Me and My Family

Old Feb 15th 2020, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

She seems to be throwing around legal jargon her crap "volunteer lawyer" has spewed. A subpoena is a legal order for documents or other records. It usually is issued once a Court case is filed and requires the authority of a judge. Likely it would be YOU, or the Court, that would file subpoenas. It seems that she is attempting to use the "shotgun" method and that she is throwing buffalo faeces against the wall and hoping something sticks.

What she means is simply a legal notice that she has filed a lawsuit. It must be "served" in person by an "officer of the court" - an authorised process-server. Mail will not do. And it cannot pass through the hands of a middleman. If it is in letter form it likely is not in proper form. One can serve notice through publication, but the petitioner must show they have made every reasonable and proper effort to locate and serve the defendant. Thus the copy sent to the Embassy and BI is not legally notifying you. In fact this might be grounds for a counter-suit for libel. What relevance do these agents have in being informed of unproved claims being made against you. Plus I think that she is rolling two charges into one Abandonment is the same as Economic/Mental Abuse.

If indeed you have bona fide proof of her prior marriage then that should be evidence that will be considered by the Court in its deliberations. She then has to prove the document is fraudulent. The fact that she asserts there are no other records is not relevant...they might exist (you might attempt to locate them, if you find them that would support your case, but their absence doesn't support hers) or perhaps they were not properly filed.

I'd suggest that you make a counter claim for the debts incurred from the wedding. You may not be able to collect for other things however as these could be bf > gf donations. However tabulate everything (including household expenses, share of rent, vehicle costs for her needs, pets acquired at her behest, medical bills, gifts and loans (unpaid/paid) to her and her family, etc. so as to demonstrate how much you expended on her and her family. Her pretensions that you asked her to return to work to assist in covering her debts related to her "businesses" (money-lending, papayas, rice, jewellery, etc.) hardly means that you were asking her to become a prostitute. She does have other skills....presumably...although running a business seems not to be one of them.

She has no children with you and failed to make you aware of the number of children she has by other men until after the wedding. You should have no requisite to care for them, or maintaining her via alimony. That she got a "free ride" while "married" to you does not mean that she MUST be maintained at that standard even if you separated. She worked before, and claimed she was capable of employment subsequently.

BTW your current residence might serve to your advantage. Keep the photos to show your current financial status and conditions to the court...because she "bled you dry" with an expensive false wedding, business debts, loans taken out without your knowledge which you paid because you felt it important to support your wife. Ask for any debts incurred on her part to be cleared from your responsibility and the debt re. the wedding to be imposed on her fully as the wedding was made under fraudulent circumstances.
Old Feb 15th 2020, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
She seems to be throwing around legal jargon her crap "volunteer lawyer" has spewed. A subpoena is a legal order for documents or other records. It usually is issued once a Court case is filed and requires the authority of a judge. Likely it would be YOU, or the Court, that would file subpoenas. It seems that she is attempting to use the "shotgun" method and that she is throwing buffalo faeces against the wall and hoping something sticks.

What she means is simply a legal notice that she has filed a lawsuit. It must be "served" in person by an "officer of the court" - an authorised process-server. Mail will not do. And it cannot pass through the hands of a middleman. If it is in letter form it likely is not in proper form. One can serve notice through publication, but the petitioner must show they have made every reasonable and proper effort to locate and serve the defendant. Thus the copy sent to the Embassy and BI is not legally notifying you. In fact this might be grounds for a counter-suit for libel. What relevance do these agents have in being informed of unproved claims being made against you. Plus I think that she is rolling two charges into one Abandonment is the same as Economic/Mental Abuse.

If indeed you have bona fide proof of her prior marriage then that should be evidence that will be considered by the Court in its deliberations. She then has to prove the document is fraudulent. The fact that she asserts there are no other records is not relevant...they might exist (you might attempt to locate them, if you find them that would support your case, but their absence doesn't support hers) or perhaps they were not properly filed.

I'd suggest that you make a counter claim for the debts incurred from the wedding. You may not be able to collect for other things however as these could be bf > gf donations. However tabulate everything (including household expenses, share of rent, vehicle costs for her needs, pets acquired at her behest, medical bills, gifts and loans (unpaid/paid) to her and her family, etc. so as to demonstrate how much you expended on her and her family. Her pretensions that you asked her to return to work to assist in covering her debts related to her "businesses" (money-lending, papayas, rice, jewellery, etc.) hardly means that you were asking her to become a prostitute. She does have other skills....presumably...although running a business seems not to be one of them.

She has no children with you and failed to make you aware of the number of children she has by other men until after the wedding. You should have no requisite to care for them, or maintaining her via alimony. That she got a "free ride" while "married" to you does not mean that she MUST be maintained at that standard even if you separated. She worked before, and claimed she was capable of employment subsequently.

BTW your current residence might serve to your advantage. Keep the photos to show your current financial status and conditions to the court...because she "bled you dry" with an expensive false wedding, business debts, loans taken out without your knowledge which you paid because you felt it important to support your wife. Ask for any debts incurred on her part to be cleared from your responsibility and the debt re. the wedding to be imposed on her fully as the wedding was made under fraudulent circumstances.
Excellent post and well made comments. Thanks for that...

Interesting comment about the legal notice not being served in letter form.. She sent a part pic about a month ago of an envelope from the County Court addressed to me by name. Address was covered. That I assumed was the subpoena she mentions and as my legal beagle here states, they normally first go to the last known address. Yes, there appears to be a publication of it also. Again a part pic outlining the case with my details on it plus part of a first sentence....

I agree entirely with everything else you mention. Taking pics of where I live is a very good idea. Obviously, I can prove my debts through statements etc.

Again...thanks for the time and effort you put into your post....it certainly confirms everything I have been told.

Regards

Old Feb 15th 2020, 6:37 am
Asian nomad

scrubbedexpat019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Re Red Ape (#4411). Excellent logic here - but Western logic. Which does not apply in Asia.

I have seen several cases here in Indonesia, where courts ruled in favor of the Indonesian ('victim') wife over the Westerner ('perpetrator') husband. No end of seemingly logical arguments were presented by lawyers who I thought would have known better than to try such tactics in an Indo court of law, but presumably were in it for the fee. Unsurprisingly, in every case the husband lost.

In one of these cases, the magistrate demanded the husband hand over his passport to the court as a 'guarantee' that he would pay all costs and expenses as well as provide for the aggrieved wife, who by then happened was living with a man she had conveniently hidden away in a village in another part of East Java, most likely a husband as a Muslim community would not tolerate two unmarried adults living together in the same house, auto-assuming them to be cohabiting. On the advice of his lawyer the Westerner (a rather naive Australian) did so - the lawyer later retrieved it after paying off one (or several) parties, and the plaintiff, sadder but much wiser (and poorer), made a hasty escape to Bali and on to The Land Of Oz.

I've also noted, no more mention of LL's new Facebook conquest soon to visit. This could be an important aspect of any future case, but then again - hey, this is Asia.

SO the sad saga continued, seemingly without end. But end it must. An early (unannounced) departure for a new destination, even for a few months, should be on the cards for PII... Assuming he is not (so he says) enjoying all this, how much more stress can he take?

PII, I repeat what I have posted before - at this point in time, Air Asia and Traveloka are your best friends!!

Last edited by scrubbedexpat019; Feb 15th 2020 at 6:44 am.
Old Feb 15th 2020, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe

for Phil !- so essentially the idea a case has been filed is based completely on what she has told you ?

Last edited by morpeth; Feb 15th 2020 at 7:28 am.
Old Feb 15th 2020, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
for Phil !- so essentially the idea a case has been filed is based completely on what she has told you ?
Correct. And also what she has shown me.

As I have stated numerous times I suspect they are threats to frighten me back

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Feb 15th 2020 at 7:56 am.
Old Feb 15th 2020, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

The Aussie guy who was "savagely beaten" will probably end up dead if he starts to complain about things.Life is cheap out there.Why don't you just go home to the UK,P11.....it's a very dangerous country and not only that,you also seem interested in moving back to your old haunts in the future.I have never been poisoned or hacked to pieces,but i can imagine it is quite painful.
Old Feb 15th 2020, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaygee68
The Aussie guy who was "savagely beaten" will probably end up dead if he starts to complain about things.Life is cheap out there.Why don't you just go home to the UK,P11.....it's a very dangerous country and not only that,you also seem interested in moving back to your old haunts in the future.I have never been poisoned or hacked to pieces,but i can imagine it is quite painful.
Phil I seems to believe that he understands the local culture but also seems to be blissfully unaware of the risks, even more so with the class of people he associates with and lives among. He has given all sorts of reasons why returning to the UK even for a visit he is strongly against, and is so afraid of his Ex and her threats he seems to spend a portion of every day still involved in the drama. He seems like a very nice person just in over his head and stubbornly against the evidence of years worth of his own posts able to change course. I can just imagine a year from now he will be telling us a new drama with his new bar girl, while still trying to figure out his Ex's next steps- though to give him credit he has been able to not move back to his Ex.
Old Feb 15th 2020, 2:47 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaygee68
I thought exactly the same. What an idiot! Why would he think that the guys in the bar would listen to him. Don't want noise, don't live near a bar !

One of the advantages of renting is the ability to up sticks when problems arise. I prefer to buy myself, but you can pretty much get an idea of an area before you buy and potential problems.

I'd also add that in 99% of disputes over noise, the problem is the class of people. The lower the class, the more problems as a general rule. And that's especially true in Asia.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I thought exactly the same. What an idiot! Why would he think that the guys in the bar would listen to him. Don't want noise, don't live near a bar !

One of the advantages of renting is the ability to up sticks when problems arise. I prefer to buy myself, but you can pretty much get an idea of an area before you buy and potential problems.

I'd also add that in 99% of disputes over noise, the problem is the class of people. The lower the class, the more problems as a general rule. And that's especially true in Asia.
Don't know if it would work for his bar but round here it works for noisy parties. Here there is a great fear of hearing a dog howl as it means that someone close to you is going to die. I have managed to train two of my dogs to howl, they are normally joined in by another couple of local dogs and within about 10 minutes the party goes have gone, music turned off and all returns to peace again.They even got blamed one night for someone dying, he was drunk on a motorbike and ran into a tricycle with no lights, not wishing to diminish their beliefs and keep the myth going I said they were probably right.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JDW
Re Red Ape (#4411). Excellent logic here - but Western logic. Which does not apply in Asia.

I have seen several cases here in Indonesia, where courts ruled in favor of the Indonesian ('victim') wife over the Westerner ('perpetrator') husband. No end of seemingly logical arguments were presented by lawyers who I thought would have known better than to try such tactics in an Indo court of law, but presumably were in it for the fee. Unsurprisingly, in every case the husband lost.
While I'm certainly not holding myself out as any expert in Filipino jurisprudence, I would nonetheless suggest there are major differences in approach and attitude between Indonesia and the Philippines when it comes to legal matters. In particular, the Philippines has a very detailed, formalist approach to legal matters, and it seems possible to bog down nearly any dispute in endless civil procedure actions, until a negotiated settlement is arrived at.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
While I'm certainly not holding myself out as any expert in Filipino jurisprudence, I would nonetheless suggest there are major differences in approach and attitude between Indonesia and the Philippines when it comes to legal matters. In particular, the Philippines has a very detailed, formalist approach to legal matters, and it seems possible to bog down nearly any dispute in endless civil procedure actions, until a negotiated settlement is arrived at.
In the Philippines it is not uncommon for a simple case of who signed off the design to take over 20 years to actually get into court and normally then only after the suspect has died or moved overseas. There are no laws in the Philippines - only suggestions.
Old Feb 18th 2020, 3:05 am
Just Joined

marmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
This morning I heard that my Aussie friend where I used to live was attacked last night by 4 men. He was annoyed at the loud music coming from a nearby bar and went to remonstrate with the culprits. He has a very forthright manner and diplomacy is not his strong point. He was kicked and beaten savagely and was saved by a passing tricycle driver who rushed him to the medical centre.. He suffered broken ribs and lacerations and was treated at a hospital which cost 20k. He has reported the incident to the Brgy and will go there on Monday. He wants the culprits to pay his costs only and he will forget the matter. I am not sure that will help him to live in harmony here in the future.
Asking drunk blokes to turn the music off anywhere is always going to end badly. Mix that in with the superior airs that a lot of white expats carry on with and that guy is lucky they didn't find him dead in a drain the next morning. You're in their back yard and you play by their rules, or lack of. I'd think 20k and a kicking would be a decent enough lesson, but good on him for wanting to learn some more.
Old Feb 18th 2020, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by marmaduke
Asking drunk blokes to turn the music off anywhere is always going to end badly. Mix that in with the superior airs that a lot of white expats carry on with and that guy is lucky they didn't find him dead in a drain the next morning. You're in their back yard and you play by their rules, or lack of. I'd think 20k and a kicking would be a decent enough lesson, but good on him for wanting to learn some more.
Yes... I agree.

​​​​ Contacted him today and he is filing a case against them. Not a good idea for me. The sensible thing in my opinion is for him to lick his wounds and lay low for a while and learn from his mistake.

All quiet here on the western front.

Regards
Old Feb 18th 2020, 7:14 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

The thrills on this thread never cease. Just as we think P11 has escaped, we discover the LL trying to reel him back in. Are the threats hollow? Does she have inside information on him? Tune in next week! I feel like I'm hearing the eastenders dum-dum-dum-du-du-du-du at the end of each of his posts.

I think I recall reading someone who seemed like they knew what they were talking about saying that cases are automatically dismissed if the defendant is not served within 3 months of the case being filed? If so, does that mean P11 only has to wait another couple of months and he's in the clear? I'll be happy for him if that's the case, but will slightly miss the drama (as, I have a sneaking feeling, might he).

As for her knowing where you live, the fact that she covered the address on the envelope shows quite clearly that is not the case. Would she be able to get the information if she went to BI? Surely they don't just hand out such data? Anyway, that would involve organisation, funding and joined-up thinking, which are not common traits among third worlders living in the sticks. So I hope and believe P11 will be ok if he just sits tight.....but will be watching this space just in case!
Old Feb 18th 2020, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed,Elgin.......and what of the spin-off series?.....what will become of the Aussie who sustained a fearful pummelling,yet seems hellbent on confronting the noisy locals once again ?....This little aside could be very interesting indeed.Please keep us all informed of any future developments,if you can,P11 !!

PS...For future reference,can we refer to this guy as the A/A (Antipodean Avenger) from now on please?

Cheers.

Last edited by jaygee68; Feb 18th 2020 at 8:25 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.