Me and My Family

Old Nov 21st 2020, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

"All of those things work PROVIDED EVERYONE follows the rules. However some humans don't believe they have to care for their fellow man, that the rules don't apply to them and thus we're getting the second and third waves."
Have you noticed that in the self entitled parts of the world record numbers of new cases and deaths are being experienced.
To try and put it in perspective C-19 deaths in the USA will exceed their dead in WW2 and in half the time.
I am very happy being in the Philippines although I have had the dreaded lurgy. I'm afraid that increases in suicides, bankruptcies, unemployment is not confined to the nation of 7000 islands.
What does concern me is that it will probably be well into 2022 before universal vaccinations are available here.
Stay safe and wash your hands!
Old Nov 21st 2020, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
To try and put it in perspective C-19 deaths in the USA will exceed their dead in WW2 and in half the time
At present the deaths in the US is 5.5 times as many as military combat personnel deaths ( you know the 'losers and suckers' ) in Vietnam and at present just 30k less than those US military killed in WWII ( both Pacific & Europe operations )

An American friend returned to the US about three weeks ago, he has now had to quarantine because his brother he is living with has the virus, he has not yet been tested. But as a diabetic with a dodgy heart I hope that he is negative.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Following the rules is much easier said than done for many in third world countries with their cramped living and working conditions.

Surveys seem to show that in contrast to many people in the USA and some in Europe the majority of locals here don't see them as an assault on their freedom or even if they do they feel they should follow them. This is doubled down, maybe unnecessarily, by a militaristic approach in many 3rd world countries, including here.

Grass cutter teams at work in remote areas of our breezy, spacious subdivision, where mask wearing applies to all outside of residence, can be seen all keeping their masks on well away from supervision. Despite them making you feel hot and there being an extremely low risk of catching the virus in those conditions.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 6:14 pm
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
At present the deaths in the US is 5.5 times as many as military combat personnel deaths ( you know the 'losers and suckers' ) in Vietnam and at present just 30k less than those US military killed in WWII ( both Pacific & Europe operations.
This calculation is often cited as dramatic 'evidence' of something or other, because wow - more than WW2! But then when one points out that 2,89 million people die in the USA every year (240k per month), on average, it's not quite as scary, is it?
I'm not necessarily arguing against your viewpoint, just trying to add some perspective.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tooboocoo
This calculation is often cited as dramatic 'evidence' of something or other, because wow - more than WW2! But then when one points out that 2,89 million people die in the USA every year (240k per month), on average, it's not quite as scary, is it?
I'm not necessarily arguing against your viewpoint, just trying to add some perspective.
Still keeping it in perspective you loose 12,000 to 61,000 to flu each year.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Still keeping it in perspective you loose 12,000 to 61,000 to flu each year.
What is the meaning of your sentence?
Never mind the additional deaths?
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings....

Covid 19 has now spread to my page....so I will make a few observations for what it is worth;

1. The Philippines is an archipelago....there are over 7000 islands and that is where the travel passes if we have to have them should begin and end. The current system is depriving people of their work, livelihood, and meeting their loved ones. Businesses have gone bust...never to be recovered. Suicides in the Philippines have trebled this year.

2. 99.9% of us will not die of Covid 19. Covid 19 will be with us probably for ever. Such as TB,,,Flu...etc

3. If Social distancing works....why have face masks? If face masks works....why have social distancing? If all of those work....why have face shields and travel passes.? If
all of those work why are we now seeing second and third waves across the world?

With low infektion nos. in Europe during summer people got careless. With start of cold season people spend time indoors, restaurants, clubs. Big spreaders are schools as kids don't get sick and distribute the virus. Plus western govts. have badly failed handling the pandemic. Socalled 3rd world put the west to shame. In some wealthy countries (Switzerland) hospitals are full, triage decides who gets the bed.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
With low infektion nos. in Europe during summer people got careless. With start of cold season people spend time indoors, restaurants, clubs. Big spreaders are schools as kids don't get sick and distribute the virus. Plus western govts. have badly failed handling the pandemic. Socalled 3rd world put the west to shame. In some wealthy countries (Switzerland) hospitals are full, triage decides who gets the bed.
Doctors in Switzerland have called for people who are vulnerable to coronavirus complications to sign 'do not resuscitate orders'.

The move is part of efforts to ease pressure on Swiss intensive care units.

The measure includes people who are over 60 and those with heart disease or diabetes.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Of course your extended family may be paying an economic price wherever they live here.
No, unfortunately, not (just) an economic one.
Originally Posted by Raffin
Or they may be more directly affected by slow local responses, as occurred in Cebu City...(etc)
Yeah, that.

Last edited by abner; Nov 23rd 2020 at 8:24 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 8:26 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thistlehollyberry
Doctors in Switzerland have called for people who are vulnerable to coronavirus complications to sign 'do not resuscitate orders'.

The move is part of efforts to ease pressure on Swiss intensive care units.

The measure includes people who are over 60 and those with heart disease or diabetes.
Apart from some Daily Mail utter bollocks splash page, do you have anything else to back that up?
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 11:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Apart from some Daily Mail utter bollocks splash page, do you have anything else to back that up?
You're 100% correct BB, it is utter bollocks. The DM has (surprise surprise!) grabbed a far less controversial story published elsewhere and made it into a screaming clickbait 'you're going to be murdered!' piece of rubbish.

Reuters reports that the Swiss Society for Intensive Care Medicine has asked people who are particularly vulnerable to complications from covid to record their end of life wishes. Far from a 'do not resuscitate order' an end of life document, often called a Living Will, allows a person to express their wishes in the event that they become so ill that they require invasive medical treatment that may or may not sustain their lives. Such wishes can range from 'do all you can and don't spare the horses' to 'if my brain has been severely damaged let me pass away with dignity' to 'don't artifically bring me back to life if I've carked it'. Living Wills are generally not seen as being controversial as they're all about respecting people's individual preferences.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUKKBN2802GH

While a conversation around the pros and cons of Living Wills is perfectly sensible, translating that to 'people are being told to sign do not resuscitate orders' is typical of trashy tabloids.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 11:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you wish to discuss COVID etc, please do so in a separate thread or use the existing thread in The Lounge forum. Thanks.

Old Nov 24th 2020, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If you wish to discuss COVID etc, please do so in a separate thread or use the existing thread in The Lounge forum. Thanks.

Back to the 5-year train wreck already in progress then...?
Old Nov 24th 2020, 2:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
Back to the 5-year train wreck already in progress then...?
Old Nov 24th 2020, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
1. 7000 islands is irrelevant when travel between the islands is as common as other countries driving to another town. All of those things are happening everywhere. This is a first of its kind pandemic in our lifetime, governments are doing what they can. Will some have got it wrong? Absolutely. Will some have got it right? Absolutely. There isn't a one size fits all.

2. And? The main reasons for the preventative measures are a) keep numbers low in hospitals so they can cope and b) to try and prevent greater numbers of the vunerable from dying.

3. Because sometimes social distancing isn't possible or people don't do it. Face masks stop you spreading your germs to others however COVID isn't just spread by airborne particles. Travel passes - in Australia anyway - are to prevent people travelling whilst having been in contact with COVID so you (general) don't spread it from area to area. All of those things work PROVIDED EVERYONE follows the rules. However some humans don't believe they have to care for their fellow man, that the rules don't apply to them and thus we're getting the second and third waves.
7000 islands is not irrelevant. They are natural borders and more easily controlled whereas moving from town to town is more difficult to control.

Moving on.....

An interesting development.. Whilst waiting for my attorney to find out if a date has been set.....which took her a week. I decided to randomly contact a Regional Trial Court (of which there many) in my area where I used to reside. I sent a message and got a customary acknowledgement back. That was about a week or so ago. I got a message today asking me to contact them and left a telephone number. Which I duly did this afternoon. It appears that the appeal my attorney sent 5 weeks ago has still not been considered because the court is very busy. I am to ring back in a week or so to find out if a resolution has been made. So it appears that I am not waiting a trial date .....but a resolution. This has made me more optimistic that perhaps my case will not go to trial, and it also gives me more time to save for defence. However, I am disappointed that my attorney has not told me that we are awaiting a resolution....and not a trial date. She just said that a date has not been assigned to my case.

The wicked witch ...hereafter known as WW sent me a text yesterday basically saying she knows the date of the trial.....and have I received the letter with the details. Either she has lost contact with her attorney or trying to intimidate me.

It seems I am still getting snide remarks. It is a shame that the usual suspects cannot say anything intelligent or constructive. Your problem....not mine.

Keep safe all....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.