Me and My Family

Old Feb 16th 2021, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

thaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Rete..

Thanks for your kind thoughts and taking time out to think about me.

The video conference happened this morning and it was a bit of a shambles. But what else can be expected here? The Prosecutor turned up 45 minutes late much to the ire of the judge. What would have happened if I had turned up that late? Then we had a problem with the connection, The Judge could not see my Attorney on cam but she protested that she can see him and everyone else. A frosty exchange tookplace. Then after I pleaded not guilty to the charges placed in front of me, the Judge wanted to go into a Pre-trial session. My Attorney protested because we were notified that this Hearing was for Arraignment only. He then set the Pre-trial for 27th April. Then someone from Fiscal asked for mediation, I presume on behalf of WW. That was granted for 15th February but in the big city. I have no idea how I will get to that at short notice with quarantine etc in place. However my Attorney will ask for video conference for that.

The internet was poor from where the Hearing was taking place. I had good internet at 24 MPBS. I could hardly hear what was being said because of background noise. But my Attorney rescued the situation for me. I now have to consider mediation but I have to discuss with my Attorney on how strong my cards are. I am not going to bankrupt myself for a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card

Keep safe
Did the mediation go ahead? Hope you are staying sane and safe!
Old Feb 16th 2021, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thaiing
Did the mediation go ahead? Hope you are staying sane and safe!

It did not happen....a complete shambles.

I had my arraignment on 27 January and my attorney said she will ask video conference for the Mediation scheduled 15th February. After a couple of weeks, I asked my attorney for an update. She said she cannot contact the Mediation Centre. I tried, and no reply by phone. On the internet the place is permanently closed. She kept trying....still no reply. No e.mail address shown. This is long story short. On the eve of the Mediation she said she will send someone to the Mediation Centre early in the morning and see about video conference. I waited like a coiled spring at the appointed time. Heard from my attorney that the Mediation Centre did not have my case registered to be heard. She later told me that video conference is not the norm and I have to go now to the "Big City" on the 15th March. To go there incurs quarantine and the rest of the crap that is involved.....not to mention travel costs (probably flights) ....hotel stays ad nauseam. And I think it will be a complete waste of my time.....and importantly my limited funds. Incidentally....WW was there and was heard shouting to someone that I was not there.

I have conveyed my concerns to my attorney about this and she said she will respond later today. Still waiting.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Feb 16th 2021 at 1:30 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

It did not happen....a complete shambles.

I had my arraignment on 27 January and my attorney said she will ask video conference for the Mediation scheduled 15th February. After a couple of weeks, I asked my attorney for an update. She said she cannot contact the Mediation Centre. I tried, and no reply by phone. On the internet the place is permanently closed. She kept trying....still no reply. No e.mail address shown. This is long story short. On the eve of the Mediation she said she will send someone to the Mediation Centre early in the morning and see about video conference. I waited like a coiled spring at the appointed time. Heard from my attorney that the Mediation Centre did not have my case registered to be heard. She later told me that video conference is not the norm and I have to go now to the "Big City" on the 15th March. To go there incurs quarantine and the rest of the crap that is involved.....not to mention travel costs (probably flights) ....hotel stays ad nauseam. And I think it will be a complete waste of my time.....and importantly my limited funds. Incidentally....WW was there and was heard shouting to someone that I was not there.

I have conveyed my concerns to my attorney about this and she said she will respond later today. Still waiting.

Regards
So situation absolutely normal and as expected then.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings

Had word from my attorney this morning that attendance at Mediation is not compulsory. In view of the strict travel conditions,time and cost I have decided not to attend. She contacted me on the 15th October last year with what appeared to be an overture to reconciliation and that is when I tried to negotiate a settlement. Her final demand was 25k pm for life was rejected in January this year. My offer was 12k pm for one year. She knows my door is always open. I have also suggested that my attorney contact her attorney to see if they could mediate. I think her ploy was to give me as much inconvenience as possible by suggesting Mediation when we could have done this privately some time ago. She has only inconvenienced herself .

Moving on...

I am due to leave the Philippines on a visa run on 19th March. Obviously that will not be possible now which is fine with me. I will get a one month visa this Friday and discuss with BI that I have a court case hanging over me. I think I will have to file for petition for extension which I believe takes months to process and has a limit of 6 months. I will file on the grounds that I have criminal case against me, I have an outstanding case against the Sheriff, an outstanding case in the Small Claims Procedure.and that quarantine conditions in the UK make it impossible for me to return to the UK anyway. I hope to buy enough time so the restrictions here ease to allow me to complete a 24 hr visa run.

Regards
Old Feb 17th 2021, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

thaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond reputethaiing has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update Philosophical 11 . Not a good space to be in. And doesn't look like ending anytime soon. Hope you are at least enjoying life for the moment.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Although travel to the uk would be inconvenient travelling out of the Philippines and back in again is still allowed and possible. You would need the appropriate paperwork including your marriage certificate to gain a 9a visa to return.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

.and that quarantine conditions in the UK make it impossible for me to return to the UK anyway.
Does it have to be the UK? Or would any third country, other than PH and UK, also be fine?
Old Feb 17th 2021, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Does it have to be the UK? Or would any third country, other than PH and UK, also be fine?
No it doesn't need to be the UK but I would suggest a bit of homework first, somewhere with not to onerous quarantine requirements and an easily accessible Philippines embassy to secure you return 9a visa.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Although travel to the uk would be inconvenient travelling out of the Philippines and back in again is still allowed and possible. You would need the appropriate paperwork including your marriage certificate to gain a 9a visa to return.
Would not waving a known bigamous marriage certificate in front of BI get you into more trouble than waving a P1,000 note to obtain a 9a visa??
Old Feb 17th 2021, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Would not waving a known bigamous marriage certificate in front of BI get you into more trouble than waving a P1,000 note to obtain a 9a visa??
Might solve Pll problems if he can't re-enter the Philippines.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings...

Thanks for your interest and comments thus far. I will try and deal with them in order:

Thaiing.....Thankyou. i can tell you that although the pressure is now mounting resulting in disturbed sleep, However I am enjoying life to the full at the moment.

Gazza.....I have looked at the 9a avenue and I am getting conflicting information wherever I look. I need to do more research on that but I will ask directly at BI when I go there on Friday. I have to say this (Admin delete if inappropriate) There is a bent immigration official there that I have to see. I will state facts and see what he says. I am not wont to go down that route but I will listen with an open mind. I always want things open and above board unless I get desperate.

Sushi,,,,,,No it does not have to be in the UK. But Asian countries are closed at the moment otherwise I would shoot off to Vietnam ...Cambodia to name two until I can get back into the Philippines. I am actively considering Turkey which is open. I have many holidays there at Icmeler which is very cheap. Only problem is all restaurants are closed except takeouts at the moment. So I am now looking at the bustling resort of Marmaris.

Stokkevn....I fail to see why I am fighting a bigamous marriage will get me into trouble with BI

Gazza ....Explain to me why that not re-entering the Philippines will solve all my problems?

Regards

Old Feb 17th 2021, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza ....Explain to me why that not re-entering the Philippines will solve all my problems?

Regards
Because it gives you a reason not of your own making to just walk away.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Because it gives you a reason not of your own making to just walk away.
Walk away from what? If I have left the Philippines then I have been acquitted. If I have been deported then I cannot re-enter .
Old Feb 17th 2021, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn....I fail to see why I am fighting a bigamous marriage will get me into trouble with BI
It is not the fighting the bigamous marriage, but I think it would give you a problem if you you use the marriage certificate to re-enter the Philippines while in court to prove that the marriage was illegal.

Forgot to add https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/philippines a friend says this seems to have the latest info on trying to enter the Philippines

Last edited by Stokkevn; Feb 17th 2021 at 11:58 am.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
It is not the fighting the bigamous marriage, but I think it would give you a problem if you you use the marriage certificate to re-enter the Philippines while in court to prove that the marriage was illegal.

Forgot to add https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/philippines a friend says this seems to have the latest info on trying to enter the Philippines

Agree ....But I am not trying to do that. Please try to catch up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.