Me and My Family

Old Oct 24th 2020, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Greetings

Raffin and Ten to try to answer some points. I think I have thrown her a lifeline. My intel tells me she has no financial backer. She is being pursued for debts. This is why she is being polite and cordial....far from spewing fire and venom before. She never wanted a settlement before but to see me behind bars every day....to visit and then laugh in my face. She will visit Fiscal on Monday and speak with them about a financial support settlement.

It is me that has got the evidence to prove she has no case but that matters not a jot in the Philippines. But the problem for me maybe is that I stopped her allowance end of January. But did I cause her financial abuse as per RA9262(5i)?

I think from memory that she filed a case before I found out that she was a bigamist. She is very confident that will be proved untrue .

Moving on....

My attorney is going to try and call me tomorrow to discuss my defence in full. I will report the outcome here.

My Ex is going to see her attorney on Monday and I hope we can come to some sort of agreement.I shall update. If we can agree to some sort of deal, I will pursue the Sheriff for willfully obstructing the course of justice.

Raffin and Ten. Thank you both for your continued support.

Keep safe all

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Oct 24th 2020 at 11:42 am.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Some comments on the replies to me of Ten and P11:

Ten: I think P11 does have a good chance of winning in court and so him trying for a settlement, though good to explore, is not a lifeline. Because if his "ex" had a slam dunk case due to personal connections with judges etc or bribery she wouldn't be bothering with a settlement. Yes, there may be some systemic bias here in courts against foreigners. But as I have said before here it is difficult to gage how prevalent. You can't judge experiences posted on forums and the odd case we see reported in the media. However I think it is definitely true to say that in general people here are not biased against us. So let's start from that and say if you have a good case, lawyer etc you at least have a fair chance? I would say a good one .P11 would be the best judge. He has outlined here the financial help he has given in recent posts so I was surprised he said yesterday that having a good case "matters not a jot in the Philippines" To me the psychological part of the charge is the more problematic as evidence there could be subject to more subjective interpretation than on the financial part.

If you read my post again but carefully you will see I didn't suggest P11 should apply to Raffy Tulfo. Just drop his name. As a threat, or maybe hint, a better word to use. Because he is known to have cases with Expats on his programmes and to be generally hard on scamming and scheming Filipinas and helpful to the male Expats. Yes, P11 would need a mini series with him and usually the lady must appear also. With a case pending Tulfo probably wouldn't do it anyway. But if things get bad he may be worth a try,
Not that it is necessarily relevant, but if you search Mr Tulfo you will find he faced a bigamy charge himself a few years ago. Outcome unknown online, but he obviously didn't go to prison for 6 years!

P11: Your Ex may indeed be in financial trouble, but I also suggest to you that especially in these times of staying at home, work options few she has had time for the true strength of her case to sink in. As you say vengeance and money is now just money and a settlement is quicker and more reliable to get that.
You say she brought the case before she knew you got proof of her bigamy? How is she going to argue against that? Surely the court would tell her she must go to the PSA and make her case to them? This point has already been made by several posters here some months ago.
So I repeat, you have a useful leverage with the bigamy when it comes to settlement negotiations
Does she now know you have official confirmation she was married before?
Better if she doesn't yet, but whatever I think you need to drop it into the conversation with her or her representative. Not too strongly as that may constitute psychological harm if you do end up in court!

Old Oct 25th 2020, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Some comments on the replies to me of Ten and P11:

Ten: I think P11 does have a good chance of winning in court and so him trying for a settlement, though good to explore, is not a lifeline. Because if his "ex" had a slam dunk case due to personal connections with judges etc or bribery she wouldn't be bothering with a settlement. Yes, there may be some systemic bias here in courts against foreigners. But as I have said before here it is difficult to gage how prevalent. You can't judge experiences posted on forums and the odd case we see reported in the media. However I think it is definitely true to say that in general people here are not biased against us. So let's start from that and say if you have a good case, lawyer etc you at least have a fair chance? I would say a good one .P11 would be the best judge. He has outlined here the financial help he has given in recent posts so I was surprised he said yesterday that having a good case "matters not a jot in the Philippines" To me the psychological part of the charge is the more problematic as evidence there could be subject to more subjective interpretation than on the financial part.

If you read my post again but carefully you will see I didn't suggest P11 should apply to Raffy Tulfo. Just drop his name. As a threat, or maybe hint, a better word to use. Because he is known to have cases with Expats on his programmes and to be generally hard on scamming and scheming Filipinas and helpful to the male Expats. Yes, P11 would need a mini series with him and usually the lady must appear also. With a case pending Tulfo probably wouldn't do it anyway. But if things get bad he may be worth a try,
Not that it is necessarily relevant, but if you search Mr Tulfo you will find he faced a bigamy charge himself a few years ago. Outcome unknown online, but he obviously didn't go to prison for 6 years!

P11: Your Ex may indeed be in financial trouble, but I also suggest to you that especially in these times of staying at home, work options few she has had time for the true strength of her case to sink in. As you say vengeance and money is now just money and a settlement is quicker and more reliable to get that.
You say she brought the case before she knew you got proof of her bigamy? How is she going to argue against that? Surely the court would tell her she must go to the PSA and make her case to them? This point has already been made by several posters here some months ago.
So I repeat, you have a useful leverage with the bigamy when it comes to settlement negotiations
Does she now know you have official confirmation she was married before?
Better if she doesn't yet, but whatever I think you need to drop it into the conversation with her or her representative. Not too strongly as that may constitute psychological harm if you do end up in court!
The "matters not a jot" comes from my view of the bias that is held where court cases against foreigners are concerned. But maybe I have overstated the point.

The Psychological aspect is purely based on her claim that I upped sticks never to be heard of again. This caused her physiological damage. I have kept all my messages from the time I told her that I was leaving and the reason for so leaving. It will also show my conditions if she wished me to return. It will also show how I kept up paying for medical treatment until the course finished in January. And how I re-homed her when the tenancy agreement was up. Not to mention the payments of about 28k pm. The only thing I am now unclear about is should I have stopped her payments altogether? I hope my attorney can enlighten me this afternoon.

The office of Raffy Tulfo knows about my case. I have heard nothing further.

I dont think bigamy is relevant in my case anymore. RA9262(5i) applies to all couples, ...married or not.

Keep safe
Old Oct 25th 2020, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
The "matters not a jot" comes from my view of the bias that is held where court cases against foreigners are concerned. But maybe I have overstated the point.

The Psychological aspect is purely based on her claim that I upped sticks never to be heard of again. This caused her physiological damage. I have kept all my messages from the time I told her that I was leaving and the reason for so leaving. It will also show my conditions if she wished me to return. It will also show how I kept up paying for medical treatment until the course finished in January. And how I re-homed her when the tenancy agreement was up. Not to mention the payments of about 28k pm. The only thing I am now unclear about is should I have stopped her payments altogether? I hope my attorney can enlighten me this afternoon.

I dont think bigamy is relevant in my case anymore. RA9262(5i) applies to all couples, ...married or not.

Keep safe
P11, not maybe..you are definitely overstating the extent of bias against foreigners in court cases here. I have already explained this point twice in recent posts. I I will have one more go at it in a different way. You get the idea of bias from people you know, posters here and media reports .Is it likely that people you know and posters here or on other forums will relate how they won a court case against a local? Or there will be a news report about how a foreigner won a case? Only about an Expat shooting up the court!

There must be some who win and don't publicize it. What is the surprise that on a forum thread like this people will relate their bad experiences? Your thread has now become mainly the tale of a bad experience and it will naturally attract comments which tell of other bad experiences. Anyway, I would guess that forums like this one only have a very small percentage of their target membership.

The problem is that it's making you more pessimistic. Have a look at what you replied to Gazza on October 16 and me on October 9.

On the psychological aspect my point is really that your LL can make drama drama...as they say here. Money matters are easier to defend.

Lastly, on the bigamy you haven't understood my point at all! Yes, I know that the law you are charged under makes no distinction as to married or live in. You yourself made that very clear some time ago.

What I am saying is that for both the court case and any settlement negotiations the fact that you say you have a confirmatory official paper saying she was married previously will give a good advantage to you. In he court it will throw a bad light on her character and the truth of any evidence she gives. Your lawyer will advise you on the best way to bring it to the notice of the court. Or if you only get to settlement negotiations it could pressure her to settle at a lower cost to you as she will not want it known in court. Good if she can understand the onus is on her to deal with the PSA to delete the marriage record.

If you don't use all the leverage you have you can come out of the settlement in a poor financial state. She will use the argument that as you will save legal costs through not having to defend yourself in court so you must pay her more.

I asked whether she already knows you have a paper confirming her bigamy. You didn't answer. Important because if she knows you have it she won't be keen to have that known in court and will be more likely to do a reasonable deal with you.

Make sure you address the bigamy issue too in any settlement negotiations. You put the reasons to do that very well in a post on October 8. But what you said there is now irrelevant if you now want to go back to her. As are then my views on any settlement negotiations.

Last edited by Raffin; Oct 25th 2020 at 6:02 am. Reason: date change
Old Oct 25th 2020, 11:51 pm
Ten
Forum Regular

Ten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Raffin
P11, not maybe..you are definitely overstating the extent of bias against foreigners in court cases here. I have already explained this point twice in recent posts. I I will have one more go at it in a different way. You get the idea of bias from people you know, posters here and media reports .Is it likely that people you know and posters here or on other forums will relate how they won a court case against a local? Or there will be a news report about how a foreigner won a case? Only about an Expat shooting up the court!
Mr Raffin as your mind is clearly made up regarding any prejudice in the judicial system here I have just a final comment.

During my case I was assisted in the preparation by a very prominent experienced attorney here in Bacolod. He is a personal friend how ever did not present the case. The comment he made to me which stays with me was, Please understand its extremely difficult here for a foreigner to win a case. Note he did not say impossible.

My personal view is any case involving a foreigner depends much more on the Judge than the evidence being presented.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings...

Had a long chat with my attorney yesterday afternoon And in a nutshell she said I have a very good case. The appeal however is in the lap of the Gods. The hearing if it goes ahead wont happen for some time yet. Plenty of time then for me to negotiate a settlement with my ex. She says that I have plenty of evidence but the strongest is that she is a bigamist (Raffin!) and had concealed two sets of kids from me. Because of this deceit it casts great doubt on her credibility.

Moving on....

Raffin ....Yes I do have evidence that she is a bigamist from PSA. I have mentioned this before.

On the issue of bias against foreigners ....I think it depends on if you are the plaintiff or accused. I have documented my case of the sheriff, Mikek1 has documented his case and Ten appears to have suffered also as plaintiffs. I am hoping it is not the same in my case as the accused if it comes to court .

A spy tells me that my ex wants me back. No chance of that.

Keep safe

Old Oct 26th 2020, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

... A spy tells me that my ex wants me back ...
aka, ‘my ex wants access to my regular pensions’.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Go on, give her one more chance, what have you got to lose.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Keep safe
If there is a chance for a quick settlement my opinion be take it. Trying to guess what will happen court not easy always in 1st world country- and definitely with incompetence or anti foreigner or corruption, very problematic in third world country.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 12:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings...

Had a long chat with my attorney yesterday afternoon And in a nutshell she said I have a very good case. The appeal however is in the lap of the Gods. The hearing if it goes ahead wont happen for some time yet. Plenty of time then for me to negotiate a settlement with my ex. She says that I have plenty of evidence but the strongest is that she is a bigamist (Raffin!) and had concealed two sets of kids from me. Because of this deceit it casts great doubt on her credibility.

Moving on....

Raffin ....Yes I do have evidence that she is a bigamist from PSA. I have mentioned this before.

On the issue of bias against foreigners ....I think it depends on if you are the plaintiff or accused. I have documented my case of the sheriff, Mikek1 has documented his case and Ten appears to have suffered also as plaintiffs. I am hoping it is not the same in my case as the accused if it comes to court .

Keep safe
It’s pretty obvious that she wants you back, she misses your money. I hope you will not fall for it and I hope the ‘settlement’ you talk of will not be money.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 1:51 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, it’s clear you love her still. But stop the addiction
Old Oct 26th 2020, 2:46 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Dude, it’s clear you love her still. But stop the addiction
Old Oct 26th 2020, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Considering Phil11's reports over the bad years (not to mention the knife & dog episode) wouldn't the Ava Max 'Sweet but Psycho' video clip be more in keeping with her terrifying behaviour?
Old Oct 26th 2020, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Considering Phil11's reports over the bad years (not to mention the knife & dog episode) wouldn't the Ava Max 'Sweet but Psycho' video clip be more in keeping with her terrifying behaviour?
Yes...and for the rockers amongst us there's Kasabian from 2017 with "You're in love with a Psycho".

In Kasabian's song there's the line ",,,,,and there's nothing you can do about it".

P11 has firmly said no to going back, but as time passes he will think of those bad episodes less and less. But he can at least look back at his relevant posts here.
Better still get them printed and put up on the wall!
Old Oct 27th 2020, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings..

Questions have been asked about the settlement and will it involve money. Of course it will. Do you expect it to be sacks of rice or that I go back to her? Settlements generally consist of money, this will be no different. I have offered her a lump sum which is well below the expected attorney costs. If she accepts then I can move on quicker with my new life and no prospect of jail or deportation. However, to date I have yet to hear from her.

My attorney has based her appeal on the fact that the prosecutor has glossed over the fact that my ex is a bigamist and concealed two sets of children from me. As you know bigamy is a very serious crime here and carries a jail sentence. This shows her deceit and cannot be trusted. I am more comforted by the fact if it goes to trial, I can show there was no Physcological violence ...I have kept all our convo's from day one. On the Financial side of the case, my doubts about ceasing her allowance at the end of January has been covered by this: Did she need financial support from me when she was well able to afford the interest repayments of 4k pm up until 2 month ago. I have kept that convo with the creditor. Not to mention the 24k face lift she had after I stopped repayments. In my long call to my attorney I failed to mention to her about the message I got from an American FB account. How can she send that? She either has his cp or knows his log in details .I favour the former. She then sent me the same message from a faked account. I guess she realised that she made a grave error .Especially as the profile pic of this butch guy has now been changed to a woman.... I think my attorney will have a field day with that.

Keep safe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.