Me and My Family

Old Oct 8th 2019, 10:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by jaygee68
Any chance that those "debtors" were fictitious from the outset?
A 95% chance I'd have thought. P11s main problem - apologies if incorrect - is that even though she's lied to him on various different things since 2015, he has continued to believe her without, apparently, proof. She's shown pictures of jewellery, she told stories of money made, she's told stories of money lost and he has believed her until there have been cracks in her stories. Even then, he's accepted whatever cock and bull excuses/explanations she's given him.

Old Oct 8th 2019, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
P11,

You have got to be totally desperate to get married to someone who hid the fact that she had 4 children from others.
Be careful about throwing stones in glass houses, their are many xpats likely in this situation without realising. Unless your wife/girlfriend was a virgin when you met her, in the land of very little or no contraception there's probably children somewhere in the background.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 11:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
A comment was made about my health. Yes, it has suffered with weight loss and sleepness nights but apart from that and my bad back, everything is fine. Thanks for your concern.

Regards
I would think what you have endured since moving to the Philippines would take its toll on anyone’s health. You may think there is nothing wrong with you, but non of us know what ticking time bombs are lurking inside us, and as I said, you have endured a lot more than most.

I hope I am wrong.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 1:06 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I would think what you have endured since moving to the Philippines would take its toll on anyone’s health. You may think there is nothing wrong with you, but non of us know what ticking time bombs are lurking inside us, and as I said, you have endured a lot more than most.

I hope I am wrong.
And therein lies the dichotomy of this entire thread. What nearly everyone who comments sees as appalling, horrendous, unbearable, P11 calmly rationalises away and glides on. I don't think he's stressed at all. He may wish some things to be different, but that's about it. He'll probably outlive all of us.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

P11,

You have got to be totally desperate to get married to someone who hid the fact that she had 4 children from others. You are totally ignorant when it comes to your L/L.I don’t know of anyone ( bar a complete wally) who would accept that level of downright deceit.
I wonder if your children or friends in the UK think you have chosen the right partner or are supportive for your self inflicted problems. You make out continually that everything in your life is tickityboo, bliss and the rest..........your so easy to please, and now are making yourself look a bigger fool than you already are.
Sorry to be abrupt, but nothing seems to get through to your ignorance, or pride.
Again...desperate for what? I was ambivalent about marriage especially after my recent divorce. You have plenty of experience in the Philippines so you state. so you should also be aware that it is not unusual for kids to appear out of the woodwork. That doesn't mean I have to like it,

My two sons in the UK have given me complete support during this difficult time and so has my brothers and sister. However, I suspect they do not approve of my wifes actions.

Where exactly did you get the idea that my life here is ticketyboo and bliss. It was up until about 12 months or so ago.

Moving on....

Yes, this debt could be fictitious, but here are my reasons to think otherwise....

Firstly the creditor is a close friend and a distant relation to my wife which means that collusion could be possible. However, when the debt became known to me, the creditor claimed it was 201k from memory. My wife fought tooth and nail to bring it down to 191k. Not the actions of a collusion between them. Furthermore, it was because of this debt (interest) that money was being pried away from me since December last. The two debtors that she re-loaned to had disappeared and she was saddled with the interest repayments. It was during those months that she became absolute desperate for money and admitted to me as much.

Finally....

Tampo disappeared last night, but I think its back again. Our defrosting dinner is back in the freezer and she went out a couple of hours ago to go to the market. Anyway, that's another story and we have a brown out all day and my lap top battery does not last for ever.

Regards
Old Oct 9th 2019, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

To quote P11. "we have a brown out all day and my lap top battery does not last for ever."

So how can you post this?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
To quote P11. "we have a brown out all day and my lap top battery does not last for ever."

So how can you post this?
Simple. My laptop has a battery and I use load from my mobile via Hotspot to my laptop.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Again...desperate for what? I was ambivalent about marriage especially after my recent divorce. You have plenty of experience in the Philippines so you state. so you should also be aware that it is not unusual for kids to appear out of the woodwork. That doesn't mean I have to like it,

My two sons in the UK have given me complete support during this difficult time and so has my brothers and sister. However, I suspect they do not approve of my wifes actions.

Where exactly did you get the idea that my life here is ticketyboo and bliss. It was up until about 12 months or so ago.

Moving on....

Yes, this debt could be fictitious, but here are my reasons to think otherwise....

Firstly the creditor is a close friend and a distant relation to my wife which means that collusion could be possible. However, when the debt became known to me, the creditor claimed it was 201k from memory. My wife fought tooth and nail to bring it down to 191k. Not the actions of a collusion between them. Furthermore, it was because of this debt (interest) that money was being pried away from me since December last. The two debtors that she re-loaned to had disappeared and she was saddled with the interest repayments. It was during those months that she became absolute desperate for money and admitted to me as much.

Finally....

Tampo disappeared last night, but I think its back again. Our defrosting dinner is back in the freezer and she went out a couple of hours ago to go to the market. Anyway, that's another story and we have a brown out all day and my lap top battery does not last for ever.

Regards

Just a couple of Reminders.......the mystery break-in that left the L/L without her just received allowance, the ‘lost’ Wedding engagement rings ( probably pawned) the threat of having you removed from the Philippines...........
Old Oct 9th 2019, 4:51 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly the creditor is a close friend and a distant relation to my wife which means that collusion could be possible. However, when the debt became known to me, the creditor claimed it was 201k from memory. My wife fought tooth and nail to bring it down to 191k. Not the actions of a collusion between them

On the other hand, those are exactly the actions that they could take to pull the wool over your eyes. 'He's not happy about the 'loan', let's pretend to have a fight to get it reduced, that'll make him less suspicious'. After everything you've found out about her, can you honestly say that she wouldn't do this?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Firstly the creditor is a close friend and a distant relation to my wife which means that collusion could be possible. However, when the debt became known to me, the creditor claimed it was 201k from memory. My wife fought tooth and nail to bring it down to 191k. Not the actions of a collusion between them

On the other hand, those are exactly the actions that they could take to pull the wool over your eyes. 'He's not happy about the 'loan', let's pretend to have a fight to get it reduced, that'll make him less suspicious'. After everything you've found out about her, can you honestly say that she wouldn't do this?
Seems a very logical explanation. P11 why don’t you simply ignore the debt ? There Will never be any court action against you, the creditor has no proof that the loan existed ( on drawn contract) . You could sue for fraud, and see if a counter claim is submitted, I doubt it.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Seems a very logical explanation. P11 why don’t you simply ignore the debt ? There Will never be any court action against you, the creditor has no proof that the loan existed ( on drawn contract) . You could sue for fraud, and see if a counter claim is submitted, I doubt it.
As I explained previously. ... I will pay the debt but Only with the help of my wife's income. If that is not forthcoming then I have to doubt the debt. Then a rethink is necessary. If I leave her because of this episode, I shall wipe my hands from the debt altogether. I have an ex pat here who may be able to clear the debt for me... Or the bulk of it. Don't want to go down that route until I am sure 100% the debt is genuine. I may also try to renogiate the debt at 10% pa. The max legal rate is 7% as far as I am aware. Also, I have to bear in mind that the creditor obtained the money in suspicious circumstances. Her husband was shot and killed during a road rage altercation...

Your previous post commented about lost engagement rings etc. This was well documented and due to her first business failure. Trying to pay off angry creditors.

Regards
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:09 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Be careful about throwing stones in glass houses, their are many xpats likely in this situation without realising. Unless your wife/girlfriend was a virgin when you met her, in the land of very little or no contraception there's probably children somewhere in the background.
But wouldn't most people mention those children?
Or is it normal to keep them hidden because worried about the money tap getting turned off?

I understand the reasoning if that's the case, doesn't mean I'd like it though.

Probably would be a deal breaker for me.

If someone can't be honest about their own kids, then to me it shows they're prepared to lie about absolutely anything.

Reminds me of the old adage about knowing when a politician is lying!
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

As I explained previously. ... I will pay the debt but Only with the help of my wife's income. If that is not forthcoming then I have to doubt the debt. Then a rethink is necessary. If I leave her because of this episode, I shall wipe my hands from the debt altogether. I have an ex pat here who may be able to clear the debt for me... Or the bulk of it. Don't want to go down that route until I am sure 100% the debt is genuine. I may also try to renogiate the debt at 10% pa. The max legal rate is 7% as far as I am aware. Also, I have to bear in mind that the creditor obtained the money in suspicious circumstances. Her husband was shot and killed during a road rage altercation...

Your previous post commented about lost engagement rings etc. This was well documented and due to her first business failure. Trying to pay off angry creditors.

Regards
WTF. So you’re considering refinancing the debt (and making it yours) or negotiating the rates. Either way you’re taking ownership.

She has had a great deal with you. You house, feed and finance her. And in return you get nothing.

Last edited by Millhouse; Oct 9th 2019 at 6:15 am.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

It is unlikly your wife will contribute to her debt. Under no circumstances should you borrow money off another ex-pat, that is just delaying the inevitable. Your best solution is just do not pay the creditor, amd see what happens.As I have already mentioned let the courts decide if there is any debt to answer ......I doubt it.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:42 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

WTF. So you’re considering refinancing the debt (and making it yours) or negotiating the rates. Either way you’re taking ownership.

She has had a great deal with you. You house, feed and finance her. And in return you get nothing.
Not only is he getting nothing, someone else is getting the benefit of the new nighty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.