Me and My Family

Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by WiredTight
Stokkevn,

Did you happen to ask the Judge about "how long it might take for a decision on the Abandonment/Illegal marriage/annullment question in the RP legal system ???

Days, Weeks, or Years..????

My guess P11 will have passed on due to old age... or a disgruntled LL boyfriend, or family member. .
No, I did not really want to turn the evening into a legal answers and question session.

Last edited by Stokkevn; Dec 5th 2019 at 3:37 am.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory

From my memory of the fancy wedding, no members of her family showed up. I wonder why? Do you suppose they knew she was already married and forgot to tell you?
Wrong....they all turned up bar one. They were all part of the ceremony also. One carried the ring...brother and sister put the sash? around us and mother and father gave her away. Waddly her elder sister refused to go because they are bitter enemies.

Moving on....

Thanks Stokkevn. I gathered that may be the case but she reckons she will have proof tomorrow that the first wedding was void because she was not there and her signature was forged. We will see...

Attorney failed to turn up yesterday...trying to get another appointment....

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Dec 5th 2019 at 2:56 am.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 3:54 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Wrong....they all turned up bar one. They were all part of the ceremony also. One carried the ring...brother and sister put the sash? around us and mother and father gave her away. Waddly her elder sister refused to go because they are bitter enemies.
You and Mallory are both wrong Your post #1779
However, I noticed a couple of disturbing things. Some sponsors failed to turn up plus a few of her family and friends. Her brothers and Waddly failed to turn up....citing they were too busy. None of her immediate family also failed to acknowledge any of her FB pics. Something is seriously wrong...I have no idea what.

This is what happens when I'm sitting at my waiting for my accountant to email me back, I do silly things like reading old posts to pass the time
Old Dec 5th 2019, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

P11,
Be warned that lawyers in the Philippines are notoriously unreliable particularly if they have the opportunity of finding richer pickings elsewhere.
Do not expect to see code of ethics as practised in England and Wales (Scotland have their own system).
On a personal note having lived and worked in the Philippines if you have been to PNP and your version is on a blotter why worry?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
However, I noticed a couple of disturbing things. Some sponsors failed to turn up plus a few of her family and friends. Her brothers and Waddly failed to turn up....citing they were too busy. None of her immediate family also failed to acknowledge any of her FB pics. Something is seriously wrong...I have no idea what.

This is what happens when I'm sitting at my waiting for my accountant to email me back, I do silly things like reading old posts to pass the time
Actually one brother of the two did fail to turn up...my mistake. He lived too far away. The sponsors who did not turn up was again because of distance. One sponsor in particular failed to turn up because of distance but paid for the band. Yes, it is correct that none of her family appeared to acknowledge her fb pics which indeed was strange. I will have to check back on the pics again to see if they were acknowledged later.

Just checked her wedding pics. 266 likes etc....but none from her immediate family. That tells a story...

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Dec 5th 2019 at 5:49 am. Reason: Extra paragraph
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
P11,
Be warned that lawyers in the Philippines are notoriously unreliable particularly if they have the opportunity of finding richer pickings elsewhere.
Do not expect to see code of ethics as practised in England and Wales (Scotland have their own system).
On a personal note having lived and worked in the Philippines if you have been to PNP and your version is on a blotter why worry?
Certainly agree on your point about attorneys...not only unreliable but in some cases corrupt. The blotters I made could be just used as my view on events....she may well concoct a different view

Regards
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:51 am
Just Joined

N0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really nice

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

I read (& thought) exactly the same...

The 1st sign I picked up on the fact there was a problem (looking back there were many other clues before that) with my ex ( of 8 years) relationship was when her brother didn't pick us up from the airport (his job is a driver, he loves to drive & loves the trip from Kapalong to Davao), same weekend we didn't go to see her family (at the time I thought thank ****, I hate that journey & much though I loved her parents, her mum always fusses over me)

P11 for what it's worth, I asked my Thai GF what she wanted for Xmas & she said gold necklace...
I say OK babe, we go T21 & see which one you like
No need I want Baht (Thai currency but also used as a weight in gold) necklace, don't need to wear

So I asked her, why? So you can pawn if you need money... she just did the Thai Shy smile
So I says, why not just put the money in the bank then you have it when you need it, no need to pawn/pay interest... she just looked at me confused

We're talking 1-1.5 months salary for her & less than 1 days salary to me so I can understand where she's coming from

Any how, my way of supporting you in your Ex's exploits into buying gold & pawning it...

Hope you're doing well my friend

Old Dec 5th 2019, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You love to get on his case for every action or inaction he takes.

In answer to your question, you should be asking "Why do you put your life on BRITISH EXPATS for others to know where you are and what you do.

It must be nice to be so perfect that you can judge others.
If you feel my posts are against forum rules, you are free to report these to the moderators.
May be you should have read what I commented on.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Stokkevn. I gathered that may be the case but she reckons she will have proof tomorrow that the first wedding was void because she was not there and her signature was forged. We will see...

Attorney failed to turn up yesterday...trying to get another appointment....

Regards
Bumped into my friendly judge at the market this afternoon and asked him about the voiding of the first marriage, he said that it must have been registered with ( and I have forgot which gov dept he said ) prior to the date of your wedding otherwise your wedding is illegal
Old Dec 5th 2019, 10:26 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Actually one brother of the two did fail to turn up...my mistake. He lived too far away. The sponsors who did not turn up was again because of distance. One sponsor in particular failed to turn up because of distance but paid for the band. Yes, it is correct that none of her family appeared to acknowledge her fb pics which indeed was strange. I will have to check back on the pics again to see if they were acknowledged later.

Just checked her wedding pics. 266 likes etc....but none from her immediate family. That tells a story...

Regards
Perhaps the story is they knew she was still married. I’m sure Waddly knew she was still married - was she not living in your outbuilding at the time?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

****fairly clueless about local culture**** Far from it. This is why I am cautious in my approach to problems and not prone to knee jerk reactions. I am certainly not my own lawyer as you suggest and have taken the time to research and take advice.

Regards
Just my impression from reading your posts this past year especially when you express surprise at certain actions you encountered plus your general approach that you have little in depth understanding of the local culture, and are very naive. This is not a criticism as you come across as a very nice person. It does seem strange you are trying to understand the law ( and case law and its application) as opposed to simply getting a lawyer to handle- and almost anywhere the advice is to cut contact and let lawyer handle going forward. My comments are meant to be helpful as everyone's have been for quite a long time. In fact continued support payments can be can be construed in various ways and possible prejudicial to your case especially after you found out she has been married before. The pattern of being manipulated and judgement in regards to this woman naturally breeds the idea that perhaps you put in someone else's hands with more local and legal knowledge and less emotion to extricate yourself from the mess.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by N0rbett
I read (& thought) exactly the same...

The 1st sign I picked up on the fact there was a problem (looking back there were many other clues before that) with my ex ( of 8 years) relationship was when her brother didn't pick us up from the airport (his job is a driver, he loves to drive & loves the trip from Kapalong to Davao), same weekend we didn't go to see her family (at the time I thought thank ****, I hate that journey & much though I loved her parents, her mum always fusses over me)

P11 for what it's worth, I asked my Thai GF what she wanted for Xmas & she said gold necklace...
I say OK babe, we go T21 & see which one you like
No need I want Baht (Thai currency but also used as a weight in gold) necklace, don't need to wear

So I asked her, why? So you can pawn if you need money... she just did the Thai Shy smile
So I says, why not just put the money in the bank then you have it when you need it, no need to pawn/pay interest... she just looked at me confused

We're talking 1-1.5 months salary for her & less than 1 days salary to me so I can understand where she's coming from

Any how, my way of supporting you in your Ex's exploits into buying gold & pawning it...

Hope you're doing well my friend
Thanks for your kind words and belated apologies to you for my tetchiness earlier.

I am the same as you and most other people. Why buy jewelry to pawn when the money could be put into a bank? When pawned, I am told it only accrues about 75% of its value and then interest is to be paid. I am told by my ex-wife that people would find it easier to go to an ATM and withdraw their savings so the temptation is higher. She also stated that its an investment. Maybe in the very long term but that is not guaranteed. Logic does not prevail in the Philippines.

Regards
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Bumped into my friendly judge at the market this afternoon and asked him about the voiding of the first marriage, he said that it must have been registered with ( and I have forgot which gov dept he said ) prior to the date of your wedding otherwise your wedding is illegal
Correct. It was registered under a slightly different name at PSA. Yes my wedding is considered illegal and thus void. I have a rearranged appointment with the lawyer tomorrow. I am told he is the attorney to the vice-mayor here if that means anything

Regards
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mallory

Perhaps the story is they knew she was still married. I’m sure Waddly knew she was still married - was she not living in your outbuilding at the time?
They vehemently deny that they knew she was married. They knew a marriage was planned and was called off by her hence their surprise when I gave them the news. But it doesn't ring right. She called the wedding off and then had another daughter by him 2 yrs later. Mind you she did that to me 3 times I think! Anyway, its all academic now.

Waddly had been kicked out earlier by her....hence the dissatisfaction.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Dec 5th 2019 at 11:57 am. Reason: Extra para
Old Dec 5th 2019, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your kind words and belated apologies to you for my tetchiness earlier.

I am the same as you and most other people. Why buy jewelry to pawn when the money could be put into a bank? When pawned, I am told it only accrues about 75% of its value and then interest is to be paid. I am told by my ex-wife that people would find it easier to go to an ATM and withdraw their savings so the temptation is higher. She also stated that its an investment. Maybe in the very long term but that is not guaranteed. Logic does not prevail in the Philippines.

Regards
You would be very lucky to get 75% of the value, my missus pawned a ring that I paid GBP1400 for Ph8,500, not sure what the interest was as she reclaimed it about 3 days later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.