Me and My Family

Old Feb 12th 2020, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by abner
OK, if you say so...

Mate, I just went through many years of your posts in one go, wherein which one constant, overwhelming theme was of you bleeding cash to various parties, left, right, and center.

You'll just have to forgive me that I harboured suspicions your established practice might be continuing...

To whom, now...?

Debts.....An unrepaid loan I made to the partner of a foreigner friend to have his body released from hospital, wedding and carrying the debts of my ex-wife on credit cards. Manageable but it certainly dents my income.

Regards
Old Feb 12th 2020, 7:17 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Wait a minute. You have a new gf?
Ain't no fool like a randy and lonely old fool...

To be fair to P11 though, he's living in a pleasant climate, has his few beers every day, is getting his end away, and when he goes to bed every night, he can say to himself, "Well that certainly was a most interesting day!". Sounds better than eking out your pension in a 1 bed flat in Middlesbrough.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Constructive comments... Correct. As opposed to the jibes and sarcastic comments that sometimes appears.

Explain to me how it will be easier for her to find me as you suggest?
Your continued contact with people who know her let alone her let alone whatever you may post on the internet.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
More like "circling the bowl"...

Seriously P11, you're living in a crowded 3rd-world flop house with poor sanitation.

"Dishes with uneaten food pile up in the sink for days...food left on the table and floor. Clothes in various states of wash piled everywhere. I have only seen a rat twice. Think the dog takes care of them. However they do have a blitz every few days and the house is left spotless. One one wc. This is a pain. Especially when the kids are getting ready for school. I have quickly learnt not to get "the runs" and constantly take Imodium when there is any hint of it. We have a washing machine. Problem is its always full for days doing nothing...just soaking clothes I think."

Your description, not mine. That's low-end even in Filipino terms--it's reminiscent of the lifestyle of a drug addict.

Even a basic UK pension affords you much better, which makes me think that you're still bleeding cash in some as yet unadmitted fashion towards your former LL, or her family, or the new GF, or her family...

What would your sons think of your choices here?
Amazing Phil I considers the flop house an acceptable way to live, and now getting involved in another group like this- sad his children don't step in. Even up around Angeles some alcoholic retired servicemen may live fairly low-life but I doubt many this low- and to top it off, that is environment in which he finds new fling. One can feel a lot of sympathy, except somehow it seems deep done Phil I seems to enjoy and perhaps draws meaning to his life all this low-life drama.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 8:41 am
Just Joined

marmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond repute

Haha this is great. AUD$130 per month to live there.

I know for a fact that you can get an entire very basic two room 'apartment' (8ish x 4ish) pretty much anywhere in Thailand that's not directly in a tourist spot or BKK for about half that.

You're paying their rent and then some, and now you're too frightened of offending them to move out? It's going to be all fun and games until you get very ill from the kind of sicknesses that swirl around slums or someone decides to have a go at you one night. I have stayed locally in Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand in similar but less crowded conditions but never with people who I knew from a bar or who wanted me there because I was paying their way.

You might as well have a dip at one of the transpinays while you're there to fully complete this three-quarter life crisis?
Old Feb 12th 2020, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Reading Phil11's latest update summary, I feel that his bitter/sweet saga could easily continue for another 4000+ posts. I hope so otherwise I will eat my beret.......
Must say I wince at his choice of life-style, as there are tens of thousands here in France on or below the poverty line who in comparison are living a 'life of luxury'.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 9:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I will most certainly come to regret this, I kind of already do, but what gf/lf/fling? The barmaid who works for 23 1/2 hours a day or someone else? Absolutely no disrespect to P11, I wouldn't know him if I tripped over him but jesus, do the women of the Philippines have so little respect for themselves or choice that they jump on a 70 something white man like spread on bread?
Old Feb 12th 2020, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I will most certainly come to regret this, I kind of already do, but what gf/lf/fling? The barmaid who works for 23 1/2 hours a day or someone else? Absolutely no disrespect to P11, I wouldn't know him if I tripped over him but jesus, do the women of the Philippines have so little respect for themselves or choice that they jump on a 70 something white man like spread on bread?
when you live on "Smokey mountain " or it's equivalent you would do most anything to put food on the table. Perhaps people living above the bread line or on welfare societies would not understand this.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

We bave a very basic two bed house on the corner of our land that we rent, mind you it is very basic, but we only rent for 2k a month. It sounds like a palace compared to what P11 describes.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 9:53 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
We bave a very basic two bed house on the corner of our land that we rent, mind you it is very basic, but we only rent for 2k a month. It sounds like a palace compared to what P11 describes.
The rent for a simple 2 bed house is only 30 quid a month? Jesus. I know where I'm retiring. P11, can I sublet half your mattress?
Old Feb 12th 2020, 10:01 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Debts.....An unrepaid loan I made to the partner of a foreigner friend to have his body released from hospital, wedding and carrying the debts of my ex-wife on credit cards. Manageable but it certainly dents my income.

Regards
Is this your ex wife in the uk, or the Philippines? I don't remember this from before. How much is the total ?
Old Feb 12th 2020, 10:02 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Ain't no fool like a randy and lonely old fool...

To be fair to P11 though, he's living in a pleasant climate, has his few beers every day, is getting his end away, and when he goes to bed every night, he can say to himself, "Well that certainly was a most interesting day!". Sounds better than eking out your pension in a 1 bed flat in Middlesbrough.
There's thriving and there's surviving.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by bestvue
when you live on "Smokey mountain " or it's equivalent you would do most anything to put food on the table. Perhaps people living above the bread line or on welfare societies would not understand this.
Almost anything.... That kind of depends on how much self respect you have which goes along with what was said.

Not every poor woman tries to hook a foreigner, so there is an element of choice there.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by marmaduke
Haha this is great. AUD$130 per month to live there.

I know for a fact that you can get an entire very basic two room 'apartment' (8ish x 4ish) pretty much anywhere in Thailand that's not directly in a tourist spot or BKK for about half that.

You're paying their rent and then some, and now you're too frightened of offending them to move out? It's going to be all fun and games until you get very ill from the kind of sicknesses that swirl around slums or someone decides to have a go at you one night. I have stayed locally in Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand in similar but less crowded conditions but never with people who I knew from a bar or who wanted me there because I was paying their way.

You might as well have a dip at one of the transpinays while you're there to fully complete this three-quarter life crisis?
Even in the suburbs of Bangkok you could get a two bedroom, two storey townhouse for not much more than that. No wonder the family are so friendly!!
Old Feb 12th 2020, 10:15 am

Greetings!

As previously mentioned, I thought I would tell you about how I have been living for the past few months. This is just a one-off article and wont be updated but hope it will give you an insight on life living with a real Filipina family.

The house is rented by a sister of a foreigners gf who lives nearby and I am living with the mother, sister and her two kids, brother and a scruffy Maltese type terrier. The house is small with two bedrooms only and a living area (dossing area mainly). The bathroom if I can call it that is very small and consists of a WC and shower. No hot water for the shower. Indeed water pressure ranges from that of a wasps spit to that of a leaky tap. Toilet has no seat...or bum squirter. And has no flush. Like the others I sleep on a mattress on the floor in a small bedroom.

About the people here.... The mother is a very lovely lady and has about 7 kids who come and go. For some reason on my arrival she told all and sundry that I was her bf. I have to admit she is nice but more of a mother figure to me. Just not my type. She is 52. She is a relative of my current gf/lf/fling which made things pretty awkward initially. To complicate matters her daughter keeps asking me for a date and should I say very attentive which is awkward sometimes. The daughter is/was married to a Korean and when I first arrived here was working in Manila but quit that job there and came back here, She is currently looking for another job but making pin money making small mats and selling at 35 peso a time. The brother is a strange fellow. My foreigner friend will not have him in his house and he dosses around here and cannot hold a job, On a sinister side, he was kicked out of my friends house and he left here for a week or so. When I went to have a shower that afternoon, I found a metal wire protruding from my soap. The dog is mangy..flea bitten and feeds on scraps. If he is left indoors all night he deposits on the floor somewhere and its funny seeing people doing a moon dance better than Michael Jackson if they step in it.

There was another sister living here with her squalling ankle snapper. I don't know the reason but she was kicked out by the sister and returned about a week earlier one evening and tried to assault her sister. She was like a woman possessed . It took me, mother and son to restrain her and get her to leave. No idea what that was about....life is a mystery sometimes. She sent me a message next morning in Tagalog basically saying that I had assaulted her and was reporting me to the police. Never heard anymore.

There are comings and goings here. Mainly relatives or friends who doss down for the night....mainly in a drunken stupor. Some are suitors for the sister here who in fact is quite attractive. The arrivals normally bring booze and they all get drunk. I am always invited to join but rarely do. Normally I would have just come back from town having sunk 3 or 4 beers which is my limit. My gf/lf/fling also sometimes visits. My foreigner friend recently kicked out his gf ....or she left him again. And also 2 lady boys who live there. They dossed down here for a few nights doing sweet FA or helping in the house. The only thing they did was scrounge off the mother here and get rat-arsed in the evening. But I think they are gone now.

The house is normally a mess. Dishes with uneaten food pile up in the sink for days...food left on the table and floor. Clothes in various states of wash piled everywhere. I have only seen a rat twice. Think the dog takes care of them. However they do have a blitz every few days and the house is left spotless. One one wc. This is a pain. Especially when the kids are getting ready for school. I have quickly learnt not to get "the runs" and constantly take Imodium when there is any hint of it. We have a washing machine. Problem is its always full for days doing nothing...just soaking clothes I think.

Now saying all that.....the family here are great to me. I refuse to let them do my washing or rarely eat with them. Fish heads in a bucket of rice does not appeal. I have cereal in the morning...sarnies at lunch time then I hit town for something to eat late afternoon. Making my coffee first thing when I wake up can be interesting stepping over bodies that have been dossing for the night. The mother however insists on manicuring my nails and her and her sister want to massage my back. I don't let them. Don't think my gf/lf/fling would approve.

When I first saw this place I thought that I wouldn't last a night here but I agreed to stay a week. But I am used to it all now...even the cold showers. The cold shower has a bit of respite for about 15 seconds when the water inside the pipe outside has been heated and comes through. Oh joy.

I am currently paying 4.5k pm to the sister for the privilege of living here. It was her bedroom that I am living in now. Which is way too much really. I know that the sister is paying 4k pm rent. I would move to another place if I could find a suitable part furnished in town but unable to do so at the moment....none available. But that's not quite true. When I first arrived here and told the crew in my regular ale house that I was looking for somewhere more suitable, I had two prospective land lords appear in a matter of weeks. But then they never returned. I was told candidly by one of the owners of the bar that its because I had put them in a difficult situation. They were also friends/relatives of the family here and if they had found me a place then the family here would feel aggrieved that they had their rent money taken away by them. I was shocked at this at first but I could understand the logic and in being in no rush to move I accepted it. As I have mentioned previously, I might have to decamp back to where I came if litigation appears so I am not going to buy furnishings yet for an unfurnished place. Also, if I had the option to move I most probably would but then would have to think very carefully. My gf/lf/fling would try and move some of her kids in also...by stealth. Also she is about to become a grandmother again in a couple of weeks. As I said previously....she has baggage. I don't want any baggage in my house.

Anyway...that's life here with My Family, There will be no updates etc but this was just to give an insight on living in the Philippines ...el naturale

Regards
Try just saying no. It would make your life so much easier later on. You don't owe this new woman anything.

It sounds harsh but ATEOTD, you would be paying then rent, so your rules. If she couldn't accept that, then move on. Does she want to be with you or find a better living situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.