Me and My Family

Old Dec 4th 2019, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by morpeth
You make a good point he seems a very nice person but my impression fairly clueless about the local culture and how things are done. Not uncommon if one persists in applying a UK approach. I don't mean this disrespectfully but reading back over at the posts seems Philosophical a continual surprise at events. The idea one can read the local law, and then understand its practical application in a place like the Philippines ( hard enough at times in the UK) and be one's own lawyer hardly seems the best approach to resolving the matter. A lawyer not having the emotion and the UK cultural blinders, who probably knows the local court officials etc, much better to know how to handle situation. Chances are if communication only through lawyer and support stops immediately, she will ask for small settlement and the matter is over.
****fairly clueless about local culture**** Far from it. This is why I am cautious in my approach to problems and not prone to knee jerk reactions. I am certainly not my own lawyer as you suggest and have taken the time to research and take advice.

Regards
Old Dec 4th 2019, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
The quoted link points to an article which related to domestic violence and the actions the victim can take to protect himself/herself against the violent partner. I fail to see how this applies to your situation. Moreover, this article does not seem to relate to abandonment at all. On the contrary: it provides means to remove the violent partner from the victim, both physically as well as economically.
Correct. But the lead in tells you who is protected under the Abandonment Law. Which is my point.

Regards

Old Dec 4th 2019, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Correct. But the lead in tells you who is protected under the Abandonment Law. Which is my point.

Regards
Spoke to our local judge today about this, after the wife had calmed down after finding out it was not about her. With the following
Previously married and not divorced/annulled - Reply - one can not abandon anyone who is still married to their previous husband/wife. Any support is the responsibility of the legal husband/wife
Committing adultery - Reply - Under the above, despite being married ( illegally ) wife can not be accused of adultery by present husband. The previous husband can though accuse both wife and new husband, but as illegal husband was unaware unlikely anything can be charged against him.
Asked him if wife brought abandonment against illegal husband in his court what would happen - Reply - After we had all stopped laughing we would request her arrest.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 1:47 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Spoke to our local judge today about this, after the wife had calmed down after finding out it was not about her. With the following
Previously married and not divorced/annulled - Reply - one can not abandon anyone who is still married to their previous husband/wife. Any support is the responsibility of the legal husband/wife
Committing adultery - Reply - Under the above, despite being married ( illegally ) wife can not be accused of adultery by present husband. The previous husband can though accuse both wife and new husband, but as illegal husband was unaware unlikely anything can be charged against him.
Asked him if wife brought abandonment against illegal husband in his court what would happen - Reply - After we had all stopped laughing we would request her arrest.
Please make him listen. All this is so obvious.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 1:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

But the lead in tells you who is protected under the Abandonment Law.
No, the lead in doesn't define who is protected against the abandonment law. The Republic Act No. 9262 is about about protecting woman and children from violence, and is defined as '(This) Act shall be known as the "Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004."
http://hrlibrary.umn.edu/research/Ph...20Children.pdf

The Act defines what is considered to be violence against women and children, and unless there's something you haven't divulged on this thread, that doesn't apply to you. Curiously enough, many of the definitions of violence do apply to your former partner. The Act also explains how to file a petition for a protection order to prevent 'further acts of violence against a woman or her child'.

Old Dec 4th 2019, 2:01 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Good work Stokkevn
Old Dec 4th 2019, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
P11 seems reluctant to take advice from well meaning members. Perhaps he’s more open to the Buddha’s quotes so here’s another fit for purpose:
'Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back and choose the path to wisdom'.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Just in case P11 is adverse to the Buddha’s quotes, here’s one from Thomas Henry Huxley that could have been written specifically for P11.

‘Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not. It is the first lesson that ought to be learnt, and however early a man's training begins, it is probably the last lesson a person learns thoroughly’.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 3:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
Why do you put your life on facebook? For the world to know where you are and what you do?
You would not be the first one to trip himself up on a facebook post.
Use this "jackpot" to your advantage.
You love to get on his case for every action or inaction he takes.

In answer to your question, you should be asking "Why do you put your life on BRITISH EXPATS for others to know where you are and what you do.

It must be nice to be so perfect that you can judge others.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 4:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings again...

I wish to make an overdue statement ...one that has not been asked of me.

I initially came to this place at the very kind invitation of MikeK1. He and his very lovely wife have both looked after me well beyond what they needed to do. For that I am very grateful. I thoroughly enjoyed a traditional Sunday beef roast at their house last Sunday and he recently took me to PSA to get the information I needed about her previous marriage. I have spoken to him about whether I should post this info here and stated it was down to me. He has probably been my fiercest critic but respect cuts a lot of ice. I am now living with a Filipino family as previously reported .....the family of an ex-pat's gf. Conditions are not ideal as you can imagine but I hope to find a pad of my own soon where I can live independently in peace.

I thank him...his lovely wife and all those here who have expressed support so far.

Regards
Late to the fray but .... super glad you have the proof of a previous marriage. Have you looked for a divorce from the first husband? That is what is actually the most important item.

Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by morpeth
Chances are if communication only through lawyer and support stops immediately, she will ask for small settlement and the matter is over.
I like that & yes P11 seems honourable which is no good for this. One step removed is best.

Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Spoke to our local judge today about this, after the wife had calmed down after finding out it was not about her.
Made me giggle. I'd have been the same with MrBEVS

With the following

Thank you so much for thinking to do this for P11. Very kind

Old Dec 4th 2019, 10:04 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously we are reading different threads to the one I actually wrote and experienced. I reiterate... The first 3 years were perfect in the main and there were no red flags at the wedding. It was a perfect day in a great setting with good friends and family in attendance.

Regards
From my memory of the fancy wedding, no members of her family showed up. I wonder why? Do you suppose they knew she was already married and forgot to tell you?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Thank you so much for thinking to do this for P11. Very kind
Hardly any effort, I initially went round to help him finish off a few of his beers, while there I thought I might just as well ask.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

WiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really nice

Stokkevn,

Did you happen to ask the Judge about "how long it might take for a decision on the Abandonment/Illegal marriage/annullment question in the RP legal system ???

Days, Weeks, or Years..????

My guess P11 will have passed on due to old age... or a disgruntled LL boyfriend, or family member. .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.