Me and My Family

Old Oct 16th 2020, 8:25 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Nothing has changed then in over 40 years. The only time I have ever registered with the British Embassy was in Persia in 1979, we were abandoned by the embassy who very nicely left a recorded message on their phone saying that no one was available to answer our call, mainly because they had all fled the revolution leaving us to escape illegally with the assistance of very nice Iranians.
Agree with Stokkevn and Scot47. The British embassy are utterly useless unless you are an arms dealer and/or went to Eton. Case in point, many Brits working in Saudi managed to escape the worst of the heat and covid lockdowns this summer, but soon needed to return to resume our employment. Most other European embassies (Irish, Swedish, among others) worked with the Saudi Foreign Ministry to arrange places on the special return flights for their citizens. Our many entreaties, by contrast, were met with the canned message that there were "currently no flights available".

Best of luck Phil11. I suspect you will need it. Most of the world is deeply tribal and will support their own kind against a foreigner. It is only we idiots in the West who have bucked the trend (we now give greater rights to foreigners than to our own people. Go figure.)

For anyone else reading, by all means go retire in a tropical paradise. Find a delightful dusky young maiden (well, perhaps not the last) who makes you happy. But never buy property, never get married, and ensure they understand you could leave at any moment, at which time the rent, pocket money etc would cease. That way, they have motivation to keep you happy and healthy.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 10:08 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elgin1983
Agree with Stokkevn and Scot47. The British embassy are utterly useless unless you are an arms dealer and/or went to Eton. Case in point, many Brits working in Saudi managed to escape the worst of the heat and covid lockdowns this summer, but soon needed to return to resume our employment. Most other European embassies (Irish, Swedish, among others) worked with the Saudi Foreign Ministry to arrange places on the special return flights for their citizens. Our many entreaties, by contrast, were met with the canned message that there were "currently no flights available".

Best of luck Phil11. I suspect you will need it. Most of the world is deeply tribal and will support their own kind against a foreigner. It is only we idiots in the West who have bucked the trend (we now give greater rights to foreigners than to our own people. Go figure.)

For anyone else reading, by all means go retire in a tropical paradise. Find a delightful dusky young maiden (well, perhaps not the last) who makes you happy. But never buy property, never get married, and ensure they understand you could leave at any moment, at which time the rent, pocket money etc would cease. That way, they have motivation to keep you happy and healthy.
And they say romance is dead. 😁😁😁

Just sounds like rentawife to me. Nothing wrong with that as long as both parties know what they're getting into and where they stand. But that's often not the case, for both parties.

Old Oct 16th 2020, 10:20 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
And they say romance is dead. 😁😁😁

Just sounds like rentawife to me. Nothing wrong with that as long as both parties know what they're getting into and where they stand. But that's often not the case, for both parties.
I wouldn't say that. You can find someone you have a connection with and attraction for, be monogamous, provide for her to the best of your ability and have a pleasant life together in the sun. None of that requires marriage or purchasing real estate.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 12:49 am
Ten
Forum Regular

Ten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
Expect no help from The Brit Embassy.
I understand I will be thrashed for this how ever.

There was a recent incident where in a British subject had fallen foul of the BI. The offence has no resemblance to P11.

He was told he would be arrested and sent to a detention center. He was in correspondence with the Embassy.

The Embassy immediately contacted the BI and assisted him in raising funds from abroad, I do not have the info from whom the funds came from. Eventually the situation was resolved This gentleman stated without his proven correspondence to the Embassy he would of been in detention. Sorry I have no more info, my point is it costs nothing for the OP to inform the Embassy of his situation.

P 11 Again I wish you best of British, your eyes are open and your points are very valid. Sincerely wish the Judge that hears your case will take into consideration the points raised.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ten

There was a recent incident where in a British subject had fallen foul of the BI. The offence has no resemblance to P11.

He was told he would be arrested and sent to a detention center. He was in correspondence with the Embassy.

The Embassy immediately contacted the BI and assisted him in raising funds from abroad, I do not have the info from whom the funds came from. Eventually the situation was resolved This gentleman stated without his proven correspondence to the Embassy he would of been in detention. Sorry I have no more info, my point is it costs nothing for the OP to inform the Embassy of his situation.

P 11 Again I wish you best of British, your eyes are open and your points are very valid. Sincerely wish the Judge that hears your case will take into consideration the points raised.

The embassy would have contacted relatives etc in the UK. The embassy does not provide funding and may charge for some services. Unless the gentleman in question was in custody and could not contact UK relatives, the embassy is the best bet. However, if he was not in custody why did he not contact his relatives directly.
i have mentioned it before there is a government website for UK citizens abroad that find themselves in trouble. The website explains in detail what services it can and cannot provide.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ten

Ten, I have liked all your posts so far and this one illustrates very well that it is difficult to really know how Expats are getting on here in relation to many issues. Although interesting and informative situations and cases reported from friends and on forums like this cannot give a true picture of Expat life and the extent of the problems they face here. For the reason that they are usually only talked or known about when things go wrong.

This goes for the British Embassy, relationships, court cases and many other topics. Only occasionally do we talk or report about things that have gone well here.

Sample survey results would be useful. Maybe a student at Uni here has done something like that for their MA or PhD? Difficult to find published though.

Re P11's case we start from the facts that the Philippines is a developing or 3rd world country ,one with a high level internationally for corruption and "extra judicial justice". And that he is a foreigner. But not then to go straight to saying he has little or no chance.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't say that. You can find someone you have a connection with and attraction for, be monogamous, provide for her to the best of your ability and have a pleasant life together in the sun. None of that requires marriage or purchasing real estate.
Doesn't require marriage or buying property but I think both of them can increase the chances of success and make life more comfortable and convenient...which in itself can increase the chances of success. You can qualify for the standard 13a visa and have your own place. Not have to deal with landlords and their restrictions. Just don't get carried away and spend too much.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a 3rd world country, however there are rules and regulations. I find it hard to fathom how some foreigners become entangled with visa issues. Anyone with a modicum of common sense should know the requirements that are necessary and abide by the rules. I am confident that there are many foreigners who skate around the regulations and rules and hope they never get found out. Driving is a prime example, how many out there are driving without a valid license? It’s OK until you have a RTA.
Granted there are exceptions, however the majority of cases I have knowledge of, the foreigner is usually in the wrong. What would be the point of wasting resources of the embassy if the fault lies with the individual. After all we are only guests in the Philippines.

i sometimes ask, when seeing the state of some foreigners why they are even here. The question is usually answered by, rubbish pension, or they are evading problems back home.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 6:55 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

That's true but the way you worded things implied that the woman be compliant over everything or she's out the door. Doesn't sound like a very equal relationship.

Different folks different strokes though I guess.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings....
I have been told by 3 separate attorneys that she has no case. Now none of the attorneys would be actively involved if this went to court. So they had no motive for telling me lies. I have a woman attorney who was well recommended to me. I am told women attorneys are better at fighting cases such as this. They can be ferocious in court when dealing with woman such as my ex. It shames their sex and nationality and is an affront to the normal filipina.
If I recall, one of the three attorneys who said she had no case did have a motive - you were buying him beer at the bar all night - words are cheap, beer costs money But seriously, I am glad to hear that you have formally appointed an attorney. I think it's a good idea (and common in the West) to have an attorney of the opposite sex in proceedings between (marital*) partners. The judge has an educated lady telling the court that the lady plaintiff is dishonest: the judge will now have to decide between the arguments of two filipina women, instead of one filipina woman acting distressed vs an elderly foreign man who doesn't speak the language. I wish you luck, it sounds from others living here that it might all be down to the luck of the draw on the day (but at least you're doing the right thing).

I would still be very wary of the text messages while proceedings are ongoing. It still sounds very much like you're both out to set last minute 'traps' for each other to fall into.

Old Oct 17th 2020, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_Wine_Fairy
If I recall, one of the three attorneys who said she had no case did have a motive - you were buying him beer at the bar all night - words are cheap, beer costs money But seriously, I am glad to hear that you have formally appointed an attorney. I think it's a good idea (and common in the West) to have an attorney of the opposite sex in proceedings between (marital*) partners. The judge has an educated lady telling the court that the lady plaintiff is dishonest: the judge will now have to decide between the arguments of two filipina women, instead of one filipina woman acting distressed vs an elderly foreign man who doesn't speak the language. I wish you luck, it sounds from others living here that it might all be down to the luck of the draw on the day (but at least you're doing the right thing).

I would still be very wary of the text messages while proceedings are ongoing. It still sounds very much like you're both out to set last minute 'traps' for each other to fall into.
Thank you for your kind words and support. But may I correct you on one point. I bought him one beer that evening when he came out especially to the restobar to listen to my story and offer me free guidance. He is the Vice Mayor and an attorney. A very busy man. He has not been back to the restobar since. He prepared two counter affidavits for me and when I asked him what I owed, he just shrugged his shoulders and told me whatever I want. I paid him 3k each time on the advice of my legal beagle who works for him and co-owns the restobar.

The woman attorney. Yes you are correct. I cannot remember who gave me that advice to employ one, But I understand they savage women like my ex wife. Women like my ex wife are an affront to their dignity, sex, and Filipina nature.

You are also correct about falling into a trap with my ex wifes last message which was polite. Totally out of character. Maybe she has seen my counter affidavit ...or ran out of money...or lost her gullible foreigner who has seen through her.

I will see my attorneys appeal on Monday. I don't know on what grounds she will appeal ...that should be very interesting.

My ex wife has yet to reply to my response to her text she sent to me.

Again thanks

Keep safe all

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Oct 17th 2020 at 12:01 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ten

How much interest the embassy takes in their nationals depends on who is heading the team at the time. There are a few humans working with the foreign office.
"The fish..." springs to mind.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"The Best of British Luck" when it comes to a British Embassy will only apply to you if you went to a public school. Class is still a domiant factor when it comes to dealing with Her Majesty's subjects.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I've been following the recent additions to your family saga, P11.

You're in my thoughts and I do pray that your valid points will be allowed to be heard in court and that the justice who is presiding is fair minded. If it all goes against you, I hope there are enough funds in the kitty to get you a one way ticket, at least, out of the country.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 11:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Raffin
Doesn't require marriage or buying property but I think both of them can increase the chances of success and make life more comfortable and convenient...which in itself can increase the chances of success. You can qualify for the standard 13a visa and have your own place. Not have to deal with landlords and their restrictions. Just don't get carried away and spend too much.
If something needs fixing in your own house, you're on the hook. If it's rented accommodation, you call the landlord. I've never had a problem with landlords, provided all the rules are agreed beforehand. If they decide to break them or drag their feet, withholding rent has a wonderful way of getting things done.

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
That's true but the way you worded things implied that the woman be compliant over everything or she's out the door. Doesn't sound like a very equal relationship.

Different folks different strokes though I guess.
It's always been my experience that, despite the feminist rhetoric in the mainstream media, women prefer a chad who sets rules and boundaries for them over a simp who caves to their every demand. Even more so in the third world. That's not to say she has to be compliant: within the broad boundaries there can be all sorts of disagreement, debates and fireworks. But the basic rules need to stand. She will be happier, and so will you (not to mention safer).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.