Me and My Family

Old Apr 12th 2020, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

"You are in a high risk age group so I am sure you are being careful. I would just be worrying about the other 8 in the house and where they are venturing. Good luck. Testing times."

P11 is playing Russian roulette.I can only imagine that the local hospital will be primitive.

I am worried for him.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaygee68
"You are in a high risk age group so I am sure you are being careful. I would just be worrying about the other 8 in the house and where they are venturing. Good luck. Testing times."

P11 is playing Russian roulette.I can only imagine that the local hospital will be primitive.

I am worried for him.
There are more odds of me being knocked down by a car.. Contracting Dengie.. Pneumonia etc. Hardly Russian roulette.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 10:51 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
There are more odds of me being knocked down by a car.. Contracting Dengie.. Pneumonia etc. Hardly Russian roulette.
Actually no. I did a quick Google and yearly road traffic related deaths in the Philippines amounts to about 12000, or about 33 a day.

50 died from C19 in the Philippines today and that number is only going to rise. The curve isn't looking good for the Philippines. Indonesia also. As for the pneumonia, that comes with C19.

1107 deaths in the Philippines during last year's dengue epidemic over an 8 month period, which works out at just under 5 a day.

The more people mingle the higher the transmission rate.

Obviously your living situation is not ideal right now. Is there no way you can find somewhere on your own for the next couple of months, preferably somewhere with a kitchen. You must be able to do basic cooking. Eggs, rice, potatoes, bit of meat, bit of fish, a few veg. It's easy enough.

Going places where people are out and about or living with people who are out and about is not a great idea right now.

At your age you need to be more careful .

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better
Old Apr 12th 2020, 11:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Actually no. I did a quick Google and yearly road traffic related deaths in the Philippines amounts to about 12000, or about 33 a day.

50 died from C19 in the Philippines today and that number is only going to rise. The curve isn't looking good for the Philippines. Indonesia also. As for the pneumonia, that comes with C19.

1107 deaths in the Philippines during last year's dengue epidemic over an 8 month period, which works out at just under 5 a day.

The more people mingle the higher the transmission rate.

Obviously your living situation is not ideal right now. Is there no way you can find somewhere on your own for the next couple of months, preferably somewhere with a kitchen. You must be able to do basic cooking. Eggs, rice, potatoes, bit of meat, bit of fish, a few veg. It's easy enough.

Going places where people are out and about or living with people who are out and about is not a great idea right now.

At your age you need to be more careful .

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better
Also that will presumably only be the deaths in hospitals and not the ones dying at home (much like many other countries). I'd be very concerned if I were there.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 11:40 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...tartling-rates

Quite a worrying article from April 3rd.

10% of confirmed deaths were doctors.

Hospitals running out of PPE in a week.

Hospitals closing because of a lack of staff.

Hospital capacity at breaking point.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite obvious from the sporadic pattern of reported cases that accurate reporting and monitoring is not happening.
The wherewithal to deal with this crisis is not available. The horrific overcrowding in Tondo and the numerous squatter settlements within Metro Manila is creating a perfect storm of which nobody is prepared to acknowledge.
The lockdown should be extended but I doubt given the real hardship that is being endured it will be possible. From my apartment I can see that there is slowly, more and more tricycles starting to ply their trade.
The Philippine Govt has scarce resources and certainly not enough to effectively battle this scourge. Just look at the challenges that New York State is facing.
So P11 don't be a plonker all your life, it is too short.
Take care.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting disease, women are more likely to pick it up but men much more likely to have complications - a real killer for old men with young girlfriends. Looks like Blacks are most susceptible, then Asians and then Whites. Most of the TV reporting show elderly, obese men laid out in the hospitals, the OP is not in the major risk group of over seventies and is not fat, so there is some hope for him even in his cramped living conditions. Mega-dosing of Vitamin C might also help (2g four or five times a day) - don't buy the branded stuff, the pharmacists usually have a large jar of 1000mg tablets under the counter (ask for acsorbic acid if they play silly buggers) at a fraction of the cost. 30 percent chance of survival if you go into IC and about 1 percent if you then go on to a ventilator - in a decent hospital. Part of the low survival rate is down to the high viral load in the hospital, in turn doing in doctors and nurses, so probably not much difference in survival rates if you can't get into a hospital as you won't be exposed to that viral load. Knowing the PI, probably going to be a black market for oxygen bottles and masks for home use, so might be worth getting one just in case!

Agree places like PI will be a disaster area if the disease gets rampant, terrible on an individual level but only one percent of the population in the greater scheme of things so the nation will survive.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

In my humble opinion,the importance of "Viral Load" just cannot be emphathised enough.On a world stage,it is not getting the coverage that it deserves,not by a long shot.If we educate the people more about this particular aspect of the pandemic,then hopefully people will start to think a little bit more about their movements.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

In my humble opinion,the importance of "Viral Load" just cannot be emphathised enough.On a world stage,it is not getting the coverage that it deserves,not by a long shot.If we educate the people more about this particular aspect of the pandemic,then hopefully people will start to think a little bit more about their movements.
If you explain it to the people in my street you will just get the normal blank look and they'll carry on as normal. Loudspeaker van went around again this morning reminding that kids need to be kept in, they are all out playing again. As they say you can't fix stupid.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishbull
Looks like Blacks are most susceptible, then Asians and then Whites.
That maybe correct in USA but not else where, South Africa has very few cases, but that may be because of low test rate, but the mortality rate of those with the virus is about a third of the US average. Look at Singapore, Hong Kong, S Korea mortality rates a lot lower than the average US rate.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

What is the criteria for reporting. I imagine it varies from country to country, and that the more authoritarian regimes like DPRK and others of that ilk will not disclose the true picture.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
That maybe correct in USA but not else where, South Africa has very few cases, but that may be because of low test rate, but the mortality rate of those with the virus is about a third of the US average. Look at Singapore, Hong Kong, S Korea mortality rates a lot lower than the average US rate.
​​​​​​I work with a lot of South Africans and their take on it is that...
1 there is very little testing going on
2 it's still in the early stages there
3 just wait to it starts getting into the poor black area and it's a disaster waiting to happen.
4 there's already a lot of looting even now due to the lockdown, so it's going to be a disaster in more ways than one.

Regarding mortality rate. A lot depends on reporting. A lot of people are talking about why in Germany it's so low, but in Germany they don't do any post mortem testing which may go some way to explaining that.

There's a big difference between dying with C19, and because of C19.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishbull
Looks like Blacks are most susceptible, then Asians and then Whites.
I suspect it is more social-economic factors than the colour of the skin that drives these differences. P11 is a white man living in a slum, his skin colour isn't going to be what saves him.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

"...Slum"

OUCH!!....Could you not have used the words "Vibrant environment" instead,Millhouse?
Old Apr 13th 2020, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

"...Slum"

OUCH!!....Could you not have used the words "Vibrant environment" instead,Millhouse?
Or low economic value high density housing area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.