Me and My Family

Old Mar 14th 2021, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by jaygee68
In ALL social circles over there MONEY seems to the cause of many problems.....look at the trouble the Marcos family caused,and all because they took a little bit of public money just for some extra bread and milk...
It is not just with the rich foreigner, you should hear my wife's relatives having a go at each other over who owes who P100. One of her aunties who lives up in a jungle village has just reached 100 years old and gets the gov 100,000 pesos gift. That has already been spent by the relatives
Old Mar 14th 2021, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

"It is not just with the rich foreigner, you should hear my wife's relatives having a go at each other over who owes who P100. One of her aunties who lives up in a jungle village has just reached 100 years old and gets the gov 100,000 pesos gift. That has already been spent by the relatives"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aye...It's as if tomorrow does not exist.My ex's family would have Noche Buena every day if they could,and to hell with the consequences.They employed the primitive logic of a shark (if you see money make a grab for it) when dealing with matters fiscal.With a rapidly increasing birth rate and a youngish population seemingly obsessed with social media platforms,i see some serious problems ahead over there,though the UK's prognosis is not that much better.

Last edited by jaygee68; Mar 14th 2021 at 2:15 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2021, 3:53 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebie
Yes and no ...when I was married my wifes family asked for money once and once only ( in 18 years ) and after the emergency was over they paid it back, in full.
In my current situation, I happily donate some money now and again but its by choice , not because im asked to.
Yes in many situations it is the norm.And yes no one seems shy to ask for a favour or a loan , which will never be repaid. Certainly Ive been lucky but I wouldnt describe it as a cultural norm, although in your sutuation it became a norm.
There are some very well off people in this country and Im sure they have never ever asked for any money.
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Raking coals? No, simply stating facts that you yourself posted. The rest is irrelevant to the sentence quoted and I'm unsure why you think I should have mentioned it.
The thing with P11 and these supposedly "blissful" early years is that they were only perfect because he did not realise at that time how much he was being had over. All the signs were there. He was warned repeatedly about red flag after red flag, and he ignored all of it. It was only ever about the money. How on earth could it be about anything else!? My sympathy for his situation evaporated a long time ago. Hé's only got himself to blame.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 12:24 am
Ten
Forum Regular

Ten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
The thing with P11 and these supposedly "blissful" early years is that they were only perfect because he did not realise at that time how much he was being had over. All the signs were there. He was warned repeatedly about red flag after red flag, and he ignored all of it. It was only ever about the money. How on earth could it be about anything else!? My sympathy for his situation evaporated a long time ago. Hé's only got himself to blame.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Are you unable to read...P11 has stated on numerous posts the first years of the relationship were happy, there was no obvious scamming, go back read before posting. Why on earth would the guy of married if thought he being scammed....Heres me thing only locals lacked common sense.

And yes in general it is definitely a culture norm to to feel entitlement just because it may not appear obvious in ones one situation does not mean it does not exist...Pity those whom think otherwise, if only they could look down from above when they pass over..........
Old Mar 15th 2021, 12:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ten
Are you unable to read...P11 has stated on numerous posts the first years of the relationship were happy, there was no obvious scamming, go back read before posting. Why on earth would the guy of married if thought he being scammed....Heres me thing only locals lacked common sense.

May I suggest it be you that goes back and reads the first four+ years of this thread as well as earlier threads before he was even in the Philippines where he wrote what was happening as it happened. He's looking back through rose tinted glasses which is something we all do to some extent but it doesn't change the true facts.

I really hope he gets out of this mess cleanly and is able to live the rest of his life as he wishes and without wondering what shit this woman will try next but considering he's given us a relatively detailed list of her behaviour over the past six years, I don't see why we shouldn't correct misconceptions when new people join the thread.

Old Mar 15th 2021, 4:09 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ten

And yes in general it is definitely a culture norm to to feel entitlement just because it may not appear obvious in ones one situation does not mean it does not exist...Pity those whom think otherwise, if only they could look down from above when they pass over..........
😂😂😂
You're a funny guy.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ten

Yes you are correct, dont let MP or N fool you. They either have an axe to grind or other motive and no doubt keep trying to rake the coals so that they can say *I told you so*

I will reiterate that up to the last year or so there was only once she tried to scam me and that was dealt with firmly. She never tried it again until the final year or so and we had a very happy marriage. The people who think otherwise obviously do not understand the difference between the culture of helping her family when asked and scamming. Indeed I made a point early on that she shielded me from excess demands from family and relatives. But of course the detractors wont mention that and scorn the fact how firmly she controlled the spending on house refurbishment.

Dont be put off by the tart replies. Obviously they dont have anything constructive to say.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Mar 15th 2021 at 5:00 am.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Yes you are correct, dont let MP or N fool you. They either have an axe to grind or other motive and no doubt keep trying to rake the coals so that they can say *I told you so*

I will reiterate that up to the last year or so there was only once she tried to scam me and that was dealt with firmly. She never tried it again until the final year or so and we had a very happy marriage. The people who think otherwise obviously do not understand the difference between the culture of helping her family when asked and scamming. Indeed I made a point early on that she shielded me from excess demands from family and relatives. But of course the detractors wont mention that and scorn the fact how firmly she controlled the spending on house refurbishment.

Dont be put off by the tart replies. Obviously they dont have anything constructive to say.

Regards
Which is all well and good but completely ignores the fact that the whole marriage was a scam....

AS SHE WAS ALREADY MARRIED!!
Old Mar 15th 2021, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Which is all well and good but completely ignores the fact that the whole marriage was a scam....

Correct...and she deceived me about the 4 kids. That shows that she is a deceitful liar. That I accept. But that is not scamming in the context we are talking about.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 6:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
I'm going to step in here and make a post of my own because what you have written , quoted above, is unjust.

For the benefit of all those new to this topic - and by that I mean just the last year or three. Specifically this new poster --

Originally Posted by Ten
Are you unable to read.
Originally Posted by Ten
Here's me thinking only locals lacked common sense.
Many of us that have interacted with this thread and other previous threads ( topics) written by P11 have been doing so since 2014. I repeat - 2014. That is 7 years , since the inception of his quest & before he left UK shores. Several of us have read every single solitary post of this long going sorry saga . For some it was because there was a task to complete for P11. For others it was that they were boots on ground. None of us that have been with this all these years have any flipping well axe to grind at all. No MO. Nothing. It is simply commenting on the entire 7 years that has unfolded before the eyes which , as this is BE, is allowed.

Now, I can draft a very, very accurate precis and timeline for this entire 7 years if needs be . It's my skill and after all I was the BE Site Lead for 5 of those 7 years and a SuperMod prior to that.

So , for the benefit of the relatively newcomers --------> .Posters right from the beginning were counseling caution & , looking back to those old posts, were very accurate in their advice & correct in their concern. P11 has been led the dance that was predicted to play out if he was not careful. Now , having written that, P11 has chosen to go his own way in all of this time and time again and that is fine and for him. After all no-one can live a life for another.

However what is not OK in my book is for new posters or, for that matter, P11 himself to suggest that others are posting to denigrate . They are not. They are simply posting as they see it with the full 7 years of P11's life story under their own belts.

The old coals, as it is termed, which is the P11 yesterdays, are all a huge part of the P11 todays. He reaps as he has sown but no-one here would ever wish that man anything but good. He is just a little bit too blinkered to see that and ,with that, he is way too stubborn to hold his hands up and acknowledge that all the care, concern, help and advice over the past 7 years may have been the map and route to a far better outcome for him.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 15th 2021 at 6:40 am. Reason: A bit cross
Old Mar 15th 2021, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

As one who spent some years in a different Third World Country, I can say it is difficult for outsiders who have never lived and worked in a really under-developed country to understand what life is like there. I still send finan cial support to descendants and I am never quite sure if it is a scam or not. But should I deny a grandchild £50 which might really be for school fees ? Or might be for some less noble purpose !
Old Mar 15th 2021, 8:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by scot47
As one who spent some years in a different Third World Country, I can say it is difficult for outsiders who have never lived and worked in a really under-developed country to understand what life is like there. I still send finan cial support to descendants and I am never quite sure if it is a scam or not. But should I deny a grandchild £50 which might really be for school fees ? Or might be for some less noble purpose !
You are being responsible and supporting for your own . I know this of you. Yours is not of P11. You are very fine imvho.
You own you.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 15th 2021 at 8:16 am.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

--------------------------------------------------------------

When i look at this contribution to the thread with a cold,unblinking eye i have to say that i cannot possibly disagree,not even with 0.001% of it.It pains me to say this,but it may well be that there was very little love in the Lovely Lady right from the very start,a notion that can be rubber stamped by her behaviour during the past year or so.P11 is a decent man,in no way devoid of integrity or dignity,and certainly not lacking in fortitude.I just hope that nothing bad happens to him over there,should he continue to poke the hornet's nest.

Cheers.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 8:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm going to step in here and make a post of my own because what you have written , quoted above, is unjust.

For the benefit of all those new to this topic - and by that I mean just the last year or three. Specifically this new poster --

Many of us that have interacted with this thread and other previous threads ( topics) written by P11 have been doing so since 2014. I repeat - 2014. That is 7 years , since the inception of his quest & before he left UK shores. Several of us have read every single solitary post of this long going sorry saga . For some it was because there was a task to complete for P11. For others it was that they were boots on ground. None of us that have been with this all these years have any flipping well axe to grind at all. No MO. Nothing. It is simply commenting on the entire 7 years that has unfolded before the eyes which , as this is BE, is allowed.

Now, I can draft a very, very accurate precis and timeline for this entire 7 years if needs be . It's my skill and after all I was the BE Site Lead for 5 of those 7 years and a SuperMod prior to that.

So , for the benefit of the relatively newcomers --------> .Posters right from the beginning were counseling caution & , looking back to those old posts, were very accurate in their advice & correct in their concern. P11 has been led the dance that was predicted to play out if he was not careful. Now , having written that, P11 has chosen to go his own way in all of this time and time again and that is fine and for him. After all no-one can live a life for another.

However what is not OK in my book is for new posters or, for that matter, P11 himself to suggest that others are posting to denigrate . They are not. They are simply posting as they see it with the full 7 years of P11's life story under their own belts.

The old coals, as it is termed, which is the P11 yesterdays, are all a huge part of the P11 todays. He reaps as he has sown but no-one here would ever wish that man anything but good. He is just a little bit too blinkered to see that and ,with that, he is way too stubborn to hold his hands up and acknowledge that all the care, concern, help and advice over the past 7 years may have been the map and route to a far better outcome for him.
As BEVS says, it's been clear from the very, very start.

This was in post number 23 on this thread, within a short period of arriving, P11 was getting fleeced;

One thing I am not getting used to is being "sponged off" if I can put it like that. Ok, I was forewarned by reading the articles on this forum.

First night on arrival the family members who met me suggested we go for a sea-food meal. The bill was presented to me and 4K was lifted from my wallet.

Second night, was a barbecue on the beach....another 3K was lifted. What annoyed me was that people who I did not know just turned up...helped themselves and disappeared without a thank you.

Next episode was I needed to hire a car to go to Bacolod to obtain a BPI account. This resulted in another 6 people who also required to do business in Bacolod. Which meant hiring a bigger vehicle at 5K and leaving far earlier in the morning.

Then sponsorship duties on a Christening lifted another 1K.

Just found a house to rent and gf has now asked if her sister and child can live in the cellar for 3 months whilst her house is being renovated. I said ok on the proviso she pays her way and helps around the house.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS

Your 4th paragraph. How do you know that the newcomers have not read my story? It also appears to me that some of the old timers also have not either read or understood my story judging by their comments. Denigrating remarks? You are telling me that having read all the posts that there are no denigrating remarks towards me? Now who is blinkered? Furthermore...I don't follow all advice. If I had followed some of the advice here I would have no defence in court. And finally I am in this position because I followed advice and left her.

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Mar 15th 2021 at 9:42 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.