Me and My Family

Old Oct 29th 2019, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by RedApe
And hope that there is no little muffin on the horizon. Did you get the name of that OB/GYN -nyou might want to ask if she was preggers on the last visit.
If there is, definite DNA test required
Old Oct 31st 2019, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
How’s it going?
Ok.....a general update.

I think I have found a place to live so will be settled down soon. Still being well taken of by a lovely couple who have helped and supported me during this very difficult time. Cannot thank them enough.

Since I last reported here, I have seen an attorney and told me thus...... The debt of 191k which is illegal, and has no contractual basis and only written on a piece of paper signed by her only before we are married can be pursued through the small claims procedure here. More on that later.

The "abandonment" issue is real and I must support my wife the best I can financially. That is an obligation I am aware of. More on that later also.

She has been threatening me with a case before the brgy captain. I accused her of having a bf (which I am careful not to at the moment) and other petty issues such as shaming her by talking to my friends about the problem. He has advised me to ignore that. Doubt if she will anyway....usual threats.

I should go for an annulment obviously but he has a retainer of 150k....out of my league at the moment.

I cannot go to Hong Kong for a divorce which I was told was legal here in the Philippines.

Now....the events since I last wrote here........

She has been blowing hot and cold since I left her which is usual. Threats and then pictures of her with the dog and puppies as an example. But never a plea to come back home as before. That to me just confirms what we thought. She has no further use for me. I believe she has a bf of about 1 year and I guess they wanted to get as much money out of me as possible.

I can be liable for this illegal debt according to the attorney. I am married to her so her debts and assets become mine also. However as he points out it is not a prisonable offence and if the creditor pursues it through the small claims court we have little assets to take. I find it odd that a legal system can take on an illegal debt. They can sequestrate my bank account but he tells me they cannot touch that because it is my pension. I really need to confirm that. All this also applies to the girl who owes me about 133k. There are no central records to record these judgments.

I have told my wife that she is legally responsible for her debt. I have not told her that I am also liable. On hearing that she accepted that and said she will get a job "overseas"...(still no mention of Kuwait) to pay off the debt. However she has since come back to me and said that she falls outside the age limit of 35. She has also stated that she can no longer work in the "big city" call centre because of "health reasons". I have told her to get some sort of job soon, because I cannot support her fully financially for eternity. I will ask for a doctors certificate. She has to go there to sign for her pay on 4 Nov according to her. I will ask for sight of her payslip and if that is not forthcoming a contract agreement. Interesting that she cannot work anymore now that I have left her. More interestingly, is that I have not heard a peep out of the creditor for a few days who has been hounding me daily. That perhaps indicates collusion between the two of them. A scam.

Her family are angry with her. She tells me that they have changed the lock on the gate and she can no longer visit their house. I have had msgs of support from Filipina wives who say they will speak for me and against her if there are any proceedings against her. The 15k from her "customer" has still not arrived and although she has a receipt for her new mobile phone....she has not shown me the receipt.

I have a Filipina wife who lives near the father of her two boys. She knows the father. She is going to try and find out more about the rumour of a previous marriage etc.

I think that's about all for now

Regards
Old Oct 31st 2019, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

P11,
This doesn't make sense to me, or, am I thick?
"I have a Filipina wife who lives near the father of her two boys. She knows the father. She is going to try and find out more about the rumour of a previous marriage etc."

Very pleased that you have found a place to replant your roots so to speak.
Take care
Old Oct 31st 2019, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
P11,
This doesn't make sense to me, or, am I thick?
"I have a Filipina wife who lives near the father of her two boys. She knows the father. She is going to try and find out more about the rumour of a previous marriage etc."

Very pleased that you have found a place to replant your roots so to speak.
Take care
Sorry... My mistake. I know of a filippina wife married to an ex pat who lives near to the father of my wife's two boys

Regards
Old Oct 31st 2019, 3:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kindness always makes me happy.

I do hope this will all be sorted out asap. Something clear cut so you know what you must and must not do.

Looking forward in a while to reading about your new and happier life as you rebuild that.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 3:30 am
Just Joined

YuNick is an unknown quantity at this point

I have long followed your story, not commented as others said all that needed saying, but, I am glad you are safe and in a happier place. Life is full of adventures, some good ,some bad. You can take comfort from the fact you did all you can to make it succeed. I wish you well in your future, time to enjoy life even more with less drama. Best wishes.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 4:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it lovely to find good people when you need them most. Keep on rockin' P11, you're almost there. Don't hand over one peso more than you're legally obliged to, she's forfeited the right to any consideration from you.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
I have seen an attorney and told me thus...... The debt of 191k which is illegal, and has no contractual basis and only written on a piece of paper signed by her only before we are married can be pursued through the small claims procedure here. More on that later.

She has no further use for me. I believe she has a bf of about 1 year and I guess they wanted to get as much money out of me as possible.

I can be liable for this illegal debt according to the attorney. I am married to her so her debts and assets become mine also.
I wonder if the bf and money lender are related ( bf and loan appeared on the scene about the same time by the looks of things ), getting a nice P19k a month from you would certainly beat working for a living.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:45 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

P11, re this part of your post

I should go for an annulment obviously but he has a retainer of 150k....out of my league at the moment.
I cannot go to Hong Kong for a divorce which I was told was legal here in the Philippines.

The link I'm going to post below states that you can divorce your wife in the UK (without the need for you to be present in the UK) and that divorce would be recognised by the Philippines. It's a link to an expats solicitors website but while their main reason for publishing the information is probably to get clients to retain them, there's no reason to doubt the authenticity of the information. Have a good read of it. Your attorney should have advised you of this option, but I guess he'd rather you retain him for the drawn out and expensive process of an annulment.

Apparently such a divorce would take 4 - 6 months and then, as the divorce would be recognised by the Philippines government, you wouldn't have to have anything to do with your wife again (including not being responsible for her so called debts)
https://expatriatelaw.com/divorce-in-the-philippines/
Old Oct 31st 2019, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Easier to just leave the country while you can. Who cares about all these funny charges against you - they will never have the means to find you in another country and you’ll never go back to the Philippines either. Certainly seems the easiest solution.

string her along on WhatsApp until you leave (and a bit after) just so the exit is simple. Skype her when you’ve finally left and tell it her straight to give closure.

and the 35 year age limit... my Filipina housemaid in Dubai is 52...
Old Oct 31st 2019, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
P11, re this part of your post

The link I'm going to post below states that you can divorce your wife in the UK (without the need for you to be present in the UK) and that divorce would be recognised by the Philippines. It's a link to an expats solicitors website but while their main reason for publishing the information is probably to get clients to retain them, there's no reason to doubt the authenticity of the information. Have a good read of it. Your attorney should have advised you of this option, but I guess he'd rather you retain him for the drawn out and expensive process of an annulment.

Apparently such a divorce would take 4 - 6 months and then, as the divorce would be recognised by the Philippines government, you wouldn't have to have anything to do with your wife again (including not being responsible for her so called debts)
https://expatriatelaw.com/divorce-in-the-philippines/
Thanks....but in the UK I need her consent....doubt if I will get that.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Thanks....but in the UK I need her consent....doubt if I will get that.
True, if she doesn't consent you'll need to wait until you've been separated for 5 years, after which it doesn't matter if the other party doesn't consent.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 2:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

P11 ..... I'm glad that you have finally accepted the way things are and are making inroads to dissolving the marriage. Yes, it is going to cost money but you'll tighten your belt and live on beans on toast for several months until you can afford the attorney fee. I'm sorry that you are forced to continue giving her financial support but glad that it is a smallish amount in regards to what you bring in on your pension monthly.

Is there such a thing as a legal separation there? Does the monthly support amount come from a court order or is it just what you feel you can give without jeopardizing your own financial welfare? Are you still responsible for her healthcare bills?

May happiness dog your footsteps for the rest of your life and may the sunrises and sunsets be strikingly beautiful each day of your life.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 5:15 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to say it, but I knew marrying her was a huge mistake. You had everything to lose and nothing to gain. Maybe the whole thread will help someone else avoid the pitfalls. Good luck with it all.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
I hate to say it, but I knew marrying her was a huge mistake. You had everything to lose and nothing to gain. Maybe the whole thread will help someone else avoid the pitfalls. Good luck with it all.
P11 won't be the last one to have gone through this experience. Guys don't seem to learn.
All the best for P11.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.