Me and My Family

Old Feb 3rd 2020, 10:38 am
Asian nomad

scrubbedexpat019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Me and My Family

Hello again. Three posts to comment on, this time...

ThaiRetired2016 (#4147). Yes. AUS is part of ASEAN. In all my discussions with 'other nationalities' I've somehow overlooked asking about how their visa requirements differ from mine. So the Bali free 30 day tourist visa may not apply to PII as a British national. This can be easily checked online, admittedly I've not done it.

I was in no way suggesting PII should to the 89 day visa trip for a lifetime. One or two visa periods (six months) at most. Regarding his finances, well - see my comments later in this post.

rete (#3139) and elgin1983 (@4153) So-called 'free' lawyers are basically just that - in the West they are often shopfront operations run by newly graduated lawyers who are unemployed (and many unemployable) to dish out at times dubious advice for quick money. Assuming LL has 'connected' with one, even in Asia a good lawyer would be very relucant to take on such a case, guaranteed to run for a very long time and create a maximum of fuss, bother and expenses. Unless of course LL has come to the table (or another more appropriate piece of household furniture) with a 'barter' arrangement, but even then I would be doubtful. I suspect she was given some basic free advice and has been acting on that - many calls, endless accusations, dramatics, pleas for money for health reasons - all cleverly calculated to play on PII's emotions and extract more dosh from him.

mikek1 and others - Of the latest gynecologist saga, I smell a great big rat. An emotional hit, another twist in LL's game plan. Nothing more. That chatty gynecologist was too talkative to be entirely believable, but then hey, that's Asia, a third world country, different rules apply. Indonesia is the same, here the name of the game is rupiahs, not pesos.

Several have commented on PII's lack of finances, notably in response to my Penang suggestion. As an interesting exercise, may I suggest that you grab a calculator, go back to any year in PII's narrative starting with January, and calculate the amount of money he has spent on or LL has extracted from him for one thing or another over one year?? Truly, it amazes me that no-one else here has picked up on this - I did this calculation and the amount iI came up with is NOT small, rather it's more than enough to easily and comfortably fund PII's escape from his current woes and the Philippines for however long he wants, if he is wise and stays away from expensive bars and naughty ladies in shady lanes...

Given the way this sad saga is turning, I will say again that my suggestion that PII considers 'time out' in Penang, Bali or wherever he fancies, is fast becoming not only more appropriate but absolutely essential, for his finances and his sanity.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat019; Feb 3rd 2020 at 10:40 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 10:46 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
that was my first thought.

good news is that it doesn’t cause cancer In men... well only in the throat.
I know a man who had it in his throat, about three years ago, in his mid 50s. He underwent awful treatment, but is doing well now. Also, Michael Douglas had it.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 10:53 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JDW
Hello again. Three posts to comment on, this time...

ThaiRetired2016 (#4147). Yes. AUS is part of ASEAN. In all my discussions with 'other nationalities' I've somehow overlooked asking about how their visa requirements differ from mine. So the Bali free 30 day tourist visa may not apply to PII as a British national. This can be easily checked online, admittedly I've not done it.

I was in no way suggesting PII should to the 89 day visa trip for a lifetime. One or two visa periods (six months) at most. Regarding his finances, well - see my comments later in this post.

rete (#3139) and elgin1983 (@4153) So-called 'free' lawyers are basically just that - in the West they are often shopfront operations run by newly graduated lawyers who are unemployed (and many unemployable) to dish out at times dubious advice for quick money. Assuming LL has 'connected' with one, even in Asia a good lawyer would be very relucant to take on such a case, guaranteed to run for a very long time and create a maximum of fuss, bother and expenses. Unless of course LL has come to the table (or another more appropriate piece of household furniture) with a 'barter' arrangement, but even then I would be doubtful. I suspect she was given some basic free advice and has been acting on that - many calls, endless accusations, dramatics, pleas for money for health reasons - all cleverly calculated to play on PII's emotions and extract more dosh from him.

mikek1 and others - Of the latest gynecologist saga, I smell a great big rat. An emotional hit, another twist in LL's game plan. Nothing more. That chatty gynecologist was too talkative to be entirely believable, but then hey, that's Asia, a third world country, different rules apply. Indonesia is the same, here the name of the game is rupiahs, not pesos.

Several have commented on PII's lack of finances, notably in response to my Penang suggestion. As an interesting exercise, may I suggest that you grab a calculator, go back to any year in PII's narrative starting with January, and calculate the amount of money he has spent on or LL has extracted from him for one thing or another over one year?? Truly, it amazes me that no-one else here has picked up on this - I did this calculation and the amount iI came up with is NOT small, rather it's more than enough to easily and comfortably fund PII's escape from his current woes and the Philippines for however long he wants, if he is wise and stays away from expensive bars and naughty ladies in shady lanes...

Given the way this sad saga is turning, I will say again that my suggestion that PII considers 'time out' in Penang, Bali or wherever he fancies, is fast becoming not only more appropriate but absolutely essential, for his finances and his sanity.
Without meaning to come across as too pedantic but Australia is not in ASEAN, it is part of the ASEAN plus six grouping.

ASEAN +3: Japan, China, S. Korea
ASEAN +6: Above, India, Australia, New Zealand
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 12:28 pm
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
ASEAN +3: Japan, China, S. Korea
I presume this 'China' is actually Taiwan?
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 12:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tooboocoo
According to Wikipedia - 'Is China a part of Asean?
In 1990, Malaysia proposed the creation of an East Asia Economic Caucus composed of the members of ASEAN, China, Japan, and South Korea. ... Work for further integration continued, and the ASEAN Plus Three, consisting of ASEAN, China, Japan and South Korea, was created in 1997.'
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 1:19 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tooboocoo
Nope, this China is actually China. Taiwan doesn't get an invite to avoid upsetting big brother.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
Good point, and valid. It makes me wonder if in fact the L/L is not collaborating with the gynecologist. Perhaps the attorney and L/L did not visit the gynecologist, no medical records were handed over, just another elaborate trick to extort money. After all P11 did state a possible 6 month treatments may be required if the final corse is not taken. The L/L sure is deceitful and clever, I can envisage a long painful battle ahead for P11.
If the L/L goes ahead goes ahead and issues court proceedings against P11, I have no doubt that any subpoena issued would eventually find its way to his present address, which P11 registered with the BI. If P11 was a Filipino he could just disappear, no BI required or government agency to report to.

There maybe trouble ahead.............
wouldn't surprize in the least if doctor not in on it.

treatment to not get Melanoma also sounds a bit suspect. I have heard of surgery to remove a dangerous mole etc but a treatment to preclude getting it sounds a bit odd.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartynK
You should only communicate through an attorney if there is the slightest chance of this going to litigation. You're then protected by legal privilege and the lawyer will make sure that you don't say anything (verbally or in writing) that could damage your case. It's very easy to fall into this trap because of your past history/emotional involvement with her, and your ignorance of how things can play out in law. Please don't be offended, or regard this as patronising. You're not a lawyer, and neither am I, but I've worked with lawyers many times and I've seen how seemingly innocuous communications can be presented in a very different light in court.
that is pretty standard advice a lawyer would give anywhere, but when mention to Phil I evidently he if I understood him he feels in these discussions with her and her family that he can discern her next steps and understands the lay of the land there, after years go being in this web of his Ex.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 1:50 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, this China is actually China. ....
And Taiwan is actually (official name) "The Republic of China".
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 2:29 pm
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, this China is actually China. Taiwan doesn't get an invite to avoid upsetting big brother.
My apologies - I was thinking of SEATO, the US-led military pact which certainly wouldn't have included China.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Physiological and ecomonic violence

Libel

Abandonment

Regards
Psychological abuse and economic violence:
did your LL select these two terms off google?
Sounds like someone is "helping" her to intimidate you.

Old Feb 3rd 2020, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

Curveball time again.

So P11, you said she produced a selected part of a marriage certificate. As she'd already had four kids by 2 or 3 different guys before she met you in her 30s, it's possible she married in her teens maybe? When the love of her (then) life promised her the moon and that he'd always be there for their little family and she had no real common sense, and hadn't quite honed the manipulative streak. Because a signature in your teens (how educated was she? how many years schooling?) is nothing like the signature you have matured into your 30s. Mine was a horrid scrawl until my early twenties, and I know from teaching experience (older teens) that this wasn't unique. So just because her signature then is nothing like her signature now... it would be really really odd if it was! You spoke with your legal guy tonight - he should be able to get a full copy for your case.

Seriously, if you don't have the funds to get back to your son's wedding, save up and initiate the darn divorce proceedings. Stop pussyfooting around because unless you really do just crave the drama and danger in your life, take real steps to close this chapter. Stress isn't worth it, and at your age, you should really be avoiding it for the good of your health.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 7:10 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

How much money have you given to this scheming bitch since you very first became suspicious of infidelity/adultery/bigamy/surprise children/petty thievery?

Thousands of pounds, I expect, possibly tens of thousands of pounds over the past few years. Try to count it and add it all up. and then say, "I wonder if there is any link between (i) all that money I've given to her and her family, and (ii) the fact I can't afford to go to my own son's wedding?"
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 7:29 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
wouldn't surprize in the least if doctor not in on it.

treatment to not get Melanoma also sounds a bit suspect. I have heard of surgery to remove a dangerous mole etc but a treatment to preclude getting it sounds a bit odd.
I feel uncomfortable discussing this woman's health but just in case it helps P11 - melanoma could be a misleading term, maybe lost in translation? It could be removal of HPV / warts, removing PRE-cancerous cells. If so, yes you need checking out too.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings...

Yesterday I had yet another msg from the gyne. She stated that my wife appeared in her clinic complaining that her period was on its 10th day. The doctor informed her it was because she had ceased treatment. My wife bought the pills and is rebooked in for another ultra sound on the 26th of this month. This doesn't hang right for me. Bearing in mind it is a 10hr return journey, it seem odd that she visited a couple of days earlier with her attorney and her period would be on its 8th day. She had the money and could have had the treatment then. I suspect collusion between the two. I suspect I was told about the attorney in a bid to frighten me to send her money for the treatment. But that's how my mind works.

I showed the message to my legal beagle friend and he just laughed and told me not to worry about. I will point out that he is not an attorney but works in an attorneys office. One attorney there is the Vice Mayor of whom I have mentioned before.

Now going back to my wifes illness. On hearing that her period is still a problem on the final month of her 6 month course of treatment, I msg'd the doctor expressing my concern that if the treatment was working, then her problems should be largely abated by now. I happen to think that after this treatment of pills has finished, the problem will re-appear again. She replied simply that she will be monitored. Personally, I believe the treatment is palliative only and treating the symptoms and not the cause. The cause I believe is stress. This is what her GP stated on her first visit over a year ago. The only way that can dealt with is by using a psychiatrist. But hey....what do I know. I'm just a bloke.

Moving on replying to comments .....

Millhouse.....Your suggestion about going to the wedding which I think is in May and sending her a text message from a UK number saying I have left the Philippines sounds a plan. Especially if I post pictures of me with the happy couple on FB. Anyway....something to muse over. The other suggestions saying I could do the same thing here using a UK number to my mind wont work. She could just get the attorney to check with BI.

Melanoma .....The gyne actually mentioned mayoma . I assumed she meant melanoma. I could be wrong.

T2016..... The charges against me. One attorney she has been chatting with is a school friend and now an attorney. She has sent screenshots of his messages to her...to me. I checked the name out. It ties in with what she says. She has also been getting free advice from the City Halls attorney in the "little big city" 2hrs from here. Also she keeps name dropping a well renowned attorney back where I used to live. Finally, she states she has one in Manila who obtained the marriage certificate for her, The main charge I think is RA9262 (Economic and Psychological Abuse) I have not seen the charge....nor indeed any. But from what I have seen it appears to mainly centre on that I left her for another woman.and not sending her enough money each month. Only about 28K!

RW Fairy....She married in her early 20's and had standard education to answer your question. There is no divorce (yet) in the Phillippines....only annulment and that costs a minimum of 150k. Well out of my reach.

Regards

Stop press..... It should be myoma.... Not melanoma. Apologies

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Feb 4th 2020 at 2:40 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.