Me and My Family

Old Jul 19th 2018, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Greetings,

I have looked at the medical report again and it does not stipulate if it was an x ray or scan. It just says upper body examination and reports on lungs, heart and vertebrae. Everything is normal bar the heart which is enlarged. Since I have been here, I have paid for his maintenance drugs which are similar to mine... ie BP and cholesterol. Hopefully I will find out what his new prescription is. BP always appears to be normal when I check it and he has been advised to keep off the pork and booze. This he mainly ignores.

Interestingly, his wife has now been suffering from dizziness. She is hardworking and does not drink. She has no ear infection and all checks appear to be normal. The dr advised her to wear glasses as treatment and lovely lady dutifully went into town a few hours away with her and got prescriptive glasses. Plus a pair for her father. This did not work. I was summoned to their house a few days ago because she was again feeling dizzy. BP was fine and I whisked her down to the pharmacy to have her blood sugar checked. It was fine. No complaint of ear problems either. Advised her to go back to the doc and I will probably hear something in due course.....when a medical bill needs paying.

I mentioned Waddly posted a fb message in English not so long ago.... "You cannot keep your secret for ever". She posted another yesterday....."You are a traitor and your judgment will come before God"

Ho Hum
Old Jul 19th 2018, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi Dorothy, I received my medical degree in a weet bix packet like half the doctors in PI. Not sure how many people you know who have gone into hospitals in PI alive and been carried out dead with a huge bill to be paid before leaving but I personally know a number. My point is unless you have access to large sums of cash hospitals in PI can destroy the family financially. Try asking half a dozen doctors the same thing and see how many different answers you get medicine changes every day. Regards Mike
Old Jul 19th 2018, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

MikeNZ,

Very true. Several diagnosis for the same ailment.Its worth nothing that the salaries of doctors working in the Majority of Filipino hospitals are very poorly paid. Compared to the UK their salaries are much lower than a just graduated nurse.Its also worth noting that many doctors are ‘self employed’ and rely on consultancy advice to gain a salary, not many are employed by the hospital directly.Those that are employed by the hospital are paid even less.
You get what you paid for, springs to mind.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
MikeNZ,

Very true. Several diagnosis for the same ailment.Its worth nothing that the salaries of doctors working in the Majority of Filipino hospitals are very poorly paid. Compared to the UK their salaries are much lower than a just graduated nurse.Its also worth noting that many doctors are ‘self employed’ and rely on consultancy advice to gain a salary, not many are employed by the hospital directly.Those that are employed by the hospital are paid even less.
You get what you paid for, springs to mind.
A Dutch friend's wife had not been well for a short while so he took her to the hospital - she had a heart problem, so just to check he got a second opinion and they confirmed that she had something wrong with her liver and would need a liver transplant sometime in the future, being totally confused he took her to Manila and there they confirmed that she had clogged arteries. So off to Holland they went - she had something wrong with one of her lungs and was allergic to something in bread, so 3 nights in hospital, a week resting before returning home and a bottle of tablets and she was OK again.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings,

I have looked at the medical report again and it does not stipulate if it was an x ray or scan. It just says upper body examination and reports on lungs, heart and vertebrae. Everything is normal bar the heart which is enlarged. Since I have been here, I have paid for his maintenance drugs which are similar to mine... ie BP and cholesterol. Hopefully I will find out what his new prescription is. BP always appears to be normal when I check it and he has been advised to keep off the pork and booze. This he mainly ignores.

Interestingly, his wife has now been suffering from dizziness. She is hardworking and does not drink. She has no ear infection and all checks appear to be normal. The dr advised her to wear glasses as treatment and lovely lady dutifully went into town a few hours away with her and got prescriptive glasses. Plus a pair for her father. This did not work. I was summoned to their house a few days ago because she was again feeling dizzy. BP was fine and I whisked her down to the pharmacy to have her blood sugar checked. It was fine. No complaint of ear problems either. Advised her to go back to the doc and I will probably hear something in due course.....when a medical bill needs paying.

I mentioned Waddly posted a fb message in English not so long ago.... "You cannot keep your secret for ever". She posted another yesterday....."You are a traitor and your judgment will come before God"

Ho Hum
Could it be vertigo? I had dizziness about 6 years ago. A trip to a neurologist...a physical procedure cured it in a couple of minutes. Came back the following year and he showed me how to do the exercise myself.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Jerseygirl...

Vertigo? Thought that was something to do with heights? Please explain.

Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2018, 12:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Jerseygirl...

Vertigo? Thought that was something to do with heights? Please explain.

Thanks
So did I.

Mine was caused because the crystals in the inner ear had moved. When I moved my head I became dizzy...especially when looking up or down, laying down and turning on my side.

It came back every May for a few years. I started seeing a Chiro once a month for lower back pain and she does an adjustment to my neck/base of skull for vertigo. Since then it hasn’t returned.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo
Old Jul 19th 2018, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with JG. Happens to me and a simple exercise of stretching and rotating the head as far to the left and right and attempting to touch my shoulder with my head clears it up nicely.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 1:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Vertigo is a bitch. My daughter has had it a couple of times.Nothing's worked for her but rest in bed which is fine because if she gets out she falls over. Ok as long as the bathroom is on the same level, crawling on your hands and knees up and down stairs isn't straightforward.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks JG and Rete. I am going to have a helluva job explaining that to lovely ladies mother. Doubt if any doctor around here will prescribe that as a cure. However, its something I can keep up my sleeve if problems persist.

Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2018, 1:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks JG and Rete. I am going to have a helluva job explaining that to lovely ladies mother. Doubt if any doctor around here will prescribe that as a cure. However, its something I can keep up my sleeve if problems persist.

Thanks
It could be something more serious. My doctor sent me for a MRI...he called me the following day and said I should see a neurologist ASAP as it looked like MS. The next day I saw a neurologist and he said the scars on my brain were normal for people who suffer migraines. He then diagnosed the dizziness as vertigo. The exercise I had to do is very specific...each movement is timed.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

My missus gets a bit wobbly every now and again, not always Tanduay induced. When we were in Australia the doctor said it was most likely because she had a low blood pressure ( I think it was about 105 over 70 ), which is very surprising as she eats a heck of a lot of offal and fatty meat. Which is unfair really because I eat about 1kg of lean meat/fish a week and hoover up supposedly 'very good for you' jungle weeds, berries and fruits etc and have a blood pressure that would keep a medium hydro power station going.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 4:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with your wife. My pressure all my life has been a standard 90/60 and is now considered high if it goes to 110/70. Love my liver and onions, steak and burgers and have eaten them all my life. Guess it is in the genes. My adult children have the same pressure I have and my father's was the same and he lived til he was in his 90's and had no heart conditions.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi Stokkevn, its a miracle your Dutch friends wife did not have a heart attack from all the confusing diagnosis and worry. Adds to the point,if possible get out of PI go home and get treated. Regards Mike
Old Jul 24th 2018, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Greetings..

Wasn't sure where to post this...on Humorous Episodes thread or here. But I thought it might be more appropriate here for my detractors.

The wedding is to be held at a nearby resort and I have been quoted for the hire of the resort all incl but for only 50 guests. Extra guests would be 1.5k each. Now it would be obvious to all and sundry that we need to have a limit on the total number. I have set the max total at 70 and we will be hard pushed to do that. So, only close family and friends will be invited.

That's the scenario. Now, I happened to glance at the guest list today and I noticed multiple job descriptions to be filled by guests. Bible carriers, veil carrier, candle carrier and so it went on. All friends and close family members ....so no problem. Then I noticed the Sponsor List....8 people....again all valid guests. Except one. The Mayor of this city. Now, I don't know this fella,nor does my lovely lady but I have heard of him ....he is coming back after being suspended for 3 months for nefarious dealings. I informed her that places are at a premium and every extra place will cost me 1.5k. He is neither friend or family. But her reasoning was....he will cost nothing because he is number 36 on the guest list. I tried to explain that it doesn't matter what number he is....he will be one of 70. And I will be paying for him. I didn't get as far as saying that if he comes, his wifey might want to come....or any other people he happens to be entertaining that w/e. Plus of course his driver, and up to 12 of his body guards he currently employs. I didn't get that far because her planning book was thrown into the air and it was suggested that I deal with such matters. Anyway....I had dinner on the beach alone.... I have since noticed that on the draft invitation cards, our marriage has the blessing of her parents...which is jolly nice. And mine. But they have since departed this Earth some 20 yrs ago.

I shall have another beer....

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Jul 24th 2018 at 3:47 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.