Me and My Family

Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:22 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
I agree. It may well be that the end is nigh which will be sad, but I can say that I have given it my best shot and if it fails.....then no fingers will be pointed at me for not trying.

Regards
And I don't think anyone will disagree that you've given it your best shot. Your patience, (or is it obduracy!!) is amazing..
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
And I don't think anyone will disagree that you've given it your best shot. Your patience, (or is it obduracy!!) is amazing..
really amazing. 10 out of 10 for grit. I like reading books with happy endings but as we get nearer to the final chapter i really doubt it.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
So act accordingly then.

I believe it's going to rain this afternoon. I take an umbrella.

I can't prove it's going to rain, but I still don't leave the house without the umbrella.

I guess what everyone is trying to understand is , in your heart of heart, deep down, it seems like you know its all lies, so why do you stay with her ?

That's what is so unfathomable to the average reader. Especially when, as someone else mentioned, there's loads more fish in the sea.

What is so special about your LL?
Yes, I know its all lies and I have never denied that. I also know the reason for her lies and for her bouts of violent behavior but of course that does not make it ok. So why do I stay with her? Because I have had a wonderful 3 yrs with a beautiful woman who is now my wife. Through her stupidity she made poor business decisions that has turned our life into a mess. I will try to save this marriage but there is only so much I can do. I have done my best. Yes, I love her.....but that sadly is dying.

Regards
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree bestvue.P11's ongoing pulp saga is up for this year's Pulitzer Prize i believe.What I really love about this work of fiction is the way he portrays himself as a victim who is gleefully oblivious to the actions of his much adored Lovely Lady.I also like the way that he conducts his covert surveillance of the LL in an Inspector Clouseau style way.Now,if this was a movie,who could play the lead roles......??........maybe William H Macy (of Fargo fame) for the male lead.Who could be the female ??
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

"So why do I stay with her? Because I have had a wonderful 3 yrs with a beautiful woman who is now my wife"

That's great bait
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I know its all lies and I have never denied that. I also know the reason for her lies and for her bouts of violent behavior but of course that does not make it ok. So why do I stay with her? Because I have had a wonderful 3 yrs with a beautiful woman who is now my wife. Through her stupidity she made poor business decisions that has turned our life into a mess. I will try to save this marriage but there is only so much I can do. I have done my best. Yes, I love her.....but that sadly is dying.

Regards
Right at the beginning of this saga it was suggested by several people that you and your LL should go off somewhere a couple of islands away and start again. Perhaps now is the time for that fresh start.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. It may well be that the end is nigh which will be sad, but I can say that I have given it my best shot and if it fails.....then no fingers will be pointed at me for not trying.
Nobody could accuse you of not trying, P. You have been much more patient than most of us here would have been. I know what I would do, but I'm not you. I don't doubt that you do love the woman she was 3 years ago, but if you are really honest with yourself you might realise that woman was not real. She was the fictional character created by a woman who doesn't love you. She was then and is now looking for someone to finance her family's lives.
Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Right at the beginning of this saga it was suggested by several people that you and your LL should go off somewhere a couple of islands away and start again. Perhaps now is the time for that fresh start.
Why not suggest this to her? Just the 2 of you disappear and leave the debts and leaching family behind? The 2 of you could live nicely on your pensions if there's no more constant asking for money. See what she says when you suggest it.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Yes...fair play. Correct. When I came back from my 17 day sojourn, we talked about moving away and start again. But there is unfinished business here to deal with. The debt. That is going to follow us around wherever we go like a bad smell until it is dealt with. Dealing with that could be the end of our relationship. I sincerely hope not.... I hope she feels the same way.

Regards
Old Oct 10th 2019, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, he ran the safari's in the 1950's. The guy eventually got repulsed by it that he never shot another wild animal again. He hoped that what he was doing then (in the mid sixties) helped in some ways to atone for his "Hemingway-era" sins. He did wildlife photography and figured that getting a good photograph was 20 times more difficult than shooting an animal. We're now a half century on from that little chat in the Hotel Coryndon and people still think that shooting an animal somehow validates their manhood. Off topic....sorry.

Last edited by RedApe; Oct 10th 2019 at 10:19 am.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

P11,

Just to trying to understand you. There seems to be an 'incident' and then everybody hones in. Lets see the wood for the trees and see what P11 is thinking rather than discussing the incident.

Whats your best outcome scenario (e.g in 6 months or 1 yr) ?

Whats your worst outcome scenario (e.g. in 6 months or 1 yr) ?

Whats the most probable scenario in 6 months or 1 yr (best or worst) ?
Old Oct 10th 2019, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaygee68
Agree bestvue.P11's ongoing pulp saga is up for this year's Pulitzer Prize i believe.What I really love about this work of fiction is the way he portrays himself as a victim who is gleefully oblivious to the actions of his much adored Lovely Lady.I also like the way that he conducts his covert surveillance of the LL in an Inspector Clouseau style way.Now,if this was a movie,who could play the lead roles......??........maybe William H Macy (of Fargo fame) for the male lead.Who could be the female ??
This could be funny...driving around Manila asking taxi-cab drivers the address of a non-existent company. The ever-expanding family finding out what to spend their periodic windfalls on...and selling off old motorcycles to upgrade. "Maybe I should tell him him I'm going to Uni" "...that's good". "Maybe going to school in the US?" "What? Why so greedy! Leave some for the rest of us!"

How about Sleeping with the dog, and more dogs, and more dogs...while LL dotes on the dogs and not him.

All the lost wedding and engagement rings that keep getting lost in the strangest places. Funny how she keeps taking them off and losing them!

Crazy expensive wedding...the drag queen planners are perfect.

Jewelry! New business!

Ohhh...and the great mango glut! New business!

Money lending! New Business!

Oh, and have one sweet ethical gal that is observing all of this, and is also generally downtrodden by LL ("the only thing worse than being ugly...is being poor") and ignored by the protagonist, who swoops in and saves him at the last minute. The local villagers use the opportunity to assist the escape and hide their trail. Off they go to Palawan!

I'd suggest the lesbian comedian Margaret Cho for the lead...just the right amount of spleen and sarcastic remarks that would go right over the protagonists head.

Maybe call the film "Crazy Grift Asians".

Last edited by RedApe; Oct 10th 2019 at 10:19 am.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Lemme see. You say it is an illegal loan by an unlicensed lender. You also seem to want her to pay for it by herself...though occasionally you hint at taking on some of the burden. Money Lender shows up at the door to collect, LL is not there. It is her problem, though. Her loan...didn't she tell the Money Lender she's away out of the time? Doesn't he have her address? LL returns home and is upset that YOU didn't take care of the loan...why else would she be so angry at you. She expected YOU to pay it. That's why the Money Lender showed up when he did..."My husband will pay it".

It's much like everything else that you've done...covering school fees, business losses on the jewelry venture, medical costs for father-in-law, scooters, your wifes "allowance", the rent, the rent on her parents place....somehow all of this was supposed to be subsidized by you. More and more it appears you will assume the payment of the loan, too. Haven't you already paid some of it (the interest). Why are YOU getting involved in the renegotiation of the amount of interest if that is not the case. Shouldn't that be her responsibility? When you get in front of the money lender and she says "Okay just pay off half the loan principal now, and the interest accrued to now, and you'll have to pay the rest at 12% interest starting now." What will you do with that deal because your wife can't make a big lump sum payment?
You'll pay...you'll assume the debt. That is, after all what happens when you renegotiate the debt...you get involved. YOU made the arrangement, you "fixed it"...which means the wife will expect you to help pay it off...especially if she can't (because she is using her money for something else). And if you make that big lump payment on the principal with your wife promising to pay that back to you....Bwahahahaha...she'll say "I'm already paying money lender...now you expect me to PAY YOU!"
Old Oct 10th 2019, 11:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
I agree, he ran the safari's in the 1950's. The guy eventually got repulsed by it that he never shot another wild animal again. He hoped that what he was doing then (in the mid sixties) helped in some ways to atone for his "Hemingway-era" sins. He did wildlife photography and figured that getting a good photograph was 20 times more difficult than shooting an animal. We're now a half century on from that little chat in the Hotel Coryndon and people still think that shooting an animal somehow validates their manhood. Off topic....sorry.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 11:34 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Not only has she milked poor P11 almost dry, now she is telling him that she can't possibly be expected to live on the 8k equivalent of beans on toast.

Open your eyes man!
Old Oct 10th 2019, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RedApe
Lemme see. You say it is an illegal loan by an unlicensed lender. You also seem to want her to pay for it by herself...though occasionally you hint at taking on some of the burden. Money Lender shows up at the door to collect, LL is not there. It is her problem, though. Her loan...didn't she tell the Money Lender she's away out of the time? Doesn't he have her address? LL returns home and is upset that YOU didn't take care of the loan...why else would she be so angry at you. She expected YOU to pay it. That's why the Money Lender showed up when he did..."My husband will pay it".

It's much like everything else that you've done...covering school fees, business losses on the jewelry venture, medical costs for father-in-law, scooters, your wifes "allowance", the rent, the rent on her parents place....somehow all of this was supposed to be subsidized by you. More and more it appears you will assume the payment of the loan, too. Haven't you already paid some of it (the interest). Why are YOU getting involved in the renegotiation of the amount of interest if that is not the case. Shouldn't that be her responsibility? When you get in front of the money lender and she says "Okay just pay off half the loan principal now, and the interest accrued to now, and you'll have to pay the rest at 12% interest starting now." What will you do with that deal because your wife can't make a big lump sum payment?
You'll pay...you'll assume the debt. That is, after all what happens when you renegotiate the debt...you get involved. YOU made the arrangement, you "fixed it"...which means the wife will expect you to help pay it off...especially if she can't (because she is using her money for something else). And if you make that big lump payment on the principal with your wife promising to pay that back to you....Bwahahahaha...she'll say "I'm already paying money lender...now you expect me to PAY YOU!"
In your first paragraph you have made the assumption that I expect my wife to pay for the illegal debt. Wrong. We have agreed that she will get a job, which she now has and we will pay the debt off together. In the interim, I have been making the interest payments. This renders the rest of your narrative as superfluous.

To further help you understand the true situation, I volunteered to help with the rent, college fees and her fathers meds. I did this without hesitation. It is not uncommon for an ex-pat to help out the family where possible.

Perhaps you can advise me on how she alone can deal with the 191k loan at 19k interest per month.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.