Me and My Family

Old May 27th 2018, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

I never understand people who say they are going to not read or leave. So dramatic. Just do it.

Keep at it P11. I like the read. In any event the way I view it is that while it’s 3000pesos in real money this is about 50quid. Hardly worth worrying about and buys you some good will. assuming they don’t poison you off you’ll need someone to wipe your butt in older age and it may as well be them.
Old May 27th 2018, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi 11, not the size of the audience that counts, keep going we still live in countries where we still have some free will and can do whatever the hell we like. Any further on the guy with the boat?? Regards Mike
Old May 27th 2018, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I never understand people who say they are going to not read or leave. So dramatic. Just do it.
Think they're trying to develop another "Me too" movement here. But if every time someone disagreed with the way a thread discussion was going on this forum they posted to announce they are "taking their bat home", it would become unreadable.

You've all doubled (or more) down on your points of criticism of OP. Just let the forum participants decide on whether he is still worth talking with. I record over 200 more views in just 12 overnight hours.
Old May 27th 2018, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

First....thanks for the kind comments.

MikeNZ:

The guy with the boat. He has got two boats actually, but the boat you are referring to is a catamaran. An update. You may well remember that it was originally going to be solar powered but that fell through when his French partner (investor) pulled out due to his business financial problems. He was going to go to China and source/purchase the solar panels. Now, my mate has purchased 2 large outboards from China....and what a palaver that was. They are now fixed in place....run up and tested. Now, although this guy is an engineer, I am amazed at how he has designed and built this thing himself. Everything is to his own perfect high standards. Now, from an observers point of view, because of the bulk of this thing (he will need 50 volunteers to drag it into the sea), I seriously doubt if the outboards will propel this thing at more than a snails pace. He is putting the finishing touches to it now and hopes to have it launched pretty soon. If this forum allow, I will take pics and post here. But, no matter what....it is a magnificent achievement. I will update on this as and when. His other boat is a fishing boat again designed by himself. He built it and donated it to his gf family but sadly they do not seem to take care of it. It seems to spend more time out of the water than in, and he has poured many a peso into it for them. He is the guy who I mentioned that his gf is "manuring on his head" I have changed one word of this Filipino phrase. Still seems unaware...sadly.

And now onto something else......

My lovely lady has been away for 3 days....and back today. We have a close Canadian Ex-pat friend 5 hrs away from here and he has a lovely Filipina gf. Sadly, 2 members of her family appeared to have been executed during a robbery. The father who was killed has a wife with 11 kids. Its a strange and horrifying case. He was on his way to a market with another 18 yr old relative whereupon they were held up, beaten up, tied to a chair and then both shot in the head. There must be something more behind this. Anyway, she has been away helping and supporting our two friends. It is very distressing.

Regarding the recent comments. Again thanks to those for support. For those who are otherwise inclined it is personal choice and we all have opinions. I have no issue with that. But as I have already stated, if there is no interest, then the story will die naturally. It is the interest...and comments that keep me bashing away at the lap top. I now have 3 ex-pat confidants here and they all agree that I am right to persevere with this relationship. Certainly they do not approve of her irrational behavior regarding money but as I have stated previously, her father repaid a loan and she is "too shy" now to ask for money. This resulted in the breakup of her family. Will it continue? Who knows? But these ex-pats know us as a couple and her as a loving partner. One thing that I feel uncomfortable with. The ex-pat with the boat is one of my 3 confidants. His gf is "manuring on his head". He has listened to my story and supports us both. And I am keeping that secret from him. I am watching his back....very closely.

Bit of excitement here the other day. Whilst mincing down to the beach, I saw a coastgard vessel apprehend a coaster and they were moored a few hundred metres from the beach. About 200 army fellas were making their way to the incident. There appears to be a news black out on this at the moment but rumour has it that it could have been Abu Sayyaf that had been apprehended. I went back later that afternoon and the two vessels had gone and so were the troops. My ear is to the ground.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; May 27th 2018 at 11:31 pm.
Old May 28th 2018, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
......We have a close Canadian Ex-pat friend 5 hrs away from here and he has a lovely Filipina gf. Sadly, 2 members of her family appeared to have been executed during a robbery. The father who was killed has a wife with 11 kids. Its a strange and horrifying case. He was on his way to a market with another 18 yr old relative whereupon they were held up, beaten up, tied to a chair and then both shot in the head. There must be something more behind this. Anyway, she has been away helping and supporting our two friends. It is very distressing......

.........Bit of excitement here the other day. Whilst mincing down to the beach, I saw a coastgard vessel apprehend a coaster and they were moored a few hundred metres from the beach. About 200 army fellas were making their way to the incident. There appears to be a news black out on this at the moment but rumour has it that it could have been Abu Sayyaf that had been apprehended. I went back later that afternoon and the two vessels had gone and so were the troops. My ear is to the ground.

Regards
Have isolated P11's reports of the two incidents not because I think there is any direct link between them, but rather that they may be symptomatic of what I think is now going on in this country with crime and security. With the probable false alarm on the coaster we know that ever since an AS relative was nabbed in Negros a year ago the Government has been, rightly, vigilant to stop the group getting any foothold in the area. But note the use of so many troops.

The horrendous double robbery/murder P11 reports is also no surprise. It can just be added to the daily toll of homicides here, numbers certainly far greater than deaths from terrorism, though I do understand that the effect of terrorist incidents on the public and economy is more widespread. No surprise though. I looked it up to see that the Philippines has a homicide rate about 25% greater, than that of the US, and a homicide rate by firearms three times greater! I don't know how the drug war deaths fit into the picture...if some or all of them are not included the comparison will just be made even worse.

Will they ever get the people involved in the double slaying? It's difficult to get statistics on case resolution rates..but a report I saw on Manila showed a huge variation between Quezon City at only 43% and other cities in MM with rates in the 90s. I just don't hear of too many high profile cases coming to trial and ending in sentencing.

There has been a big reallocation of army and police resources towards dealing with terrorism and those involved in the drug trade since mid 2016 Overall crime greatly dropped in the first year, a fact much touted by the administration. Not that surprising since much crime is drug related. But against that ordinary homicides did show a significant increase. Robbers making more money from arranged killings than from stolen goods? Or just taking advantage of the general climate? To be fair I can't find out if this pattern has continued in the last 10 months, but even if there has been an improvement...which seems unlikely as the second year of the administration included the local election period, the high murder rate here seems to continue unabated.

I just wonder whether we will ever see a War against Homicide from any government here?
Old May 28th 2018, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

First....thanks for the kind comments.

MikeNZ:

The guy with the boat. He has got two boats actually, but the boat you are referring to is a catamaran. An update. You may well remember that it was originally going to be solar powered but that fell through when his French partner (investor) pulled out due to his business financial problems. He was going to go to China and source/purchase the solar panels. Now, my mate has purchased 2 large outboards from China....and what a palaver that was. They are now fixed in place....run up and tested. Now, although this guy is an engineer, I am amazed at how he has designed and built this thing himself. Everything is to his own perfect high standards. Now, from an observers point of view, because of the bulk of this thing (he will need 50 volunteers to drag it into the sea), I seriously doubt if the outboards will propel this thing at more than a snails pace. He is putting the finishing touches to it now and hopes to have it launched pretty soon. If this forum allow, I will take pics and post here. But, no matter what....it is a magnificent achievement. I will update on this as and when. His other boat is a fishing boat again designed by himself. He built it and donated it to his gf family but sadly they do not seem to take care of it. It seems to spend more time out of the water than in, and he has poured many a peso into it for them. He is the guy who I mentioned that his gf is "manuring on his head" I have changed one word of this Filipino phrase. Still seems unaware...sadly.

And now onto something else......

My lovely lady has been away for 3 days....and back today. We have a close Canadian Ex-pat friend 5 hrs away from here and he has a lovely Filipina gf. Sadly, 2 members of her family appeared to have been executed during a robbery. The father who was killed has a wife with 11 kids. Its a strange and horrifying case. He was on his way to a market with another 18 yr old relative whereupon they were held up, beaten up, tied to a chair and then both shot in the head. There must be something more behind this. Anyway, she has been away helping and supporting our two friends. It is very distressing.

Regarding the recent comments. Again thanks to those for support. For those who are otherwise inclined it is personal choice and we all have opinions. I have no issue with that. But as I have already stated, if there is no interest, then the story will die naturally. It is the interest...and comments that keep me bashing away at the lap top. I now have 3 ex-pat confidants here and they all agree that I am right to persevere with this relationship. Certainly they do not approve of her irrational behavior regarding money but as I have stated previously, her father repaid a loan and she is "too shy" now to ask for money. This resulted in the breakup of her family. Will it continue? Who knows? But these ex-pats know us as a couple and her as a loving partner. One thing that I feel uncomfortable with. The ex-pat with the boat is one of my 3 confidants. His gf is "manuring on his head". He has listened to my story and supports us both. And I am keeping that secret from him. I am watching his back....very closely.

Bit of excitement here the other day. Whilst mincing down to the beach, I saw a coastgard vessel apprehend a coaster and they were moored a few hundred metres from the beach. About 200 army fellas were making their way to the incident. There appears to be a news black out on this at the moment but rumour has it that it could have been Abu Sayyaf that had been apprehended. I went back later that afternoon and the two vessels had gone and so were the troops. My ear is to the ground.

Regards
Just a thought... just as you are not telling your mate about his gf’s bathroom habits, is it possible that they are not telling you his thoughts on your relationship?

Would love to see the boat.
Old May 28th 2018, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Millhouse:

He knew about the secret family as they all seem to do. As he said to me later, he hoped I would do the right thing and accept the 2 sons. His thoughts on our relationship is reflected on that. He would have done the same if he was in my boots and was hoping that I would find out soon. I know that situation all too well. I was hoping that he would ask about his gf ...rumours etc then I would have told him exactly what I had heard. Sadly he didn't. He knows us as a couple for a couple of years now and we socialize often. He is an Aussie....and doesn't beat about the bush.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; May 28th 2018 at 10:54 am.
Old May 28th 2018, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse:

He knew about the secret family as they all seem to do. As he said to me later, he hoped I would do the right thing and accept the 2 sons. His thoughts on our relationship is reflected on that. He would have done the same if he was in my boots and was hoping that I would find out soon. I know that situation all too well. I was hoping that he would ask about his gf ...rumours etc then I would have told him exactly what I had heard. Sadly he didn't. He knows us as a couple for a couple of years now and we socialize often. He is an Aussie....and doesn't beat about the bush.

Regards
hummm. I’d put him in the good acquaintance box. Not a friend.
Old May 28th 2018, 2:35 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

If it was me, I'd want to know, and I'd hope that any real friend would tell me.
Old May 29th 2018, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings...

Raffin:

It now transpires that the 2 guys that were murdered was politically motivated. The father was a high ranking official in the local church and the church got involved in the recent local brgy elections. A number of brgy officials were not re-elected and the father paid the price. He and his young relative were executed. I do not know the denomination of the church. It is a very sad and depressing reflection of politics here. A very dirty business.

Moving on:....

I agree with the comments about wishing to be told about rumours but I learnt the hard way. About 2 yrs ago, rumours were circulated about a gf of an ex-pat here. She was getting him to purchase a house in her name and then leave him. This is documented on this thread. I took it upon myself to act on these rumours and as a friend, I let it be known to him what was happening behind his back. The end result was losing two good friends. He has since bought this house and she is living happily with him. Now, if I had concrete evidence that this woman was doing the dirty on him, he would be told. However, the rumours are very strong which puts me in a difficult situation. But there again, if the strong rumours were true, I would have thought he would have had a sniff of them. Regarding the secret family. Again, it was all rumours. However, a good friend of mine decided to investigate more and came up with a name. I typed that name into fb and then was hit with the harsh reality. I still haven't come to terms with the truth. It will take time.

Regards
Old May 29th 2018, 6:22 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

There is a difference between rumour and fact though.

I don't think anyone should act on rumour.
Old May 29th 2018, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Nonthaburi:

Exactly

Regards
Old May 29th 2018, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

It now transpires that the 2 guys that were murdered was politically motivated. The father was a high ranking official in the local church and the church got involved in the recent local brgy elections. A number of brgy officials were not re-elected and the father paid the price. He and his young relative were executed. I do not know the denomination of the church. It is a very sad and depressing reflection of politics here. A very dirty business.
In the last decade there have been over 4,000 political murders in the Philippines. Even here in the little jungle village we have had 6 that I know of in the last 8 years. Even an Assistant Councilor ( coffee boy/runner ) was killed because someone wanted his job.
Old May 29th 2018, 2:22 pm

Nonthaburi:

Exactly

Regards
although in your case there's a lot of physical evidence, as in the actual children themselves.

in your mate's case, it's a lot harder to get proof of what someone's intentions are.

tricky
Old May 29th 2018, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
In the last decade there have been over 4,000 political murders in the Philippines. Even here in the little jungle village we have had 6 that I know of in the last 8 years. Even an Assistant Councilor ( coffee boy/runner ) was killed because someone wanted his job.
Likely to get worse after federalism is rammed through with decisions to be made by regional assemblies with more funding and so more to fight for control over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.