Me and My Family

Old Feb 6th 2020, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

P11,with all due respect,actions that you may regard as "cultural differences" others may regard as outright pre-meditated,devious and dishonest behaviour by the F/F and her family.Until some agreement is reached on this point i fear the same fat is going to be chewed on over and over again by you and others on this thread.Maybe the truth could lie somewhere in between "cultural differences" and "outright and pre-meditated devious and dishonest behaviour" i suppose.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 12:16 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Something does not add up. You are in receipt of a British State Pension and a full military pension. You are living somewhere that sounds very cheap. Do you have a credit card, if not why not? With your income it should be very easy to buy a ticket to the UK and outfit yourself for your son's wedding. Why would you put dealing with a scheming malicious woman in front of attending your son's wedding. It is not normal to put a trashy ex-girlfriend before your son's happiness. What is wrong with you?
Old Feb 6th 2020, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
******At a minimum, I'd recommend briefing an attorney to determine whether his wife's previous 'marriage' is valid or not****** I have already explained it is up to the court to decide whether or not her first marriage was fraudulent. That involves costs....why should I foot the costs when in fact it is her problem?

Regards
As a foreigner you will have little chance to come out the winner of any court case. You will foot the bill whether you like it or not.
This is their "culture". Phils won't be any different to Thailand.

Old Feb 6th 2020, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Again if you had read my response previously it was due to the cultural differences which is quite the norm. This was later largely fielded by my then LL. I wonder how many more times I have to answer this question

Regards
It is asked because it just seems so strange your comments about only being the "last year" doesn't correspond with what you wrote as more than one person has brought up.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 1:07 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Again if you had read my response previously it was due to the cultural differences which is quite the norm. This was later largely fielded by my then LL. I wonder how many more times I have to answer this question

Regards
It may be the norm, but that doesn't mean you have to fall for it every time.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Again if you had read my response previously it was due to the cultural differences which is quite the norm.
Errrm, no.

I've read the entire thread over the past few days.

There were certainly several incidents in the early days that attracted posts full of sympathies and humourous similar anecdotes, from other expats with Pinay wives and their extended families. I probably could have contributed a few myself, if I'd become involved in the thread at the time. (And I'd love to have a beer with Stokkevn in particular some time. But I digress.)

But from very early on there is an undeniable sense of a slow-motion train-wreck in progress; something well beyond "normal" cultural differences familiar to the thread contributors.

At first the LL's family seem to be the villains of the piece, always dissolute and grasping, but mostly in minor and transparent ways. But even in the face of that, you were already nearly immune from outside advice on how to mitigate that financial bleed with any kind of firm stance, and let it continue.

During this period, there are regular hints (which you certainly acknowledged receiving, though you dismissed them as gossip, or unprovable, or whatever) of far more profound issues below the surface with the LL, many of which proved all too true later on.

Shortly after the marriage, the dam breaks. The previous children came out, two sets of them. The lending business you never knew about failed (and may well have been a complete work of fiction from the get go). Other major debts came out, and then start proliferating. The knives and suicide threats came out. The mango thing happens. The father and the LL go into vapors at the hospitals, the LL repeatedly so. There's some strange and scarcely credible gynecological sub-plot, which if nothing else, is expensive. Oh, and there's the job in Big City, which probably never existed.

Every succeeding crisis calls for more money, and you frequently come up with a lot of it.

Once you *finally* get it in to your head to actually push back, the major legal threats start happening, just as everyone on the thread told you they would.

Yet to this day, you treat this past year's worth of massively negative developments with your LL as some sudden aberration after 3 years of comparative bliss, despite nearly every contributor to this thread calling the opposite, repeatedly, years in advance, even before the full extent of her perfidy came out. The issues involved were always lurking under the surface. Your in-laws must have known about many or most of them, and you chose to ignore the warnings you received about them from other parties, on BE or off..

So in the end, pretty much none of it was "due to the cultural differences which is quite the norm."

In reality, you've hooked up with a world-class grifter in your LL, one who has bled you nearly dry, and threatened you with serious legal jeopardy in your chosen retirement locale unless you continue to pay. You've finally, belatedly woken up to that--(well, maybe)--but seem absolutely blind to your own role as a world-class enabler of the abusive behaviour over the 4+ years of the thread.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 3:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

P11 is not going to like the above post...but IMO it sums this whole thread/P11’s life in the Philippines up brilliantly.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 3:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
Errrm, no.

I've read the entire thread over the past few days.

There were certainly several incidents in the early days that attracted posts full of sympathies and humourous similar anecdotes, from other expats with Pinay wives and their extended families. I probably could have contributed a few myself, if I'd become involved in the thread at the time. (And I'd love to have a beer with Stokkevn in particular some time. But I digress.)

But from very early on there is an undeniable sense of a slow-motion train-wreck in progress; something well beyond "normal" cultural differences familiar to the thread contributors.

At first the LL's family seem to be the villains of the piece, always dissolute and grasping, but mostly in minor and transparent ways. But even in the face of that, you were already nearly immune from outside advice on how to mitigate that financial bleed with any kind of firm stance, and let it continue.

During this period, there are regular hints (which you certainly acknowledged receiving, though you dismissed them as gossip, or unprovable, or whatever) of far more profound issues below the surface with the LL, many of which proved all too true later on.

Shortly after the marriage, the dam breaks. The previous children came out, two sets of them. The lending business you never knew about failed (and may well have been a complete work of fiction from the get go). Other major debts came out, and then start proliferating. The knives and suicide threats came out. The mango thing happens. The father and the LL go into vapors at the hospitals, the LL repeatedly so. There's some strange and scarcely credible gynecological sub-plot, which if nothing else, is expensive. Oh, and there's the job in Big City, which probably never existed.

Every succeeding crisis calls for more money, and you frequently come up with a lot of it.

Once you *finally* get it in to your head to actually push back, the major legal threats start happening, just as everyone on the thread told you they would.

Yet to this day, you treat this past year's worth of massively negative developments with your LL as some sudden aberration after 3 years of comparative bliss, despite nearly every contributor to this thread calling the opposite, repeatedly, years in advance, even before the full extent of her perfidy came out. The issues involved were always lurking under the surface. Your in-laws must have known about many or most of them, and you chose to ignore the warnings you received about them from other parties, on BE or off..

So in the end, pretty much none of it was "due to the cultural differences which is quite the norm."

In reality, you've hooked up with a world-class grifter in your LL, one who has bled you nearly dry, and threatened you with serious legal jeopardy in your chosen retirement locale unless you continue to pay. You've finally, belatedly woken up to that--(well, maybe)--but seem absolutely blind to your own role as a world-class enabler of the abusive behaviour over the 4+ years of the thread.
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
P11 is not going to like the above post...but IMO it sums this whole thread/P11’s life in the Philippines up brilliantly.
Thank you, you've saved me reading 4,000+ posts
Old Feb 6th 2020, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
Errrm, no. ...... after 3 years of comparative bliss ...
Very succinctly put Abner. To expand on one of P11's regular claims that the first 3 or 4 years of his life where bliss, when challenged, his justification that he didn’t tell us about all the good stuff during that period (or words to that effect), simply beggars belief. From his own posts, we have all read how he was continually scammed from the very beginning. No amount of ‘good stuff’ (ok, apart from the water melon stuff maybe) could have happened during that period to balance out the constant scamming he faced from the very beginning to enable any reasonable person to describe that period as bliss. If P11’s on his usual form I expect he’ll ask me to explain where he was scammed …

I’ve always felt the whole thread has been a scam of sorts because in my heart of hearts, I find it difficult to comprehend that anyone as intelligent as P11 appears to be, could also be so totally daft when it comes to dealing with this woman. Yes P11, we know we don’t have to read the posts if we don't like it but we do because as I’ve said before, it’s entertaining, especially with the comments from other members.

I’ve also noticed that P11 has become more irate over the past 6 months or so and more so as those members who had a certain empathy for his plight have become more and more frustrated with his intransigence towards what is mostly common sense to practically everyone else. So once again P11, please try and move on with your life. What you’re doing right now is not moving on!
Old Feb 6th 2020, 4:45 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Someone remind me, what was the mango thing mentioned a few posts back?
Old Feb 6th 2020, 4:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Someone remind me, what was the mango thing mentioned a few posts back?
Dunno, I vaguely remember something about frogs and coconuts but my brain has obviously ejected any mention of a mango
Old Feb 6th 2020, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

I agree it was a very good post aptly summarizing the history of this thread.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Dunno, I vaguely remember something about frogs and coconuts but my brain has obviously ejected any mention of a mango
It's okay . It's come back to me now. Something about surplus mango from harvest being resold I think.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 9:13 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Very similar to the rice selling business.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 9:14 pm
In the pink

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Thank you, you've saved me reading 4,000+ posts
I dare you to binge read the whole thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.