Me and My Family

Old Nov 30th 2019, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

How on earth can you be bound by the Rules of Abandonment when you are the victim of a bigamists marriage.
Like may who have voiced amazement, why on earth are you maintaining contact?
You are being self delusional and you seem unable caste your bigamist spouse aside. She deserves absolutely nothing.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
How on earth can you be bound by the Rules of Abandonment when you are the victim of a bigamists marriage.
You are being self delusional and you seem unable caste your bigamist spouse aside. She deserves absolutely nothing.
In RedApe's link above it states 'bigamous marriages shall be voided from the beginning' meaning that there is no requirement for an official annulment but obviously lots of court paperwork to remove the illegal marriage records. If the marriage is to be voided from the beginning then that will also cover all responsibilities to each other i.e. support etc that would have been there if the marriage was legal.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 6:08 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Yeah, I'm struggling with that. Does Abandonment law law really apply when you're not even married ? Seems a crazy system if it does.

Likewise, just cut off all contact and anything further through a lawyer.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Yeah, I'm struggling with that. Does Abandonment law law really apply when you're not even married ? Seems a crazy system if it does.

Likewise, just cut off all contact and anything further through a lawyer.

Yes it does. It is not just applicable for married couples but for live in partners. One reason why it is impossible to cut off links for the time being. A simple search on the the internet for Abandonment in the Philippines will explain in greater detail

Regards
Old Nov 30th 2019, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
In RedApe's link above it states 'bigamous marriages shall be voided from the beginning' meaning that there is no requirement for an official annulment but obviously lots of court paperwork to remove the illegal marriage records. If the marriage is to be voided from the beginning then that will also cover all responsibilities to each other i.e. support etc that would have been there if the marriage was legal.
Wrong as in my last post concerning Abandonment. Again I re-iterate that my marriage is now void. No annulment required. It is automatic. My attorney will tell me how to make this official and further options that I may have.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Nov 30th 2019 at 6:33 am.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Wrong as in my last post concerning Abandonment. Again I re-iterate that my marriage is now void. No annulment required. It is automatic. My attorney will tell me how to make this official and further options that I may have.

Regards
after all this why have any contact with her at all ? let lawyer handle. if the idea is there you still have some enforceable financial obligation let lawyer handle whatever minimum payment necessary, eliminate all contact with her and anything to do with her and this nightmare will eventually come to an end though staying in the country remains an issue. in the long run lawyer will be less expensive than maintaining contact with her or her family or any person who knows you both. desperate people do desperate things especially to someone who has enabled them for so long- she is obviously very able to manipulate and fool you, so why keep giving her ammunition?
Old Nov 30th 2019, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
You forgot to mention the possibility that he is the victim of a classic fraud scheme whereby she and her boyfriend and family have been fleecing him of his money all along. If she has friends in the local police they may even be getting a commission for turning a blind eye. If that is the case, the first hint of an investigation by a higher authority should make them reconsider their loyalties.
more than a possibility, it is a probability
Old Nov 30th 2019, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I realise the Philippines are a different world to the place I inhabit but I honestly can't see that if she's committed bigamy and lied and cheated throughout the relationship, that you would have to continue providing for her. That's utter madness.
More than madness it is nonsense. Hopefully he gets an attorney who can explain to him how things work in practice. Start process in voiding the marriage, file restraining order,and stopping any and all contact except through lawyer common sense even in that country- continue paying any financial support is ridiculous especially if not done through a lawyer. Once she has to go through only the lawyer until the marriage voided, and if Philosophical resist temptation to have any contact with her, family or mutual contacts, situation should improve.

Old Nov 30th 2019, 9:34 am
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously the entire family, whom you naively thought were on your side against her, were all in on the scam. They all knew she was married. This is how these clannish third-worlders work. Many a foolish, liberal-minded westerner, humming John Lennon's Imagine while dreaming of true love with a sweet, smiling young oriental delight, has been rendered destitute in this way.

You were lucky. The best way to avoid paying her is to ensure she spends the next ten years in prison, where the Philippine government will take tender care of all her needs. It would also make a refreshing change for a scammer to be screwed by a scammee for once. Might make a few others think twice, and save the lives of other naive, well-meaning western retirees like you.

Do it, P11. You know damn well she and her family with their fake serpent-smiles wouldn't hesitate to put you behind bars if it benefited them.

Last edited by Elgin1983; Nov 30th 2019 at 9:37 am.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 9:47 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it does. It is not just applicable for married couples but for live in partners. One reason why it is impossible to cut off links for the time being. A simple search on the the internet for Abandonment in the Philippines will explain in greater detail

Regards
Fortunately I'm not in the position of needing to do Google searches on abondment in the Philippines...

But that is completely FUBAR if that's the case!
Old Nov 30th 2019, 10:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

They don't. I have already explained why.

Moving on. ... Under the rules of Abandonment I have a duty under Philippines law to maintain her irrespective of the crimes committed by her. However I suspect they will have little sympathy for her and the family court may well award her nothing. My attorney will advise on this and other matters. Expect to see him very soon.

She is still denying that she signed the marriage contract and her signature was forged by her husband to be in collusion with who ever married them. She will be filing them all a legal case. For the first time she now wants me back (fat chance) in January when she has been promised a job in the local hotel as restaurant manager. So she says..

Still no sight of the 15k but that will be coming soon... I have asked for proof of that. Still no address of the call centre.... She prefers to take me there. No chance of that either

Regards
I would not speak to her, all contact should be done in writing. That way you have proof of all the lies she is spinning.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I would not speak to her, all contact should be done in writing. That way you have proof of all the lies she is spinning.
I don't. All communication is by messenger. All salient convos are logged separately in case she tries to delete messages.

Regards
Old Nov 30th 2019, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by morpeth
after all this why have any contact with her at all ? let lawyer handle. if the idea is there you still have some enforceable financial obligation let lawyer handle whatever minimum payment necessary, eliminate all contact with her and anything to do with her and this nightmare will eventually come to an end though staying in the country remains an issue. in the long run lawyer will be less expensive than maintaining contact with her or her family or any person who knows you both. desperate people do desperate things especially to someone who has enabled them for so long- she is obviously very able to manipulate and fool you, so why keep giving her ammunition?
Contact is kept to a minimum and is necessary at this point. Eventually I assume it will go to a Family Court who will decide on her alimony. I believe that lawyers are not required at the Family Court. She is the one that has been threatening lawyers etc whereas I have not except for advice only which is free. Now that I have evidence of bigamy, which she denies, she is now dancing to my tune. Since my disclosure, all threats have disappeared and she is now compliant.

Regards

Old Nov 30th 2019, 11:58 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Eventually I assume it will go to a Family Court who will decide on her alimony.
I'm glad you're seeking legal advice on this. I don't believe you're required to pay alimony/maintenance to someone you were never married to.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Elgin1983
Obviously the entire family, whom you naively thought were on your side against her, were all in on the scam. They all knew she was married. This is how these clannish third-worlders work. Many a foolish, liberal-minded westerner, humming John Lennon's Imagine while dreaming of true love with a sweet, smiling young oriental delight, has been rendered destitute in this way.

You were lucky. The best way to avoid paying her is to ensure she spends the next ten years in prison, where the Philippine government will take tender care of all her needs. It would also make a refreshing change for a scammer to be screwed by a scammee for once. Might make a few others think twice, and save the lives of other naive, well-meaning western retirees like you.

Do it, P11. You know damn well she and her family with their fake serpent-smiles wouldn't hesitate to put you behind bars if it benefited them.
I have gone to great lengths previously to explain why I know her family are not behind this. So perhaps explain to me why this is not the case in your opinion.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.