Me and My Family

Old Aug 28th 2019, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

To answer a few points raised...

Stokkevn...

I am not expecting the family to bail us out. I am however expecting them to pay their fathers rent and meds and that's all until my wife starts to receive an income.

Millhouse....

She expects to earn about 20-25k pm once trained for call centre work. More with overtime. I guess she is keeping this from her family due to Filipina pride.

MP20.....

I am 99.9% certain she started her job based on her detailed debriefing when arriving back home. However, its been 3 weeks now and not been called back to finish her training. Previously its been about 10 - 14 days. She says that it is due a large influx of trainees. We will see...

Rete....

Bless you once again for your comments. Thank you.

Regards all

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Aug 28th 2019 at 1:53 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Philosophical 11;12728499]
Originally Posted by Stokkevn
There seems to be a lot of "may not have mentioned" going on with this family, ( debt, add ons to medical bills etc ). If they keep things from each other I suspect that you are kept in the dark about a lot lot more.

wrt the existing debts with interest at 19k pm and a potential additional 4k pm on the new 40k debt i don't think that 5 or 6 earners will manage to rustle together a spare 23k pm plus the pay down on the loan amounts.[/QUO

I am not expecting the family to bail us out. I am however expecting them to pay their fathers rent and meds and that's all until my wife starts to receive an income.

Regards
With 5 incomes I would expect them to cover their living costs without having to expect top ups from your wife. Not too sure what the incomes are round your area but here a tradesman gets P300/350 a day, helper P200/250 and if there were 5 working in an extended family full time they would be considered pretty well off.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 1:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Well, I struggle to see it as a positive sign when you don't get called back to finish the training...
There's a very good excuse reason for that, which will no doubt be forthcoming.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
There's a very good excuse reason for that, which will no doubt be forthcoming.
Makes me wonder what possible excuse could be given. There again why would a entrepreneurial girl married to a rich foreigner want to work so far away from home, and for a pittance? Does such a job even exist ?
Regarding the perpetual debts and hand outs..........why P11 don’t you just say NO to anything concerning financial matters?
Old Aug 28th 2019, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
To answer a few points raised...

She expects to earn about 20-25k pm once trained for call centre work. More with overtime.
Not sure about your end of the pond but here a friends daughter went off to a similar job about 2 bus hrs away, with slightly less money but after all deductions ( tax, accommodation, SS, food, travel etc ) she worked out - ( I did that bit ) that she was better off being a housemaid at P250 a day plus food etc in her local village.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Stokkevn....

I know what you mean about the deductions and expenses from wages. Her options were to go back to Kuwait or work in the Big City. There is very little in the way of local work here and I think it would be a shock to her pride if she was seen working in a local store here. It would not be economically viable also. I cannot cook and rely on her or dine out when she is away. Any wages she earned locally in a menial job would soon be swallowed up (forgive pun) by me when I go out for lunch etc. In the Big City she lives within walking distance of the call centre so very little transportation costs involved. I give her minimal expenses to pay for food. She lives in a secure complex close by and shares a bed sit with a co-worker.

I think she has received wages that is owed her. The last time she came home after 5 days away, she came bearing small gifts for me and the dog. Unless she has funds spirited away somewhere, there is little way she would have money left over to buy these gifts. She also bought one of those wheelie things people use for luggage whilst travelling. Would come in use when she goes back again so she reckons. She forgot that we have two of those at home. Think she also bought a small amount of clothes as well.

Is she going back is the speculation right now. Let me add this.....Her bed sit rent is 3.5k pm (from memory). I believe that is now overdue and I have waiting for her to ask for it. She hasn't. Maybe she has paid for that out of her wages.....We shall see.

Regards
Old Aug 29th 2019, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Wait...

so she is working and living away and in effect will be sending cash previously paid by you. In the meantime you can’t survive so live on takeaways burning off probably the same as what she is earning. This isn’t going to work out.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

P11.
An ex serviceman and you cannot cook!
I am truly sorry that your circumstances seem to be slowly spiralling out of control.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 6:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Stokkevn....

There is very little in the way of local work here and I think it would be a shock to her pride if she was seen working in a local store here.
Why would it be 'a shock to her pride'? Is people you know being aware that you're working a shameful thing in the Philippines?
Old Aug 29th 2019, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
P11.
An ex serviceman and you cannot cook!
I am truly sorry that your circumstances seem to be slowly spiralling out of control.
I thought the same... I always find it astonishing when people say they cannot cook.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Millhouse..

******so she is working and living away and in effect will be sending cash previously paid by you. In the meantime you can’t survive so live on takeaways burning off probably the same as what she is earning. This isn’t going to work out***** She will not be sending cash previously paid by me. She will be sending some of her earnings. Also, I don't do "take-aways". I go to restobars etc to eat when necessary. Just had a fine lunch washed down with a couple of beers which cost 225 peso. Have a look at the maths to see if I will be burning off her 20 -25k pm salary. You say I cannot survive. Wrong. What I cannot do is pay her debts and support her family. I can survive pretty well on my own. This is why she has taken on a job.

SOS....

Shock to her pride.....No, it is not a shameful thing to work in the Philippines. But she was seen as a well dressed and presented socialite who owns an on-line gold business and money lender. To be seen undertaking a menial job earning a pittance would be a big come down for her. As I said before....Filipina pride.

Regards
Old Aug 29th 2019, 7:51 am
Concierge

SOS....

Shock to her pride.....No, it is not a shameful thing to work in the Philippines. But she was seen as a well dressed and presented socialite who owns an on-line gold business and money lender. To be seen undertaking a menial job earning a pittance would be a big come down for her. As I said before....Filipina pride.

Regards
Good grief.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Good grief.
Maybe she could do into business consulting.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings,

I casted aspersions about when/if she was going back to work. I was wrong to do so. Going back tomorrow for 5 days final training. Apparently they sent a msg 3 days ago to report today but never received it.

Happy days...

Regards
Old Aug 29th 2019, 12:25 pm
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

Happy days! ... enjoy them, because the next "unexpected" problem is just around the corner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.