Me and My Family

Old Jan 16th 2016, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

steve18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Me and My Family

he will turn if you slip him some laxatives lol

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 11th 2017 at 10:07 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

God no! He'll just eat even more!
Old Jan 16th 2016, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

You are definitely paying over the top for an haircut. Paid PHP125 for haircut, wash,and blow dry. This was in CSI shopping mall and a upmarket salon. I am told PHP40/50 is the going rate for 'barangay' non salon haircuts.
Like you say, I think your paying for the whole family!
On the other matter of your g/fs attempted leaving, its hardly surprising, after all its been too quiet on that front, no gripes for some time. Perhaps now the season of good will is over its business as usual, best be on your guard.

Old Jan 17th 2016, 11:18 am
Just Joined

KevinTREvans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey people - just go hippy and grow it man. Peace

Old Jan 20th 2016, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings,

Short story...but maybe just an excuse for a mini rant.

Went to a funeral a few days ago, it was a distant relative on gf mothers side. Nobody apart from the mother really knew her. But it was deemed necessary that the whole family went to the funeral about 2 hours drive away. So, gf's father hired a mini-bus and away we went. Full of mirth and merriment I should add. We got there a bit early (by about 3hrs) which always seems the case. To kill time, it was decided to visit a water park nearby and jolly nice it was too. I paid the entrance fee for all which came to the princely sum of 350 peso. Money was not an issue, but it was a waste really because everyone was taking hundreds of selfies or tapping on fb. Except worm boy who was hungry and searching for food despite the vast amount of biscuits and chocolates he scoffed on the way down. It really just seemed a waste of time and money because no-one was interested in the park itself. But that's life I guess.

Funeral went without incident and on the way home we stopped for food. Now this got up my nose a bit. The family just sat down in Jollybees (oh how I hate that place) and gf took orders from all. She paid over 1000 peso and no-one got up to help me and her take the orders to the tables. And not a hint of a thankyou either. All had chicken and rice except worm boy who had a "Giant Whopper Super Extra" of something. He was the only one who wanted a sweet and quickly devoured a couple of ice-creams by the time I had gone to the gents toilet.

So, I can hear you all saying...come to the point of the story. Ok. Next day gf father appears with the familiar "I want Red Horse" on his face. But I was wrong. He wanted 5000 peso to pay for the mini-bus. Not sure who from. A fierce exchange took place between him and gf and he went away with nothing. But I was bemused and miffed by the whole thing. He did not have to hire a mini bus.... no-one knew the relative who died apart from gf mother. Both could have used their motor tricycle instead. If he wanted to hire a van, he should ask first. Maybe its a status thing. Here is the family arriving in a posh minivan complete with foreigner in tow. More status than arriving on a tricycle I guess.

Gf is at her families house sorting out a problem. Had to smile. They have a small 2 bedroom house which accommodates 4 adults and I think about 5 kids at last count. Plus visiting sons every few weeks. Some relatives (a young couple with child) pitched up unannounced and said they would like to stay with them. No big reason Both are unemployed. Gf went a bit apoplexic. She told her parents they were not to stay because they have no jobs and more mouths to feed. She also felt it was part of an advance party from the rest of the family. I had forgotten that gf pays their 3k rent and she threatened not to pay in future. The visiting family of 3 stated they could not leave because they have no money to return. Easily sorted...gf has just been across to the house and given them 500 peso for a bus fare. She did however make me the villain by saying that it was me that was paying the rent and I did not want them there.

Anyway... all is still sweetness and love here. But its like cricket in a way. The next ball could be a curved ball.

R

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 23rd 2017 at 9:00 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 20th 2016, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Your GF seems to be getting to understand what you and will not pay for!
Keep training her and you'll have a keeper.
Just be careful to duck when the curve ball is thrown.
keep posting, I need a regular dose of smiles!

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 11th 2017 at 10:08 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I do love your stories, even if I just nod knowingly as I read them. Our son has just celibrated his 21st birthday in the Philipines with four of his school mates from the UK. They had a great time, Boracay, El Nido, Dumeguete, oh to be a University student again. They did an overnight in a resort , looks very nice there. I guess the asawa will be dragging me there soon.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 23rd 2017 at 9:00 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 1:46 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Some more great stories since the last time I looked. Keep it up !

Old Jan 20th 2016, 10:28 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Love these stories.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the compliments but even more for your interest and helpful advice.

I must admit I would have thought this excellent forum would be more suitable for help/advice/questions etc rather than blogs like this. But I guess if Admin is happy with it and I get responses then all is OK. Must admit I find blogging helpful because I am alone here whereas my gf has her family and friends around her. It can get a bit lonely especially when a full blown Pinay pout is in progress! Its good to have company here on this forum....most certainly comforting. Although I know a few foreigners here, I am not minded to seek their company. I did not come here for that.

Gazza... if your good lady decides to drag you down here, then let me know in advance. We can have a meet up and I will introduce you to my lovely lady!

We went to gf parents house today and she expected the 3 visitors to be gone...or ready to go. They weren't. They said they will go on Saturday You have the bus fare" Guess I am the villain again. But I saw something interesting. I noticed about a dozen empty bottles of Red Horse and 2 empty bottles of Tanduay (sp) tucked away outside their house. Never seen that many before...maybe only one or two bottles. They always take the empties back for the deposit before they buy more. Must be about 500 peso worth of booze drunk! Unless, her (where is my gift) brother who is home at the moment pretending to be sick with a
fever suddenly came into the money. Might be interesting. We shall see.

Think gf tried to pull a fast one yesterday. I have a notepad which contains various things and one is a list of debtors. I noticed one had been deleted for 3K for one of her friends I never delete but make a new entry and tackled her about this. She tried to explain it had been paid but I proved otherwise. Now 3k is a fiddling amount of money but again its the principal. A similar thing happened last month when she wanted a 2k advance of allowance and then later claimed she paid it back. I was 99.9% convinced she didn't and gave her that tiniest piece of doubt. I thought losing 2k was better than a Pinay pout! But not anymore.

Anyway...all for now. Still love and peace here.

I have noted that the water-melon season is now in full swing. My arms are a few inches longer now having to carry one or two from the market each day. It can be much more fun in the Philippines. Interesting.... most certainly.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 23rd 2017 at 9:01 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Think gf tried to pull a fast one yesterday. I have a notepad which contains various things and one is a list of debtors. I noticed one had been deleted for 3K for one of her friends I never delete but make a new entry and tackled her about this. She tried to explain it had been paid but I proved otherwise. Now 3k is a fiddling amount of money but again its the principal. A similar thing happened last month when she wanted a 2k advance of allowance and then later claimed she paid it back. I was 99.9% convinced she didn't and gave her that tiniest piece of doubt. I thought losing 2k was better than a Pinay pout! But not anymore.
Put a password on all files and folders that you want to keep control of or just put the protection mode on so that it makes the file read only.

Old Jan 21st 2016, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Stokkevn. This notepad is of the paper sort for which we both use. She can see from that I am keeping an eye on all debts. I did that on purpose. My bank accounts are all password protected on my lap top.

Thanks and regards

Old Jan 21st 2016, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Stokkevn. This notepad is of the paper sort for which we both use. She can see from that I am keeping an eye on all debts. I did that on purpose. My bank accounts are all password protected on my lap top.
Old school book keeping then.

Old Jan 21st 2016, 9:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the compliments but even more for your interest and helpful advice.

I must admit I would have thought this excellent forum would be more suitable for help/advice/questions etc rather than blogs like this. But I guess if Admin is happy with it and I get responses then all is OK. Must admit I find blogging helpful because I am alone here whereas my gf has her family and friends around her. It can get a bit lonely especially when a full blown Pinay pout is in progress! Its good to have company here on this forum....most certainly comforting. Although I know a few foreigners here, I am not minded to seek their company. I did not come here for that.
BE serves all sorts of purposes for different people -some of us write about our experiences, others ask questions, some a mix of both! A lot of us find reading threads on here is good when we feel lonely - helps to show us there are other people out there
Your experiences are very entertaining and interesting, so please do keep writing! BE is more than happy to host you

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 11th 2017 at 10:09 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that Pollyana. I think also any newbies can learn from these experiences so I guess it serves a purpose.

In the middle of a Pinay pout at the moment. I like the word tampo actually but will keep with the pout.

She asked me this afternoon if I would like to sponsor an event in April.....I thought it was a christening. I have done a sponsorship of a christening before for her brothers son. No problem with that. However, it turns out to be a wedding for a person I do not know or met. It is a friend or relative of hers. She was asked first to be a sponsor of this wedding but turned it down because of the age difference between her and the bride? Does that make sense? So she asked me and being a rather obliging fella I said yes. Found out later it was a wedding not a christening and I did not know or have met the couple in question. I then rightly or wrongly said as I did not know or even have met the couple how can I be a sponsor. It seemed to me they wanted my money to help pay for the event .... not me because I am a nice bloke. So, I explained this to gf but the inevitable happened. Maybe she has lost face but at least I did not wait until nearer the day which could have caused problems. But there you go. I was never any good at cricket anyway...

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 11th 2017 at 10:09 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.