Me and My Family

Old Nov 29th 2019, 8:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

I realise the Philippines are a different world to the place I inhabit but I honestly can't see that if she's committed bigamy and lied and cheated throughout the relationship, that you would have to continue providing for her. That's utter madness.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
I'm oldfashioned and keep in touch by email.
Quite right, email and Skype and on high days and holidays good old letter as long as you remember to post it 6 weeks before the event, facebook is blocked from my laptops as are their trackers.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I realise the Philippines are a different world to the place I inhabit but I honestly can't see that if she's committed bigamy and lied and cheated throughout the relationship, that you would have to continue providing for her. That's utter madness.
Yes absolutely correct. But it is their country and I am a guest. I intend to take legal advice very soon. But from what I have read thus far... I need to do nothing. Any action she tries to take against me will be nullified by the piece of paper I have in my possession. She has the threat of jail hanging over her. But it seems to me that the biggest detterent to her is me releasing the information That she has committed bigamy

Regards
Old Nov 29th 2019, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

I suspected as much. I suspect that it was with one of the mysterious fathers of her myriad children. Likely the father is going around claiming that HIS name was forged ;-)

She made no effort to annul the marriage with the forged signature? Until she had done this she could not legally marry. Period.

Anything that you do is irrelevant. The marriage was a fraud. There can be no "affairs".

Tell her if you were not legally married there can be no claim of support. She should get her own overpriced hypertension drugs.

Be nice...but tell her that she must consent to an annulment of your "marriage" which was made under false pretenses. If she does not it will be brought before the courts and she may go to jail. This is HER choice.

I've posted this before but it's actually quite simple. Article 41 of the Philippine Family Law does not allow marriage where a prior marriage still exists (there is one exception, but it doesn't apply in this case). It's void...and there are no further conjugal responsibilities. You need to get it officially annulled, though. You have five years to begin the process, but I'd suggest it be done ASAP.

THE FAMILY CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES : Executive Order No. 209 - FULL TEXT - CHAN ROBLES VIRTUAL LAW LIBRARY

Tell her to behave, not harass you, not try and "spy" on you since you are NOT married under Philippine law - and if she does you may report this bigamy to the authorities.

Last edited by RedApe; Nov 29th 2019 at 12:06 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 12:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
Tell her to behave, not harass you, not try and "spy" on you since you are NOT married under Philippine law - and if she does you may report this bigamy to the authorities.
And I think you should get off of Facebook and stay off until this is all done.

Old Nov 29th 2019, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
I suspected as much. I suspect that it was with one of the mysterious fathers of her myriad children. Likely the father is going around claiming that HIS name was forged ;-)

She made no effort to annul the marriage with the forged signature? Until she had done this she could not legally marry. Period.

Anything that you do is irrelevant. The marriage was a fraud. There can be no "affairs".

Tell her if you were not legally married there can be no claim of support. She should get her own overpriced hypertension drugs.

Be nice...but tell her that she must consent to an annulment of your "marriage" which was made under false pretenses. If she does not it will be brought before the courts and she may go to jail. This is HER choice.

I've posted this before but it's actually quite simple. Article 41 of the Philippine Family Law does not allow marriage where a prior marriage still exists (there is one exception, but it doesn't apply in this case). It's void...and there are no further conjugal responsibilities. You need to get it officially annulled, though. You have five years to begin the process, but I'd suggest it be done ASAP.

THE FAMILY CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES : Executive Order No. 209 - FULL TEXT - CHAN ROBLES VIRTUAL LAW LIBRARY

Not sure why anyone should annul an illegal marriage, it should just be a nonevent and just removed from the records. Your attached link, if I have read it properly ( was slipping into slumber land after chapter 2 and a few beers ) 'bigamous marriages' shall be voided from the beginning ( ref Chapter 3, Article 35, Item 4 ) and as such would not be required to be annulled.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

N0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really nice

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
If you are concerned about your BP ...then yes it is a good thing. Mine cost about 1.5k and was advised to buy the the unit to use on the arm. More accurate so I am told. I checked mine once per week until my wife trashed it when I left her for the second time back in April. I notice on her BP results the doc checks both arms the point of which I don't understand although they were slightly different. I have no idea what my BP is now and needs to be checked. Back where I used to live with her, I found a walk-in place where you can get Cholesterol checked, BP and weight checked. Looking for something similar here. My scales also got trashed in one of those moments of rage by her. I have lost a fair bit of weight in the last few months and on last checking a few weeks ago, I am now down to 64kg from about 70kg which is a concern. I need to get those checks done once I find the right place.

Moving on....Nothing further to report since I last wrote. Still in temp accommodation with a lovely Filipino family but I hope to view a part furnished place this week with a view to moving in after refurb during January. I am in no rush because Idont know how things are gong to pan out here. As a consequence, I have extended my visa for just 59 days. Her latest threat is to take me to a Family Court of which I have no problem to settle her maintenance. However her attorney (if she has one) claims she can get 40% of my gross pension which would be ruinous for me because I am carrying all her debts plus wedding and the money lent to an ex-pats wife to bury her husband a couple of years back. I could cope with 40% of Nett pension without too much of a problem. Anyway....still researching her 40% claim. Off to PSA in a few days to do some digging on any previous marriage she may have had.

Regards
Firstly I like to say a big Hi to everybody, I stumbled across this thread on another forum and have spent the best part of a week reading through each & every post... what a roller coaster ride, great to see the OP is moving on with his life & hope he finds true happiness in his new home.

Wanted to pick up on something P11 said on this thread, if I understand things correctly his monthly income is approx £1,000 pm = £12,000 pa, the UK personal tax allowance for 2018/2019 is £11,850 so the difference between gross & Nett is 20% (Basic Tax Rate) of £150 i.e.. £30, is that really the difference between "Ruinous" & "Not too much of a problem"?

Stokkevn I see you were in locale when Yolanda hit, I went through Compostela valley a week or so after it happened (used to have a house with my Ex-gf in Kapalong & we were on a roadtrip to visit her fathers family in Surigao) & the thing that struck me the most was the 1st thing they were rebuilding was... ... ... The church!!!

Again, nice to meet everybody on here, by way of introduction, I'm from UK and been an an Expat working in Singapore for 12 years now (until I retire next Friday ), 1st visited Philippines 11 years ago (met a girl in Singapore & visited her in Cebu) and loved the place (and the people) so have visited 4-6 times every year up until I split (amicably) with the Ex at the end of 2018 (now have a Thai GF & spend my downtime in Bangkok, where I'm typing this, but am very interested in some of the places that people have mentioned in the thread so will be checking them out once I fully exit SG, Feb next year)

Last edited by N0rbett; Nov 29th 2019 at 12:41 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Nov 29th 2019, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by N0rbett
Stokkevn I see you were in locale when Yolanda hit, I went through Compostela valley a week or so after it happened (used to have a house with my Ex-gf in Kapalong & we were on a roadtrip to visit her fathers family in Surigao) & the thing that struck me the most was the 1st thing they were rebuilding was... ... ... The church!!!
The church roof here was replaced before just about anything else was, but too quickly, here. Lumber was cut and installed in the roof to replace the beams damaged by the storm. The urgency to replace the beams meant that the new lumber had not been treated so now, 6 years on, the church has a huge mahogany tree growing out from the untreated beam about 10m up. Luckily it is on the outside but now the church will have to get the scaffolders back to get rid of it.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 3:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

P11, I'm delighted that you've found proof of her marriage and that this frees you from so many of the worries that were hanging over you. You really can start to plan a peaceful and happy life for yourself now. Excellent news!
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:39 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
I believe I still might have to maintain her under Philippine Law but probably not to as great extent as before.
Fantastic news mate. But you must be mad to even be considering handing over one more centavo to her. Frankly, given what she's put you through and given the fact you could easily have her locked up for ten years, she should be maintaining you, if you get my drift...
Old Nov 29th 2019, 7:50 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

And block her on fb. Communication by phone , email etc should suffice .
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

And her family who were on your side you once said, didn't know about her being married?
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

And her family who were on your side you once said, didn't know about her being married?
You don't mean that they've been lying to him the whole time as well? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!
Old Nov 30th 2019, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You don't mean that they've been lying to him the whole time as well? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!
I'm not shocked. I have been living in Asia for too long. The opposite would have surprised me.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

They don't. I have already explained why.

Moving on. ... Under the rules of Abandonment I have a duty under Philippines law to maintain her irrespective of the crimes committed by her. However I suspect they will have little sympathy for her and the family court may well award her nothing. My attorney will advise on this and other matters. Expect to see him very soon.

She is still denying that she signed the marriage contract and her signature was forged by her husband to be in collusion with who ever married them. She will be filing them all a legal case. For the first time she now wants me back (fat chance) in January when she has been promised a job in the local hotel as restaurant manager. So she says..

Still no sight of the 15k but that will be coming soon... I have asked for proof of that. Still no address of the call centre.... She prefers to take me there. No chance of that either

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.