Me and My Family

Old Jan 26th 2020, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Mallory
When I first binge read the first few years of this thread, as it was very interesting, I could not believe that you were giving all and sundry money. Why did you just not keep up your wife and yourself. Who goes round giving dozens of people money, giving them beer, frozen meat, free wifi, paying for meds. When you planned to go to the Philippines did you expect to be paying out part of your pension to other people, or did you just drift into it? I know I live in the US, and it is a different culture, but if I was on a meager pension and trying to live my life, I would be keeping my money for myself and my spouse. Why did you start on this money lending life - it just caused a huge life problem for you?
Dozens of people free beer... Giving money to all and sundry.. Frozen meat.. Free WiFi.... Explain to me where you extrapolated this from!!?

Old Jan 26th 2020, 2:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
When I first binge read the first few years of this thread, as it was very interesting, I could not believe that you were giving all and sundry money. Why did you just not keep up your wife and yourself. Who goes round giving dozens of people money, giving them beer, frozen meat, free wifi, paying for meds. When you planned to go to the Philippines did you expect to be paying out part of your pension to other people, or did you just drift into it? I know I live in the US, and it is a different culture, but if I was on a meager pension and trying to live my life, I would be keeping my money for myself and my spouse. Why did you start on this money lending life - it just caused a huge life problem for you?
Me and my husband! We live in the US and have been financially and materially assisting our two neighbors with money to tide them over until their next pension check (and rarely being reimbursed), paying for their meds, driving them to appointments, fixing things about their house, giving things up from our freezer so that they have a meal to eat, etc. After three years, the doors are closed, the purses are empty and the word "NO" resonates clearly and distinctly to all and sundry.

And yes, we try to live solely on our two social security benefit checks.

Believe it or not, there are people in this world who care about the lives of others and are willing to help them but eventually see that the help given is expected by some of these people so the helping stops. More the pity for those truly in need.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 4:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
You might have but I have only made one and that is when I thought I had done something wrong.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Dozens of people free beer... Giving money to all and sundry.. Frozen meat.. Free WiFi.... Explain to me where you extrapolated this from!!?
She is buying frozen food which goes in the freezer but every now and then her sister (who pays no rent, utilities etc ) and lives on my property pops in every now and then and helps herself to the sausages in the freezer.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Me and my husband! We live in the US and have been financially and materially assisting our two neighbors with money to tide them over until their next pension check (and rarely being reimbursed), paying for their meds, driving them to appointments, fixing things about their house, giving things up from our freezer so that they have a meal to eat, etc. After three years, the doors are closed, the purses are empty and the word "NO" resonates clearly and distinctly to all and sundry.

And yes, we try to live solely on our two social security benefit checks.

Believe it or not, there are people in this world who care about the lives of others and are willing to help them but eventually see that the help given is expected by some of these people so the helping stops. More the pity for those truly in need.
There is a difference between philanthropy and the P11 experience.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaygee68
There are now tensions on this thread.P11's replies are becoming increasingly terse,but I can understand the defensive behaviour.

As for an actor playing P11 in a movie,if he was an American,it would have to be Kevin Kline.Because he is from the UK,Bill Nighy or Terry Thomas would be ideal.
Yes I have noticed the same trend in P11's responses and can understand the defensiveness or pride issues. I knew an older Expat who had a similar personality and situation, so and comments I have made were well intentioned. It could be he is now realizing all the comments made by different people have some validity.

Kevon Kline would be good choice.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously you don't understand simple English... Read what I said again

Were you one of the smug armchair critics who also predicted I would be back with her within 3 months??
​​​​​​​
No smugness , just reading you own words for some time and trying to give some helpful advice.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 6:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thistlehollyberry
She is buying frozen food which goes in the freezer but every now and then her sister (who pays no rent, utilities etc ) and lives on my property pops in every now and then and helps herself to the sausages in the freezer.
it’s no use. I copied and pasted some of his early posts a few weeks ago, Scouse made a longer list yesterday. He only denies or ignores it all.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 7:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

SOS...

Thanks for your expansive post...I am not going to quote it here again..(scroll time). It occurs to me that you and perhaps other armchair critics do not live in the Philippines otherwise you will realize that the events you reproduced are due to culture. And nothing else. Having lived here for nearly 5 yrs, I know what the culture is (despite what others may claim). Basically the average Filipino family share whatever they have. As my wife once put it to me....If God has given you a gift, it must be shared. They live in each others houses, come and go as they wish and help themselves to whatever is on offer. They share the responsibilities of their children and if a family is down on its luck, relatives will give their last peso to help. That is their culture. Now, you have outlined the problems I had with the culture, and how I dealt with it. But the credit must go to my wife. She helped me deal with this by fielding their requests after she saw the problems it was causing me. She protected me and the family soon realized how formidable she could be. I had very little problems with the cultural aspect thereafter.

Now these cultural problems pale into insignificance on what has happened over the past year or so. That is a different kettle of fish. I have now dealt with it to my satisfaction and although it may not be over yet, I am well armed to deal with future events.

Finally on a broader aspect, I have constantly stated that my time here has been just about perfect except for the past year or so. What you and others see posted here is what I think may be of interest to the readers, The readers are not interested in the very happy times me and my wife had together as I found out. What sells newspapers? Generally its down to headlines. Readers will not be interested in the mundane. Interesting headlines whether great or bad news sells newspapers.

Regards
Presenting another near perfect year, in which the 'culture' didn't cause any problems and your LL protected you

16 January 2016
So it appears I am being scalped twice by this hairdresser. But to be fair to him, he never asked for 350 peso...I just asked my gf what I should pay on my first haircut when I arrived and that was the price she suggested which I paid. He is a family friend and I now think I am paying 350 peso for all her family to have their hair cut. But this will end.
The festive season is over and we had a minor disagreement about going shopping. Long story...boring. This somehow led to her packing all her belongings at midnight into black plastic bags and called for her father to take her to the family house.
99.9% of the time she is a very loving and caring lady. But the .1% is what concerns me more.

21 January 2016
Think gf tried to pull a fast one yesterday. I have a notepad which contains various things and one is a list of debtors. I noticed one had been deleted for 3K for one of her friends I never delete but make a new entry and tackled her about this. She tried to explain it had been paid but I proved otherwise. Now 3k is a fiddling amount of money but again its the principal. A similar thing happened last month when she wanted a 2k advance of allowance and then later claimed she paid it back. I was 99.9% convinced she didn't and gave her that tiniest piece of doubt. I thought losing 2k was better than a Pinay pout! But not anymore.

1 February 2016
On a more serious note. I do not normally check what money I have in my wallet but about 6 weeks ago I think I lost 1k. Well, 90% sure I did. Mentioned it to her and said maybe it dropped out and she said she lost 1k also. She was wanting to borrow 2k the previous day. Anyway, I decided to write a note how much was in my wallet each day and this morning found I was 500 peso short. Mentioned it to her so she now knows that I keep an eye on such things. I seriously hope I am wrong...maybe she "borrowed" 500 peso and didn't want to say. Or I miscounted. I don't know. Ok, it is not a lot but it certainly puts an unwanted question mark over trust. I shall keep vigilant....

12 February 2016
​​​​​​​I mentioned that my hairdresser who I pay 350 peso for a 20 minute snip owes 2k. I was going to insist that he repays the loan before I get another snip from him. My lovely lady beat me to that. She reminded me that I needed my haircut and suggested we go to the local barber. He only charges 50 peso she said. So I guess that's one way to tell me that I wont be seeing the 2k. She has another two friends who owe a long standing total of 8k. I shall try to recoup that later. Although I have good reason to believe that the 8k I gave to her did not go to her friends

16 February 2016
The two debts I related to in my last post: Both of them are her friends and normally we have to dash to Palawan or whatever to send the money to her friends. This never happened on these two occasions. One is a wealthy (just bought a house) on line seller who wanted 3k. That never made sense to me. 30k maybe. She came here about 10 weeks ago and I said I would ask about repayment. Gf then gave a convoluted story which went over my head and said she would pay instead but I must not mention the debt to her. That just confirmed my suspicions. Second one was to an OFW for 5k. Lent before to her and got timely repayment. She initially wanted 15k over 3 months. I said no. Later it was 5k but again, no visit to Palawan to send the money. She earns 18k pm in Kuwait so why would she want a loan? So again, suspicions had been aroused. That was about 3 months ago. I shall go about retrieving some of the money at the end of the month when I give her allowance.

5 April 2016
Had what I thought was a cheeky request from my gf. She has a personal allowance of 8k per month. Most of that is gone with payment of advance, monthly tv repayments on another tv we do not need, rent for her parents.... etc. She asked for another 1k per month. This was to pay her mother for doing our washing.

Her birthday is next week and asked what she wanted. She saw on-line jewelry for 18k. I said it was too much and 12k is about what I can afford. She then spotted something for 15k. I compromised.

​​​​​​​Big party tomorrow celebrating birthdays and things. Gf appears to be paying for everything. But, she is owed 10k from a customer who will pay next week and asked for a 10k loan to be repaid when the customer repays. I don't have a spare 10k laying about, so gave her the 9750 peso quarterly payment for her pension which is due this month. Told her to use that and she can pay for her pension out of the money owed when it is paid. Not my problem anymore.

16 April 2016
I assume my lovely lady paid for it all. Or did she? I gave her nearly 10k for her quarterly private pension but she has not paid that in and due next week. She used it to pay for the celebrations because the money she was expecting to receive from a customer did not materialize.
-----------------
Had a straight talk yesterday. Yes...about money. Her father wanted to borrow 2k from me a week or so ago. My lovely lady lent him the money instead. Then he wanted another 1.5k for valid reasons (I think) so he was referred to me. I lent him the money with the promise that he will pay back yesterday. He did. He already owed 1.5k from a few months ago and my lovely lady asked him to come back with the total 3k owing to me and her 2k. Ok....he came back with only 4k still owing me 1k. 2k of that was for my gf which as I said she had lent to him. We had a beer together to celebrate the repayment and then just as he left.....he said my gf sister needed 2k urgently. She is the one living next door foc of rent etc and still owes me 5k from about 6 months ago. Without going into detail, I knew she wanted help with a problem but I was annoyed. I receive the owed money in one hand....and out it goes to her sister in the other hand. I made it clear that I wanted the 2k repaid next week and the 5k after the election. Told her father that the remaining 1k was to be paid next week. The brick walls appeared to agree. Resulted in gf with a long face and a headache.

17 April 2016
This episode just reminds me of the occasion a couple of months ago when we visited her families house and her father invited me in for a couple of beers. His brother pitched up later and took two beers from me to make up for those which I had drunk. All smoke and mirrors.... It felt insulting. As it did the other night.

19 April 2016
Looks like I have been out-maneuvered again. I mentioned a few pages ago that I was wanted to be a sponsor at a wedding. At first I agreed, then a couple of hours later I explained to my lovely lady I had to decline. The reason being, I did not know these people and to my mind it was an excuse by the couple to get my money....rather than any personal interest in me. This resulted in a pinay pout. However, she said it was too late because it was already printed on the invitations(?) that I was a sponsor. I didn't believe that. Also, she said she was initially nominated but because she was too young (?) compared to the couple, I was next in line. I thought this was all a load of b......s and told her so. Yesterday, she told me the wedding was next week....and I was still a sponsor. So, there you go....no escape at such short notice. But I have told her that in future I will not sponsor anything unless I know the people concerned. Guess its closing the gate after the horse has bolted. Again.

Her uncle is away on "holiday" at the moment and normally lives with her father and family. He has never had a job and is the "goffer" for the family. He is a very lovely man and I sometimes help him out with cigarettes and medicine

Ps....nearly forgot. Went to the freezer compartment in the fridge yesterday and found that half the contents appear to be missing.

23 April 2016
Gf sister who I lent a further 2k has been avoiding me like the plague. She normally comes waltzing into our house (or should I say waddling) 2 or 3 times a day but since I had strong words with her about paying back....she has kept well clear. And no payback.

Gf has not paid the money I gave her for her pension. As I previously posted, I suspect she used that to pay for the quadruple celebrations we had. She is waiting for a customer to pay for jewelry which is now well overdue to pay for her pension. The pension payment is due on 25th. Just waiting for her to ask for a loan to cover it. I mentioned that she had money with her supplier who is holding her profits for jewelry she wants. Disappointed to see that jewelry came two days ago. Guess that can be pawned to
pay for her pension.....

27 April 2016
She has not paid for her pension with the money I gave her and its now overdue. She has not received outstanding money owed from a client with which she was going to pay the 9775 peso premium. Just waiting for her to ask for a loan. It will not be forthcoming.

This, plus the fact that since I have been here I have been overspending on her and her family plus unpaid loans prompted me to tell her this evening that I need to cut back and no more extra spending or loans will be given from now on. She seemed rather surprised by this and apart from asking the reason why....offered no further comment. I have finally put my foot down and the stage is set.

29 April 2016
​​​​​​​I am not too concerned about her pension premium which is now overdue. She had the money, but spent it elsewhere. That's her problem....not mine. I suspect she will pawn something. Probably her expensive birthday present if she wants me to feel bad. But it wont.

As I said, I am overspending since my arrival here. I have a few years of bank reserves left but the trend cannot continue.

Yes, as far as I am concerned it is a long term relationship. Hence her pension arrangements. She wants to marry and wants children. Not surprising from a 34 year old pinay.

30 April 2016
As far as money goes, I am in a nice position now....I think. If anyone wants money, I can now say I have none to spare. But of course if her sister repays the 7k and her OFW friend in Kuwait repays the 5k she has been owing for a while then maybe I might have some spare. But I doubt if her sister will repay that, and as I mentioned a few pages back, I never saw any evidence of the 5k going to the OFW. I believe my lovely lady pocketed that.
---------------
She got a call this afternoon from her mother and her father came around. Before he got to the house, I saw her give him at least 1k. That's another loan she has fielded for me. He daren't ask me and did not even say good day. Got his money and went.

This evening we went to the beach for our daily walk and I had the usual couple of beers and she had something light to eat. I always pay for that. Her two sisters pitched up....had a bite to eat and a couple of drinks then legged it.

1 May 2016
I have spent about 90k in the last year putting their daughter through the last year of college from which she graduated last month. My lovely lady gives them 2.5k per month to pay their rent from her allowance (8k) I give them 3k per month for prescriptive medicines.

18 May 2016
Had a couple of hints for money. Her father broke the glass on his phone and wanted a new one. Her sister who owes me 7k wanted to attend a function a couple of hours away and couldn't afford the 180 peso return fare.

GF has still not paid the premium for her pension. I gave her 10k for that. Instead she has been buying gold jewelry for herself out of her profits. Last week it was about 6k I think and last night received jewelry for about 10k. I asked whats happening about the premium and it was like lighting the blue touch paper. She was going to pawn two items of jewelry to pay for it but for various reasons failed to do so. I said she may find the Pension Plan cancelled through non-payment which sadly resulted in a Pinay Pout and she will go back to Kuwait to earn better money.

19 May 2016
The pension thing is not quite over yet. The Philam rep will be contacting her that the policy will lapse on the 25th May if no payment is forthcoming. I told the rep to deal with her personally. I have washed my hands of the whole thing. We shall see what the outcome of that is. The whole episode is a big disappointment. She wanted a pension....so I got her one. Ok, I appear to have wasted nearly 20k, but the upside is....I am now saving nearly 10k per quarter. She has been told that her future pension will consist of pawning her beloved jewelry. Her problem. Not mine
--------------------
She now understands that I do not respond to threats. During the pinay pout she got out all her Kuwait docs incl passport, etc. Posted something on fb about going to Japan which has advertised jobs at 66k per month. The episode lasted that evening and most of next day. I just got on with life.

24 May 2016
Yesterday, I thought today I would be writing my final post

Two nights ago, my lovely lady had another Pinay Pout ..... I had no idea why. That evening she put a lovely post on her fb about us going to Maldives for honeymoon. This as expected prompted lots of great comments etc. She was her normal happy self. Later she had gone into a Pout for no discernible reason. I asked what was up...as usual, no reply. Yesterday morning, Pout was still there so I just ignored it.....as you do. Later that morning, she announced solemnly that she was going to go to Bacolod tomorrow (today) to prepare to go back to Kuwait. She said (tearfully) that she needs to go back and earn money for herself. Told her that if she goes, then I will get her father to remove her possessions from my house. More tears.

Later in the early afternoon, she said she was going to go to Bacolod that afternoon. I told her to go....I was off to the beach for lunch and a few beers. I said goodbye....then more tears. Long story now short....She accompanied me to the beach and spent an hour or so there. She told me she was frightened of the future with no money. Now, I think this all came about because her pension advisor contacted her to tell her she will lose her pension if she does not pay the premium by the 25th of this month. I reassured her (again) that I promised to take care of her whilst she was with me. So....after her mini drama. All is well again. She is back to her happy self. But the premium remains unpaid.

25 May 2016
Yes indeed...it is me paying her allowance and therefore my money paying the rent. Her 8k personal allowance is now spent thus: 3k rent, 3k for a second tv and 2k for her expensive mobile phone. Her choice. She also gets 25k for rent and food etc.​​​​​​​

Finally, I have not mentioned this before. A few weeks ago during the pension payment drama, I noticed my lovely lady chatting on her phone. Not unusual...she is forever chatting in her spare time. Difficult to understand the conversation as its always in Illongo and text speak. But I picked up on this. It was to an ex-OFW in Bacolod where she needs to go to prepare to work overseas. She replied to her friend...25/26th. Her friend mentioned a local hotel costing 1.4k per night and "its home from home" My mind worked overtime on that. Maybe I am putting 2 and 2 together making 5. 25th of each month is when she gets her household and personal allowance. One reason why I thought it odd that she was going to leave a few days ago without her allowance.

26 May 2016
It is true, she needs patient understanding....but my patience tank is now very low after the episode of the last few weeks. I can forgive...but never forget what happened. It will take time to get over that mini drama which shook my confidence in her. I hope I am given that time. Can I live with such a woman with these faults? The answer most probably is no as it stands. But over the last year or so, she has made many changes to accommodate my wishes. I never demand and only once I laid the law down. I m

27 May 2016
The money and ATM issue can never wear me down now. I have told them that money is getting tight and if any loans or money is required, It will have to come from her sister and gf OFW friend who owe me a total of 12k. Once that is freed up....I will consider further loans very carefully. The ball is no longer in my court.

6 June 2016
She mentioned today that she will pay her pension premium tomorrow when we go to Bacolod at the Philam office. She is picking up about 80k in payments from an on-line client from the UK who is here for a few days. No idea what her profits are, but she will pay from that. We shall see.

8 June 2016
The pension premium still has not been paid....but will be tomorrow. I wont go into the long confusing story that makes no sense, but she pawned some jewelry this morning to pay for it.

She has no logic which is exasperating. She receives and pays money 2 or 3 times a day at Palawan etc. She can wait up to about 30 mins each time she goes there. I suggested that she should go once per day and conduct all the transactions at once. She made a good impression of a brick wall. Once she gets notification of a payment, she is off like a rocket. When I first arrived here, I suggested walks during the day. No way....it was far too hot. But not hot enough to collect moneyso it seems

12 June 2016
My lovely lady paid her pension premiums the other day. Another round to me....but there always appears to be the "ding ding" of another round later.

19 June 2016
Her father and brother used to pop by most evenings with a "I want Red Horse" look about them. That rarely happens anymore, especially when I was invited into their house for a couple of beers a while back and then he sent his brother round here to take two bottles back from me. Now if he comes round, he has the familiar "I want something" on his face. Normally its something to do with the E.cig he has. Gosh....that was a terrible mistake getting him that for Xmas.

Normally he wants e.liquid. I reckon he drinks the stuff the way he gets through it. The other night he needed a part for his e.cig (cartomiser) which I didn't have and told him he can get them for about 100 peso from memory. But from Bacolod a 7 hr return journey. He has two sons working there so its not a great problem. Popped round the other night and said they were in fact 300 peso each and how can he afford that. He wanted to buy one like mine also and the cost was just over 2k. And how can he afford that also. I just smiled sweetly and thought to myself .....from the same place he found the money to build two fish ponds ,,,,buy Cignal TV, new I-phone and a family trip to Cebu.

23 June 2016
She is having a pout at the moment. Yep...normality is back. She mentioned yesterday that I needed a haircut. I said maybe next week. She likes regimentally short hair which I don't. Its not long anyway. Went out for our walk this morning and she said I need a haircut. My reply was the same as before. Walks past a barbers shop and she asks for a vacancy...which there was. Again, I told her no...maybe next week. Cue full blown Pinay Pout. So...no breakfast for me this morning then. I really don't like being told what to do. I am not a dog. Would you or I tell your lovely lady that she needs her hair cut or dyed...or whatever? Of course not

4 July 2016
But saying all that she has mooted the idea of having a jewelry shop here. She already has a successful on-line shop. However, when I asked where she would get the capital to pay for stock, I just got a blank look. Maybe she has not thought of that.....or maybe she has. She also wants a rice store here. She has not asked me for capital for that, but if she does I shall remind her that I gave her and her pastor uncle 10k last year to invest in rice. I have seen no returns from that.

6 July 2016
yes, I do sometimes think..... is it all worth it? There are times even now when I sometimes question my sanity, or the will to live. Initially, I was going to visit the Philippines and have a look around at places such as Cebu, Davao and Bohol. Plus others. Looking for a relationship was on the agenda to be honest, but I would have preferred to have settled in somewhere first and then to take my pick of what was available.
​​​​​​​
Her parents house for which she/we pay 3k pm rent has problems also with the rain and water is coming down the walls. It was the same last year. The owner said he will bear half the cost of repairs, which my lovely lady refused. No idea what she wants me to do about it. Well I do actually. But my thoughts are...Oh dear, how sad. Never mind.

7 July 2016
Her father is now pressurizing her to do something about their house. Also the waste tank is blocked and needs emptying. He reckons it will cost 1500 peso to empty. Funny that....it only cost me 300 peso to empty ours. This annoys me. He is the head of the family and should deal with it himself....not pressure my gf. He claims he has no money. Not our fault....we already pay 6k for rent and medicine. He has a daughter who has been out of college for nearly 4 months now and spends all day on fb. She cannot find a job that befits her degree. Then she should take another lower paid job here to help out. They look after kids belonging to distant relatives....get more upkeep from them. Do not use their motor tricycle for the 5 minute walk here....or the 10 minute walk to the market. That will save money. It must be used about a dozen times a day for trundling about. Seems they want everything on a plate.

8 July 2016
I have no great desire to go back to the UK yet for a visit, although I do miss my sons a lot. When I do decide to go back which will be after divorce etc, I shall ask her to come with me. But I wont insist she comes. But it should be interesting because I believe she still thinks I want to go back to my estranged wife. The last time she thought I went anywhere near her was when I in the Uk and was met with a fb reaction from her. Her profile pic changed to a graphic photo of a cut wrist c/w blood and a razor blade. She threatened self harm but that's a story for another time. Happened 3 times....and only once here.

17 July 2016
Waddling sister is having her house modernized. She has just come into a bit of money I believe and over the weekend has had the back removed and in its place will be another wall with a door leading to an outside kitchen. 2 guys started yesterday and they are hard at it. I see some cement has arrived, so no idea of the cost. Maybe she has forgotten the 7k she owes me. Slightly disappointing to say the least. Maybe I should get over myself. But I will be watching to see how much rent my gf pays this month. Just in case some has been deducted for "repairs". I certainly wont be paying for it.

Her father borrowed 500 peso a few weeks ago. Payable in one week. Ok, its a fiddling amount but I am not amused when they renege on the deal without explanation. He wanted another 1k last week to send his daughter for job interview. I was going to say no, but he asked for it the night before interview. I lent him the 1k not wanting to be blamed for a missed interview. Yes, they certainly know how to work me for money. My gf had no money (really?....plenty of gold to pawn). I told him and her I need it back by the 25th otherwise I will be short for a couple of bills. If I don't get it back, I will tell them both....he can keep the money....but never ask me for money again.

28 July 2016
Waddly sisters improvements to the house is now finished. Her roof is now fixed and she has a new kitchen which has been built as an extension. But, illogically, (a common word I use now), the front door still does not have a lock. It is secured by a piece of string. I think this has been paid out of the rent to the Landlord. I think out of the 10k rent, my lovely lady only paid 7.8k. If this is true, it was never discussed with me by the two sisters. But I suppose if the land lady approved, then its got nothing to do with me. But I don't like the secrecy.

28 July 2016
But I might have discovered something disturbing. Let me explain...

She pays the rent immediately after receiving her allowance which is the 26th of each month. The rent is due on the 11th of each month. I always had the idea that the rent was 15 days overdue....rather than the landlady wanting it early. Maybe I am wrong...but that's by the by.

So, she gets her allowance and we went to Palawan, I assumed to pay the rent. But normally once we get back home she messages the landlady to say it has been paid. This did not happen. Quickly looked at the receipt and saw it was for 7.2k. I assumed it was the rent minus deductions for waddly sisters house improvements and posted as such this morning. Checked again later and found it was for a payment to her dealer. I asked her if she had paid the rent and she said yes. I asked for the receipt as I was now collating all receipts and she could not find it. I searched where she normally places all the receipts from Palawan and nothing could be found. She was adamant she paid it and had a message this morning confirming payment which I never saw. The receipt therefore was lost. Really?

Now, I have collated all receipts but never rent receipts until earlier this month. When I rescued the receipts from a cupboard where she stores all her receipts for payment etc for her on line business, I noticed a few was missing from last year. I assumed they got lost somewhere and wasn't too concerned. I did notice a double payment last year which would account for one receipt. But, this year there is a missing payment for last month (June) also.

Soooo....there you have it. No receipts for rent for the past two months. Have they been lost...or rent not paid. That is the question. We shall see

2 August 2016
Had another look for the 2 missing rent receipts to no avail. However, I found something intriguing. Found a payment voucher for 10k to a Filipina friend of hers in April. About the time when she was unable to pay her pension premium with the 10k I gave her and the quadruple birthday celebrations she paid for. Rent had been paid. Intriguing because she never gives out loans....so I have no idea what that is. This friend has an American bf in the US, and she has been dropping hints to my lovely lady that she wanted a 35k loan (convoluted story). But, I have to assume its her money from her business which she can use as she pleases. But I might just ask her later on when the subject of her Filipina friend comes up.

3 August 2016
MikeNZ. Yes, she has the head, determination and business acumen to run a business. It keeps her busy and makes money for her. Shame its appears to be ploughed back into gold. But hats off to her. She has a few customers who are now her agents.....so the market is expanding from just her fb friends.

Still wondering about the rent.....I am sure there is an innocent answer. But we will see later this month.

4 August 2016
Money. We all like to help out where possible...in fact I am pleased to do so. But I have now got to the stage where I think they are taking the p..s. I asked her father to get the loan of 1.5k repaid by a certain date. It didn't happen as he promised. I had to draw extra funds from the UK which cost me money. The money is not the issue....but the principle. Yes...I know its their culture. I have waddly woman living next door who is using my electricity, water, internet etc living rent free and still owes 7k without any hint of repayment. She comes in here to borrow the iron...which is never returned. Chairs for her new kitchen/dining area which are never returned. She bought her own table btw. Marches in here to use our fridge where she stores everything. It would be nice to hear a thank you from her....or to leave a crate of beer outside every month as a thank you. Or even bake a cake or something. We had our internet changed to LTE last night which requires a new password. She just waddled in, asked my lovely lady for the new password and waddled out again. No thank you forthcoming...

5 August 2016
I think the 10k my gf gave to her friend was not a loan but she has bought something from her.....probably gold jewelry which her American bf bought her. That would go some way towards the money she needs. Makes more sense.

8 August 2016
As far as waddly sister goes, I am beginning to resent her if I am honest with my self. If she showed a bit of gratitude for what I have done and doing for her then all would be ok. She has a parsimonious attitude on fb, loves adding religious posters and her selfies make me smile. She is a little overweight and has a bad complexion. But her pics are doctored to show a slim lady with great complexion. False. Maybe her bf I mentioned about last week met her on fb and was aghast to see this waddly thing meet him. Never seen him again. She was also the one who abandoned her son worm boy on the beach when he was a baby. She felt an earth tremor and ran home in terror leaving him on the beach.

14 August 2016
Her family has moved. Despite paying for roof repairs, their loo is now blocked. I was told that someone found a new place (sadly closer to our place) and the rent is cheaper at 2k instead of 3k. The house is smaller than the one they have left....but the toilet appears ok. Next door to the local Brgy Arena so they can enjoy all the fun and festivities in their bedroom at silly o'clock in the morning. But my gf saves 1k per month on rent. I say no more.

Nearly forgot. The landlord wanted 3 months advance rent. So she wanted a 6k advance on her allowance to pay for it. I suggested she pawned some jewelry but that was no good. She would have to pay 3% interest which is 180 peso. No problem...I will just draw from the UK which cost me 300 peso (£ equiv)

But, as I said previously. No more loans now unless in dire medical emergency until waddly woman repays the 7k. And only then requests will be considered.

17 August 2016
Now heres another thing I learnt this morning. Again...more business acumen from my lovely lady. If someone wants something on layaway using the same example of 10k value and 14k layaway. She will pay her supplier up front (10k) and keep the layaway money herself. So she gets 14k for something valued 10k for which she probably paid 8k. Yes, there are risks but so far no problem. The buyer deposits 40% as downpayment and the rest is on layaway. But....I wonder this. Where did she get the capital from to pay in full? I shall be watching the rent money in about a weeks time. She says she does not always do this, but only when she has the money floating about.

And heres more. We went looking at places today for her to rent as a shop. She thinks there is a market for good quality imported shoes. Nearest place to buy good quality shoes is about 4 hrs drive away. She will stock with examples only from her on-line supplier who can supply within 24 hours. Also will sell other items such as cheap jewelry, bathroom cosmetics and rice. Obviously will also advertise her on-line jewelry. Her sister in law will run the shop. She is scratching around for a business loan at the moment and suffice to say....my signature will not be involved. Or my money....or what is left after I have been shafted by my estranged wife.

19 August 2016
Business loan not going well. Got through to the bank after 3 days of trying and was told she needs collateral or a guarantor. No collateral but she said I could be the guarantor. Its a business loan of 500,000 peso payable (quickly working out) at about 14k per month over 3 years. She said she would employ maybe 2 of her family. I have heard this story before. I said no. I couldn't guarantee anything at the moment. Enter one pout.... Think I am having enough of this.

20 August 2016
We reckoned on having to make approx. 1100 peso per day to break even. But this is with one employee initially at 5000 peso per month rent. This includes electricity and water. No idea what the permit etc costs but it would come out of the initial start up fund. She makes a profit of 1500 peso on each pair of shoes. So far she has sold a few on-line. The shop would also be a focal point of her on-line jewelry....so there are profits there also. She would obviously be "hands on" whereas my role would be giving sage advice whilst sitting on the balcony having a cold beer. Yes, I agree that unsold designer shoes would be problem with no sale or return policy. But they could be loss leaders for the jewelry if they start collecting dust. There are very few rice outlets here and she could compete pricewise....she has an uncle (one of 100's it seems) who could supply at very competitive rates. Yes, I have full confidence in her business acumen, but trust has to be 100%.

26 August 2016
But what gets my goat is that its the waddly sister who avails herself to whats on offer when we are on the beach. She owes me 7k...lives rent free plus all amenities. If it was anyone else, it would be no problem. Next time she comes I think I will take the shirt off my back and let her have that as well! Yes...she gets up my nose. But I intend to change her free rent etc lark soon after my financial situation is sorted.

27 August 2016
I have no intention of turfing her out, but if we stay here she will pay rent etc. In the more likely event of us having to move, I will make sure she will not be coming with us. Yes, the loan is a lost cause. She most certainly will not get another one and as I have said previously, I will tell the family no more loans because I have no spare cash..... Once she repays, then I will have spare cash to loan out. That then puts the onus on her to repay if her family wants loans.
----------------
Nearly forgot. My lovely lady has 2 expensive phones...but never any load. She uses my phone for that but I have stopped buying load. So she uses the house phone which was free when we got the internet. Just got a bill for nearly 900 peso for 2 months use. This morning whilst she popped out I performed a little operation on the house phone. She now needs to pay for load.

30 August 2016
She has asked again for me to be a guarantor for a bank loan. This time for 300k. I gave a non-committal response. But if she presses, it will be a no. This is her cunning plan which has no economic foundation.

5 September 2016
Interestingly and maybe a coincidence, her mother has stopped doing our washing for the past 2 weeks. My lovely lady pays her 1k per month to do. But we still pay their rent and medicine at 5k per month. I would have thought with that financial assistance (not forgetting waddly woman of course who lives rent free etc....and owes 7k and her father owes 1.5k) her family would at least help my lovely lady out with the washing. I do find it annoying. All take...and no giving.

Which reminds me. My lovely ladies father has maintenance medicine for BP and Cholesterol and it costs just over 2k per month. I provide that through my lovely ladies allowance but I give 3k instead of 2k. I assumed she would just hand over the 2k+ on production of the receipt. But instead there is some sort of credit arrangement at the Glades Pharmacy where I thought her father just saunters in and obtains his drugs. But her family seems to have taken advantage of our generosity and takes whatever is needed and my lovely lady just picks up the tab. The tab has been rising over the last few months and she got a bill for 3.5k on her last visit. Although she said nothing to me when she saw the bill but her face said everything. I think they are taking advantage of us. Not for the first time.

6 September 2016
Her brothers 3 year old son is here being minded by sloth girl (explain later). He has a fever and is off school. But he is running around terrorizing our rabbits that have free reign of the grounds. Waddly sister also has a fever which I found out about on fb. It is full of copious pictures of her laying in bed (her face looking thinner and devoid of spots by the magic of photo editing). Also lots of posts about how she trusts in the Lord to get her through this life threatening crisis. Meanwhile, sloth girl is in our hammock with thumbs going ten to the dozen on her I-phone. Sloth girl is the name I have bestowed upon her youngest sister. She went to college to get a degree and was financed by my lovely lady. I financed her last year at college to the tune of about 90k including living expenses. Never had a job bar a few days since end of March. Cannot cook, wash and does little around her parents house. I have never seen her in a hurry or run anywhere. She has the speed and mentality of a sloth. Content to post on fb about searching for love and lurking around malls when pretending to be looking for a job. The malls she visits are about 10-12 hr return bus ride away and where all her college mates are. This financed by her father. My lovely lady feels cheated and so do I. She is angry with her and I don't blame her although she says little about it to me and I have never seen angry words exchanged. Only on one occasion have I seen angry words exchanged in the family which I find odd as I know tensions exist.

Lovely lady was up at the crack of sparrows this morning doing the washing. This is sad. The way we have supported her lot and gets nothing in return. Yesterday, she bought a weeks supply of goodies for the 3 yr old son of her brother to take to school. She has done this every week bless her. The family come around and pick up the bag full of food, stay for 5 minutes and then leg it. I see no sign of gratitude. The boys father comes home once a month for a weekend with his money. Judging by what I see when he has gone back, a lot of that money is spent on Emperador and Red Horse.

I just wonder if I have dysfunctional family here. Or maybe its normal?

6 September 2016
Why? Simple. That was the only way she could finish her last year in college unless her sister went back to Kuwait to earn money. If I did not help, or she did not go back to Kuwait.....how would my position here look if she failed to complete her course? Untenable

Thanks Gazza. It was 30k up front fees and then 5k pm food and accommodation.

The only time my finances have become tenuous is now because my estranged wife has put in a financial order against me which I am fighting against. Prior to that everything was ok.

All the other siblings fend for themselves (except waddly sister sadly). This other sister was a dependant unlike the others who have a job.

The two previous commentators have not answered my question. What should I have done not to make my position untenable? Mike1 has been forecasting gloom and doom since this story began and thus far has been wrong. Maybe he will be right one day. We will see,

7 September 2016
To answer the question you posed: The younger sister was supported wholly for the first 3 years in college by my lovely lady who was working as an OFW in Kuwait. When she came back to the Philippines she had one year left on her course. Her employers in Kuwait wanted her back and indeed still do now. She was part of the family there and was to all intents and purposes the "mother" of their 9 month boy. She misses her Kuwait family and indeed her "son". She was providing for her family here also. However, she was also 33 and had the urge to settle down and start her own family life. She could have gone back to Kuwait....or stayed with me.

10 September 2016
Slightly miffed yesterday. Her brother came over and she gave him our Xmas tree plus all decorations to adorn her families house. Perhaps I am being petty but as it was me that paid for it all, perhaps I should have been consulted. Mushroom scenario again. They have their own decorations which are quite good. Her reasoning was that they were broken. Yeah....she expects muggings here to buy new ones this year. I think she will be slightly disappointed when she finds her parents house has better decorations than ours this year. But I suspect this is a sop to her parents to try and get their relationship on an even keel. I could be wrong of course.

16 September 2016
My lovely lady likes to sell various things on fb in addition to her on-line jewelry. This time its a house.

She has a friend in Norway married to an ice cream seller (!?). He cycles around selling ice cream and she has a well paid job sending money home to her family. She wants to buy a house for her family not too from here. Depending on what she makes of the photos, she will buy the house. And she wants my lovely lady to do the conveyance. We have met the couple a while back. We will be going there on Sunday to take the pics. She will be paid expenses and stands to make 300k on the deal. Sounds good.....but why do I think that a can of worms will be opened? Oh....when I suggested she can use the 300k profit to start the business she wanted without a bank loan I got a strange look. If it all goes through, I hope she uses that money for business and not to buy some more gold jewelry. If she doesn't, she does not have a leg to stand on as far as borrowing money is concerned.

22 September 2016
This invitation coincided with the news that her uncle (a pastor) who lives at Iloilo has rice to sell. 5 sacks actually. Apparently, he cannot get a good price there and my lovely lady wants to have the rice sent here where she can get a better price. I was not aware of great price fluctuations of rice in the Philippines but even then, I am told rice can be stored indefinitely in which case it could be stored until better market conditions prevail. But as most things I do not understand, spawns a conspiracy theory. It is this.....

Last year, I mentioned on these exalted pages that this Uncle wanted to buy rice then being harvested to sell. My lovely lady wanted to help finance this and asked me for a 10k investment which I gave. He would buy the rice and profits would be shared. True to form, despite many enquiries to her, I never saw any return on the 10k investment. I vowed that he would not get another investment. But I have been half expecting another request now that the harvesting season is again under way. I suspect that I will be told that this 5 bags of rice is our share of last years investment.....and another 10k investment would be nice. But that is a conspiracy theory which I dream up every now and again

9 October 2016
Just a quick reminder please to fb friends. My lovely lady regularly goes into my phone and checks for messages and reads my fb page. Please exercise discretion when messaging on fb and pm me here instead.

12 October 2016
I was rather miffed the other night. Her family seems only to visit when they want something. Normally, she just hands over a small amount of cash. Or her uncle comes over wanting some e.juice, or has a problem with the e.cig. He does this for her father who rarely comes over because he owes me money I reckon. Anyway, uncle comes round and I thought it was something to do with e.cigs. It wasn't. He said he wanted two bottles of Red Horse. I was surprised at the cheek of it all. There was no "please may we have" etc.. Ok, a small amount of cash or food is ok....but my beer! Maybe I am being harsh or tight. Anyway, I gave him two bottles out of shock I guess but stated that would be the last time. Sadly, the word parasites are coming to mind. And that is definitely not right. The straw breaking the camels back....and all that.

28 October 2016
Nothing much to report here except the odd moan about scrounging...

I provide her father an allowance for his maintenance drugs at 3k pm. His prescriptive drugs comes to 2.3k pm and he collects them from the Pharmacy as and when required. My lovely lady settles up at the pharmacy once a month. I mentioned a little while ago that the bill keeps getting bigger and bigger. Last month it was 3.4k. This month it came to 4.3k. She was livid and I don't blame her. I think he and the family are taking the p**s out of us. So she was 1.3k out of pocket. I wouldn't be surprised if we are providing drugs not just for him but for all and sundry. Maybe he is collecting money for the drugs also. But that's my conspiracy theory mind working overtime. Anyway, she is going to refuse to pay their rent this month (1k)....well done her.

Her father wanted to borrow 1k from her the other day. It was to support her sister who is away from home at the moment and living it up at a 14 day festival. She is the one we both supported her 4 yr college course and now has a degree. She has not worked since her graduation in March. My lovely lady was livid with him and refused. Well done her again. I think he dare not ask me. He still owes me money. The sister has now come back home again and whiling her time with her I-phone.

Her father came around the other day which means he wants something. He keeps asking for e-cig supplies such as batteries, juice etc. Anyway, I had run out of parts so he acquired a cheap e-cig. But he "forgot" to buy juice. Yeah right. Luckily, I had some old e-juice which was given to me a few years ago. Coffee flavoured and nil nicotine. it is ghastly stuff. I hope he enjoys it.

Like most of you I'm sure....I am willing and pleased to help anyone. But when they try to take advantage then they no longer get sympathy from me.

14 November 2016
Getting fed up with pinay pouts now and I can see this not ending well.

Had a bad one the other day which started innocuously as they normally do but escalated quickly. She was in a bad mood (no idea why) and I suggested we take a walk to the each. She refused so I said I would go alone. She hates me going anywhere alone so it was a red flag to a bull. She then said that if I went, she would not be here when I get back. My red flag to a bull and off I went. And she wasn't. I went out later for a bite to eat by myself....cue another red flag and thought I would have a few ales whilst I am at it (another red flag). As you do when you are let out of a prison. Anyway, she sent her father looking for me on the beach and we had a few more beers. Bonding? Gets back and I could tell she was a tad upset because she was packing her clothes. This was confirmed by her sleeping in the next bedroom. All par for the course to be ignored. Change of profile pic on fb to that of a broken heart which is far better than the usual cut wrist, razor blade and blood. But something extraordinary happened. She was not there in the morning which is normal, but I found out on fb she checked into a private hospital 4 hours away. For a bad headache. She got the 3.00 am bus from here. Long story short now....Doctor found nothing wrong with her after an injection, head scan etc. Prescription was 10 Paracetamols at 130 peso each! Total bill was 3500 peso.

Had one yesterday also. I have a torn hamstring and walking is not pleasant. We have to take the long journey on Friday to renew my visa and do a bit of shopping which I am certainly not looking forward to. However, she wants us to go with friends the next day to visit Dumeguette visiting malls I guess. I said, I could not do that. Cue vigorous ironing which is a sure sign of impending pinay pout. ! hour later, she lay on the bed like a fallen angel saying she is too tired to go for our evening walk to the beach. No problem said I waving the now familiar red flag, I will limp alone. But she wasn't too tired to get on her bike to cycle to her mothers house whilst I was away. But that's the gist of it.

But I don't think this is normal pinay behavior. Maybe I am wrong. But, my patience is now wearing very thin

15 Novermber 2016
I am becoming more assertive now that crunch time is coming. That being my impending divorce which I am awaiting for through the post. She wants to get married after the divorce but I feel now is the time to assert myself before I propose. I can handle the pouts now although they are not nice but I have all the trump cards. She needs to understand that I am not a pet dog and sometimes I like to do what I want.

She hates me going out alone yet she will go out 2 or 3 times a day to her mothers house or whatever. I have no problem with her going out....it gets boring stuck inside the house. Sometimes when she is out for a while I will go out for a stroll along the beach via her mothers house. Then I get the 20,000 questions of why am I going for a walk alone. Maybe she thinks I am going to get drunk on the beach and go chasing other women! But then I get texts every 5 mins to make sure I am still alive or not chatting up another lady. Or whatever. This scenario led to another pout a couple of nights ago.

Her waddly sister asked her to go with her to watch a basket ball match the other evening. Lovely lady asked me to go also and I politely refused. I would prefer watching paint dry. So she said she would be a couple of hours or so and I said I might nip to the beach for a swift half. As you do. I knew that was like poking a wasps nest with a large stick and I was correct. Cue bulldogs face. Anyway, she told her sister she was not going and we sat in silence all evening and she slept in the other bedroom.

How do these pouts finish I hear you chorus? Simple. Ignore first and then when its time for a walk to the beach I always ask if she wants to come. This is ignored in silence initially, but once I get ready to go by myself, she comes with me. Then at a click of a switch, she is my lovely lady again as if nothing has happened. But she will not talk about it. Which is a shame.

16 November 2016
Theres a few comments about the characteristics of the Filipino/a. I tend to agree with whats been said but I will say what has NOT been said and I hope no offence is taken. It is a given fact that the average IQ of a Filipino/a is 86. Now, that is easily balanced by many other positive characteristics they have. We all know what they are. The theory behind the low IQ from what I have read is one word. Rice. Rice contains traces of poison (arsenic) which has an effect on the brain, amongst other things if eaten in large quantities. I will say no more on that.

Oh joy! Her father got wind of this and said he had no more e-juice and can I get him some. No money was proffered. I said I don't get the e-juice there any more because it has not been properly tested. Only 280 peso for 50 ml. I get mine from the UK now which is expensive and about 1200 peso including p + p. Plus 112 peso tax. He said he will pay that. We will see...but I bet he wont. If he doesn't then he will get no more until he does.
​​​​​​​And no mention of the 1500 peso he still owes me from a few months ago. I feel a Grrrrrrr coming on!

16 November 2016
Yes, you are right....very selfish attitude and if she doesn't get her own way then she adopts tampo mode. I have lost count of the number of times she is going back to Kuwait, packed her bags, locked herself in the bedroom and gone back to her mothers house. Fortunately, I am laid back and I let her rule the roost within boundaries. But she is learning. Went for a walk by myself this morning whilst she was visiting her parents house. Popped in, said good morning to her and them and I did not get the Gestapo treatment. I can say this though. I have never got angry with her and I don't want to. But patience and understanding is key. Sometimes that does wear thin.

18 November 2016
​​​​​​​I am told that most Filipinos are selfish and she is no exception to that rule. I have been very tolerant of this in the past but the time has come to bring about change. Hence the spate of Pinay Pouts recently. But she is learning thankfully.

She likes to have her own way and will try to manipulate me into a situation which I do not want. Wont give examples for brevity reasons but generally if she wants to do something or go somewhere and I say no, she engineers it so that I really have no choice. I am wise to that and watch out for it.

22 November 2016
Lovely lady has a "bestie" friend from School days who has a very likeable Canadian bf. They plus her kids and another couple (he is American...and a nice chappie also) plus their friends came to visit Sipalay and stayed at Nataasan Resort for a couple of nights and we visited them during the day. Was great. Us 3 men folk spent a lot of the time telling bawdy jokes and generally engaging in much mirth and merriment. As you do. Alcohol also flowed well.....watched carefully by my lovely lady. One of the subjects we chatted about was tampos on which I appear to be the resident expert for some reason. Now sadly, this got back to my lovely lady and it was construed as "talking behind her back". But Filipinas know all about talking about their spouses in the same way but the topics are normally....is he circumcised.....can he still climb the mountain....and comparing allowances. But this was a deadly crime. Cue pout on the way home. Followed by a face book comment.....and then telling the world she has a headache. I knew it was bad because she slept in the spare bedroom....and then defriended me from Fb. That's never happened before. Found a note next morning to say that she has gone to live with her family and someone will be along to collect her clothes etc. This was finished off with the fact that she is going to have me deported.

22 November 2016
​​​​​​​Sloth sister....the one who we put through college for 4 years to get an IT Degree and has not worked since graduation in March has just turned down a job at the local hotel here as a receptionist for 9k per month. Reason? Because they cannot guarantee she will be on the same shift as her sister in law. I give up with her. My lovely lady paid for her course for 3 years and I financed the final year. Her parents need help with money......

25 November 2016
Lovely lady goes to a pawn shop to have gold jewelry evaluated for a customer but was damaged during evaluation by the gold being scraped. Hardly noticeable to me. It was spotted by another pawn shop whilst having a second evaluation. Complains to the original pawnshop who accepted responsibility and apologized but cannot offer compensation. Customer no longer wants the damaged jewelry and wants a refund of the cost which is 15,750 peso. I now have one very upset girl friend and cannot pay the 15,750 peso. I came to her rescue and sorted that problem out but now I am out of pocket and we have the damaged jewelry in our possession.

I am told that the necklass is solid 6.5 gram 21 carat gold. But the barely discernible scratch has revealed some sort of metal underneath. I have doubts that it is solid gold ....maybe I am wrong. My lovely lady thinks I am.

When I suggested to her that we just pawn the item for 11k, her face fell. I had the impression she wants to keep the damaged jewelry. But for what purpose? But she wont...I want some of my money back. But I may be wrong on her reaction.

30 November 2016
Now for something I found strange/interesting. I mentioned that the damage to the gold necklace was hardly noticeable unless you searched for it. She has found a friend who knows someone who could repair the jewelry. Cost? About 50 peso! She wants it repaired so she can sell it for a further profit. I am not sure it will be easy to sell. But I will give her time...say two months and then come after my money.

It was valued at two difference pawn shops. One for 11k and one for 8k. So I am told. They seem to evaluate the value by weight, and hall mark. Plus the use of a magnet. But I am surprised that she reckons it will only cost 50 peso to repair the damage to an expensive piece of jewelry. Something does not seem to add up to me. But that's my mind working conspiracy theories again. Also, she has not yet made moves to have it repaired yet. Knowing her, it would have been in the hands of the repairer by now. But we shall see how this whole episode unfolds.

30 November 2016
The shoe business....she is trying to get a business loan to rent a shop and stock a small number of shoes as an example of what she can supply. She wants to also stock other items and the total investment would be about 300k from the last I heard. To obtain a business loan it appears that a requirement is that she needs to own a credit card. We have been trying for the credit card for the past couple months and jumping through the usual hurdles and red tape. It is a slow progress. Once she has a credit card, she can apply for a loan.

11 December 2016
She still has not got that gold necklass fixed. Lame excuses I feel, but I may be wrong. Need to recoup some of that 15,750 peso. But it has saved a bit of money for me already. She saw a gold necklass for Xmas present....about 12k I think. Yes....she has expensive tastes. But I reminded her that I had forked out already and didn't quite have the readies for anything that expensive. So she had to make do with something a bit cheaper. Saved me 4k so far. Will save a bundle on an engagement ring if she doesn't get that necklass fixed soon.

Had a further 2 calls since I have been tapping away at this. The usual 50,000 questions. Bless her.

14 December 2016
I mentioned that I thought I saved about 4k on my lovely ladies Xmas present this year. She still hasn't got that necklace fixed btw....waiting for the repairer. Apparently. Anyway, the Xmas present was to cost 8k but just been informed that because its bespoke, it will be an extra 1465 peso. Nothing was mentioned about that when we ordered it. Ok, its only 1465 peso but its the principle that counts. I wonder if she knew this....she says its the first bespoke item she has bought. Lesson learnt for next time. Oh, and instead of having two nights in a hotel over Xmas, it shall only be one now. I am sure she will understand... :-)

Her father paid me 1k for the e-juice the other day which surprised me actually. The cost was 1.4k actually and he said he would pay the balance next day. Think he meets next year. So, my cunning plan to save 300 peso for bottles of e-juice has gone astray. Will just add that to the bill for next time he wants some. As I have said before....money is not the issue. Its the principle.

Reminds me when her waddly sister was desperate for a 2k loan before the Presidential elections here. I took pity on her plight as you do and she promised it will be repaid after the election. Silly me....I forgot to ask which election. The one a few months ago or the next one in a few years time. Don't like being mislead or lied to.

Lovely lady went out the other night with her two sisters. Waddly and Sloth. To do some shopping. I took the advantage of putting on a DVD to watch which is a bit of a rare treat. She does not like my dvds. Plus a beer....or two. She comes back and sees me enjoying my DVD plus cold beer and I could see disapproval in her face. I asked if she wanted to watch her favourite soap but legged it into the bedroom to watch it there. I knew then she was not enamored with me, my dvd and beer. So, I had another one....as you do. She came out an hour or so later and sarcastically made a comment about *still drinking*.....and not happy. So she went to bed. No problem....I had another couple of cold ones and watched another DVD. She was ok in the morning....I was expecting the dreaded Pinay Pout. Guess she has learnt now that I am not under her thumb

15 December 2016
It is the start of Xmas festivities here and no doubt she will want to go to a few of them. I am not particularly interested so she will go with her sisters. Which leaves her in a quandary. She hates leaving me alone because she thinks I will get up to no good. Like having a couple of beers for instance on the beach. Now, she used to have duplicate keys for the gate and house but mysteriously "lost" them a few days ago

which means she takes the originals and I am effectively stuck here. But now I retain the keys after letting her out of the gate. She doesn't like that and has questioned that but she knows I can escape. Which I am now doing. Personally, I think its good that we are not in each others pockets all the time. She hates me going out alone. Sadly.

15 December 2016
Just come back from the beach btw after a few swift halfs. Messaged my lovely lady to say I am off to the beach whilst she enjoys the basketball with waddly and sloth and she joined me 10 mins later. She said she wanted to watch the talent contest after the basketball. No problem for me. I said I would stay on the beach and watch the live band. She is now at home guarding me.......

20 December 2016
Jewelry not been sent for repair yet. Perhaps she is thinking I might forget about it. I wont.

Old Jan 26th 2020, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Presenting another near perfect year, in which the 'culture' didn't cause any problems and your LL protected you

16 January 2016
So it appears I am being scalped twice by this hairdresser. But to be fair to him, he never asked for 350 peso...I just asked my gf what I should pay on my first haircut when I arrived and that was the price she suggested which I paid. He is a family friend and I now think I am paying 350 peso for all her family to have their hair cut. But this will end.
The festive season is over and we had a minor disagreement about going shopping. Long story...boring. This somehow led to her packing all her belongings at midnight into black plastic bags and called for her father to take her to the family house.
99.9% of the time she is a very loving and caring lady. But the .1% is what concerns me more.

21 January 2016
Think gf tried to pull a fast one yesterday. I have a notepad which contains various things and one is a list of debtors. I noticed one had been deleted for 3K for one of her friends I never delete but make a new entry and tackled her about this. She tried to explain it had been paid but I proved otherwise. Now 3k is a fiddling amount of money but again its the principal. A similar thing happened last month when she wanted a 2k advance of allowance and then later claimed she paid it back. I was 99.9% convinced she didn't and gave her that tiniest piece of doubt. I thought losing 2k was better than a Pinay pout! But not anymore.

1 February 2016
On a more serious note. I do not normally check what money I have in my wallet but about 6 weeks ago I think I lost 1k. Well, 90% sure I did. Mentioned it to her and said maybe it dropped out and she said she lost 1k also. She was wanting to borrow 2k the previous day. Anyway, I decided to write a note how much was in my wallet each day and this morning found I was 500 peso short. Mentioned it to her so she now knows that I keep an eye on such things. I seriously hope I am wrong...maybe she "borrowed" 500 peso and didn't want to say. Or I miscounted. I don't know. Ok, it is not a lot but it certainly puts an unwanted question mark over trust. I shall keep vigilant....

12 February 2016
I mentioned that my hairdresser who I pay 350 peso for a 20 minute snip owes 2k. I was going to insist that he repays the loan before I get another snip from him. My lovely lady beat me to that. She reminded me that I needed my haircut and suggested we go to the local barber. He only charges 50 peso she said. So I guess that's one way to tell me that I wont be seeing the 2k. She has another two friends who owe a long standing total of 8k. I shall try to recoup that later. Although I have good reason to believe that the 8k I gave to her did not go to her friends

16 February 2016
The two debts I related to in my last post: Both of them are her friends and normally we have to dash to Palawan or whatever to send the money to her friends. This never happened on these two occasions. One is a wealthy (just bought a house) on line seller who wanted 3k. That never made sense to me. 30k maybe. She came here about 10 weeks ago and I said I would ask about repayment. Gf then gave a convoluted story which went over my head and said she would pay instead but I must not mention the debt to her. That just confirmed my suspicions. Second one was to an OFW for 5k. Lent before to her and got timely repayment. She initially wanted 15k over 3 months. I said no. Later it was 5k but again, no visit to Palawan to send the money. She earns 18k pm in Kuwait so why would she want a loan? So again, suspicions had been aroused. That was about 3 months ago. I shall go about retrieving some of the money at the end of the month when I give her allowance.

5 April 2016
Had what I thought was a cheeky request from my gf. She has a personal allowance of 8k per month. Most of that is gone with payment of advance, monthly tv repayments on another tv we do not need, rent for her parents.... etc. She asked for another 1k per month. This was to pay her mother for doing our washing.

Her birthday is next week and asked what she wanted. She saw on-line jewelry for 18k. I said it was too much and 12k is about what I can afford. She then spotted something for 15k. I compromised.

​​​​​​​Big party tomorrow celebrating birthdays and things. Gf appears to be paying for everything. But, she is owed 10k from a customer who will pay next week and asked for a 10k loan to be repaid when the customer repays. I don't have a spare 10k laying about, so gave her the 9750 peso quarterly payment for her pension which is due this month. Told her to use that and she can pay for her pension out of the money owed when it is paid. Not my problem anymore.

16 April 2016
I assume my lovely lady paid for it all. Or did she? I gave her nearly 10k for her quarterly private pension but she has not paid that in and due next week. She used it to pay for the celebrations because the money she was expecting to receive from a customer did not materialize.
-----------------
Had a straight talk yesterday. Yes...about money. Her father wanted to borrow 2k from me a week or so ago. My lovely lady lent him the money instead. Then he wanted another 1.5k for valid reasons (I think) so he was referred to me. I lent him the money with the promise that he will pay back yesterday. He did. He already owed 1.5k from a few months ago and my lovely lady asked him to come back with the total 3k owing to me and her 2k. Ok....he came back with only 4k still owing me 1k. 2k of that was for my gf which as I said she had lent to him. We had a beer together to celebrate the repayment and then just as he left.....he said my gf sister needed 2k urgently. She is the one living next door foc of rent etc and still owes me 5k from about 6 months ago. Without going into detail, I knew she wanted help with a problem but I was annoyed. I receive the owed money in one hand....and out it goes to her sister in the other hand. I made it clear that I wanted the 2k repaid next week and the 5k after the election. Told her father that the remaining 1k was to be paid next week. The brick walls appeared to agree. Resulted in gf with a long face and a headache.

17 April 2016
This episode just reminds me of the occasion a couple of months ago when we visited her families house and her father invited me in for a couple of beers. His brother pitched up later and took two beers from me to make up for those which I had drunk. All smoke and mirrors.... It felt insulting. As it did the other night.

19 April 2016
Looks like I have been out-maneuvered again. I mentioned a few pages ago that I was wanted to be a sponsor at a wedding. At first I agreed, then a couple of hours later I explained to my lovely lady I had to decline. The reason being, I did not know these people and to my mind it was an excuse by the couple to get my money....rather than any personal interest in me. This resulted in a pinay pout. However, she said it was too late because it was already printed on the invitations(?) that I was a sponsor. I didn't believe that. Also, she said she was initially nominated but because she was too young (?) compared to the couple, I was next in line. I thought this was all a load of b......s and told her so. Yesterday, she told me the wedding was next week....and I was still a sponsor. So, there you go....no escape at such short notice. But I have told her that in future I will not sponsor anything unless I know the people concerned. Guess its closing the gate after the horse has bolted. Again.

Her uncle is away on "holiday" at the moment and normally lives with her father and family. He has never had a job and is the "goffer" for the family. He is a very lovely man and I sometimes help him out with cigarettes and medicine

Ps....nearly forgot. Went to the freezer compartment in the fridge yesterday and found that half the contents appear to be missing.

23 April 2016
Gf sister who I lent a further 2k has been avoiding me like the plague. She normally comes waltzing into our house (or should I say waddling) 2 or 3 times a day but since I had strong words with her about paying back....she has kept well clear. And no payback.

Gf has not paid the money I gave her for her pension. As I previously posted, I suspect she used that to pay for the quadruple celebrations we had. She is waiting for a customer to pay for jewelry which is now well overdue to pay for her pension. The pension payment is due on 25th. Just waiting for her to ask for a loan to cover it. I mentioned that she had money with her supplier who is holding her profits for jewelry she wants. Disappointed to see that jewelry came two days ago. Guess that can be pawned to
pay for her pension.....

27 April 2016
She has not paid for her pension with the money I gave her and its now overdue. She has not received outstanding money owed from a client with which she was going to pay the 9775 peso premium. Just waiting for her to ask for a loan. It will not be forthcoming.

This, plus the fact that since I have been here I have been overspending on her and her family plus unpaid loans prompted me to tell her this evening that I need to cut back and no more extra spending or loans will be given from now on. She seemed rather surprised by this and apart from asking the reason why....offered no further comment. I have finally put my foot down and the stage is set.

29 April 2016
​​​​​​​I am not too concerned about her pension premium which is now overdue. She had the money, but spent it elsewhere. That's her problem....not mine. I suspect she will pawn something. Probably her expensive birthday present if she wants me to feel bad. But it wont.

As I said, I am overspending since my arrival here. I have a few years of bank reserves left but the trend cannot continue.

Yes, as far as I am concerned it is a long term relationship. Hence her pension arrangements. She wants to marry and wants children. Not surprising from a 34 year old pinay.

30 April 2016
As far as money goes, I am in a nice position now....I think. If anyone wants money, I can now say I have none to spare. But of course if her sister repays the 7k and her OFW friend in Kuwait repays the 5k she has been owing for a while then maybe I might have some spare. But I doubt if her sister will repay that, and as I mentioned a few pages back, I never saw any evidence of the 5k going to the OFW. I believe my lovely lady pocketed that.
---------------
She got a call this afternoon from her mother and her father came around. Before he got to the house, I saw her give him at least 1k. That's another loan she has fielded for me. He daren't ask me and did not even say good day. Got his money and went.

This evening we went to the beach for our daily walk and I had the usual couple of beers and she had something light to eat. I always pay for that. Her two sisters pitched up....had a bite to eat and a couple of drinks then legged it.

1 May 2016
I have spent about 90k in the last year putting their daughter through the last year of college from which she graduated last month. My lovely lady gives them 2.5k per month to pay their rent from her allowance (8k) I give them 3k per month for prescriptive medicines.

18 May 2016
Had a couple of hints for money. Her father broke the glass on his phone and wanted a new one. Her sister who owes me 7k wanted to attend a function a couple of hours away and couldn't afford the 180 peso return fare.

GF has still not paid the premium for her pension. I gave her 10k for that. Instead she has been buying gold jewelry for herself out of her profits. Last week it was about 6k I think and last night received jewelry for about 10k. I asked whats happening about the premium and it was like lighting the blue touch paper. She was going to pawn two items of jewelry to pay for it but for various reasons failed to do so. I said she may find the Pension Plan cancelled through non-payment which sadly resulted in a Pinay Pout and she will go back to Kuwait to earn better money.

19 May 2016
The pension thing is not quite over yet. The Philam rep will be contacting her that the policy will lapse on the 25th May if no payment is forthcoming. I told the rep to deal with her personally. I have washed my hands of the whole thing. We shall see what the outcome of that is. The whole episode is a big disappointment. She wanted a pension....so I got her one. Ok, I appear to have wasted nearly 20k, but the upside is....I am now saving nearly 10k per quarter. She has been told that her future pension will consist of pawning her beloved jewelry. Her problem. Not mine
--------------------
She now understands that I do not respond to threats. During the pinay pout she got out all her Kuwait docs incl passport, etc. Posted something on fb about going to Japan which has advertised jobs at 66k per month. The episode lasted that evening and most of next day. I just got on with life.

24 May 2016
Yesterday, I thought today I would be writing my final post

Two nights ago, my lovely lady had another Pinay Pout ..... I had no idea why. That evening she put a lovely post on her fb about us going to Maldives for honeymoon. This as expected prompted lots of great comments etc. She was her normal happy self. Later she had gone into a Pout for no discernible reason. I asked what was up...as usual, no reply. Yesterday morning, Pout was still there so I just ignored it.....as you do. Later that morning, she announced solemnly that she was going to go to Bacolod tomorrow (today) to prepare to go back to Kuwait. She said (tearfully) that she needs to go back and earn money for herself. Told her that if she goes, then I will get her father to remove her possessions from my house. More tears.

Later in the early afternoon, she said she was going to go to Bacolod that afternoon. I told her to go....I was off to the beach for lunch and a few beers. I said goodbye....then more tears. Long story now short....She accompanied me to the beach and spent an hour or so there. She told me she was frightened of the future with no money. Now, I think this all came about because her pension advisor contacted her to tell her she will lose her pension if she does not pay the premium by the 25th of this month. I reassured her (again) that I promised to take care of her whilst she was with me. So....after her mini drama. All is well again. She is back to her happy self. But the premium remains unpaid.

25 May 2016
Yes indeed...it is me paying her allowance and therefore my money paying the rent. Her 8k personal allowance is now spent thus: 3k rent, 3k for a second tv and 2k for her expensive mobile phone. Her choice. She also gets 25k for rent and food etc.​​​​​​​

Finally, I have not mentioned this before. A few weeks ago during the pension payment drama, I noticed my lovely lady chatting on her phone. Not unusual...she is forever chatting in her spare time. Difficult to understand the conversation as its always in Illongo and text speak. But I picked up on this. It was to an ex-OFW in Bacolod where she needs to go to prepare to work overseas. She replied to her friend...25/26th. Her friend mentioned a local hotel costing 1.4k per night and "its home from home" My mind worked overtime on that. Maybe I am putting 2 and 2 together making 5. 25th of each month is when she gets her household and personal allowance. One reason why I thought it odd that she was going to leave a few days ago without her allowance.

26 May 2016
It is true, she needs patient understanding....but my patience tank is now very low after the episode of the last few weeks. I can forgive...but never forget what happened. It will take time to get over that mini drama which shook my confidence in her. I hope I am given that time. Can I live with such a woman with these faults? The answer most probably is no as it stands. But over the last year or so, she has made many changes to accommodate my wishes. I never demand and only once I laid the law down. I m

27 May 2016
The money and ATM issue can never wear me down now. I have told them that money is getting tight and if any loans or money is required, It will have to come from her sister and gf OFW friend who owe me a total of 12k. Once that is freed up....I will consider further loans very carefully. The ball is no longer in my court.

6 June 2016
She mentioned today that she will pay her pension premium tomorrow when we go to Bacolod at the Philam office. She is picking up about 80k in payments from an on-line client from the UK who is here for a few days. No idea what her profits are, but she will pay from that. We shall see.

8 June 2016
The pension premium still has not been paid....but will be tomorrow. I wont go into the long confusing story that makes no sense, but she pawned some jewelry this morning to pay for it.

She has no logic which is exasperating. She receives and pays money 2 or 3 times a day at Palawan etc. She can wait up to about 30 mins each time she goes there. I suggested that she should go once per day and conduct all the transactions at once. She made a good impression of a brick wall. Once she gets notification of a payment, she is off like a rocket. When I first arrived here, I suggested walks during the day. No way....it was far too hot. But not hot enough to collect moneyso it seems

12 June 2016
My lovely lady paid her pension premiums the other day. Another round to me....but there always appears to be the "ding ding" of another round later.

19 June 2016
Her father and brother used to pop by most evenings with a "I want Red Horse" look about them. That rarely happens anymore, especially when I was invited into their house for a couple of beers a while back and then he sent his brother round here to take two bottles back from me. Now if he comes round, he has the familiar "I want something" on his face. Normally its something to do with the E.cig he has. Gosh....that was a terrible mistake getting him that for Xmas.

Normally he wants e.liquid. I reckon he drinks the stuff the way he gets through it. The other night he needed a part for his e.cig (cartomiser) which I didn't have and told him he can get them for about 100 peso from memory. But from Bacolod a 7 hr return journey. He has two sons working there so its not a great problem. Popped round the other night and said they were in fact 300 peso each and how can he afford that. He wanted to buy one like mine also and the cost was just over 2k. And how can he afford that also. I just smiled sweetly and thought to myself .....from the same place he found the money to build two fish ponds ,,,,buy Cignal TV, new I-phone and a family trip to Cebu.

23 June 2016
She is having a pout at the moment. Yep...normality is back. She mentioned yesterday that I needed a haircut. I said maybe next week. She likes regimentally short hair which I don't. Its not long anyway. Went out for our walk this morning and she said I need a haircut. My reply was the same as before. Walks past a barbers shop and she asks for a vacancy...which there was. Again, I told her no...maybe next week. Cue full blown Pinay Pout. So...no breakfast for me this morning then. I really don't like being told what to do. I am not a dog. Would you or I tell your lovely lady that she needs her hair cut or dyed...or whatever? Of course not

4 July 2016
But saying all that she has mooted the idea of having a jewelry shop here. She already has a successful on-line shop. However, when I asked where she would get the capital to pay for stock, I just got a blank look. Maybe she has not thought of that.....or maybe she has. She also wants a rice store here. She has not asked me for capital for that, but if she does I shall remind her that I gave her and her pastor uncle 10k last year to invest in rice. I have seen no returns from that.

6 July 2016
yes, I do sometimes think..... is it all worth it? There are times even now when I sometimes question my sanity, or the will to live. Initially, I was going to visit the Philippines and have a look around at places such as Cebu, Davao and Bohol. Plus others. Looking for a relationship was on the agenda to be honest, but I would have preferred to have settled in somewhere first and then to take my pick of what was available.
​​​​​​​
Her parents house for which she/we pay 3k pm rent has problems also with the rain and water is coming down the walls. It was the same last year. The owner said he will bear half the cost of repairs, which my lovely lady refused. No idea what she wants me to do about it. Well I do actually. But my thoughts are...Oh dear, how sad. Never mind.

7 July 2016
Her father is now pressurizing her to do something about their house. Also the waste tank is blocked and needs emptying. He reckons it will cost 1500 peso to empty. Funny that....it only cost me 300 peso to empty ours. This annoys me. He is the head of the family and should deal with it himself....not pressure my gf. He claims he has no money. Not our fault....we already pay 6k for rent and medicine. He has a daughter who has been out of college for nearly 4 months now and spends all day on fb. She cannot find a job that befits her degree. Then she should take another lower paid job here to help out. They look after kids belonging to distant relatives....get more upkeep from them. Do not use their motor tricycle for the 5 minute walk here....or the 10 minute walk to the market. That will save money. It must be used about a dozen times a day for trundling about. Seems they want everything on a plate.

8 July 2016
I have no great desire to go back to the UK yet for a visit, although I do miss my sons a lot. When I do decide to go back which will be after divorce etc, I shall ask her to come with me. But I wont insist she comes. But it should be interesting because I believe she still thinks I want to go back to my estranged wife. The last time she thought I went anywhere near her was when I in the Uk and was met with a fb reaction from her. Her profile pic changed to a graphic photo of a cut wrist c/w blood and a razor blade. She threatened self harm but that's a story for another time. Happened 3 times....and only once here.

17 July 2016
Waddling sister is having her house modernized. She has just come into a bit of money I believe and over the weekend has had the back removed and in its place will be another wall with a door leading to an outside kitchen. 2 guys started yesterday and they are hard at it. I see some cement has arrived, so no idea of the cost. Maybe she has forgotten the 7k she owes me. Slightly disappointing to say the least. Maybe I should get over myself. But I will be watching to see how much rent my gf pays this month. Just in case some has been deducted for "repairs". I certainly wont be paying for it.

Her father borrowed 500 peso a few weeks ago. Payable in one week. Ok, its a fiddling amount but I am not amused when they renege on the deal without explanation. He wanted another 1k last week to send his daughter for job interview. I was going to say no, but he asked for it the night before interview. I lent him the 1k not wanting to be blamed for a missed interview. Yes, they certainly know how to work me for money. My gf had no money (really?....plenty of gold to pawn). I told him and her I need it back by the 25th otherwise I will be short for a couple of bills. If I don't get it back, I will tell them both....he can keep the money....but never ask me for money again.

28 July 2016
Waddly sisters improvements to the house is now finished. Her roof is now fixed and she has a new kitchen which has been built as an extension. But, illogically, (a common word I use now), the front door still does not have a lock. It is secured by a piece of string. I think this has been paid out of the rent to the Landlord. I think out of the 10k rent, my lovely lady only paid 7.8k. If this is true, it was never discussed with me by the two sisters. But I suppose if the land lady approved, then its got nothing to do with me. But I don't like the secrecy.

28 July 2016
But I might have discovered something disturbing. Let me explain...

She pays the rent immediately after receiving her allowance which is the 26th of each month. The rent is due on the 11th of each month. I always had the idea that the rent was 15 days overdue....rather than the landlady wanting it early. Maybe I am wrong...but that's by the by.

So, she gets her allowance and we went to Palawan, I assumed to pay the rent. But normally once we get back home she messages the landlady to say it has been paid. This did not happen. Quickly looked at the receipt and saw it was for 7.2k. I assumed it was the rent minus deductions for waddly sisters house improvements and posted as such this morning. Checked again later and found it was for a payment to her dealer. I asked her if she had paid the rent and she said yes. I asked for the receipt as I was now collating all receipts and she could not find it. I searched where she normally places all the receipts from Palawan and nothing could be found. She was adamant she paid it and had a message this morning confirming payment which I never saw. The receipt therefore was lost. Really?

Now, I have collated all receipts but never rent receipts until earlier this month. When I rescued the receipts from a cupboard where she stores all her receipts for payment etc for her on line business, I noticed a few was missing from last year. I assumed they got lost somewhere and wasn't too concerned. I did notice a double payment last year which would account for one receipt. But, this year there is a missing payment for last month (June) also.

Soooo....there you have it. No receipts for rent for the past two months. Have they been lost...or rent not paid. That is the question. We shall see

2 August 2016
Had another look for the 2 missing rent receipts to no avail. However, I found something intriguing. Found a payment voucher for 10k to a Filipina friend of hers in April. About the time when she was unable to pay her pension premium with the 10k I gave her and the quadruple birthday celebrations she paid for. Rent had been paid. Intriguing because she never gives out loans....so I have no idea what that is. This friend has an American bf in the US, and she has been dropping hints to my lovely lady that she wanted a 35k loan (convoluted story). But, I have to assume its her money from her business which she can use as she pleases. But I might just ask her later on when the subject of her Filipina friend comes up.

3 August 2016
MikeNZ. Yes, she has the head, determination and business acumen to run a business. It keeps her busy and makes money for her. Shame its appears to be ploughed back into gold. But hats off to her. She has a few customers who are now her agents.....so the market is expanding from just her fb friends.

Still wondering about the rent.....I am sure there is an innocent answer. But we will see later this month.

4 August 2016
Money. We all like to help out where possible...in fact I am pleased to do so. But I have now got to the stage where I think they are taking the p..s. I asked her father to get the loan of 1.5k repaid by a certain date. It didn't happen as he promised. I had to draw extra funds from the UK which cost me money. The money is not the issue....but the principle. Yes...I know its their culture. I have waddly woman living next door who is using my electricity, water, internet etc living rent free and still owes 7k without any hint of repayment. She comes in here to borrow the iron...which is never returned. Chairs for her new kitchen/dining area which are never returned. She bought her own table btw. Marches in here to use our fridge where she stores everything. It would be nice to hear a thank you from her....or to leave a crate of beer outside every month as a thank you. Or even bake a cake or something. We had our internet changed to LTE last night which requires a new password. She just waddled in, asked my lovely lady for the new password and waddled out again. No thank you forthcoming...

5 August 2016
I think the 10k my gf gave to her friend was not a loan but she has bought something from her.....probably gold jewelry which her American bf bought her. That would go some way towards the money she needs. Makes more sense.

8 August 2016
As far as waddly sister goes, I am beginning to resent her if I am honest with my self. If she showed a bit of gratitude for what I have done and doing for her then all would be ok. She has a parsimonious attitude on fb, loves adding religious posters and her selfies make me smile. She is a little overweight and has a bad complexion. But her pics are doctored to show a slim lady with great complexion. False. Maybe her bf I mentioned about last week met her on fb and was aghast to see this waddly thing meet him. Never seen him again. She was also the one who abandoned her son worm boy on the beach when he was a baby. She felt an earth tremor and ran home in terror leaving him on the beach.

14 August 2016
Her family has moved. Despite paying for roof repairs, their loo is now blocked. I was told that someone found a new place (sadly closer to our place) and the rent is cheaper at 2k instead of 3k. The house is smaller than the one they have left....but the toilet appears ok. Next door to the local Brgy Arena so they can enjoy all the fun and festivities in their bedroom at silly o'clock in the morning. But my gf saves 1k per month on rent. I say no more.

Nearly forgot. The landlord wanted 3 months advance rent. So she wanted a 6k advance on her allowance to pay for it. I suggested she pawned some jewelry but that was no good. She would have to pay 3% interest which is 180 peso. No problem...I will just draw from the UK which cost me 300 peso (£ equiv)

But, as I said previously. No more loans now unless in dire medical emergency until waddly woman repays the 7k. And only then requests will be considered.

17 August 2016
Now heres another thing I learnt this morning. Again...more business acumen from my lovely lady. If someone wants something on layaway using the same example of 10k value and 14k layaway. She will pay her supplier up front (10k) and keep the layaway money herself. So she gets 14k for something valued 10k for which she probably paid 8k. Yes, there are risks but so far no problem. The buyer deposits 40% as downpayment and the rest is on layaway. But....I wonder this. Where did she get the capital from to pay in full? I shall be watching the rent money in about a weeks time. She says she does not always do this, but only when she has the money floating about.

And heres more. We went looking at places today for her to rent as a shop. She thinks there is a market for good quality imported shoes. Nearest place to buy good quality shoes is about 4 hrs drive away. She will stock with examples only from her on-line supplier who can supply within 24 hours. Also will sell other items such as cheap jewelry, bathroom cosmetics and rice. Obviously will also advertise her on-line jewelry. Her sister in law will run the shop. She is scratching around for a business loan at the moment and suffice to say....my signature will not be involved. Or my money....or what is left after I have been shafted by my estranged wife.

19 August 2016
Business loan not going well. Got through to the bank after 3 days of trying and was told she needs collateral or a guarantor. No collateral but she said I could be the guarantor. Its a business loan of 500,000 peso payable (quickly working out) at about 14k per month over 3 years. She said she would employ maybe 2 of her family. I have heard this story before. I said no. I couldn't guarantee anything at the moment. Enter one pout.... Think I am having enough of this.

20 August 2016
We reckoned on having to make approx. 1100 peso per day to break even. But this is with one employee initially at 5000 peso per month rent. This includes electricity and water. No idea what the permit etc costs but it would come out of the initial start up fund. She makes a profit of 1500 peso on each pair of shoes. So far she has sold a few on-line. The shop would also be a focal point of her on-line jewelry....so there are profits there also. She would obviously be "hands on" whereas my role would be giving sage advice whilst sitting on the balcony having a cold beer. Yes, I agree that unsold designer shoes would be problem with no sale or return policy. But they could be loss leaders for the jewelry if they start collecting dust. There are very few rice outlets here and she could compete pricewise....she has an uncle (one of 100's it seems) who could supply at very competitive rates. Yes, I have full confidence in her business acumen, but trust has to be 100%.

26 August 2016
But what gets my goat is that its the waddly sister who avails herself to whats on offer when we are on the beach. She owes me 7k...lives rent free plus all amenities. If it was anyone else, it would be no problem. Next time she comes I think I will take the shirt off my back and let her have that as well! Yes...she gets up my nose. But I intend to change her free rent etc lark soon after my financial situation is sorted.

27 August 2016
I have no intention of turfing her out, but if we stay here she will pay rent etc. In the more likely event of us having to move, I will make sure she will not be coming with us. Yes, the loan is a lost cause. She most certainly will not get another one and as I have said previously, I will tell the family no more loans because I have no spare cash..... Once she repays, then I will have spare cash to loan out. That then puts the onus on her to repay if her family wants loans.
----------------
Nearly forgot. My lovely lady has 2 expensive phones...but never any load. She uses my phone for that but I have stopped buying load. So she uses the house phone which was free when we got the internet. Just got a bill for nearly 900 peso for 2 months use. This morning whilst she popped out I performed a little operation on the house phone. She now needs to pay for load.

30 August 2016
She has asked again for me to be a guarantor for a bank loan. This time for 300k. I gave a non-committal response. But if she presses, it will be a no. This is her cunning plan which has no economic foundation.

5 September 2016
Interestingly and maybe a coincidence, her mother has stopped doing our washing for the past 2 weeks. My lovely lady pays her 1k per month to do. But we still pay their rent and medicine at 5k per month. I would have thought with that financial assistance (not forgetting waddly woman of course who lives rent free etc....and owes 7k and her father owes 1.5k) her family would at least help my lovely lady out with the washing. I do find it annoying. All take...and no giving.

Which reminds me. My lovely ladies father has maintenance medicine for BP and Cholesterol and it costs just over 2k per month. I provide that through my lovely ladies allowance but I give 3k instead of 2k. I assumed she would just hand over the 2k+ on production of the receipt. But instead there is some sort of credit arrangement at the Glades Pharmacy where I thought her father just saunters in and obtains his drugs. But her family seems to have taken advantage of our generosity and takes whatever is needed and my lovely lady just picks up the tab. The tab has been rising over the last few months and she got a bill for 3.5k on her last visit. Although she said nothing to me when she saw the bill but her face said everything. I think they are taking advantage of us. Not for the first time.

6 September 2016
Her brothers 3 year old son is here being minded by sloth girl (explain later). He has a fever and is off school. But he is running around terrorizing our rabbits that have free reign of the grounds. Waddly sister also has a fever which I found out about on fb. It is full of copious pictures of her laying in bed (her face looking thinner and devoid of spots by the magic of photo editing). Also lots of posts about how she trusts in the Lord to get her through this life threatening crisis. Meanwhile, sloth girl is in our hammock with thumbs going ten to the dozen on her I-phone. Sloth girl is the name I have bestowed upon her youngest sister. She went to college to get a degree and was financed by my lovely lady. I financed her last year at college to the tune of about 90k including living expenses. Never had a job bar a few days since end of March. Cannot cook, wash and does little around her parents house. I have never seen her in a hurry or run anywhere. She has the speed and mentality of a sloth. Content to post on fb about searching for love and lurking around malls when pretending to be looking for a job. The malls she visits are about 10-12 hr return bus ride away and where all her college mates are. This financed by her father. My lovely lady feels cheated and so do I. She is angry with her and I don't blame her although she says little about it to me and I have never seen angry words exchanged. Only on one occasion have I seen angry words exchanged in the family which I find odd as I know tensions exist.

Lovely lady was up at the crack of sparrows this morning doing the washing. This is sad. The way we have supported her lot and gets nothing in return. Yesterday, she bought a weeks supply of goodies for the 3 yr old son of her brother to take to school. She has done this every week bless her. The family come around and pick up the bag full of food, stay for 5 minutes and then leg it. I see no sign of gratitude. The boys father comes home once a month for a weekend with his money. Judging by what I see when he has gone back, a lot of that money is spent on Emperador and Red Horse.

I just wonder if I have dysfunctional family here. Or maybe its normal?

6 September 2016
Why? Simple. That was the only way she could finish her last year in college unless her sister went back to Kuwait to earn money. If I did not help, or she did not go back to Kuwait.....how would my position here look if she failed to complete her course? Untenable

Thanks Gazza. It was 30k up front fees and then 5k pm food and accommodation.

The only time my finances have become tenuous is now because my estranged wife has put in a financial order against me which I am fighting against. Prior to that everything was ok.

All the other siblings fend for themselves (except waddly sister sadly). This other sister was a dependant unlike the others who have a job.

The two previous commentators have not answered my question. What should I have done not to make my position untenable? Mike1 has been forecasting gloom and doom since this story began and thus far has been wrong. Maybe he will be right one day. We will see,

7 September 2016
To answer the question you posed: The younger sister was supported wholly for the first 3 years in college by my lovely lady who was working as an OFW in Kuwait. When she came back to the Philippines she had one year left on her course. Her employers in Kuwait wanted her back and indeed still do now. She was part of the family there and was to all intents and purposes the "mother" of their 9 month boy. She misses her Kuwait family and indeed her "son". She was providing for her family here also. However, she was also 33 and had the urge to settle down and start her own family life. She could have gone back to Kuwait....or stayed with me.

10 September 2016
Slightly miffed yesterday. Her brother came over and she gave him our Xmas tree plus all decorations to adorn her families house. Perhaps I am being petty but as it was me that paid for it all, perhaps I should have been consulted. Mushroom scenario again. They have their own decorations which are quite good. Her reasoning was that they were broken. Yeah....she expects muggings here to buy new ones this year. I think she will be slightly disappointed when she finds her parents house has better decorations than ours this year. But I suspect this is a sop to her parents to try and get their relationship on an even keel. I could be wrong of course.

16 September 2016
My lovely lady likes to sell various things on fb in addition to her on-line jewelry. This time its a house.

She has a friend in Norway married to an ice cream seller (!?). He cycles around selling ice cream and she has a well paid job sending money home to her family. She wants to buy a house for her family not too from here. Depending on what she makes of the photos, she will buy the house. And she wants my lovely lady to do the conveyance. We have met the couple a while back. We will be going there on Sunday to take the pics. She will be paid expenses and stands to make 300k on the deal. Sounds good.....but why do I think that a can of worms will be opened? Oh....when I suggested she can use the 300k profit to start the business she wanted without a bank loan I got a strange look. If it all goes through, I hope she uses that money for business and not to buy some more gold jewelry. If she doesn't, she does not have a leg to stand on as far as borrowing money is concerned.

22 September 2016
This invitation coincided with the news that her uncle (a pastor) who lives at Iloilo has rice to sell. 5 sacks actually. Apparently, he cannot get a good price there and my lovely lady wants to have the rice sent here where she can get a better price. I was not aware of great price fluctuations of rice in the Philippines but even then, I am told rice can be stored indefinitely in which case it could be stored until better market conditions prevail. But as most things I do not understand, spawns a conspiracy theory. It is this.....

Last year, I mentioned on these exalted pages that this Uncle wanted to buy rice then being harvested to sell. My lovely lady wanted to help finance this and asked me for a 10k investment which I gave. He would buy the rice and profits would be shared. True to form, despite many enquiries to her, I never saw any return on the 10k investment. I vowed that he would not get another investment. But I have been half expecting another request now that the harvesting season is again under way. I suspect that I will be told that this 5 bags of rice is our share of last years investment.....and another 10k investment would be nice. But that is a conspiracy theory which I dream up every now and again

9 October 2016
Just a quick reminder please to fb friends. My lovely lady regularly goes into my phone and checks for messages and reads my fb page. Please exercise discretion when messaging on fb and pm me here instead.

12 October 2016
I was rather miffed the other night. Her family seems only to visit when they want something. Normally, she just hands over a small amount of cash. Or her uncle comes over wanting some e.juice, or has a problem with the e.cig. He does this for her father who rarely comes over because he owes me money I reckon. Anyway, uncle comes round and I thought it was something to do with e.cigs. It wasn't. He said he wanted two bottles of Red Horse. I was surprised at the cheek of it all. There was no "please may we have" etc.. Ok, a small amount of cash or food is ok....but my beer! Maybe I am being harsh or tight. Anyway, I gave him two bottles out of shock I guess but stated that would be the last time. Sadly, the word parasites are coming to mind. And that is definitely not right. The straw breaking the camels back....and all that.

28 October 2016
Nothing much to report here except the odd moan about scrounging...

I provide her father an allowance for his maintenance drugs at 3k pm. His prescriptive drugs comes to 2.3k pm and he collects them from the Pharmacy as and when required. My lovely lady settles up at the pharmacy once a month. I mentioned a little while ago that the bill keeps getting bigger and bigger. Last month it was 3.4k. This month it came to 4.3k. She was livid and I don't blame her. I think he and the family are taking the p**s out of us. So she was 1.3k out of pocket. I wouldn't be surprised if we are providing drugs not just for him but for all and sundry. Maybe he is collecting money for the drugs also. But that's my conspiracy theory mind working overtime. Anyway, she is going to refuse to pay their rent this month (1k)....well done her.

Her father wanted to borrow 1k from her the other day. It was to support her sister who is away from home at the moment and living it up at a 14 day festival. She is the one we both supported her 4 yr college course and now has a degree. She has not worked since her graduation in March. My lovely lady was livid with him and refused. Well done her again. I think he dare not ask me. He still owes me money. The sister has now come back home again and whiling her time with her I-phone.

Her father came around the other day which means he wants something. He keeps asking for e-cig supplies such as batteries, juice etc. Anyway, I had run out of parts so he acquired a cheap e-cig. But he "forgot" to buy juice. Yeah right. Luckily, I had some old e-juice which was given to me a few years ago. Coffee flavoured and nil nicotine. it is ghastly stuff. I hope he enjoys it.

Like most of you I'm sure....I am willing and pleased to help anyone. But when they try to take advantage then they no longer get sympathy from me.

14 November 2016
Getting fed up with pinay pouts now and I can see this not ending well.

Had a bad one the other day which started innocuously as they normally do but escalated quickly. She was in a bad mood (no idea why) and I suggested we take a walk to the each. She refused so I said I would go alone. She hates me going anywhere alone so it was a red flag to a bull. She then said that if I went, she would not be here when I get back. My red flag to a bull and off I went. And she wasn't. I went out later for a bite to eat by myself....cue another red flag and thought I would have a few ales whilst I am at it (another red flag). As you do when you are let out of a prison. Anyway, she sent her father looking for me on the beach and we had a few more beers. Bonding? Gets back and I could tell she was a tad upset because she was packing her clothes. This was confirmed by her sleeping in the next bedroom. All par for the course to be ignored. Change of profile pic on fb to that of a broken heart which is far better than the usual cut wrist, razor blade and blood. But something extraordinary happened. She was not there in the morning which is normal, but I found out on fb she checked into a private hospital 4 hours away. For a bad headache. She got the 3.00 am bus from here. Long story short now....Doctor found nothing wrong with her after an injection, head scan etc. Prescription was 10 Paracetamols at 130 peso each! Total bill was 3500 peso.

Had one yesterday also. I have a torn hamstring and walking is not pleasant. We have to take the long journey on Friday to renew my visa and do a bit of shopping which I am certainly not looking forward to. However, she wants us to go with friends the next day to visit Dumeguette visiting malls I guess. I said, I could not do that. Cue vigorous ironing which is a sure sign of impending pinay pout. ! hour later, she lay on the bed like a fallen angel saying she is too tired to go for our evening walk to the beach. No problem said I waving the now familiar red flag, I will limp alone. But she wasn't too tired to get on her bike to cycle to her mothers house whilst I was away. But that's the gist of it.

But I don't think this is normal pinay behavior. Maybe I am wrong. But, my patience is now wearing very thin

15 Novermber 2016
I am becoming more assertive now that crunch time is coming. That being my impending divorce which I am awaiting for through the post. She wants to get married after the divorce but I feel now is the time to assert myself before I propose. I can handle the pouts now although they are not nice but I have all the trump cards. She needs to understand that I am not a pet dog and sometimes I like to do what I want.

She hates me going out alone yet she will go out 2 or 3 times a day to her mothers house or whatever. I have no problem with her going out....it gets boring stuck inside the house. Sometimes when she is out for a while I will go out for a stroll along the beach via her mothers house. Then I get the 20,000 questions of why am I going for a walk alone. Maybe she thinks I am going to get drunk on the beach and go chasing other women! But then I get texts every 5 mins to make sure I am still alive or not chatting up another lady. Or whatever. This scenario led to another pout a couple of nights ago.

Her waddly sister asked her to go with her to watch a basket ball match the other evening. Lovely lady asked me to go also and I politely refused. I would prefer watching paint dry. So she said she would be a couple of hours or so and I said I might nip to the beach for a swift half. As you do. I knew that was like poking a wasps nest with a large stick and I was correct. Cue bulldogs face. Anyway, she told her sister she was not going and we sat in silence all evening and she slept in the other bedroom.

How do these pouts finish I hear you chorus? Simple. Ignore first and then when its time for a walk to the beach I always ask if she wants to come. This is ignored in silence initially, but once I get ready to go by myself, she comes with me. Then at a click of a switch, she is my lovely lady again as if nothing has happened. But she will not talk about it. Which is a shame.

16 November 2016
Theres a few comments about the characteristics of the Filipino/a. I tend to agree with whats been said but I will say what has NOT been said and I hope no offence is taken. It is a given fact that the average IQ of a Filipino/a is 86. Now, that is easily balanced by many other positive characteristics they have. We all know what they are. The theory behind the low IQ from what I have read is one word. Rice. Rice contains traces of poison (arsenic) which has an effect on the brain, amongst other things if eaten in large quantities. I will say no more on that.

Oh joy! Her father got wind of this and said he had no more e-juice and can I get him some. No money was proffered. I said I don't get the e-juice there any more because it has not been properly tested. Only 280 peso for 50 ml. I get mine from the UK now which is expensive and about 1200 peso including p + p. Plus 112 peso tax. He said he will pay that. We will see...but I bet he wont. If he doesn't then he will get no more until he does.
​​​​​​​And no mention of the 1500 peso he still owes me from a few months ago. I feel a Grrrrrrr coming on!

16 November 2016
Yes, you are right....very selfish attitude and if she doesn't get her own way then she adopts tampo mode. I have lost count of the number of times she is going back to Kuwait, packed her bags, locked herself in the bedroom and gone back to her mothers house. Fortunately, I am laid back and I let her rule the roost within boundaries. But she is learning. Went for a walk by myself this morning whilst she was visiting her parents house. Popped in, said good morning to her and them and I did not get the Gestapo treatment. I can say this though. I have never got angry with her and I don't want to. But patience and understanding is key. Sometimes that does wear thin.

18 November 2016
​​​​​​​I am told that most Filipinos are selfish and she is no exception to that rule. I have been very tolerant of this in the past but the time has come to bring about change. Hence the spate of Pinay Pouts recently. But she is learning thankfully.

She likes to have her own way and will try to manipulate me into a situation which I do not want. Wont give examples for brevity reasons but generally if she wants to do something or go somewhere and I say no, she engineers it so that I really have no choice. I am wise to that and watch out for it.

22 November 2016
Lovely lady has a "bestie" friend from School days who has a very likeable Canadian bf. They plus her kids and another couple (he is American...and a nice chappie also) plus their friends came to visit Sipalay and stayed at Nataasan Resort for a couple of nights and we visited them during the day. Was great. Us 3 men folk spent a lot of the time telling bawdy jokes and generally engaging in much mirth and merriment. As you do. Alcohol also flowed well.....watched carefully by my lovely lady. One of the subjects we chatted about was tampos on which I appear to be the resident expert for some reason. Now sadly, this got back to my lovely lady and it was construed as "talking behind her back". But Filipinas know all about talking about their spouses in the same way but the topics are normally....is he circumcised.....can he still climb the mountain....and comparing allowances. But this was a deadly crime. Cue pout on the way home. Followed by a face book comment.....and then telling the world she has a headache. I knew it was bad because she slept in the spare bedroom....and then defriended me from Fb. That's never happened before. Found a note next morning to say that she has gone to live with her family and someone will be along to collect her clothes etc. This was finished off with the fact that she is going to have me deported.

22 November 2016
​​​​​​​Sloth sister....the one who we put through college for 4 years to get an IT Degree and has not worked since graduation in March has just turned down a job at the local hotel here as a receptionist for 9k per month. Reason? Because they cannot guarantee she will be on the same shift as her sister in law. I give up with her. My lovely lady paid for her course for 3 years and I financed the final year. Her parents need help with money......

25 November 2016
Lovely lady goes to a pawn shop to have gold jewelry evaluated for a customer but was damaged during evaluation by the gold being scraped. Hardly noticeable to me. It was spotted by another pawn shop whilst having a second evaluation. Complains to the original pawnshop who accepted responsibility and apologized but cannot offer compensation. Customer no longer wants the damaged jewelry and wants a refund of the cost which is 15,750 peso. I now have one very upset girl friend and cannot pay the 15,750 peso. I came to her rescue and sorted that problem out but now I am out of pocket and we have the damaged jewelry in our possession.

I am told that the necklass is solid 6.5 gram 21 carat gold. But the barely discernible scratch has revealed some sort of metal underneath. I have doubts that it is solid gold ....maybe I am wrong. My lovely lady thinks I am.

When I suggested to her that we just pawn the item for 11k, her face fell. I had the impression she wants to keep the damaged jewelry. But for what purpose? But she wont...I want some of my money back. But I may be wrong on her reaction.

30 November 2016
Now for something I found strange/interesting. I mentioned that the damage to the gold necklace was hardly noticeable unless you searched for it. She has found a friend who knows someone who could repair the jewelry. Cost? About 50 peso! She wants it repaired so she can sell it for a further profit. I am not sure it will be easy to sell. But I will give her time...say two months and then come after my money.

It was valued at two difference pawn shops. One for 11k and one for 8k. So I am told. They seem to evaluate the value by weight, and hall mark. Plus the use of a magnet. But I am surprised that she reckons it will only cost 50 peso to repair the damage to an expensive piece of jewelry. Something does not seem to add up to me. But that's my mind working conspiracy theories again. Also, she has not yet made moves to have it repaired yet. Knowing her, it would have been in the hands of the repairer by now. But we shall see how this whole episode unfolds.

30 November 2016
The shoe business....she is trying to get a business loan to rent a shop and stock a small number of shoes as an example of what she can supply. She wants to also stock other items and the total investment would be about 300k from the last I heard. To obtain a business loan it appears that a requirement is that she needs to own a credit card. We have been trying for the credit card for the past couple months and jumping through the usual hurdles and red tape. It is a slow progress. Once she has a credit card, she can apply for a loan.

11 December 2016
She still has not got that gold necklass fixed. Lame excuses I feel, but I may be wrong. Need to recoup some of that 15,750 peso. But it has saved a bit of money for me already. She saw a gold necklass for Xmas present....about 12k I think. Yes....she has expensive tastes. But I reminded her that I had forked out already and didn't quite have the readies for anything that expensive. So she had to make do with something a bit cheaper. Saved me 4k so far. Will save a bundle on an engagement ring if she doesn't get that necklass fixed soon.

Had a further 2 calls since I have been tapping away at this. The usual 50,000 questions. Bless her.

14 December 2016
I mentioned that I thought I saved about 4k on my lovely ladies Xmas present this year. She still hasn't got that necklace fixed btw....waiting for the repairer. Apparently. Anyway, the Xmas present was to cost 8k but just been informed that because its bespoke, it will be an extra 1465 peso. Nothing was mentioned about that when we ordered it. Ok, its only 1465 peso but its the principle that counts. I wonder if she knew this....she says its the first bespoke item she has bought. Lesson learnt for next time. Oh, and instead of having two nights in a hotel over Xmas, it shall only be one now. I am sure she will understand... :-)

Her father paid me 1k for the e-juice the other day which surprised me actually. The cost was 1.4k actually and he said he would pay the balance next day. Think he meets next year. So, my cunning plan to save 300 peso for bottles of e-juice has gone astray. Will just add that to the bill for next time he wants some. As I have said before....money is not the issue. Its the principle.

Reminds me when her waddly sister was desperate for a 2k loan before the Presidential elections here. I took pity on her plight as you do and she promised it will be repaid after the election. Silly me....I forgot to ask which election. The one a few months ago or the next one in a few years time. Don't like being mislead or lied to.

Lovely lady went out the other night with her two sisters. Waddly and Sloth. To do some shopping. I took the advantage of putting on a DVD to watch which is a bit of a rare treat. She does not like my dvds. Plus a beer....or two. She comes back and sees me enjoying my DVD plus cold beer and I could see disapproval in her face. I asked if she wanted to watch her favourite soap but legged it into the bedroom to watch it there. I knew then she was not enamored with me, my dvd and beer. So, I had another one....as you do. She came out an hour or so later and sarcastically made a comment about *still drinking*.....and not happy. So she went to bed. No problem....I had another couple of cold ones and watched another DVD. She was ok in the morning....I was expecting the dreaded Pinay Pout. Guess she has learnt now that I am not under her thumb

15 December 2016
It is the start of Xmas festivities here and no doubt she will want to go to a few of them. I am not particularly interested so she will go with her sisters. Which leaves her in a quandary. She hates leaving me alone because she thinks I will get up to no good. Like having a couple of beers for instance on the beach. Now, she used to have duplicate keys for the gate and house but mysteriously "lost" them a few days ago

which means she takes the originals and I am effectively stuck here. But now I retain the keys after letting her out of the gate. She doesn't like that and has questioned that but she knows I can escape. Which I am now doing. Personally, I think its good that we are not in each others pockets all the time. She hates me going out alone. Sadly.

15 December 2016
Just come back from the beach btw after a few swift halfs. Messaged my lovely lady to say I am off to the beach whilst she enjoys the basketball with waddly and sloth and she joined me 10 mins later. She said she wanted to watch the talent contest after the basketball. No problem for me. I said I would stay on the beach and watch the live band. She is now at home guarding me.......

20 December 2016
Jewelry not been sent for repair yet. Perhaps she is thinking I might forget about it. I wont.
​​​​​​​TEETHING TROUBLES.Nothing more,nothing less.All relationships have them
Old Jan 26th 2020, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

JG68... I am not going to reproduce your comment here.. Scroll time. Perhaps you can sort the wheat from the chaff and I will deal with it.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 11:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

JG68... I am not going to reproduce your comment here.. Scroll time. Perhaps you can sort the wheat from the chaff and I will deal with it.
The idea is that you yourself read the quoted sections not that you scroll through. You continually state that the first three years were perfect. Me and many others have suggested you read back. SOS has now gone to the trouble, presumably because she can't sleep, to highlight the entries showing, to us anyway, that things have never been perfect.

Also, I could be wrong but I think JG68 was possibly being sarcastic.

Anyway it's all and it's your life and if you don't want to see that's entirely up to you. Be happy.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 26th 2020 at 11:20 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The whole thing is a work of fiction.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 11:46 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

The tooth fairy raided the freezer.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

"The whole thing is a work of fiction".
This opinion was alluded to many moons ago by more than one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.