Me and My Family

Old Nov 24th 2019, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
They sell it in our market, but if you look around there are trees of it nearly everywhere, they are easy to grow, a couple of plants in large flower pots should be enough to keep you going.
Wish I could grow it myself. Live on 11th floor city centre.
Old Nov 24th 2019, 10:42 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I had high blood pressure ( 160/100 ) after a life time of bad health/life choices but now I control it with 80mg of aspirin once a day, monthly cost Ph120 and a Malunggay leaf, which I pick in the garden for free, coffee each morning. Local hospital doctor was so proud that the 6 different types of medication he had prescribed had worked as my BP was down to just above normal ( 130/90 ), it was then that I told him it was just aspirin and Malunggay and not his medication that had done it.
130/90 is too high
Old Nov 25th 2019, 2:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It's high but not too high. Normal here in the US is 120/80. My husband's with meds is 120/80. Mine without meds is 90/60 and no that is not considered low. That for me and my daughters is normal.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

At a dentist appointment (only for cleaning which i quite enjoy) she asked about my BP. Went to the farmacia where it read as 175/115. Straight to docs where it read as 160/90. Given pills and after a week remeasured at 138/80 and advised to continue with pills. Should I worry?
Old Nov 25th 2019, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
At a dentist appointment (only for cleaning which i quite enjoy) she asked about my BP. Went to the farmacia where it read as 175/115. Straight to docs where it read as 160/90. Given pills and after a week remeasured at 138/80 and advised to continue with pills. Should I worry?
I wouldn't worry. My doc is quite happy with these numbers.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 1:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Your lower figure of 80 (diastolic blood pressure) is normal for most adults, so I wouldn't worry if it were me. Your systolic blood pressure of 138 is just a little high, that's the one that responds (goes up) to things like stress, illness, or even just running around all day, so it can fluctuate. It sometimes takes a few dosage adjustments before you doc finds the right dose or type of BP medication for you. Make sure you keep any appointments for checks, but for now I wouldn't worry at all Pica.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Nov 25th 2019 at 1:20 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly a case of "white coat syndrome" when you went to the Docs?
Old Nov 25th 2019, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

At a new dentist appointment I was given a form to fill in which included a long list of ailments, all of which I answered No. The dentist was quite impressed and asked how I stayed so healthy for my age, I just said "Stay away from doctors". Apart from being dragged to the doctor by the wife here every time I cough or sneeze or to check my BP since my home unit stopped working. I have only been to a doctor twice for a problem since leaving school, 1982 and 2009.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the reassurance that I'm not n immediate danger of a cardiac event. I guess the farmacia's machine was not working properly. Phew!
Old Nov 25th 2019, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Possibly a case of "white coat syndrome" when you went to the Docs?
No not at all. I'm (was) a bona fide nurse so visiting docs doesn't scare me - I just wonder if they got it right 😳
Old Nov 25th 2019, 4:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the reassurance that I'm not n immediate danger of a cardiac event. I guess the farmacia's machine was not working properly. Phew!
Those are often inaccurate. Give it a week on your new meds and see if it settles down; it should.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 7:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Blimey. I wondered where I was for a moment. I thought I was in the BrokenBiscuits&Glue thread.
Hopefully P11's BP is fine and dandy despite all the dramas.

Toddles off thinking I might buy a BP test thingy.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Blimey. I wondered where I was for a moment. I thought I was in the BrokenBiscuits&Glue thread.
Hopefully P11's BP is fine and dandy despite all the dramas.

Toddles off thinking I might buy a BP test thingy.
Wondered if this was a good or bad thing 🙄
Old Nov 26th 2019, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Wondered if this was a good or bad thing 🙄
If you are concerned about your BP ...then yes it is a good thing. Mine cost about 1.5k and was advised to buy the the unit to use on the arm. More accurate so I am told. I checked mine once per week until my wife trashed it when I left her for the second time back in April. I notice on her BP results the doc checks both arms the point of which I don't understand although they were slightly different. I have no idea what my BP is now and needs to be checked. Back where I used to live with her, I found a walk-in place where you can get Cholesterol checked, BP and weight checked. Looking for something similar here. My scales also got trashed in one of those moments of rage by her. I have lost a fair bit of weight in the last few months and on last checking a few weeks ago, I am now down to 64kg from about 70kg which is a concern. I need to get those checks done once I find the right place.

Moving on....Nothing further to report since I last wrote. Still in temp accommodation with a lovely Filipino family but I hope to view a part furnished place this week with a view to moving in after refurb during January. I am in no rush because Idont know how things are gong to pan out here. As a consequence, I have extended my visa for just 59 days. Her latest threat is to take me to a Family Court of which I have no problem to settle her maintenance. However her attorney (if she has one) claims she can get 40% of my gross pension which would be ruinous for me because I am carrying all her debts plus wedding and the money lent to an ex-pats wife to bury her husband a couple of years back. I could cope with 40% of Nett pension without too much of a problem. Anyway....still researching her 40% claim. Off to PSA in a few days to do some digging on any previous marriage she may have had.

Regards
Old Nov 26th 2019, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
If you are concerned about your BP ...then yes it is a good thing. Mine cost about 1.5k and was advised to buy the the unit to use on the arm. More accurate so I am told. I checked mine once per week until my wife trashed it when I left her for the second time back in April. I notice on her BP results the doc checks both arms the point of which I don't understand although they were slightly different. I have no idea what my BP is now and needs to be checked. Back where I used to live with her, I found a walk-in place where you can get Cholesterol checked, BP and weight checked. Looking for something similar here. My scales also got trashed in one of those moments of rage by her. I have lost a fair bit of weight in the last few months and on last checking a few weeks ago, I am now down to 64kg from about 70kg which is a concern. I need to get those checks done once I find the right place.

Moving on....Nothing further to report since I last wrote. Still in temp accommodation with a lovely Filipino family but I hope to view a part furnished place this week with a view to moving in after refurb during January. I am in no rush because Idont know how things are gong to pan out here. As a consequence, I have extended my visa for just 59 days. Her latest threat is to take me to a Family Court of which I have no problem to settle her maintenance. However her attorney (if she has one) claims she can get 40% of my gross pension which would be ruinous for me because I am carrying all her debts plus wedding and the money lent to an ex-pats wife to bury her husband a couple of years back. I could cope with 40% of Nett pension without too much of a problem. Anyway....still researching her 40% claim. Off to PSA in a few days to do some digging on any previous marriage she may have had.

Regards
disappear / fake death / leave and you’ll be entitled to keep 100pct of your pension. Why bother staying in contact. You’re making her believe she is more important than she actually is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.