Me and My Family

Old Jan 23rd 2020, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
P11 Very well put. It seems that mischief is becoming a byword on this thread
Thank you B.

Regards
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

I've just read that #3867 post from Phil11. Along with many other very well-meaning posters here, I'm again gobsmacked at some of his recent comments.
If Phil11 was my father, knowing that he insists on communicating with and continues to finance an evil woman simply because he "Want's to", and also admits to having struck up a relationship with another local woman, I'd now do everything possible - and rapidly, to gain power of attorney/guardianship for a sick parent, who steadfastly refuses to recognize that he has a serious problem.
As someone else has already stated, 'There are none so blind as those who will not see'. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know. When one has a mysterious attraction or enticement, the allurement can be so strong that one becomes blind to sound reason. The false self telling what it immediately wants and seldom knowing what it really needs - but even with this explanation the 'sufferer' will scoff at as being nonsense.
A very sad case indeed which imho requires intervention from a family member asap before the situation gets even more out of hand - which it surely will.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 4:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad you are not my child, Tweedpipe. He is an adult and, because he is not conducting his love life in the manner which you believe he should nor has the same viewpoint as yourself, does not mean he needs to have a family member or a stranger appointed as guardian to control who he communicates with, handles his finances, or choses to love or dally with. I know of many young adults in their 20's and 30's who have problems with loving and trusting the wrong person. Perhaps you were one of them when you were younger. I know I was at one point. I managed quite well in eventually overcoming my bad relationships and coming out ahead. Geeus Murphy!
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm so glad you are not my child, Tweedpipe. He is an adult and, because he is not conducting his love life in the manner which you believe he should nor has the same viewpoint as yourself, does not mean he needs to have a family member or a stranger appointed as guardian to control who he communicates with, handles his finances, or choses to love or dally with. I know of many young adults in their 20's and 30's who have problems with loving and trusting the wrong person. Perhaps you were one of them when you were younger. I know I was at one point. I managed quite well in eventually overcoming my bad relationships and coming out ahead. Geeus Murphy!
I think the problem here is that it goes beyond simply a bad relationship, and being the Philippines things have the possibility of getting much worse without the protection of the type we are used to and without a family member there. The OP seems like a very nice person who has opened up his life to everyone, but shown to be gullible, not understanding local culture well, and easily manipulated. After all this time passed and he finally escapes, then the past pattern of behavior continues.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 4:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think it is right to suggest P11’s family to get involved. We may not agree with his choices but it is his life. As far as we know he hasn’t asked them for help, either emotionally or fInancially. Although I think they must shake their heads in disbelief, as most of us who have participated in this thread do.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I do not think it is right to suggest P11’s family to get involved. We may not agree with his choices but it is his life. As far as we know he hasn’t asked them for help, either emotionally or fInancially. Although I think they must shake their heads in disbelief, as most of us who have participated in this thread do.
It is a well-meaning suggestion as it seems a preponderance of common-sense advice has not only been rejected but indeed P11 continues to exhibit the same tendencies. Presumable it wasn't for amusement or pass the time this thread was created initially.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings

Today I have stopped all her allowances etc until she can prove that her first marriage was a fraud.

Here is the sequence of events....

This morning, she complained that the new house was not safe and did not have bars on the windows nor a secure wall. She was implying I do something about it. I refused. This led to the usual torrent of threats which I ignored. But I was thinking that all I have done for her has been unappreciated and was thinking then of giving her the ultimatum. Show you are not a bigamist by the end of February and all allowances will be stopped. This yellow card turned to red when I got a message from her father via her elder sister. He asked me to stop supporting her because she was bringing shame to her family on her behavior and he did not like the way she was treating me. Now for you armchair critics, this is from the family who you think are scamming me. I thought long and hard and decided to give her the red card this evening. I informed the elder sister of my decision and she was thankful and stated once again her family are behind me and will support me against her. I also received separate support from her elder brother who contacted me the day before.

As I have outlined previously...this was my plan. She has now been rehoused and has a job (more on that later) but I have brought it forward due to her fathers wishes. With respect to those critics reading this, I gave more credence to him rather than you.

I hear a rumour today that she has not moved to where she originally told me.....but to the "little big city" If that is the case, then no way can she take on the job she has allegedly been offered. I suspect she has moved there to be more discreet with her bf.

Anyway.....Yes...I got the same old threats again which I have ignored. The ball is now firmly in her court. She must prove she is not a bigamist.

Regards

Old Jan 24th 2020, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you and respect for her family. Must be nice to know the family appreciated what you did for them.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

A cunning plan Baldrick !
Old Jan 24th 2020, 2:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings

Today I have stopped all her allowances etc until she can prove that her first marriage was a fraud.

This morning, she complained that the new house was not safe and did not have bars on the windows nor a secure wall. She was implying I do something about it. I refused. This led to the usual torrent of threats which I ignored. But I was thinking that all I have done for her has been unappreciated and was thinking then of giving her the ultimatum. Show you are not a bigamist by the end of February and all allowances will be stopped. This yellow card turned to red when I got a message from her father via her elder sister. He asked me to stop supporting her because she was bringing shame to her family on her behavior and he did not like the way she was treating me. Now for you armchair critics, this is from the family who you think are scamming me. I thought long and hard and decided to give her the red card this evening. I informed the elder sister of my decision and she was thankful and stated once again her family are behind me and will support me against her. I also received separate support from her elder brother who contacted me the day before.

As I have outlined previously...this was my plan. She has now been rehoused and has a job (more on that later) but I have brought it forward due to her fathers wishes. With respect to those critics reading this, I gave more credence to him rather than you.

I hear a rumour today that she has not moved to where she originally told me.....but to the "little big city" If that is the case, then no way can she take on the job she has allegedly been offered. I suspect she has moved there to be more discreet with her bf.

Anyway.....Yes...I got the same old threats again which I have ignored. The ball is now firmly in her court. She must prove she is not a bigamist.

Regards
I'm glad you're cutting off her funds. Re. your 'armchair critics' comments, I think since most of us have refrained from saying 'I told you so' to you, you could do the same for us
Old Jan 24th 2020, 3:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings

Regards

I understand you didn’t want to leave her high and dry...but hopefully she now sees that you will no longer fall for her lies.

Old Jan 25th 2020, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings

Regards

P11 ‘gave more credence to him rather than you’, what a thoughtless and irresponsible comment. Had P11 taken note of what ‘you’ had been commenting he would not have been in his self made tale of pathetic woe.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Greetings

Regards
Maybe a silly question Phil II, do you deep down enjoy all this drama and such a part of your life you can't let go ? 'Heard a rumor' you wrote, why on earth would you spend your time regularly indulging in this drama. now that you are away and supposedly decided to cut her off. We all wish you well but it is just so curious all this.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikek1
P11 ‘gave more credence to him rather than you’, what a thoughtless and irresponsible comment. Had P11 taken note of what ‘you’ had been commenting he would not have been in his self made tale of pathetic woe.
Rubbish.. You are talking out of context. I am referring to the decision to stop her allowance now and not the end of February. Her family had no input or influence on my decisions prior to this.

Regards
Old Jan 25th 2020, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

The day you started this thread,you had already been scammed and taken everything out of CONTEXT with your so called loving dear wife. Why would a youngish woman pretend to love a 71 year old man. The answer is MONEY. For gods sake why don’t you admit your failings move on, and stop communication with these toe rags.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.