Me and My Family

Old Feb 2nd 2020, 9:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
No grandchildren yet. My two sons are in long term relationships and both couples are not interested in having kids. As a matter of interest, one of them is getting married in a few months but I wont be going to the wedding. Mainly for financial reasons, but as my ex-wife will be there it could cause embarrassment. She now has a partner which I am pleased about

Regards
Why on earth would your attendance at your son's wedding cause embarrassment? It appears your ex has moved on and it's more than normal for parents of a bride or groom to have split and got new partners.

Out of everything you've posted over the years, this honestly saddens me.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why on earth would your attendance at your son's wedding cause embarrassment? It appears your ex has moved on and it's more than normal for parents of a bride or groom to have split and got new partners.

Probably his own embarrassment.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

Because I left her under controversial circumstances of which I am not proud. This was followed by an acrimonious divorce. But that's academic... I really don't have the funds right now.

Regards
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 9:57 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Thanks for the interesting info. Much appreciated.

Yes... I think you could be right about the free lawyer. Free initial consultation may be... But then I wonder how she Obtained a copy of of her first marriage certificate. She also makes jibes about me affording an attorney to defend myself.

The only thing I may have to do is attend a family court where they will determine how much alimony she is entitled to. I suspect very little or nothing. But unless she can prove that she is not a bigamist by legal process... Then nothing. I think she knows that.

Thinking about change of identity etc. I suspect the new passport will have the former name included. Ie... Smith formerly Jones.

Regards
That is not the case. The new passport only shows your new name. It's no different to a woman getting a new passport after marriage when her name changes, or reverting back to her maiden name after divorce.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JDW
I am responding to two posts, so I'll try (a loaded keyword for me) to be brief (defined by my partner as "usually no less but often more than ten paragraphs"). I've not copied the original posts in keeping with my new minimalist approach...

To elgin1983 (#4126), your query was specifically Malaysia, but as PII could easily adapt my info to his situation, I will comment here. (PII, think flying to Bali for 30 days, then mabe to Singapore for a new 60 day Indonesian visa, making your Bali stay 90 days - that is, assuming you'd be making Bali a temporary stay). The Malaysian 90 tourist visa is granted on arrival. Yes, it is subject to the 'discretion' (= mood or whim) of the immigration officer you front up to, which is theory can be anxiety-provoking but in reality (in my case and also many others) has never caused any problems. I have friends in KL and Ipoh who've lived in Malaysia for a few years and fly out/in every 89 days without any worries. Admittedly they are both late 70s and look 'prosperous' but both assure me they have never been asked to pay any hush money at KLIA. In Indonesia, maybe. In Malaysia, highly unlikely.

A few younger visitors I've talked to have reported hassles from immigration. None was denied entry, but there were questions asked. Being 70+, I've not had any hassles, but in this insecure world it's good to have a Plan B Mine is to carry printed copies of my ongoing airfare (ex Singapore) and all my hotel bookings, also $500 in Australian dollars. For the latter, small notes are fine, $20s and $50s (moneychangers will accept these but not $10s or $5s). Never flash $100s, those could be too tempting to a corrupt immi bully...

After two 90 day stays, you will surely be thinking about a quiet return to the Philippines. If not, a longer stay in another destination (maybe two-three-four weeks in Bali) is advisable before you return for two more 90 day visas, after which an extended period of travel elsewhere is highly recommended. The important thing is to not indicate you intend to stay there permanently, altho again, I know some who have, without any problems. As in most situations in life, the guiding rule here is, It Depends. Mostly on careful planning and a degree of good luck.

All this of course will be more expensive than just hanging on where you are, but alas, it's the sad truth that most Asian destinations nowadays are no longer cheap. As someone wrote, sensibly cutting back on wine, comely wenches in shady bars and spirited nights of karaoke for a while will save you a lot of money you can use to fund your (temporary or otherwise) new lifestyle in, say, Malaysia.

Ideally you should have an ongoing air ticket out of the country. I book to fly out of Singapore and have only had to assure an immigration officer one time that my plan was to travel down by bus after a few nights in Melaka. There were no problems and I was allowed into the country without fuss or bother. You could try Bali wih Air Asia as there are often low fares. In Bali you get a free 30 day tourist visa. Stay one or two weeks, enjoy the laid back life, then fly back to Malaysia for another 89 day life in lotus land. Of course there is a (small) risk, but it seems to work.

Assuming you are a bonafide tourist, not working or looking for work, and not involved in anything shady beyond maybe sharing a beer with a naughty lady in a shady bar... Malaysia is keen to get tourist dollars flowing in and usually they are welcoming.

Am not sure about the British visa situation as I travel on an Australian passport. Technically you need an ongoing ticket, but I often enter Malaysia (at KLIA) without as my plan is always to enjoy myself in one or two locations and then travel by bus to Singapore for a new 60 day Indonesian visa, not exactlycheap but easily obtained via a Chinatown agency on a six-hour service. I stay one night at an Ibis hotel, then fly out of Changi the next evening. My usual costs for this 'jaunt' (the Singapore part) average $S400 plus another $A80-$100 for the Surabaya airfare. Not cheap, but necessary, and I budget for all this lavish living by what I save by living sensibly if not exactly frugally in Indonesia, where costs are low, yes, even in Bali.

PII (#4130), elgin1983 in his post (#4126) makes some interesting observations. You have talked several times about 'a free lawyer' acting for LL. Rest assured there is no such thing anywhere in the world - lawyers always get paid, beyond one introductory 'free consulation' they work for hard cash. My guess is your LL availed herself of this freeby and was told a few truths she didn't cae for, also advised as to what threats she should make to get you good and scared. Beyond that, she knows fully well she will have to fork out the pesos for a lawyer to act on her behalf, and if she doesn't have the dosh, then no cigar, honey.

IM(LT)HO, you should have blocked her a long time ago and maintained the silence. Now you have (or you say you have), but at the cost of not only egging her on but also giving her a lot of valuable ammunition to use against you. As any criminal lawyer will tell you, the prisons of the world are full of inmates who have talked their way to behind bars. I am not saying you are in any way a criminal, but indiscreet and at time very unwise, yes. Your big mouth and your emotional need to maintain contact with this obviously disturbed woman, may have done you a dgreat isservice.

As part of your Plan B, why not check Traveloka or some other such travel web site every few days for updated airfares to your first escape point and one place beyond, to be used if and when. Maybe Penang and Bali. Bali and Penang. It's worth noting that Indonesia and Malaysia are among very few in Asia to NOT charge fees for basic tourist visas - all the others pick your pocket either prior to or when you land at the airport and they want their visa grab in US$$.

Ten paragraphs, ha!! But I've tried to cover several issues, which meant many words. If anyone wants more information and I can assist in any way, just post.

And elgin1983, if you want more info on Malaysian visas, please start a new thread and PM me. I will happily join in. BTW I am also ofay with a few things about living in Bali where we are now (in Sanur), tho it's starting to look as if our stay in the land of Hindu gods, gorgeous polychrome temples and lavish cremations may be running down to its end...

All sounds good, plenty of travel , exciting, and relatively cheap. What happens if your on a tight budget and you need medical treatment or have an accident which requires hospitalization ?

Old Feb 2nd 2020, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
That is not the case. The new passport only shows your new name. It's no different to a woman getting a new passport after marriage when her name changes, or reverting back to her maiden name after divorce.
Thanks.. Good info

Regards
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JDW
I am responding to two posts, so I'll try (a loaded keyword for me) to be brief (defined by my partner as "usually no less but often more than ten paragraphs"). I've not copied the original posts in keeping with my new minimalist approach...

To elgin1983 (#4126), your query was specifically Malaysia, but as PII could easily adapt my info to his situation, I will comment here. (PII, think flying to Bali for 30 days, then mabe to Singapore for a new 60 day Indonesian visa, making your Bali stay 90 days - that is, assuming you'd be making Bali a temporary stay). The Malaysian 90 tourist visa is granted on arrival. Yes, it is subject to the 'discretion' (= mood or whim) of the immigration officer you front up to, which is theory can be anxiety-provoking but in reality (in my case and also many others) has never caused any problems. I have friends in KL and Ipoh who've lived in Malaysia for a few years and fly out/in every 89 days without any worries. Admittedly they are both late 70s and look 'prosperous' but both assure me they have never been asked to pay any hush money at KLIA. In Indonesia, maybe. In Malaysia, highly unlikely.

A few younger visitors I've talked to have reported hassles from immigration. None was denied entry, but there were questions asked. Being 70+, I've not had any hassles, but in this insecure world it's good to have a Plan B Mine is to carry printed copies of my ongoing airfare (ex Singapore) and all my hotel bookings, also $500 in Australian dollars. For the latter, small notes are fine, $20s and $50s (moneychangers will accept these but not $10s or $5s). Never flash $100s, those could be too tempting to a corrupt immi bully...

After two 90 day stays, you will surely be thinking about a quiet return to the Philippines. If not, a longer stay in another destination (maybe two-three-four weeks in Bali) is advisable before you return for two more 90 day visas, after which an extended period of travel elsewhere is highly recommended. The important thing is to not indicate you intend to stay there permanently, altho again, I know some who have, without any problems. As in most situations in life, the guiding rule here is, It Depends. Mostly on careful planning and a degree of good luck.

All this of course will be more expensive than just hanging on where you are, but alas, it's the sad truth that most Asian destinations nowadays are no longer cheap. As someone wrote, sensibly cutting back on wine, comely wenches in shady bars and spirited nights of karaoke for a while will save you a lot of money you can use to fund your (temporary or otherwise) new lifestyle in, say, Malaysia.

Ideally you should have an ongoing air ticket out of the country. I book to fly out of Singapore and have only had to assure an immigration officer one time that my plan was to travel down by bus after a few nights in Melaka. There were no problems and I was allowed into the country without fuss or bother. You could try Bali wih Air Asia as there are often low fares. In Bali you get a free 30 day tourist visa. Stay one or two weeks, enjoy the laid back life, then fly back to Malaysia for another 89 day life in lotus land. Of course there is a (small) risk, but it seems to work.

Assuming you are a bonafide tourist, not working or looking for work, and not involved in anything shady beyond maybe sharing a beer with a naughty lady in a shady bar... Malaysia is keen to get tourist dollars flowing in and usually they are welcoming.

Am not sure about the British visa situation as I travel on an Australian passport. Technically you need an ongoing ticket, but I often enter Malaysia (at KLIA) without as my plan is always to enjoy myself in one or two locations and then travel by bus to Singapore for a new 60 day Indonesian visa, not exactlycheap but easily obtained via a Chinatown agency on a six-hour service. I stay one night at an Ibis hotel, then fly out of Changi the next evening. My usual costs for this 'jaunt' (the Singapore part) average $S400 plus another $A80-$100 for the Surabaya airfare. Not cheap, but necessary, and I budget for all this lavish living by what I save by living sensibly if not exactly frugally in Indonesia, where costs are low, yes, even in Bali.

PII (#4130), elgin1983 in his post (#4126) makes some interesting observations. You have talked several times about 'a free lawyer' acting for LL. Rest assured there is no such thing anywhere in the world - lawyers always get paid, beyond one introductory 'free consulation' they work for hard cash. My guess is your LL availed herself of this freeby and was told a few truths she didn't cae for, also advised as to what threats she should make to get you good and scared. Beyond that, she knows fully well she will have to fork out the pesos for a lawyer to act on her behalf, and if she doesn't have the dosh, then no cigar, honey.

IM(LT)HO, you should have blocked her a long time ago and maintained the silence. Now you have (or you say you have), but at the cost of not only egging her on but also giving her a lot of valuable ammunition to use against you. As any criminal lawyer will tell you, the prisons of the world are full of inmates who have talked their way to behind bars. I am not saying you are in any way a criminal, but indiscreet and at time very unwise, yes. Your big mouth and your emotional need to maintain contact with this obviously disturbed woman, may have done you a dgreat isservice.

As part of your Plan B, why not check Traveloka or some other such travel web site every few days for updated airfares to your first escape point and one place beyond, to be used if and when. Maybe Penang and Bali. Bali and Penang. It's worth noting that Indonesia and Malaysia are among very few in Asia to NOT charge fees for basic tourist visas - all the others pick your pocket either prior to or when you land at the airport and they want their visa grab in US$$.

Ten paragraphs, ha!! But I've tried to cover several issues, which meant many words. If anyone wants more information and I can assist in any way, just post.

And elgin1983, if you want more info on Malaysian visas, please start a new thread and PM me. I will happily join in. BTW I am also ofay with a few things about living in Bali where we are now (in Sanur), tho it's starting to look as if our stay in the land of Hindu gods, gorgeous polychrome temples and lavish cremations may be running down to its end...
Australia is an Asean member as far as I know. This gives you more FoM than others have. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I doubt Phil11 has the funds to do all those visa trips to here and there e.g. Singapore.

Old Feb 2nd 2020, 12:40 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Just for information purposes, not particularly for P11. I am female and I let my British pp expire several years ago. When I got around to applying for a new pp, everything was sent back to me. My previous pp was in my married name, and had been for years. I have never been divorced. Instructions were that because I had let my previous pp expire for several years, I was back to square one (i.e. treated as a first pp). I had to sent in a copy of my marriage certificate. They had to have a chain of name changes. Therefore, if I had been married, divorced, married, divorced, i.e. with name changes, all info would have to be sent in. Passports are much more difficult to obtain for women than men. So if you go through names changes, etc., expect some difficulties along the way.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 12:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JDW

about 'a free lawyer' acting for LL. Rest assured there is no such thing anywhere in the world - lawyers always get paid, beyond one introductory 'free consulation' they work for hard cash. My guess is your LL availed herself of this freeby and was told a few truths she didn't cae for, also advised as to what threats she should make to get you good and scared. Beyond that, she knows fully well she will have to fork out the pesos for a lawyer to act on her behalf, and if she doesn't have the dosh, then no cigar, honey.
Free lawyers are indeed available in many countries. In the US it is called Pro Bono. In both law firms that I've worked in during my career, attorneys were to 'volunteer' x number of hours per year doing pro bono work. The judicial system also has court appointed attorneys who will represent 'clients' and there is no cost to the client. Yes, it is not free because the citizens of the state pay their salary but it is indeed free to the client needing representation. Do you need examples?
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Just for information purposes, not particularly for P11. I am female and I let my British pp expire several years ago. When I got around to applying for a new pp, everything was sent back to me. My previous pp was in my married name, and had been for years. I have never been divorced. Instructions were that because I had let my previous pp expire for several years, I was back to square one (i.e. treated as a first pp). I had to sent in a copy of my marriage certificate. They had to have a chain of name changes. Therefore, if I had been married, divorced, married, divorced, i.e. with name changes, all info would have to be sent in. Passports are much more difficult to obtain for women than men. So if you go through names changes, etc., expect some difficulties along the way.
The same in the US. Two years ago when I 'lost' my passport just before a trip to Budapest, I had to apply for a replacement/new passport. I needed to include marriage certificate, birth certificate, pass divorce certificate, etc. to prove the chain of name changes.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 1:10 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
The same in the US. Two years ago when I 'lost' my passport just before a trip to Budapest, I had to apply for a replacement/new passport. I needed to include marriage certificate, birth certificate, pass divorce certificate, etc. to prove the chain of name changes.
Exactly. So name changes, marriages, divorces, etc., can be a pain in the neck, mainly for women. If P11 changes his name, expect problems along the way. All these men talking about how easy it is - well yes, for men.

Also, for this new Driver Licence ID they have come out with in the US, you have to prove your name changes.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 4:08 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Exactly. So name changes, marriages, divorces, etc., can be a pain in the neck, mainly for women. If P11 changes his name, expect problems along the way. All these men talking about how easy it is - well yes, for men.

Also, for this new Driver Licence ID they have come out with in the US, you have to prove your name changes.
2. Changing the name in your passport following your change of name by Deed Poll
If you change your legal name by Deed Poll, your Deed Poll document will be accepted by the passport office as documentary evidence of your change of name. Please note, your Deed Poll will also be accepted by all United Kingdom government departments and agencies, companies and organisations to enable you to get all your other documents and records changed or reissued in your new name including your UK driving licence, bank accounts, credit cards and medical records etc etc.

When you send your passport application form to the Passport Office, you simply need to enclose your Deed Poll document.

Information and advice about how to change your name on your British passport | UK Deed Poll Service

Seems fairly straightforward. Just send docs with the application.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 4:26 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Free lawyers are indeed available in many countries. In the US it is called Pro Bono. In both law firms that I've worked in during my career, attorneys were to 'volunteer' x number of hours per year doing pro bono work. The judicial system also has court appointed attorneys who will represent 'clients' and there is no cost to the client. Yes, it is not free because the citizens of the state pay their salary but it is indeed free to the client needing representation. Do you need examples?
State-funded lawyers are only provided for the defendant in criminal cases, not for people who are starting a civil case against someone, as LL is threatening. And I would be surprised if they are even provided in criminal cases in the Philippines: most 3rd world countries won't give you a glass of water for free, never mind legal representation.

So the only possibility of a "free" lawyer would seem to be a no-win no-fee lawyer. Again, given the weakness of the case and the complexity and cost of even tracking P11 down to serve him, and the fact that this is a 3rd world country in which nobody does anything on credit, I find this claim rather far-fetched. Particularly as it is coming from someone who has never knowingly told the truth.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 9:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

2. Changing the name in your passport following your change of name by Deed Poll
If you change your legal name by Deed Poll, your Deed Poll document will be accepted by the passport office as documentary evidence of your change of name. Please note, your Deed Poll will also be accepted by all United Kingdom government departments and agencies, companies and organisations to enable you to get all your other documents and records changed or reissued in your new name including your UK driving licence, bank accounts, credit cards and medical records etc etc.

When you send your passport application form to the Passport Office, you simply need to enclose your Deed Poll document.

Information and advice about how to change your name on your British passport | UK Deed Poll Service

Seems fairly straightforward. Just send docs with the application.
Just a note of caution, the website you've linked to is a private business, not an official UK government one.

Yes, the OP would need to change his name by deed poll and use this document to apply for a new passport in the new name. However, British citizens who reside permanently overseas can't change their name by deed poll:
If you’re a permanent resident overseas, you cannot change your name by deed poll.
https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll

He could return to the UK to do it, but would need a residential address there. After he has the name change deed poll document, to apply for a passport in this name he'd also need to supply documents that show he's using this new name in all aspects of his life, so he'd need to have documents in his new name from agencies such as the UK Department of Works and Pensions, Council tax, his bank, driver's licence etc.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Greetings..

I received a message last night from my wife's gyne. She stated that my wife and her attorney went to the clinic on Saturday and retrieved all her medical records. The reason given as I understand it was that I was no longer interested. I find this action disconcerting.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.