firmly believes that she hopes I will succumb to pressure from her and offer a financial settlement. He advises against that.

Keep Safe
Old Aug 11th 2020, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

A quick google reveals that court cases like this can have lethal consequences.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/345519...ace-of-justice

I advise those elderly males thinking of retiring to the Far East to do some research and consider some possible outcomes.

Last edited by scot47; Aug 11th 2020 at 4:40 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
A quick google reveals that court cases like this can have lethal consequences.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/345519...ace-of-justice

I advise those elderly males thinking of retiring to the Far East to do some research and consider some possible outcomes.
Surprised this incident hasn't got more attention. Though it is far away from P11's situation...grave threats, gun. There have been many cases of Expats getting into problems with business ventures and through financial issues generally. If those intending to retire here do due diligence they will usually find plenty of advice from those involved and observing not to get involved in those activities and disputes here,

The salient point here for me relevant to P11 is at the end of the article where it is stated that Pope's deportation order was from October 2012. You can do a quick Google search to find out that many Expats subject to deportation orders here over recent years have not been deported. One reason being that they have submitted appeals. So much so that the BI announced late last year that even if there was an appeal, deportation should take place in 30 days. I haven't seen anything about the effect of that and anyway in these times deporting someone has got very difficult due to the pandemic.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

The layers of fraud that she has used to get you to marry her and then fund her, surely the OP is the one who should be expecting a financial settlement in his favour, not the other way round.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishbull
The layers of fraud that she has used to get you to marry her and then fund her, surely the OP is the one who should be expecting a financial settlement in his favour, not the other way round.
Welcome to the Philippines.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishbull
You clearly haven't read the whole thread...

And, to be clear, I'm not laughing because your expectations of a balanced result in the matter are unreasonable, in some calm, neutral, first-world respect.

It's just that ... you really have to read the whole thread.

Old Aug 14th 2020, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings...

Not an update, but musings.

I received notification today that my counter affidavit was received by BI .....Plaudits to LBC, only took two days from here. Following Raffins excellent comments (as per usual) about the subject of deportation, I carried out a little research myself and I can confirm that once a deportation order is received, the individual must remove himself from the Philippines within 30 days of receipt. An appeal can be lodged but that will not delay the date of deportation. So the appeal may have to take place in the Uk or the result awaited there.

My attorney and I think we have put enough evidence together to show that this woman is a liar. Her extravagant spending....24k on face lift, Messages from her father by her sister to stop her allowances and an apology on behalf of her family. Plus more....Bigamy...4 kids....Proof that I have sent her allowances for a full 3 months after I left her to enable her to complete her medication...find a new house and job. My moral, but not legal obligations.. But I am not naïve enough to think that this will achieve the result I want. This is the Philippines.

Obviously the best possible outcome would be is to be acquitted. I will send this acquittal notice to the court where the original case was filed and must go in my favour. .

In the interim period, it may be that my original case filed a few months ago against me may be thrown out by the prosecutor. This will be sent to BI to help my appeal if indeed that should be the case.

Keep safe

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Aug 14th 2020 at 11:31 am.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings...

Not an update, but musings.

I received notification today that my counter affidavit was received by BI .....Plaudits to LBC, only took two days from here. Following Raffins excellent comments (as per usual) about the subject of deportation, I carried out a little research myself and I can confirm that once a deportation order is received, the individual must remove himself from the Philippines within 30 days of receipt. An appeal can be lodged but that will not delay the date of deportation. So the appeal may have to take place in the Uk or the result awaited there.

My attorney and I think we have put enough evidence together to show that this woman is a liar. Her extravagant spending....24k on face lift, Messages from her father by her sister to stop her allowances and an apology on behalf of her family. Plus more....Bigamy...4 kids....Proof that I have sent her allowances for a full 3 months after I left her to enable her to complete her medication...find a new house and job. My moral, but not legal obligations.. But I am not naïve enough to think that this will achieve the result I want. This is the Philippines.

Obviously the best possible outcome would be is to be acquitted. I will send this acquittal notice to the court where the original case was filed and must go in my favour. .

In the interim period, it may be that my original case filed a few months ago against me may be thrown out by the prosecutor. This will be sent to BI to help my appeal if indeed that should be the case.

Keep safe
I shall be having a beer or ten with my friendly judge this weekend and will ask him about what he thinks could be the outcome. But from the previous chats we have had he seems to think that your ex-wife will be lucky to escape jail time.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I shall be having a beer or ten with my friendly judge this weekend and will ask him about what he thinks could be the outcome. But from the previous chats we have had he seems to think that your ex-wife will be lucky to escape jail time.

Thanks! Yes it would be good to get an independent opinion. My attorney reckons she doesn't have a case which I believe. But there again, I didn't expect him to say that I've not got a cat in hells chance after paying his fee.

Keep safe
Old Aug 16th 2020, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks! Yes it would be good to get an independent opinion. My attorney reckons she doesn't have a case which I believe. But there again, I didn't expect him to say that I've not got a cat in hells chance after paying his fee.

Keep safe
Things still a bit fuzzy but he picked up on the previous marriage saying that it can take weeks ( or longer ) to get copies of marriage certificates and that is if you know which town you were married in but with your ex coming back very quickly saying it was a forged signature would make him think that she already knew about it and by not doing anything to void it, was accepting that she was already married when she married you.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Things still a bit fuzzy but he picked up on the previous marriage saying that it can take weeks ( or longer ) to get copies of marriage certificates and that is if you know which town you were married in but with your ex coming back very quickly saying it was a forged signature would make him think that she already knew about it and by not doing anything to void it, was accepting that she was already married when she married you.
Thanks! The part image she sent me was according to her acquired by an attorney in the city where she got married in a matter of a few days. This struck me as odd because when I went to PSA to try and get a copy of the certificate of first marriage, I was told that I needed a court order because only her and her then husband can obtain a copy. Apparently, the attorney went to the registry? in the town and obtained a copy there. I suspect by passing PSA.

Still pondering about the deportation case. It would make sense to me that because the case is ongoing and unresolved in a criminal court, they would not take any further action until the case is resolved.

Keep safe
Old Aug 16th 2020, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

thaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond repute

And also that the second guy that she had the second 2 children with could not marry her because she was already married. So if he knew, she must have told him. I think it would be very difficult for her to convince anyone that she believed she was not married. I think she is in too deep to convince anyone that she did not believe that she was married. I sure hope you can get some clarity soon.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thaiing
And also that the second guy that she had the second 2 children with could not marry her because she was already married. So if he knew, she must have told him. I think it would be very difficult for her to convince anyone that she believed she was not married. I think she is in too deep to convince anyone that she did not believe that she was married. I sure hope you can get some clarity soon.
Quite right. As I reported some time ago he asked her to marry him so I am told. She said she could not because she was already married.

Keep safe... And thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.