Me and My Family

Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm glad you're seeking legal advice on this. I don't believe you're required to pay alimony/maintenance to someone you were never married to.
As previously explained many times the Abandonment Law does not solely apply to married couples. It also applies to live in couples.

Regards
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
As previously explained many times the Abandonment Law does not solely apply to married couples. It also applies to live in couples.

Regards
How can this law apply if separation is due to bigamy? You didn't just walk out for no reason.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
What I (and probably others) don't understand is why you believe you have abandoned her when she's been lying and cheating on you - including now - since day one. You haven't abandoned anyone. In my very uneducated opinion anyway. She went off to 'the city' or the boyfriend's house or wherever so she abandoned you. Also you may consider your relationship as a couple, she most certainly doesn't. You've been nothing but a bank.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Philosophical 11;12771787]I have gone to great lengths previously to explain why I know her family are not behind this. So perhaps explain to me why this is not the case in your opinion.

Regards[/QUOT

Imho, why wouldn't parents and family know that daughter got married?
Is it acceptible that girls just get pregnant by any guy who slopes along? Filipinos are usually Catholic. Producing kids outside wedlock isn't the norm in Catholic society. But may be exLL is not Catholic.
Maybe you just want to overlook the deceit by them.
It hurts to feel cheated by everybody around.
You did on a number of occasions mention suspected dishonesty by inlaws.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

P11, you have the patience of a saint. Would it not be to your advantage and safety to leave the Philippines asap?
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:33 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't. All communication is by messenger. All salient convos are logged separately in case she tries to delete messages.

Regards
But you're still communicating directly with her. Why?

You're in a strong position, recognise that. Cease any direct contact and let your lawyer deal with things here on in.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Thairetired2016;12771797]
I have gone to great lengths previously to explain why I know her family are not behind this. So perhaps explain to me why this is not the case in your opinion.

Regards[/QUOT

Imho, why wouldn't parents and family know that daughter got married?
Is it acceptible that girls just get pregnant by any guy who slopes along? Filipinos are usually Catholic. Producing kids outside wedlock isn't the norm in Catholic society. But may be exLL is not Catholic.
Maybe you just want to overlook the deceit by them.
It hurts to feel cheated by everybody around.
You did on a number of occasions mention suspected dishonesty by inlaws.
*****Producing kids outside wedlock isn't the norm in Catholic society. But may be exLL is not Catholic****** This is the Philippines. Nothing is normal here. I know very many women, especially here who have an abundance of kids. She is Baptist by the way.

Dishonesty by the in-laws. Apart from the odd peace of skimming and not paying debts that is it. Nothing outrageous. Again, this is quite normal .

Regards

Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have gone to great lengths previously to explain why I know her family are not behind this. So perhaps explain to me why this is not the case in your opinion.

Regards
Blood is thicker than water.

IMO when they are absolutely sure that you are no longer use to them they will choose her. Even if you are no longer bankrolling them, I believe that they will keep you onside just in case an ‘emergency’ arises and they need a cash cow.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
But you're still communicating directly with her. Why?

You're in a strong position, recognise that. Cease any direct contact and let your lawyer deal with things here on in.
Again for about the 10th time, she has to communicate with me about financial and medical matters etc. The Abandonment Law rules. I do not need yet to employ a lawyer because it is not required in a Family Court. I may require one to deal with the null and void issue. Why then do I need an expensive lawyer and add to my financial woes?

Regards

Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

N0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really nice

Regards

Who told you this? - If it was your solicitor I strongly recommend getting a new one as that would only apply to a country that recognises co-habiting couples.... Which PI certainly does not

Your "Wife" has committed the crime of Bigamy, do you have any idea how big a deal that is in Philippines???

Sounds to me like you're just looking for excuses to not let go... Nothing wrong with that but at least look yourself in the mirror & accept that's the fact instead of arguing with people trying to give advice (and in Mike's case practical support)

Last edited by N0rbett; Nov 30th 2019 at 12:50 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Blood is thicker than water.

IMO when they are absolutely sure that you are no longer use to them they will choose her. Even if you are no longer bankrolling them, I believe that they will keep you onside just in case an ‘emergency’ arises and they need a cash cow.
There is no cash cow anymore. They know that. They have been forced to pay their own rent and monthly meds.

Regards

Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
In cases where petition for annulment of marriage succeeds, the giver is no longer obliged to support the spouse. Nullity of marital union also discontinues the obligation of the giver to support the spouse. The support is only required to those who are husband and wife. They are the ones who require supporting each other and rendering mutual help.

If the wife is convicted of adultery, the husband will not be obliged to give support to her. This is due to the fact that the wife also loses the right to support. The husband has to prove that adultery has been committed because mere allegation does not bar the wife from her right to support.
https://attorney.org.ph/legal-news/c...iage-annulment
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

There is no cash cow anymore. They know that. They have been forced to pay their own rent and monthly meds.

Regards
OK then we agree to disagree.

You know them and I don’t, but I still think they are leaving their options open. At the end of the day, when push comes to shove, they will side with her, not you.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by N0rbett
Who told you this? - If it was your solicitor I strongly recommend getting a new one as that would only apply to a country that recognises co-habiting couples.... Which PI certainly does not

Your "Wife" has committed the crime of Bigamy, do you have any idea how big a deal that is in Philippines???

Sounds to me like you're just looking for excuses to not let go... Nothing wrong with that but at least look yourself in the mirror & accept that's the fact instead of arguing with people trying to give advice (and in Mike's case practical support)
May I respectfully suggest to you that you read up on the Abandonment Law in the Philippines. You ask me if I know what a big deal it is in the Phils. I have already explained that. 6 - 10 yrs in jail. It would be an idea if you took a little time to read back on posts before commenting .

Regards
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
In cases where petition for annulment of marriage succeeds, the giver is no longer obliged to support the spouse. Nullity of marital union also discontinues the obligation of the giver to support the spouse. The support is only required to those who are husband and wife. They are the ones who require supporting each other and rendering mutual help.

If the wife is convicted of adultery, the husband will not be obliged to give support to her. This is due to the fact that the wife also loses the right to support. The husband has to prove that adultery has been committed because mere allegation does not bar the wife from her right to support.
https://attorney.org.ph/legal-news/c...iage-annulment
Again as previously explained there will be no annulment because the marriage is void. The Abandonment Law not only applies to married couples but also co-habiting couples despite what a previous poster has stated.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.