Me and My Family

Old Mar 6th 2021, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Elgin1983
mike, if the judge orders monthly payments to WW for an indefinite period, what is to stop P11 just leaving the Philippines and not paying? Once the case is over and the verdict given, can he be prevented from leaving (assuming it is not a custodial or deportation sentence)?
He would not be able to get an Exit Clearance Certificate. These are issued by the BI. Without the exit clearance he would not be allowed to exit the Philippines.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 11:26 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
He would not be able to get an Exit Clearance Certificate. These are issued by the BI. Without the exit clearance he would not be allowed to exit the Philippines.
Couldn't he just pay for a few months and then leave? 🤔️🤔️
They can't stop him going on holiday for ever can they??

The whole things seems like a waste of time really.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

"Couldn't he just pay for a few months and then leave? 🤔️🤔️

The whole things seems like a waste of time really."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXACTLY...Book a holiday and leave forever..they cannot drag him back there.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
How would the annual visa run go then?
Old Mar 6th 2021, 2:34 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Some approximately 1000 pages back, I remember reading that if a person commits bigamy in the Philippines they can be arrested and sent to jail. What happened to that scenario, and why is she not afraid of that outcome? Confused.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

P11...I do not know how you are managing to cope with the stress of all this. Am I right in thinking you haven’t got the financial means to move out of the Philippines even if you could or wanted to?
Old Mar 6th 2021, 3:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Some approximately 1000 pages back, I remember reading that if a person commits bigamy in the Philippines they can be arrested and sent to jail. What happened to that scenario, and why is she not afraid of that outcome? Confused.
Think she is unafraid because she is claiming that the signature on the marriage document is not hers and is a forgery.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 4:14 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaygee68
"Couldn't he just pay for a few months and then leave? 🤔️🤔️

The whole things seems like a waste of time really."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXACTLY...Book a holiday and leave forever..they cannot drag him back there.

That is what I was thinking. Mike, if he loses the case but does not have a custodial sentence or deportation but instead the judge imposes an order for him to pay WW monthly instalments, would he need an exit clearance certificate from the BI just to go on holiday? In which case he could leave and never return. Perhaps hop across to Cambodia or Thailand. But if the judge orders a large lump sum payment and he is unable to leave the country until it is paid, he is in big trouble.

This case really is a cautionary tale for white men who wish to retire in an Oriental paradise. Go ahead by all means: it beats being an anonymous old fart in a freezing British winter. But keep your wits and wealth about you. Don't buy property or anything big. Don't take bullshit. Set ground rules and stick to them, particularly financial, ie a monthly allowance. If your LL wants to start a business, wish her good luck and tell her to fund it herself: businesses are supposed to make money, not swallow it up. If possible, live far away from her family. Never forget that you are an outsider and will never fully integrate, understand or be one of the people of whatever country you are in. Always be ready to leave at short notice. Never forget that there are tens of thousands of attractive LLs who would love to get to know a westerner with (by third world standards) fairly significant means; make sure your LL is aware that she is the lucky one in the relationship.

The funny thing is, once she realises that you won't be messed around and that she is eminently replaceable, she will work harder to keep and please you. And you will have the best chance of an enjoyable retirement.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Think she is unafraid because she is claiming that the signature on the marriage document is not hers and is a forgery.
She can't claim she saw the certificate at the time and didn't report the forgery. She will claim she never saw any certificate until much later and was unknowingly tricked into a marriage She claims to have been in hospital at the time. But why would the other party trick her into marriage? Why would he do that? Either her signature is valid or possibly it was forged, but only as a matter of convenience by the husband as she was not there to sign. The trick claim is not a credible one. Maybe if she made the convenience argument she could get out of the marriage on a technicality, Anyway I hope P11's lawyer has some pertinent questions ready about the man on the claimed invalid marriage certificate.

The question of whether P11's marriage was bigamous on her part may affect the settlement amount in that there may be a view she is not deserving and it also might cast doubt on the truth of any statements she makes about her own finances.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

The final chapter of this sorry tale could make TV Patrol LOL
Old Mar 7th 2021, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if Philosophical ever looks in the mirror and thinks... Was it all worth it.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elgin1983
That is what I was thinking. Mike, if he loses the case but does not have a custodial sentence or deportation but instead the judge imposes an order for him to pay WW monthly instalments, would he need an exit clearance certificate from the BI just to go on holiday? In which case he could leave and never return. Perhaps hop across to Cambodia or Thailand. But if the judge orders a large lump sum payment and he is unable to leave the country until it is paid, he is in big trouble.

This case really is a cautionary tale for white men who wish to retire in an Oriental paradise. Go ahead by all means: it beats being an anonymous old fart in a freezing British winter. But keep your wits and wealth about you. Don't buy property or anything big. Don't take bullshit. Set ground rules and stick to them, particularly financial, ie a monthly allowance. If your LL wants to start a business, wish her good luck and tell her to fund it herself: businesses are supposed to make money, not swallow it up. If possible, live far away from her family. Never forget that you are an outsider and will never fully integrate, understand or be one of the people of whatever country you are in. Always be ready to leave at short notice. Never forget that there are tens of thousands of attractive LLs who would love to get to know a westerner with (by third world standards) fairly significant means; make sure your LL is aware that she is the lucky one in the relationship.

The funny thing is, once she realises that you won't be messed around and that she is eminently replaceable, she will work harder to keep and please you. And you will have the best chance of an enjoyable retirement.
Basic simple and should be required reading for all the older gents who take their first post retirement trip to Philippines and Thailand , thinking , " this looks good".
They cozy up to the first lady who bats her eyes at them , not realising the bait is on the line.. and that said older gent isnt the fisherman, despite thinking to the contrary.
In my 30 years in and around the Philippines have seem similar stories to this one played out 100 times, seen the same on 100s of youturbe videos, read about it 100s of times on various expat websites, heard 100 Raffy Tulfo programmes with same sob stories and yet still these retired keep coming all thinking " I will find a girl who is different. ". They never are.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 4:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebie
I wonder if Philosophical ever looks in the mirror and thinks... Was it all worth it.
I think he'd still say yes. He's been asked many times to read the entire thread again when he's stated it was all rainbows and unicorns until the last five minutes but he won't, he says he lived it, he denies there were issues or he's scared to. Either way, his choice. And what else would he be doing? Sitting in a gloomy one bed flat somewhere in the UK, unhappy and probably cold? He's been very happy for long periods, he loves the lifestyle, even now, given half a chance he'd move back to the town he was living in. Would I want to have lived these last few years like this? Absolutely not but I'm not him and neither are you. I might not want to live your life and visa versa.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings...

Many thanks again for your continued interest and comments. There are many comments and questions so I will try and answer them as I see them.

Leaving the Philippines. What SHOULD happen is that any foreigner who gets into trouble with the authorities should be recorded and notified to BI. Something as small as a parking ticket for instance. I dont know if there is a central data base for this. The foreigner then has a marker against his name and picked up by BI if he tried to leave the country. If that happens the foreigner is then put into a detention centre until the problem is resolved. Most can be resolved immediately but with a court case it cannot. He is placed in detention until the date of the trial. It is viewed as trying to escape the course of justice.

I have a Criminal case against me and from what I understand the judge determines guilt and sentence or innocence. Monetary compensation does not come into it. The sentence can be imprisonment or a fine ....or both. Monetary compensation is only applicable in in Civil case. In my Criminal case and depending what what you read, I can be sentenced to a mandatory minimum one year in jail and fine up to 300k........or possible jail sentence with a fine of up 300k. The only way she can obtain money from me as maintenance is through a Family Court. She threatened me with this when I first left her. But the Family Court process is for married couples only. Once I found out that she was a bigamist, the threat disappeared.

Re my Exit Clearance. I intend to make a few more inquiries tomorrow before deciding what to do. I dont think Motion of Resolution is the way to go. But I may be wrong. The MR is for those who want to stay beyond the 3 yrs. I am different, I cannot leave.....even if i wanted to. MR is very very expensive so I need to get it right. Especially knowing BI will try to cream as much money out of me as possible. Going underground has been mentioned. An option.....but a last option, only after my case is settled.

It was suggested I offered her nothing. I have 4 attorneys now who say that I have a good case and SHOULD be ok. But that is not 100% certainty. It is down to the judge and if he is fair. What if she tells further lies in court......or becomes a sobbing wreck dressed in rags? No, although I loathe to give her one more centavo, I have to face the harsh reality and perhaps buy myself freedom but not to financial detriment to myself. The ball is in her court now. She could take what I offered and tell all her friends whatever she wanted to make her look good and me the villain. Or she can take the risk and go to court and be made to look what she is.....a scheming, deceitful, bigamist and scammer......and come away with nothing and her tarnished character in tatters and shamed before all. But if she wins.....would it be worth 15k pm?

I should have deleted her number. How many times has that been mentioned? If I had done that then I would be in serious trouble and could not defend myself. Her Financial and Physcological Case could not be defended.

Doubts have been raised about the uncertainty of my confidence of my defence. Nothing has changed as far as the case is concerned so I dont see how doubts can arise.

Again, it has been stated that I should have filed for bigamy to strengthen my case. it does not. Filing a case is an accusation, not proof. I have proof that she is a bigamist from PSA. This answers another question....I should obtain a copy of our marriage certificate to see if it has been filed. It has been filed. It is registered with PSA.

Why would anyone want to live here on meager funds.....another question answered before. I would prefer to live here on meager funds than in the UK. My meager funds go further here.

A question was raised about her bigamy. This is a serious criminal offence and carries a jail sentence of one year. She denies being a bigamist because she was not present at the mass wedding. She was in hospital after being assaulted by her husband to be. I have only seen part of that marriage certificate and the signature is no where like she uses now. However it is a very poor copy and the the signature that can be seen could be over signed her original signature. However in law, unless she deals with this claimed forged document ....she is still a bigamist.

Stress. Yes, there is stress and the only way I can sleep now is with a few glasses of Emperador. This relaxes me and sleep immediately at peace. However I tend to wake up very early in the morning and lay there with my mind working overtime. Normally negative and dark thoughts. However, once I am up and about again I feel more positive.

Funds. Certainly I have no savings, but I have 4 flexi friends. Plus family if it comes to that. I have been saving a fair bit of money since leaving WW but using that to pay off my credit cards and rebuilding further credit if required.

Rete......Bless you.

Question ......I normally read BE on my CP but it does not allow me to post or reply. Why is that. I post with my lap top which is giving me problems and may well be giving up the ghost. If that happens I could be in the fertilising business as far as posting here because I am saving funds for more important issues. Answers greatly appreciated....especially from Admin.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Mar 7th 2021 at 5:25 am.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebie
Basic simple and should be required reading for all the older gents who take their first post retirement trip to Philippines and Thailand , thinking , " this looks good".
They cozy up to the first lady who bats her eyes at them , not realising the bait is on the line.. and that said older gent isnt the fisherman, despite thinking to the contrary.
In my 30 years in and around the Philippines have seem similar stories to this one played out 100 times, seen the same on 100s of youturbe videos, read about it 100s of times on various expat websites, heard 100 Raffy Tulfo programmes with same sob stories and yet still these retired keep coming all thinking " I will find a girl who is different. ". They never are.
Just seen this after I posted.

I agree with what you say, but that was not the case for me. We were FB friends for about a year before we met and indeed for the first 3 to 4 years life was perfect. What changed? Dont know for sure but she morphed very quickly from LL to WW. It has been suggested she suffered brain damage from her whitening injections or she became obsessed with another guy. I am now past caring but nonetheless deeply saddened how it has turned out trying my best to keep our marriage together.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.